Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Re: Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Postby Kail'odian » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:18 am

"I wasn't going to say because I only just met you and figured otherwise, although since its just the two of us... " The black-clad woman started, giving a passing glare for a moment to a couple of Drow who took a moment to look at her and Aiva passing through as the two onlookers were sizing up another servant wares store, this one Duergar. As they walked on through the winding pathways, Tai'ka continued. "Yes he did. For a specific reason too, although not one for immediate concern Warden. But most certainly it was a surprise to me because I thought you would know because of how close you two are as I saw from the earlier casualness."

While she did not specifically say what *it* was she was talking about, Tai'ka hoped Aiva could figure out what she meant. "I can feel every manner of emotion because of my upbringing, training, and experiences. For work and duty, I usually deal with the negativity and such of upholding our duty. What I felt from your Templar when I spoke about that truth, I am most certain he was trying his damnedest to contain the heat forming in his face."

Turning her head toward her partner in patrol for the time being, she gave a contemplative look, one which was Tai'ka temporarily thinking of the future for this Warden-Templar pair again. "From my professional opinion, something I said made him dangerously close to blushing red in his face. Perhaps he likes you more than he lets on?"
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby django » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:57 pm

The Nathan going through some serious withdraws, He shouldn't be talking like that about his daughter.

Garrus didn't know what to say. He wanted to say everything's going to be alright and we'll find your daughter but he couldn't bring himself to say it. "Nathan shes your child, she should be able pick her own life. Not have some Olath steal it away."

"Its a good start but you better cover up Nathan, I dont want your daughter giving you away. Or they'll charge us more ada for her." Garrus said as moved the store front infront of the two buildings.

It was a slave shop. A few board looking Gaurds were posted here and there, nothing usual. Most of the slaves were chained together along the wall, while other more exotic and more expensive slaves where kept in cages.

The guards took a keen interest in Garrus and Serra'tae, it wasn't common for Templars to be seen buying slaves. "Welcome to my store." A finely dressed woman greeted the pair. "Forgive my guards, it is unusual for fully armed Kyorl warriors to be here."

"You have nothing to worry, my lady. My friend and I are here on a shopping. I'm looking for a gift for a mate, Do you have any young female halmes?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kail'odian » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 pm

[[Bump]]
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:49 pm

((I should probably post then? Garrus, Nathan, where are you?!))

Serra'tae looked around. The store was a tactically... bad place to be. To put it lightly. Of course, the slaver probably didn't know it, but the layout made it very difficult for an attacking force to enter and retreat. The cages in the back were sided with stone ((assuming that stone is incredibly cheap)) and could probably stand up to a blast or two, making it far too easy for a guard to sneak back and launch mana bolts with impunity. The main "trading floor" was open and devoid of cover, probably to make a good impression on clients. The slaves were chained to the wall on the left hand side, with a few exotic specimens bared for all to see on the right, making it easy to accidentally slice someone's head off. The Guards stood in front of the slaves, ready to catch any that tried to escape, but also flanking any enemy in the center of the floor. Added to the door guards and the slaver's personal body guard, it was essentially untenable to conduct any combat without the shit hitting the dragon's face.

"Shit," Serra'tae muttered under his breath, inaudible to all but Nathan and Garrus. "Garrus, you better not get us into a fight...."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:10 pm

(I thought this place was dead after nobody posted here in so long. So I moved Garrus to a new thread but Im not too far in it that I cant pull out. How do you guys feel on starting fresh on a new thread? and say we saved Nathens daughter and regrouped later in the day.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 am

(Entertaining. How about a change, though:

We find Nathan's daughter in the pens in the back. Apparently, she has (Insert Absurd Talent Here) and the slaver's trying to sell her to a Sul who'll pay the ada. Attempts to negotiate fail, and we meet back at (Insert Character Here)'s temporary lodgings to form a plan, be it through legitimate or illegitimate means.)

(Note that Serra'tae would prefer some sort of elaborate plan that did not involve combat. Please note his rather unusually liberal philosophy on stabbing heathen tainted in the chest.)

(And by "liberal" I mean "pacifistic".)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Improbable odds » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:16 am

((Now here I though this thread might not ever get moving again! Nice to see you back mate. Anyway, I would prefer if the issue of Nathan's daughter weren't so easily solved in such a 'relatively' short amount of time. After all it's one of his major motivational plot points and shouldn't be so easily solved as "Oh hey we walked into the exact store she is currently held in and here she is, lets go home and party". However DeadPidgeonGolem sort of hit my plan somewhat on the head. though some details are different than what I had planned in my head.

Once I get off of work tonight I'll make a post to try and advance things along, and if you all have no problem we can play it by ear from there. Sorry if this has been slow for ya'll, I take the blame for the delay and the tie up of your characters.))
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:32 pm

(Should we move to a new thread then? I can open up "Serra'tae's Apartment" for our planning session. Serra can probably "requisition" the blueprints as well, being an Administrative Lackey does have its perks.)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 am

[[To be honest I was waiting on Reva to post for her and my character's section; so the thread hadn't died, only stalled. ^^;

That said, it could be assumed i guess they all met up again, and having found that lead/the shop where the girl is located, they do the planning in the next scene/Act.]]
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 am

[I'm so sorry, Kail'odian, I really didn't know where to go next in this scene and kind of forgot about it after a while :L]
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:42 am

(If everyone comes back I'll bring back Garrus. With that said, now we wont know if Aival likes Garrus.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Reva » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:29 am

[Muahaha, I'll let the suspense kill you all }:3 ]
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 am

Damn, well only time will tell.

DeadPigeonGolem has topic open viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15675&p=675888#p675888

Off screen we regrouped and met at Serra'taes place.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:29 am

(Wooo! I opened a live thread again! Whatever happened to that mushroom expedition, btw?)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 am

Dumah shook his head, sighing. It seemed that his fellow brethen were as two-faced as they used to be. Tired of wandering around with little to do, he scratched his head as he headed towards the compound. Apparently, the Raveran situation was settling itself, and he didn't want to reenter the Holy Lances just yet. Maybe in the demon nest' of Chel there was someone in need of him.

((Heading out of Raveran and into Chel)).
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive