Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Bamawing » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:46 am

((rofl!!))

"Smack... my...WHAT?" Her face registered shock and the glee of a challenge. She didn't know whether to be amused or offended. But one thing was certain, anyway.

It. Was. On.

"I hope you're not too distracted by the thought of those grilled bugs, Blade boy." She spun to face him head on, fist on hip. She was grinning without fully realizing it. "I'd rather spar than eat when I'm hungry, and I'm not even all that hungry." Her other hand went to pointing. "You, me, right now, full armor. First strike or blood buys lunch. If you think your bladder can handle it?"

Ress in a dress! With a mind in the gutter like that, no wonder he'd been through tons of wardens! Oh, good job, Tia, think stuff like that around the empath. Oh well, probably nothing he hasn't heard before.

((Ress is "Sharess," in case that wasn't obvious... I'm thinking a drow version of "jeez Louise."))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:10 am

'Oh great, now you did.' Garrus thought to himself. To say the least he was not expecting a reaction like that. 'Well, what did I honestly expect Garrus? Sometimes I wish I've kept my mouth shut and be a good templar... well, less childish.'

"Blade boy! Well my lady *Sheath*... or should I say, the one that wields that blade. Its on." He said with a big grin, as he closed his visor and his other hand snapped up and grabbed her breast, "Honk." he chuckled. Granted he was grabbing her armor and not her breast, but was still going piss her off and earn him a serious beat down. If Chi, precede to lay a smack down on Garrus, the most he would do to her, is curl up in an armored ball.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 pm

((I hadn't thought of them as wearing armor. Eh, I can roll with this.))

Sheath? Really? Her mother attracted a chocolate addict once that was dirty minded like this. He didn't last long. She wondered, briefly, how many wardens he had gone through.

"Honk!" She hasn't expected the hand to reach up. Now she was offended. And well trained. And filled with adrenaline from the promise of battle. She didn't even realize what she was going to do before she gave a well-placed hook kick to behind Garrus' knees, combined with slamming her elbows down on his shoulders. At best Garrus should sink into a kneeling position. At the worst he could go sprawling.

"Do NOT do that again," she said simply and sternly. It was a command. She offered him a hand up, her expression softening. "If we're going to work together, we need to respect each other," she said, quoting her brother. How many times had he reminded her? "I'm sorry if I crossed a line with my teasing."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Garrus looked up at Chi and realized he took things a little too far. She took her hand and stood up, lifting his visor so that she can see his face clearly. "And I am also sorry Cha'tia. I took that joke too far with you." He said softly while his hands held hers, while looking into her eyes. "I promise not to disrespect you like that again, please give me another chance. *I can show you, how good of a partner I can be."

"If you would like, I can give you a proper spar. No groping or fooling around." he gave her a small smile.

(Edit, *I can show, how good)
Last edited by django on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:43 am

Whew!

From his behavior thus far, she wasn't sure what to expect. But she was definitely relieved that he accepted her hand up and apologized. He also went back into "formal mode." Interesting.

She risked a smile back. "All right. I'm interested to see this."

She stepped back and drew her blade. It was the standard hand-and-a-half Kyorl warden weapon, with her Moon's Eye symbol engraved on the blade near the hilt. She held it casually in one hand. Most observers would think she was standing, waiting for Garrus to arm himself. Her warden's robes hid her muscles, tightening and easing, her balance subtly shifting from one foot to the other. As soon as he drew his weapon, she would be ready.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 am

"Clean spar?" Garrus said as he stepped back, he trusted her that he didn't have to say what the rules are to a spar were. He closed his visor and drew his blade. The sword has a spiked hilt meant for punching any fool who thought about getting too close.

He thought at about showing her how 'sword and board' works at first but since she didn't ware a *helmet, he didn't want to knock her in the head without proper protection.

Garrus stepped to the side and started to circle her slowly. His sword jabbed and thrust, testing her defenses while he kept his distance.

*Correct me if I'm wrong. Never seen a Warden with one in the comic.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm

((Nope, no helmet, just a thick skull. I finished inking a picture of her, and I'll get it colored and posted... eventually. 8P ))

"Clean spar?" He asked. She nodded. One corner of her mouth rose in a smirky smile. She couldn't help it - fighting was what she lived for. Her eyes had the same excited gleam as they did when Garrus first challenged her.

She had expected a charge, but instead he was circling, jabbing, testing. She parried the first few blows easily. Still, he was no novice. Sharess, he was fast! Impressive! Still no use of that shield, though. Was it for defense? She jerked back as his sword went two inches to the left of where she expected. She had to parry with her gauntlet. Nearly had her there. 'Tia, concentrate.

I know his offensive now. Time to do what I do best.

Cha'tia paid no attention to her facial expression, so she didn't notice that she was grinning like a lunatic. She was concentrating on fake left, stab right. Fake up, stab down. Slash upwards from the last position. Look for an opening. If she could get those juicy ribs unguarded, one solid kick could end this.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 pm

(Sweet, cant wait to see her.)

Chi fought like a wild cat as she came at him, he had to work to keep up with her quick strikes. Her fake strikes were hard to decipher from the real ones and he had to admit one of those blocks were a lucky guess.

He was beginning to worry about Chi's sanity as she went on the offensive. Her eyes seemed to be set a flame and her smile seemed to climb up to her ears. This is going to be an interesting partner ship.

Garrus's gut was telling him this was going to be a close one. So he waited for her to fake him again and use it as an opening to strike and put her back on the defensive, and try to get a clean hit on her and end this.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:21 am

((Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. My weekend was crazy busy... but very good. :) And yes, you have her fighting facial expression to a t!))

Block... block... double-block... good! His speed served him well when it came to deflecting blows. He was reading her well, too. There was a possibility she could get him to block upwards and then side kick his chest, but chances were good he would spot it and parry. She could try something else to get him off his guard... no.

It was a tricky maneuver, but why not? Her sword length was an advantage, too. Let's see how well he holds on.

She thrust her blade around his and jerked - hard. ((She's trying to disarm him.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

She wasn't making it easy but he had Chi on her heels, he just knew it. So he grew bolder in his strikes and went on the offensive. His black steel clashed against her blade one more time, and an opening was giving. Chi found the moment she was looking for and took it.

Garrus's sword fell from his hands and clatter on the ground. He knew when was beaten and stopped in his tracks, "Well played." he congratulated her while showed her his hands, "Your pretty handy with a sword. It's good to know how well my partner does in a fight, so I don't have to worry my pretty little head about your safety all the time. My lady Warden" he ended with a humble bow.

It so nice to say 'my lady warden' again and not bring any hurt feelings to his new partner. It makes him feel welcome.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Tia smiled and gave a reciprocal bow. "You're not bad yourself. Very fast. Better than my last templar, even." Poor 'Nir. He was never meant to be a warrior. He faked it well for years, though.

"So lunch, then, my trusted Blade? And tell me more about Raveran. From the way you spar, there must be some action in this little town, after all." She was in a good mood.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

After picking up his sword and putting it back in it sheath, Garrus turned back to his warden with a wide smile "Lunch it is then. I guess I owe it to you now.".

"I'm better then your last huh." Garrus said with a bit of a blush as he took his side beside her as they walked. "I hope he's a decent fighter at least. I'd hate to out shine your former partner if my only achivement was lasting a few exrta seconds." He with a self mocking tone.

(Shall we head to the white lion? viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11805&p=699801#p699801)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive