Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Kyori blinked and stared blankly at Seruxis, not wanting to believe what he had just said. Perhaps this blackout of hers was worse than she had originally thought... She let him go without saying a word, trying to think of a solution, something. She hanged her head and eventually managed to find her bedroom, stared at her closet with a frown and picked something modest to wear... a simple white dress with simple white underwear, both of which were rarities.

Eventually she sat on her bed, holding her head and staring at the floor. What was happening!? What was going on!? How could she be in Raveran, where was Tar'lyn? Had he abandoned her? Why did she have an apartment at Raveran in the first place? No, she should be in Chel'el'sussoloth, hunting the tainted... Raveran only had a small Vloz'ress outpost at best, Raveran did not require that much help... Right?

"Dear Sharess..." she eventually muttered, shutting her eyes and suppressing all emotion. She wanted to say something in protest of all this, but simply couldn't find the words.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Celice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Seruxis returned supported between the healer and her assistant both demmanding to sit him down and check his leg as soon as he had dragged his sorry self into their office. He was stubborn though and besides a templar wasn't as important as a warden was. His leg was screaming in pain now feeling all over again like he was back with the demons but that wasn't important right? Duty before yourself anyday and Kyori was behaving bizarrely.

The healer went to see Kyori straight away grumbling about his recklessness as the assistant helped him to bed to check on his leg. Gratefully he dropped onto the bed lying back and propping the bad leg up on a pillow as the assistant placed a healers kit next to her, first taking out a pair of scissors and started to cut gently through the first layer of the cast sighing at all the hard work come into binding it now having to be undone.

After the first layer was gone her brow furrowed in concern. There was traces of blood on the second layer.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:32 pm

A knock on her bedroom's door interrupted Kyori's focus, making her blink and go answer it. She opened the door in a clear state of confusion, hanging her still-bleeding head. "Greetings, Inquisitor" she replied, trying to smile a bit for a reason she couldn't consciously comprehend and let her enter. "Please, come in." She then sat on her bed in an atypically formal demeanour, one that Raveran had never seen her with, and exposed the back of her head at the healer.

"...I had a small accident, apparently... My Templar told me I hit myself on the dresser while falling. I cannot remember the exact circumstances, however, including a variety of things related to... well... my life..." she blinked. She looked at the healer, hoping for some answers as she further explained herself.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 pm

The assistant was in a flury now cutting through the layers of bandages revealing more blood and eventuall she snipped through the last blood stained layer and gasped pushing the ruined bandages of the cast away, "You weren't suppose to strain it!" she hissed angrily up at the templar who felt the pain more acutely as he sat up to look.

One half of the broken leg was not protruding through the skin, a bloody white jagged thing that made Seruxis's stomach start to roll and tumble within him. The assistant probably saw his pale face and sighed pulling a bucket closer to him, "When my master is done in the other room with your warden, she will have to come and help me....put the bone back in you, stich up the wound so it doesn't become infected and then make a tighter cast to keep it in place," she said with a sigh, "Until then don't move an inch!"

Seruxis was already to numb in shock at the sight to move about any and kept still watching the minutes tick by and by hoping that Kyori was alright now...a broken mind was worse then a broken protruding bone anyday.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Treating Kyori's minor physical wounds had taken a little bit, but the mental ones weren't just as easy. The healer had quickly diagnosed amnesia; it quickly became apparent that Kyori had seemingly recovered from her old amnesia, but lost memory of everything that happened between the original bump in the head and the one now. Disappointedly, she hanged her head with a frown, disappointment, and anger at herself. She felt useless, utterly useless.

The inquisitor went as far as explaining that there was no guarantee on when or whether the memories could return. It was clear that Kyori's personality had not been radically affected and that her memories had largely been shuffled than completely exchanged... but what could be the healing? She was told that time with loved ones, ones that knew you before you lost your memory could be of help. Tar'lyn came instantly at her mind, but the healer informed her of how things were to date.

All Kyori could do, in the end, was be patient, and spend time with loved ones... Only the name 'Seruxis' came in her mind, but the name didn't ring any bells in terms of looks. She asked the inquisitor, and she informed her that Seruxis was her templar, the man who had come to find them. Uncertainly she just nodded, stood up with a fake smile, and thanked the Inquisitor for her efforts, promising to fill her in. It seemed as if they would both take time off in the end...

With the somewhat long examination and diagnose of what was wrong now being over, Kyori and the Inquisitor moved to the room next door. The Warden was obviously confused, not sure about what was worse; her injured templar or herself? Worry was overcoming her, however, as she saw the other woman frowning just before they entered the room. What she saw next made her stare in shock, forgetting her own condition completely.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 pm

The assistant had done a lot in cleaning around the protuding bone while the head healer sighed shaking her head, " I told you not to push it, " she drawled to Seru with a pointed glare rolling up her sleeves, "get me the scalpel...."

Seruxis glanced at Kyori wondering if she was any better before clenching his teeth in pain as the healer began to make an insion to push down and realign the bone in his leg...the next hours or so where spent somewhere between falling into the bliss of uncousiousness and being awake clenching his teeth and eyes, hands curling into fists in the sheets.

He felt like screaming at them to just remove the whole limb and spare him this pain but he didnt' want to risk a single word in case he bit his own tongue off by accident. The housr pasted and soon the pain was numbed, stiches now done and a new tighter cast being wound around the reset leg, "I want it checked every three days until it is healed," the healer said with a pointed glare at Seruxis, "This time take it easy and don't limp to the temple in your condition! Don't move from this bed unless assisted"

With that the two left leaving Seruxis half fainted in his bed tired mentally and physically from the day.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 pm

It wasn't the prettiest sight to see, the treatment poor Seruxis was receiving... and warrior or not warrior, this was unlike a battlefield. It was an injury of someone dear, and Kyori did not spend a single moment without sitting by his side, holding his hand whenever allowed, whispering him a phrase to keep him confident and distracted. It felt fulfilling, for a reason, the amnesiac could not understand why but it felt truly fulfilling. Perhaps, amnesia or not, her feelings for this dude were genuine.

It was half-amusing though, for she didn't know whether they had advanced far as partners or lovers, though she had a feeling that her nudity from back when he had her pinned was not entirely coincidental. If anything, his presence eased her mind and allowed her to behave as normally as she could; the Inquisitor was right about the company thing, and if Seruxis allowed her, Kyori would keep him company for as long as she could.

Eventually it was just the two of them left; it was pretty late by now and Seruxis was obviously in pain, making Kyori blink. "Do you want me to bring you anything to ease your pain?" she asked formally, yet with a smile of love and affection slipping on her lips. "But really, please forgive me for this. I am fully responsible behind your pain. Were I not clingy and had I protected you as I should have..." she explained hanging her head guiltily. "I am sure you would not be injured like this now. I apologise."
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:41 pm

He shook his head waving off her concern, "A leg can heal. It is now taken care of and the more important question is how are you Kyori?" he asked as he lay back moving about slightly to get comfortable in the bed, his leg now only a dull throb now with a tomb of white bandages although now he had a bad itch where the stiches had been done that was almost maddening.

She seemed very different...like he was being introduced to a whole new person coupled with the fact that he was sure she hadn't been acting normally before bumping her head. They had shared a bed didn't that make them mates or lovers? It was hard to accept it with the fact that both denied that their relationship was anything more then co-workers...and that they had to keep it in such secracy like affection was a scandal. Was that why Elysia had wanted to retire?

He felt confused on what to do and act on these feelings just as he had been confused back then.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 am

Kyori hanged her head uncertainly at Seruxis' question. "Look" she said, and tried to smile when she took one of the templar's hands with both of her own. "The healer explained me what I have, and she said I have lost a part of my memory. So it is like me coming from many years back right now" she explained. "But this cannot change how I feel... I do not know many answers to my questions but I am confident that together we can walk away from this" she smiled.

She wanted to voice her thoughts, her concerns, but she couldn't. Kyori was afraid she could hurt Seru; she wanted a hug, she wanted to cry, and to this version of Kyori all these were inconceivable. Yet Seruxis inspired confidence in her, a confidence that allowed her to go ahead and do those inconceivable things. In the end she just smiled again, leaving a simple hint of her stubbornness to make things as she felt they should be. "I promise to get our memories back to my head, Seruxis" she said with determination. "We are mates after all, are we not?"

She then just hanged her head, feeling as though she wasn't being real enough for him. She wasn't Seruxis' Kyori, was she? She woke up and didn't even recognise Seruxis immediately. This cursed amnesia... But she had to have faith in the Inquisitor's words and her Seru. "Your memories could return today, or they could return tomorrow, or they could return in a hundred years" she had been told; and Kyori was sure that it would be sooner than the latter. It had to be sooner than the latter... Even if she had amnesia before that, it was better to have Seru's memories than to be with him without them.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:22 am

He kept his gaze fixed on her at the comment about them being mates. She was in the grips of a terrible memory loss...no matter how much he wanted to delcare they where and have Kyori as his own...he couldn't do that it wasn't right. He cared for her but he wasn't sure about her own true feelings. Did she see him as a mate? Mearly a companion only? A brother or son that needed her attention always?

Seruxis was confused, lost, and in doubt....doubt about his pursuit in life, his life as a templar, is personal life. He couldn't go to the temple now for guidance. He would have to suffer on in doubt. He managed to give Kyori a small smile, "I'm your templar...that I can tell you one hundred percent without doubt,"

He wouldn't lie to her what he doubted in his own heart but somewhere wished it was true what he felt for her was returned in kind in the way he wanted it to be. A life not lived in secracy...perhaps a family even...but it came back to those doubts again. What was he to do? What did he truly want?
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:47 am

Kyori managed to smile in response to the templar's comments, having deciphered his uncertainty. She could not tell what exactly was he thinking, but she could tell it was not the best of things... No doubt today's stress was playing a big factor in this, and herself she didn't feel totally alright to be frank and honest. Perhaps they needed to calm down.

Her grasp around Seruxis' hand became firmer and bolder as she smiled at him. "I think we are both exhausted, perhaps we should rest" she suggested, looking at him with an affection somehow not alien to her. "What do you want me to cook for breakfast for tomorrow?" she then asked instinctively, with a smile Seruxis should recognise.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:41 pm

He nodded settling down into the bed more" Yes...rest is what sounds good right about now " he said being careful not to move his injured leg all to much. He noted her smiles and such but it brought more doubt only. Kyori had treated him like a mother towards a son, who was to say those smiles weren't of the same sort? He did not live in her mind and couldn't parce reasons that remained tentativly on the outside of what he could comprehend.

Seruxis shrugged about breakfast, "Doesn't matter much to me..." he didn't like making descisons truth be told. Spending his entire life having always taken orders from someone higher up then himself, always a female behind a male giving the orders not the other way around. Right now though he just wanted to sleep....and he felt his eyelids drooping and in a few short minutes he was out like a light into the dark turmoil of his mind.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Kyori nodded positively, then proceeding to lie down by his side, on the outside half of the bed. "Aright. I will sleep here on the outer side of the bed, so if you need anything you won't have to move... just wake me up, alright?" she explained. She blushed slightly and hanged her head. "I mean... well, unless you do mind sharing the bed with me... I understand you're stressed, I do not want to burden you further." She looked at him with hope, a shine of love in her eyes. Poor Seru was hurt badly, for her sake none the less... She had to be by his side in such difficult moments.

Maybe even for much longer than that. She had to think about it.

"Alright. I'll see how can I cheer you up" she then smiled affectionately about the breakfast. As he went to shut his eyes, she closed in and took her time as she kissed his lips softly, trying to keep herself from being burdening to him. "Sweet dreams, Seru" she added with a smile, resisting the urge to ruffle his hair a bit lest she irritated him again. With that, her two hands met before her face and her eyes were shut as she kept herself quiet and close to her lover's side. She could feel some tension in the air but it was slowly alleviated. Eventually, they were both asleep.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Seruxis awoke with Kyori cuddled next to him making him a tad bit uncomfortable in bed. He couldn't really move and waking her up she would probably just pull another lethal cuddle on him. It was their strained relationship that had caused her injury in the first place...he felt as if he had done something wrong which was making him more confused about what he was really doing her and what he wanted.

He sighed and inched away from her so he could lay down on his back more comfortably.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:59 pm

It had not been an easy night for Kyori, having various concerns and not the nicest of dreams. She had woken up a while before Seruxis did, yet she promptly kept her eyes shut, trying to meditate and figure out what was happening. Her memory was blurred; she didn't know what exactly had happened in the past one or two days, though she had a rough idea that it wasn't nice. Seruxis felt a bit different, and it was as though she had done something mean to him.

It took a while to remember properly, and forget what she shouldn't lose from her memory.

Seruxis shifted, eventually, and although she would normally insist on a tight grasp around him, the fact she wasn't asleep let him slide as he wished without any considerable difficulty. She just opened her eyes and looked at him, feeling a soft, gentle smile drawing on her face. She didn't know if she should feel nice or unwell, but to be honest, she didn't want to be unwell. She knew it for a fact, things were so soft, so nice, until...

She didn't remember the exact event, her past and present selves having once again switched places for the most part. All she knew was that she should be Kyori, neither the Warden nor the retard, just the Kyori she had and would always be. Maybe that was a solution. Maybe that could work...
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive