Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm

((Blaaaagh. I should have posted last night, sorry))

Serra'tae clanked down the street to Garrus's bench. His armor was somewhat irritating, due to his lack of utilization of said heavy armor.

"You know, I may have miscalculated," he said as he sat next to Garrus. "This armor is flexible, but I am only now realizing that I haven't been practicing my swordsmanship in heavy armor."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:02 pm

"Holy hell, look at you all dressed up fancy." Garrus said as he looked up and down at Serra'taes armor. "Had I known your going to try to out shine, I would have dressed better. "

"Haven't been practicing swordsman ship in your armor huh. Well then, I guess we better change that." He clasped him on the shoulder. "Come on, the Ladies are probably taking their time, trying on everything before they arrive, so we have lots of time to get you up to speed." He Motioning for Tae to follow.

Finding a suitable area, Garrus almost felt like jumping the young templar before they even started, he must have been bored. "Ready when you are." He said as he clanged his sword and shield together.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Serra'tae sighed. "I suppose I'm about to feel the folly of my actions, aren't I?" he said, clicking open the lock on his sheath before springing forward in a wide, arcing slash in a reverse grip.

The three foot long grip of his staff-sword's hilt have him unprecedented reach as he whirled, cape fluttering behind him and glittering from the nearby lights. In his usual medium-light armor, Serra'tae would have used this fairly obvious and easily blocked or avoided attack as an opportunity to slide underneath his opponent's guard and punch him in the armpit. However, given his increased mass, Serra'tae planned to let the swing hit home with maximum momentum, before leaning forward and, placing both hands on the grip, thrusting toward Garrus.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Serra'taes two handed sword swung, causing Garrus to step to the side and slap the sword with his own, causing it to vier course. When the sword thrust, he quickly hopped to the side, then pushed forward with his shield into Tae trying to cause him to become unbalanced or at best knock him down.

"Yes you are." Garrus he mocked him as knocked helmets with Taes. He didn't head butt too hard but enough to try to get a rile out of Tae.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Fortunately, Serra'tae's usual style of combat required good balance and footwork, so, the shove didn't so much as unbalance him as make him step back. The head butt was rather disorienting, but he compensated by seizing Garrus's shield and using it to steady himself.

"Well, I'll try my best not to be TOO disappointing," he said, before stepping back and pulling, pivoting as he did so, to force Garrus's push to suddenly meet empty air. Serra'tae flipped his sword to an upright position and swung it in a crushing overhead blow at Garrus's now ((hopefully, if he falls ^^; )) unprotected back.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Garrus went with the flow as Serra'Tae tossed him to the side. Raising his shield, he blocked Taes oncoming sword with a clanged, making his arm a little numb from the impact.

'Now Tae was going to get it' Garrus thought to himself as he grinned under his helmet and trust his sword into Taes face. He kept the pressure on Tae, not giving him the advantage of reach he had over him or another chance to toss him; if he could help it.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 am

Serra'tae dearly wished he wasn't wearing armor at this particular moment in time. Oh, the joys of a forward somersault, culminating in a reverse slash that would hamstring his opponent! Instead, he opted to dodge sideways, then grab Garrus' sword with his mail and plate covered fingers, brace at it's center and tip, then push down and away. This would either snap it (unlikely, given Drow metallurgy) or do the intended thing of tearing the sword out of Garrus' grasp. Simultaneously, he aimed a low sidekick at Garrus' knee. Presumably, one or the other would do some trick.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:44 am

The moment Tae grabbed his sword and pushed it away, it left him with a dangerous opening, to which Garrus was going exploit here and now. With one hand away and holding his sword, the two handed sword would be too heavy to be any real use for him. So Garrus smashed poor Tae in the face with his shied/fist.

Pressing forward with the assault something clip his leg. Had he not hit Tae when he did, that would have probably knocked him down. Dropping his sword, he went straight for the cape and used it to his advantage help him wrestle Tae to the ground.

Garrus fought to stay on top and acted like he smashed Tae in the neck several times. "Your done kid." Garrus said barely panting "I would have broke your neck, had I really hit you." He said as he got up and offered a hand to him.

Garrus was impressed with Tae's fight prowis, he didn't think he had this much spunk in him.

(Some minor changes to how a worded things.)
Last edited by django on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:41 pm

"Damn," said Serra'tae, grinning anyway and pulling himself upright. "I guess I should probably focus more on using my momentum. I'm wearing more armor than you are, so if I had charged you I'd have been able to shove you over. Maybe." Serra'tae sheathed his weapon with a flourish. Garrus knew what he was doing though, and knew it well. Even without his armor and with his usual agility, Serra'tae didn't think he could do much more than extend the inevitable. "You're good, Garrus, something I assume comes from experience."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:17 pm

"Maybe, but you will have to find out another time." Garrus said as he helped Serra'tae get back on his feet. Bending down to pick up his sword, Garrus thoughts went back to Aiva'hl. Did he act too hastily when he kissed her? And if he did would she ask to get another Templar?

"Keep it up and in time you'll be good as me. But you should lose the cape, you don't want people grabbing it and using it to toss you around."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:05 am

"It seems like I should go for the intimidation factor this time, though," Serra'tae said, pulling off his helmet to wipe his face with the edge of said cape. "It'd be best to do this mission with a minimum of blood shed, right?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:14 pm

[[Entering Thread]]

Walking out of the stairway to the main part of Inlulk'lar under her new disguise while wearing the blindfold, Tai'ka felt a little awkward to be walking around in someone else's clothes. Although as she got used to doing so, she witnessed and even felt that people just generally walking about their business didn't really notice her. Which helped Tai'ka to get used to it a little quicker than she thought she could.

She then noticed a pair of templars dueling in practice, their aura's shifting about as they moved their body's. She smiled and realized it was the same pair of aura's she had been talking with earlier in Searra'tae's apartment as Tai'ka made her way over to the practicing pair.

The Inquisitor was curious to know if they would immediately recognize her without her black clothes or spikes on. Her hair was still a deep blue with the pink tips, but even that was put into a different design than what she would normally use. Making sure her blindfold was still covering most of her face, she inquired to the two.

"Good day Templars. May I watch you practice?"

Far be it from normal did a Inquisitor simply stop to watch a pair of knights of Sharess to practice given how busy Inquisitors can rumored to be. Tai'ka managed to change the tone in her voice slightly but wondered if Garrus or Serrae'tae would figure it out who had begun to speak to them as she looked quite different than her normal garb as she was dressed in some grey and whites.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Serra'tae did a double take, then tripped over the bench and fell over. He briefly considered curling up behind said bench in humiliation, but decided that this would probably not help his initial impression upon the Inquisitor. He pulled himself up and bowed deeply.

"The Goddess be with you, Lady Inquisitor," he intoned. "We were just finishing up, actually. If my partner is willing, I would be delighted to spar in your presence."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 pm

"Hahah, Sharess kid, I think you had enough sparing for one day... You ok? Haha" He didn't like seeing Tae getting hurt but at that moment didn't stop laughing a little at Tae misfortune. "Ahhh. It wasn't that funny... but your timing is impeccable (chuckle)."

Garrus turned his attention to the warden in front of him. "Lady Tai'ka, is that you?" he asked as he looked at her from head to toe. "Had you walked passed me, I would have not noticed but your cute little nose gave you away." He gave Tai'ka's nose a very light tickle with his finger. Garrus was trying to see if the same tatics he used on Aiva would work on Tai'ka and get her to blush.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Reva » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Aiva'ihl came down running down the alley. She didn't want to make the group wait and time was of importance in their little mission. She slowed down as she closed in, trying to look natural as she approached Garrus by the back.

The explanation of the delay was very simple. Not only was covered in her old black armor, she had run to a little shop near her home and to her surprise she had still found her last disguise: a "Waes'soloth-style" black wig that covered half her face. One way, coming back from a patrol she had spotted the shop which worked with hair extensions among other things, probably sustained by wardens that end up burning their own hair.

Seriously, why did they use so much fire without protecting the hair?

The warden spotted her templar trying to tease Tai'ka. She didn't think it would work for a second, but the gal of that guy! She cleaned her throat to call his attention, wondering if he would recognize her too. To be honest there wasn't much of her face showing to help his case and she made sure she was sporting her "no-nonsense scary heretic killer" face either way.
Reva
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive