Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Celice » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Seruxis looked her right in the eye with a slight glare. If she hadn't been the warden he was stuck with now he was positive he would've already turned around and left by this point however that streak of stubborness in him wasn't about to let her try and force him to run off. He straightened up a bit falling into his natural scowl and keeping his gaze on her like a dragon on an intruder to its den. There was no way in the abyss he was going to back down.

"Fine but you better tell me about yourself a little bit as well," he said keeping his arms crossed, "I'll only tell you as much about myself as you tell me about yourself. I don't want to be following around someone I don't know either who is probaby plotting the best way to get me out of the way," His glare lessoned a bit mostly because he could just half ignore her during lunch, do his duty for however long he had to and keep on somewhat neutral terms. There was no way Seruxis was going to be having friendly terms with Kyori anytime soon.

"After you warden," he said in a halfway polite tone, "Like I said before you know this place a whole lot better then I do thus I'll follow you to where we are to take lunch,"

It was going to be a long day that's for sure....
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 pm

"Of course I will" Kyori frowned at Seruxis' request. "What kind of question is that? It is our duty to work together, and work well together none the less. It is only natural that we must get to know each other better" she replied, feeling almost insulted by the sound of her tone. Not that Seruxis' constant anger helped of course. "To live up to our duties to the Goddess and the drow race, we must get to make that talk."

And what was that about plotting against him!? Did she ever plot against him? Of course she didn't, did she? She glared at him, even if she was doing it from her much lower height. "Are you implying I am forsaking the tasks bestowed upon me to further my personal ambitions?" she asked him, rather annoyed. "Watch your tongue, templar, for you are unusually insulting and offensive towards your warden" she frowned, and looked away.

"Off we go" she ordered and led the way. "Lunch now, town tour later, and tomorrow I'll show you around the rest of Raveran. And no free time today, we have to train together and get accustomed to each other's fighting style and habits" she ranted on. She was being so mechanical, so... Well, it felt as if she had lost her hopes of getting rid of that tall, mean, angry gnome. And perhaps she had, who knew?
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Celice » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:55 pm

He kind of frowned at the comment about his lack of manners but admitted yes he was being a bit on the mean side with how he was speaking. "Sorry...."He muttered letting his arms drop to his side, "I just met you. hard to really be pleasant with someone you just met...." He didn't add what he really thought though. The trail in his thought loudly complained in his head, "expecially someone I don't particulary like,"

He sighed a bit but nodded following her to lunch. No break and he just got here from how much travel to get here? Well at least he would get to sleep easily tonight by the time this day was through. "Of course Warden," he answered although he hadn't been really paying attention. A standard responce. It came natural now and days.

The tour of the town though would be something to look forward too. He wanted to know where he was staying and where necessary shops and stalls were located in order to stop wandering around after Kyori like some sort of lost puppy.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Kyori hopelessly arched her eyebrows and stared at Seruxis briefly. "Right" she replied flatly. "Alright. Since we had our angry meeting, let's try to enjoy ourselves for the rest of the day, aye?" she then offered, along with a smile that surprised even her. "I know I sound harsh and all, but eh... Well, let's try to enjoy our lunch and stuff. And maybe I can find some free time to welcome you in Raveran, too" she shrugged.

Perhaps she indeed should stop being a bitch and try to see things from their lighter side. 'Even the most vicious evil has a good side' as a proverb went, and perhaps she should try emphasising that good side for now, and see how things would develop. If it came to worst... she could be a nightmare. If not, she would have a new templar, and maybe even somebody to trust, in the distant long term. That last part, she couldn't just do for now.

She slowly led the way to a fine, moderately expensive restaurant she often visited in a section of Inlulk'lar that was typically busy with lesser nobles, rich merchants, and the like. Belonging to lesser nobility herself, Kyori Umrae'yirr liked nothing less than fine, and did show off her comparative wealth more than often. She chose to store it in objects rather than ada, however; overall, Chel taken into account, she only had some 450 ada in savings.

But what was 450 ada when you had all those expensive clothes, jewels, and gems you could use both as wealth as well as sealing demons, eh?
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 pm

He offered her a returning half smile, "Always better to try then to give up right away," he said idly, "and first impressions are not always right," he prayed he was right about that last statement or he was going to hate the next few years in which he would in the service of Kyori. As long as he attempted to be more polite towards her.

At seeing the restraunt, the first thought that crossed Seruxis's mind was, "I pray to Sharess I don't have to pay for this!" He wasn't a lesser noble nor from a rich family of merchants. Amoung the ranks, his family fell at the middle to low range. All thogether her had about fifty ada saved up from bartering and being generaly cheap about things.

He hid the shock at going into an expensive restaraunt under a mask of indifference but the sight of the food being served to other customers...dear goddesss so this is what nobles eat! He cleared his throat slgihtly, "Nice choice." He offered in a poor attempt at conversation. It had been a while since he had been forced to be aquainted with someone new.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Kyori smiled at his words. "It is our duty to not give up right away, so let's stick to it. How would the Underworld be like if the Kyorl'solen'urn had given up with the Nidraa'chal and Vloz'ress coups?" she asked him. "We are the guardians of the children of Sharess. We have no right to give up, let alone do that right away" she added. It felt as if she was preaching, and, as a matter of fact, she was.

Just before they entered, she made sure she checked for her pouch, and felt its thickness to assure she had money with her. Cash was never her forte but she always had some around; either due to payday being recently, or due to correct management of her savings. And today, she had a stunning 50 ada in cash with her, more than enough to have a very rich lunch for not two, but maybe four persons.

"My treat today" she said seriously. Kyori had noticed Seruxis' apparent surprise and all, especially as he spoke, so she figured he was very unused to all this. In effect, she had to cope with a commoner, who would be her bodyguard for the rest of her days or something... She led the way to her favourite table, at some comfortable, shadowy, relaxing corner of the main hall, and pulled a chair, opposite to the sofa that was on the other side of the table.

"Lords go first" she smiled, and offered Seruxis the seat. Some good manners never hurt, right?
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:12 am

He nodded in agreement to her words not finding it preaching per say but more reassuring of her commitment to her duties. he felt a bit guilty that Kori was paying for all of this knowing it was probably expensive even for someone like her, "I'll spot the tip," he offered, "As an apolgy for earlier comments," He added just to end the debate about that.

When offered a seat he arched an eyebrow and gave her a wry smile, "A lord? I don't think I qualify for that really. You probably have seen more lords then I can count on one hand," Nevertheless he acknowledged her polite manners and took his seat and waited for her to take her own before picking up the menu.

He raised another eyebrow as he read the menu. Nothing seemed familar almost as if written in another lanuge to him. The places he went it was one word entrees with the prices listed showing how cheap and not well made the product was. At least he could remotely read it however. Seruxis didn't want to appear as if stupid so he looked over the menu at Kyori, "What do you suggest for a newcomer to Val'Raveran to order?" He asked politely .
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:20 am

"If you insist" Kyori shrugged with a smile. She watched him take his seat at the chair before she sat opposite to him, at a small couch with soft, nice pillows, and waited for him to pick something from the menu as she tried to decide what she would get today by memory. As a semi-regular, she was commonly enjoying the less expensive, more delicious dishes of the place, some that felt almost exotic by their nature, but not by their concept.

"My favourite is vegetables stuffed with a mixture of rice, herbs, and meat" Kyori explained. "Stuffed vegetables" she added, naming them in an obvious but sufficient manner. "They have from both down here and surface varieties, considering that Raveran is, actually, quite close to the surface. Makes me want to visit that land someday, and try to find whatever is left over from the War of the Moons. Maybe capture stray demons if I see them."

The warden thought briefly before she continued with her ideas. "Well, if you're not into that dish, there's always fresh fish, cream pies, meat pies, roasted meat of various kinds served with sauces... And chocolate cake for dessert. I am more into stuffed vegetables myself, so I'll go for that, along with a glass of wine for a change" she explained further, but didn't call for a waiter just yet; she waited for Seruxis to decide first.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 pm

Seruxis listened to the list of foods she offered before closing the menu, "I'll go with the meat pie. Not a very big vegetable kind of person myself although it sounds good," and he frowned slightly at the wine idea, "Water for me. ALcohol doesn't go well with my low tolerance of the stuff," What he didn't need was his warden to have the impression of him as some sort of crazy drunk burned into her mind. Better to stay well and somber while here and to tell the truth, he barely if ever touched alochol.

"The surface?" he sat back a bit slightly conteplative, "Never really crossed my mind to go topside and see what is about but then I never really thought I would end up in Val'Raveran either." He looked over at Kyori and raised an eyebrow, "You ready to order?"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:24 pm

"Whatever. You should try that dish someday. It's lovely beyond belief" Kyori countered, looking and sounding serious, though her words revealed she had a more light-hearted, funny side as well somewhere down there, underneath all her distrust of others. She then made a discreet but obvious gesture for a waiter to come and take their order. A drowussu male not older than 80, but very proficient in what he was doing.

"Stuffed vegetables and a meat pie please, the usual varieties" she smiled at him. "As well as a glass of white wine, and some water for the templar here... Bring some garlic bread as well, instead of standard one" she added, finishing the variety of dishes they would enjoy today. As the waiter left, she turned towards Seruxis and leaned over, as if she was about to tell him a big, important secret.

"Their garlic bread is adorable" she said. "Garlic and some cheese and all... Served warm, on a round pie. You'll love it" she nodded. She then reorganised her stuff, putting her small postman-styled back away from her shoulders and next to her on the couch, and cracked her knuckles. "That being said... I wonder what still exists up there. There might even be old golems, which the goblins mistake for statues or something. A pity I am so busy."
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:07 pm

"probably. Humans have a habit on not always being aware of their surrondings," Seruxis said idly, "But our duty here would come first but who knows? We might be assigned to a crusade to the surface by the clan one day."

At her description of the food, his stomach decided to complain a bit wishing the food was here now. It wanted to get something that didn't probably sit like a rock in his gut for the whole day. "Sounds good. It has been a while since I've had something with flavor to eat." The fare you got in caravan was either a rock called food or a pile of mush that looked like the mount barfed it up.

"So now that we are settled in, what exactly should we share about ourselves to get to know each other a little better? I just request we stay away from past wardens and templars," he said idly. He wasn't quite willing to talk about Elysia again to anyone expecially someone he had just met.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 pm

"Humans can be silly like that, but do not forget that they are soulless. If things function with regards to having a soul in order for them to work, it is only logical that a human won't be able to use it" Kyori countered. "Just like a tiktikki. It can be smart and learn tricks but it will never get to use something like a mana-infused gemstone. It will always be a dumb, soulless animal. That's what goblins are for you" she added and frowned.

Kyori didn't fancy goblins and especially orcs, but humans were no exception to the rule. Her encounters with them in her early life were catastrophic, and even though she had lost memory of those events, she still remembered her dislike towards them. She just couldn't explain it, not in words, or even in thoughts for that matter. She knew it was there, but simply couldn't tell why was it there in the first place.

The sound of Seruxis' stomach interrupted her thoughts, however. She smiled at him ironically. "Don't worry, the food won't be late" she explained. "Did you arrive just now, or have you spent some time in Raveran?" she then asked him. It had been a long time since she last travelled to Chel (or from Chel for that matter) and although she probably should pay a quick visit to her family someday, she still wasn't used to caravans any more.

She nodded to his house rule. "There's no chance I am bringing up the subject of past templars in the first place" she frowned stubbornly, and ended that discussion there. "So" she then said, "let's start from the basics. Mana masteries and affinities, weapons of choice, fighting style and education with your favoured weapons... these sort of things. I'll let you go first" she explained, and leaned back with expectations.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:26 am

A slight frown came to his face at hte talk about humans. Maybe it was just from his family having a hunble human slave to help in the dress shop and being used to the akward goblin race. Whatever the reason, he decided to keep such opinions to himself and write it off as something not to bring up again. Opinions of race weren't something to fight over that was for sure.

Seruxis turned his attention to what she had rerquested. The waiter came around with the drinks then, putting them gently in fornt of the two as well as a steaming basket of bread sticks as requested by Kyori. He then bowed and left the two to their discussion. Seruxis lifted his glass taking a slow sip of the cooling water and cleared his throat before speaking.

"I did just get here and first priority was to report to my warden before anything besides I don't know the city and could've been the dead idiot newcomer," he took another sip of the water before continueing

"As far as mana goes I got the basic templar knowledge concerning sealing and whatnot but what affinity I have, shadow I believe, was untrained for the most part. Just a few basic catnips," he began, the water taking a bit of the edge of his voice, "As far as martial training I favor a two handed broadsword," he lightly reached back touching the pommel of the sword, "I prefer a more aggressive style but if need be I can take a more defensive style if that is what the situation calls for. I'm no greenhorn with using my blade,"

He lowered his hand from the pommel of his sword, The weapon had caused him three years worth of savings but it was worth it. The blade had never let him down in combat. "I've trained with this style of blade since my early training. When it comes to unarmed it really depends on how my temper is at the time" the corner of his mouth quarked up in a slight smile at the comment.

"And how about yourself? I would like to know since you'll be watching my back in combat. I don't want to end up with a second scar in my throat,"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:51 am

Kyori did not like this sudden frown she got. Was it bad to dislike a soulless beast? For whatever her reasons might be. Sharess have mercy, this lot that inhabited Raveran was oddly persistent when it came to goblins. She was used to free goblinoids in the streets, but if you tried to tell her and like them, chances were that you would be getting an inquisition in your house sometime soon. And although that was an exaggeration, her dislike certainly wasn't.

She discarded the thoughts, however. It had stuff to do with her old life, the one before her amnesia, most of about which she had no clue whatsoever. It was not just a memory failure; it was the complete absence of it from her body and mind alike. Although she carried her scars with pride and could not name all of them, what happened back then and why did she get certain scars, she was completely and utterly clueless about.

As soon as her garlic bread order came, she shamelessly groped a piece of it and began eating it. She was behaving like a noble; elegantly, with manners, and a little cockiness here and there. She let a moan of satisfaction as she felt the combination of hot bread, cheese and garlic fill her mouth with its sheer awesome. "You should really try this" she suggested. "Not as good as the one I will make at home sometimes, but well worth its ada."

Kyori Umrae'yirr adopted a passive, listener's role as Seruxis answered her questions, before finally nodding at him. "Adequate coverage of my necessities" she commended him, "but we will need to work on that sorcery of yours. I do not want you to go all Waes-on-slaves on me by accident someday" she said seriously as she finished her piece of bread and grabbed a second.

"Myself, I am skilled with generic warden knowledge and have a developed blood affinity. I prefer the yatagan as my blade of choice, although I can use most similar weapons without any retraining... And though I prefer flinging spells to fighting in melee, I know how to do both. Although my armour is not exactly designed to run around in it as if you are some cheery goblin kiddo who was commended by her master" she explained herself.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:41 am

Seruxis hid his shock when she said they would be making better bread then this. The flavor was amazing not to mention absolutely a slap in the face to someone who had been eating nothing but what could be considered commoner fares for his entire life. "You'll have to show me then. From what I am told my cooking can be used as a lethal weapon," he said with a slight quark of a smile.

He kept as good as manners as he knew how to being only a merchant's son, not particularly without them but probabably not as well as Kyori was brought up with. Seruxis did eat slower, taking small bits and throughly chewing them. The old throat wound sometimes made large unchewed bites go down slowly and form a hard lump all the way down. He wanted to enjoy this food, not carry it around like a dead weight.

After finishing his first portion of bread, he took a second slice listening to Kyori and how she participated in battle situations, "I don't expect you to be running about too much," he said lightly, "If so then I'm not doing my duty to protect you but it is good to know that you can handle yourself well in melee." He took a slow thoughtful bite of the bed, slighting musing on past experiences with wardens and comparing them to what Kyori had told him.

She was undoubtable more suited and more talented then his....previous warden but as soon as his thoughts trailed to her he shook his head. It was best not to think of such things. He sat back slightly cracking his back slightly to keep it from tensing up while he sat here.
Celice
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive