Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Thalar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Originally a hub for drowussu pilgrims, this smaller version of the Kyorl'solenurn fortress has grown into a proper settlement, as some drowussu took up missions to convert other races to their faith. This in turn has caused Inlulk'lar to become somewhat of a multiracial settlement, although it pales in comparison with Raveran in that aspect.

Like it's Chel'el'sussoloth counterpart, Inlulk'lar is sectioned off from the city of Raveran. While not as impressive, as large, or as impregnable as its contemporary, Inlulk'lar still carries the same functions: A large crude gate guarded by two templars, bleached stone walls too high to see over, and tight security.

Inlulk'lar is a small town in its own right, with busy streets where the common drowussu outnumber the nobles, and where anyone who worships Sharess is welcome, to a certain extent. The compound is dominated by the Light of Inlulk'lar temple, a modest stalagmite temple decorated with the Kyorl'solenurn holy eye. The building - which has no door, just an open standing lounge - serves both as temple and as residence for those Kyorl'solenurn stationed there. There are also living quarters for visiting clan members. Commoners have their permanent residences in the buildings of the aptly named Residential Area.
Despite being sectioned, the compound does not cover a very large area, so Inlulk'lar has a rather tight knit community, albeit one which has recently seen many loved ones lost.

The permanent residents were the hardest hit during the demonic attack, and the survivors are the ones camped day and night outside the Light of Inlulk'lar in a peaceful protest demanding Rath'alza's execution be public. The former Judicator of Inlulk'lar awaits her fate in a cell deep below the Light.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 pm

The sight finally of Inluk'lar was a sight for sore eyes that was for sure. Seruxis had lost track really of how long he had been traveling with the group of pilgrims to reach the settlement and frankly at this point he didn't really care. It was nice to see something familar almost to home.
When he had gotten the orders to head to Val'raveran to be paired up with a Warden Kyori, it was a surprise for mostly he usually kept real close to home. It was a welcoming change.

Seruxis shoulder his blade and rolled his shoulders, trying to work out somewhat the knots that had been building there after the weeks of travel. He entered the complex glancing around for someone that fit the short description he had gotten of this Warden Kyori. Whoever gave him this assignment it didn't seem was too, particular on that detail.

He scanned the frew drowussu he saw with a sharp look before with a sigh decided to just ask someone where he could find her. He approached an armored warden, with hair pulled up in a style out her face.

He cleared his throat slightly praying to Sharess he could get out a sentance before she started thinking he was going to kill her or something of the likes, "Excuse me but I am looking for a warden Kyori? I was told she was stationed here." He said, or more like growled out due to his low voice.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Today's haircut was a combination of microbraids leading to one single, large braid hanging at the back of her head. Kyori was in her typical style; a combination of gothic full plate and a long dress, largely augmented by the presence of mail within it, with some ceremonial yet protective robes concealing a good deal of her armour. She had left her helmet back at home as she effectively patrolled the streets, to kill some time.

News had arrived long ago that there would be a replacement for Tar'lyn. She didn't need a replacement for Tar'lyn! If you asked her, she would tell you she could cope with the situation by herself, for as long as it was needed, but then again, she had to follow orders too and tolerate some random idiot who would show up. Why? Because. She frowned. Most likely she'd be making his life a netherworld, so to say, if only to get rid of him.

These were the thoughts she was caught with when a templar she had never seen before caught her attention with his question. She turned to look at him with a natural face and arched her eyebrows, not enjoying his seemingly hostile tone very much. "What are you looking her for?" Kyori replied seriously, her tone sounding neutral yet not appreciative of the aggression he had shown. Was he some inquisitor? Was she considered corrupted now?
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:51 pm

"I'm the replacement that was sent to protect Warden Kyori." Seruxis responded. He cleared his throat again once again trying to clear up a bit of the growling quality in his voice, "I have official orders from the clan to be her templar."
He turned away for a minute reaching into a pouch on his belt and pulling out a letter sealed with the offcial signiture of the clan. "I was ordered to find her and give this to her," he said and offered a small bow, "So if you could tell me where I can find her it would be a great help,"

He was making an effort not to appear hostlie due to the tone of voice always giving people the wrong impression. Seruxis crossed his arms and tried to give a more relaxed expression then his usual slight scowl, "I know nothing really about her other then what they told me when they gave me this assignment" He admitted.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Kyori sighed upon hearing his response, arching her eyebrows in surprise. Sharess was mad at her today, wasn't she? She didn't know how to handle this little surprise here, however, she quickly made up a plan and, reflecting her casual distrust of effectively everyone, chose to reply in a sly manner. It would also serve to help test the new guy, and, if she was lucky, make him feel fed up and leave. If he coped with her for the upcoming two days, he could stay.

"Yes, I can be of help" she eventually nodded as naturally as she could. She crossed her arms behind her back and looked up to his height as proudly as she could. He was clearly towering her, being quarter a metre taller than her and all, but this did not prevent her from actually trying to look superior, and much more cocky too. After all, she was the girl here, right? And it did not matter what kind of drow were you, the girl was always the superior.

"Follow me" she ordered. "I'll lead you to her" she said with a smile and stepped to the side, to allow the templar to join her by her side and not actually be followed around by him. "He wasn't her templar after all," was he? She was... posing for somebody else right now. "And who is asking for Kyori, if I might ask?" she proceeded to ask, as they started walking, moving towards her quarters of the city, and her apartment.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Seruxis bowed, "Thank you," He said before stepping up beside her. At her question he turned and offered a half smile, "Templar Seruxis....the family name doesn't really matter unless you know really want to know the name of a humble dress merchant," The corner of his mouth quirked up in a slight smile, "and even then no one usually has ever heard it"

He paused for a bit before looking at his copanion, "If I may ask...what is Warden Kyori like? I've only heard a few rumors back home of her but I would rather hear it from someone who has seen her personally rather then those rumors,"

They hadn't been bad you could say, but they didn't present her in the kind of light you would think of people who had known her for such a long time. They where just rumors after all nothing to take serious. He massaged his throat slightly in a slight show of nerves before sighing and looking back straight ahead, "It is always hard to switch to a new partner. I'm really kind of nervous to meet her," He confessed.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Kyori remained cold at him, not introducing herself, but merely responding to Seruxis' introduction. "Nice to meet you, Seru... Sarux..." she tried to say, failing to pronounce the name correctly. "Nice to meet you, Templar Seru whose family name does not really matter" she eventually replied, shrugging off the attempt to pronounce the name correctly. Did she have to show off weaknesses so badly? It disappointed her she couldn't speak properly.

The two of them walked briefly, and calmly admittedly, at least until the question about herself came. "Kyori?" she asked rhetorically, thinking about her response. Rumours? This rang some bells, but she didn't quite want to remember what exactly, and certainly, it was nothing good. "Well, each to her own I guess" she eventually replied. "I am biased, so I shouldn't judge her. What rumours are aired about her in Chel, however?"

It would be interesting to see how many rumours, and of what kind, were circulating back in Chel'el'sussoloth about her, after all. That might even help Kyori remember something about her past, details of which she still did not know, her amnesia rooted well within her mind. Most likely things about her and Tar'lyn, something that she might have done during the Vloz'ress coup here in Raveran, or stuff like that... But who knew? She had to hear first.

When Seru brought up his past, she arched her eyebrows and listened to him with keen interest. So he had to change a warden too? Sometimes, templars could be somewhat freelance, but clearly, he was not a freelancer. "It will take time to get used to Kyori, and Kyori to get used to you" the warden admitted loudly, and shook her head. "What was your latest warden like? Just trying to see how much of a change you're facing, that's all..."
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:08 am

He quarked a smile at her attempt to pronounce his name. His mother was probably the only one who ever came close...probably why she even chose the name. The reaction to the question about his warden was totally the opposite. Seruxis's eyes narrowed into a cold glare focused straight ahead. The ghost of smile was replaced by a near grmmace. Hundreds of words came to mind as to what to say about his last warden, about Elysia....

"She isn't of any concern," He said coldly finally not taking the time to hid the cotempt in his voice. For a momment he continued to scowl angrily before shaking his head and changing the topic to the rumors.

"Most rumors concern how...fanatic she is...the rest was hazy half baked ideas in my opinion. Rumors are nothing really to take seriously." he said, "Meeting someone face to face is the best way to judge a person's overall character. Warden Kyori however sounds steadfast in her duties to the goddess." He gave a slight quark of smile almost in silent approval of this fact.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 pm

The templar avoided talking about his past warden, much to the female's surprise. "Scratching open wounds, aren't I?" she thought, choosing not to respond to that, but merely shrug. If need be, she could use this overt hostility to her advantage, especially if she ever wanted to make the male be extremely annoyed at her. But she was not one to go personal so easily, so she would most likely avoid such a course of action.

"I know what you mean" Kyori eventually said with a quirky smile drawn by her lips. "But it is ironic. A clan of fanatics, accusing each other of being more fanatic than themselves instead of actually focusing on the foe. This is why we had a fiasco here, and the Vloz'ress caused so much harm. We had to be awakened by being thrown water, since we could not wake up by ourselves in time" she responded, shutting her eyes as she talked.

It was, perhaps, a great truth. And perhaps she was one of those sleeping fools before the incident, having succumbed to her feelings towards her templar in such a degree that she had neglected her duties and, well, allowed the clan and the city to take considerable losses to the demonbreeds before it could be reclaimed. A repeating of the Nidraa'chal War had only narrowly been avoided, if at all, and who knew what still lurked trapped deep in the Vloz'ress mines...

"Ah well" the warden concluded. "All I know is that this city is now prohibiting the tainted, although, in effect, it largely means that the native clans are to be of concern. The Qin'dalasque hate our guts and the Vir'reska are not too fond of our policy towards the tainted, it seems, but at least they are not fond of each other's guts either" she eventually concluded. "Welcome to Val'Raveran. Forget the Sharen, and join the Illhar'dro dance."
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:41 pm

He looked at her for a minute, "Sometimes the goddess must place things in our path to keep us to our duty," Seruxis responded turning his gaze back to the front, "I heard of the attack faintly. Not a lot of news trickles down to everyone and most of what you hear is someone spreading a whild rumor,"

He looked back at her a slight smile on his face, "and when hasn't clan outright liked us? The slight hostilities will not be a problem. We must do what we can to keep them safe from themselves and their pursuits that go against what sharess has taught us,"

Seruxis went quite then, more of a comfortable silence then anything. This warden, whoever she was, was indeed a very big help to finding who would come to be his warden. It was rare that he actually tursted someone after just meeting them but to him, she seemed trustworthy and honest. Again he turned to look at her, "If I may ask...what is your name? You seem like an honesty soul and someone I can trust partially until I become accustomed to the area,"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:31 pm

"We must focus on our duties, and not on whining about each other, fuelling old rivalries and jealousy" Kyori replied with pride. "It is sad when Sharess has to guide us, because it means we have lost our path. Thankfully, not in the same way as the demonbreed." She continued leading their way towards her apartment, though, by the look of her pace, she was by no means in a hurry. Quite the opposite.

The fact was than the twelve-decade-old warden was taking a liking on this discussion. She was getting to know the apparently offensive new templar she had been given, as well as either grow accustomed of him, or get to find out how could she get rid of him. True, she was being selfish here, but in the end, she cared more about how effective she would be than obeying orders. There was a sensitive and thin line she had to avoid crossing, however.

The warden stopped, however, still deep in the Inlulk'lar market section, when she was asked about her name. She took a moment to reply, as if she was thinking how to respond, or trying to comprehend this person's thought process. "Should you really be commending a warden who might not be the one you are looking for?" she eventually replied. "Kyori Umrae'yirr Kyorl'solenurn, thank you for your words" she eventually replied, and frowned.

He just had to ruin it, right? Oh, she would show him, she would definitely show him.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Seruxis blinked. What she had just said was slowly beginning to sink into his skull. "So all this time you KNEW I was looking for you and decided to play a game with me?" He said evenly his temper flickering a bit under the calm facade he was giving her. Honesty? Trustworthy? Was he a bad judge of character.

"I am following orders warden Kyori. I don't pick my warden as much as they are assigned." He said handing her the letter, "This explains everthing to you,"

So maybe he was being a bit cold now towards her but he really didn't like mind games like that. Plus the look she was giving him now wasn't the most reassuring look he had ever seen.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Kyori nodded blankly to answer to Seruxis' question. "It is your fault for trying to ask random directions instead of reporting to superiors first" she replied coldly, looking up towards him in a highly defiant manner that, if it was paired with their colossal height difference, it could be considered as a comical scene. "I could have been anyone else, and, trust me, there are many stuck-up bitches here, especially after the war."

She took the letter she was offered and looked at it very briefly before making it disappear underneath the half-robes that concealed her armoured dress. "I am fully aware of what you're doing, Templar Seru-somebody" Kyori replied, mostly imitating his voice's angry tone. She paused, looking at him for a select few seconds as she considered her options. "Looks like you're my new partner, so, better get used to each other, shan't we?"

It was an offer of peace, or, more accurately, a ceasefire for their little skirmish. And to think she had almost started to like him a few moments ago! Kyori felt stupid. "An angry person has to have an angry soul" she thought. She did not know whether Seruxis was being so cold deliberately or instinctively, but despite his angry tone he seemed like a nice person a few minutes ago. Was she a bad judge of character, after all?
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:16 pm

"I don't know who the superiors are. I didn't know who you are and I don't know the layout. I just got here," He said with a slight scowl, "and it is pronounced Seruxis not templar Seru'somebody"
He scowled again already feeling the start of a probably a not so beutiful friendship between him and his new warden.

Why did Sharess do this to him? He hadn't done anything wrong had he? Seruxis let out a sigh,"I guess we should TRY at least...." He said stiffly. He had so misjudged this one that was for sure.

"So now what?" He asked crossing his arms. "Now that the introductions are over"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:25 pm

"Ah well" Kyori merely replied to her templar's complaint that he had no other option in the first place. She arched her eyebrows and looked at him. "Alright, Seru-something" she countered. It was more than obvious it would take a while to get used to his name, right? And there was no chance she would call him just 'Seru,' considering that she was rather solid about such matters. She almost never called Tar'lyn 'Tar' either, and she was almost never 'Kyo' to him. Her name was 'Kyori.'

"If it is the Goddess' will that we will be fine together, then we will be fine together" Kyori replied to his statement. She did not quite appreciate his stiff, constantly angered tone at all. "In any case these are not subjects to be discussed outside privacy" she then scolded him, always looking up at him in such a pride manner that made her feel that she was much taller than this sword-wielding oversized gnome.

She offered her hand to be taken, when she saw him crossing his arms. If he did not like her, she'd be sticking to him like a fly stuck to the tongue of a tiktikki. "Now, we are heading for some warm tea and lunch. I refuse to cooperate with somebody about whom I know nothing, other than mispronounce his name. So we'll get to know each other" she said, looking into his eyes with her 'don't you dare to defy me' look.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive