Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Re: Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Postby django » Sun May 01, 2011 5:04 am

Garrus felt like he was stuck between a hurricane and a tornado with the laides. He didn't know who this guy was but he had a lot of nerve to come over here and tell him how to do his job.

He was planning to stay quite as the Aiva'hl and Tai'ka took care of him. He did ask the 'ladies' after all, so let him have them he guessed. It was then he heard something, like metal scraping against spider silk... He turned his head around and almost threw a punch into Serra'tae face. "Sharess kid, what are you doing." he hissed quietly at him, seeing him with his sword and the ready look on his face, he had an idea on what he was thinking on. "Come on kid-" he put a hand on Tae's sword "-Put it away before this gets out of hand. Theres no need for that."

He understood he meant well but he had to defuse this quickly.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun May 01, 2011 5:11 am

django wrote:Garrus felt like he was stuck between a hurricane and a tornado with the laides. He didn't know who this guy was but he had a lot of nerve to come over here and tell him how to do his job.

He was planning to stay quite as the Aiva'hl and Tai'ka took care of him. He did ask the 'ladies' after all, so let him have them he guessed. It was then he heard something, like metal scraping against spider silk... He turned his head around and almost threw a punch into Serra'tae face. "Sharess kid, what are you doing." he hissed quietly at him, seeing him with his sword and the ready look on his face, he had an idea on what he was thinking on. "Come on kid-" he put a hand on Tae's sword "-Put it away before this gets out of hand. Theres no need for that."

He understood he meant well but he had to defuse this quickly.

"Sir, with all due respect," whispered Serra'tae, "I believe it has already gone out of hand. I am willing to bet my next pay check that Dumah reacts violently against Nathan." Nevertheless, Serra'tae slid his sword back into its scabbard, but kept it unlocked just in case. Some of those templar fanatics were very... fanatical. Extremely so.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pariel » Sun May 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Dumah watched the rethorical artillery shells being dropped on him. Yet, to no avail, it didn't move him much more. The righteousness of the Inquisitor was expected, although he had sworn they were on a patrol. It was of little importance, for he had more things to discuss with these lot.

The halmes spouted some stuff, too, although he mostly ignored his words. What did he know about the implications? It was a confused beast who had confessed searching an offspring, and would love to say anything that would draw him closer to his daughter.

He patently awaited, throwing in a cynical loud laughter for good measure when the man's words ended. He had indeed reasons to call them back, and he was going to do it. He had lost too many people in the past when he didn't say what he had to, no matter how stingy was.

"It is better to be bold than to regret not saying things afterwards, Inquisitor." Dumah said, staring at her face. Inquisitors were scary, even for teammates, but he had seen worse things. He recalled each time that disgrace happened in his mind, reasoning that if she were to dwell in his mind, he'd make the trip as unpleasant as possible. "My name is Dumah, of no family, former Holy Lance, slayer of a corrupted Warden and killer of tainted children, pending assigment. I apologize for my mistake of assuming you were on a patrol, but it is what someone will say unless they stop and talk with you. Ando most people will keep that misjudgement in your hearts until they reach their very homes." He said it, a strong hint of cynism in his words.

He then paused, remembering that damned time when he had to kill his own warden. "Believe me, Inquisitor, when I say that I know the road to damnation is paved with good intentions."

He cast a side glance at the sword drawn of the younger templar.

"Our clan is currently holding on a precarious position in this city, and these odd antics can muck things further up. Specially considering the fact, if I recall out of my mind correctly, that there's a clan that has slave trade as business. Which could be, or could be not conflicting with your little naive help. Allow me to feel no sympathy for the halmes, but we've got worse things to worry about."

He then paused. "Wisen up? Perhaps I might . But eating apples is a tastier way to use away my free time." He then turned his back on the lot and begun walking on his own, pausing for the briefest moment.

"If you wish to help the halmes still and do not heed my words, you're going to need to blend in. And a lot of Kyorls in those garbs is going to stick out rather. The dirty business appears only when the light doesn't shine. So, divide your numbers, find a drowolath to help you, whatever. Perhaps a single of you under disguise might work. I do not reccomend approaching the Vir'reska in these guises, also."
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kail'odian » Tue May 03, 2011 3:15 am

The truth was not the problem it seemed. Dumah was cynical and brutally honest in his opinion, that much Tai'ka could certainly grasp from his stubborn demeanor and way of thinking.

"Why have good intentions? Are there not enough bad ones?" She asked as she turned from Dumah as he was turning away from him. "Precarious I think not. At least not in the pessimistic view you seem to think our clan may be in, Templar." Calling Dumah by his name was not something Tai'ka thought he deserved, knowing from her empathy that he was well past the point of heavy pessimism and that anything they said to try and change his mind would fall on deaf ears.

The irritated and more serious looking Inquisitor which was a result of the conversation turned back to the group of faces whom were at least friendlier in her opinion. "Only in an observational point of view is he right. Ninety-nine percent of people would think any Kyorl would be on patrol.. although that is not what bothers me." She said in a reduced voice level as she felt Dumah's presence leaving to which she welcomed. "I understand we might not get as far as hoped with our affiliations being shown however.. who are these Vir'reska he spoke of? Even the Sarghress keep the peace between us and their clan; does this Vir'reska not also?"

Asking that question would have been a sure sign she was not from Val'Raveran originally; if Dumah was still in earshot that was.

[[I know personally what the Vir'reska are like, because I made them for Val'Raveran. ;) My Inquisitor doesn't though. ^^]]
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Tue May 03, 2011 4:44 am

(( It's okay, DT names often just ask for mispelling XD ))

Aiva was genuinely inspired by the Inquisitor's initial display. Some empaths, she knew that well, turned into insanity or became too silent to display that kind of confidence, and a commanding presence was something the warden admired. So far her disposition towards Tai'ka was the neutral good she usually had towards any clan member (the blabbering templar was an exception), but now she was certain that encounter must have been a gentle push from Sharess. Coming to Val'Raveran had been giving good fruits on the last days.

She almost reacted to Serra'tae turing a bit more agressive than necessary, but thankfully that problem was averted by Garrus in time. The newcomer wasn't satified yet, though, and for a moment she almost considered if the kid was right and the guy just needed a gaunlet to the nose. At last, he decided to leave.

- The Vir'reska... Vir'reska are mostly known as hunters, very reserved. They are not actively against our presence in Raveran like the Qin'dalasque, I believe, but they didn't exactly appreciate the complete purge the city went through since we had to search among their members. I don't think the clan will turn to heresy though, the Vloz'ress attack must have been a big blow.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue May 03, 2011 8:15 am

"Thanks kid." Garrus smiled at Serratae, despite his feelings about the situation. Garrus watched the self proclaimed warden and baby killer walk away from the group. That man must had some horrible things happen to him, he was glad he wasn't that bitter.

Turning back to the ladies in time to hear the ladies talk about the Vir'reska. "I was born and raised in Raven. So I guess I be more familiar with the local politics, then the rest of you Chileans. They use to like Taints until the Volzz attack a month ago and now they hate them."

Garrus then shrugged "They don't really care about us like most other 'pure' neutral clans go. So as long as we behave our selves like normal people, I don't see a need to go in our plain cloths to do some simple slave shopping." He then hugged his warden from behind.

"Aren't you glad I'm such a pain in the ass rather then a mopey wet blanket." He then raised his voice so the other could hear him clearly "Aiva, you ever tell Tai'ka that one time on the surface we shared a tent and you held me under a blanket and farted." Leave it to Garrus to try and brighten the mood for the group.
Last edited by django on Tue May 03, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Serra'tae was somewhat disappointed that he wasn't able to beat the asshole around a little. While he preferred to avoid conflict, he preferred to end it when it started as quickly and violently as was conceivably possible. Many a bully had found out that attacking the "softy" resulted in said softy becoming a violent dragon of sorts. Regardless, he laughed loudly when Garrus related the farting incident.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Improbable odds » Wed May 04, 2011 4:44 am

In the background Nathan kept silent and to himself, he had spoken his mind and got the answer he expected in return. That of course being nothing at all, he had been ignored. It wasn't the first time it had happened and he was sure it wouldn't be the last either, but it didn't bother him. He simply let out a sigh of relief as the strange newcomer came and went, leaving behind him a wake of confusion concerning his advice and how to proceed. Now truthfully this wasn't Nathan's area of expertise either, far from it really, as he was not only a newcomer to Raveran but also to the entire business of clans. In fact if one were to ask him he would probably have only been able to name three major clans and not even understand the concept of a minor one, such was how limited his interactions were on the surface. So in the meantime Nathan hung around in the back and let the others speak and plan, after all they knew better than he how to get things done around here.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Kail'odian » Fri May 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Tai'ka listened to Aival's answer with interest, as it would be an interesting exchange if there was a clan in the city which might have been involved with whom they might have been looking for. When Garrus chipped in, it helped even more to which the Inquisitor nodded to them both, still in a somewhat serious mode after their encounter with Damuh.

However, like most in their group Tai'ka was taken completely off-guard with Garrus' remark about their surface adventures together and for a moment, Tai'ka was speechless.

Until she started smirking and covered her mouth with her hand trying not to burst out laughing like Serra'tae had done, trying her best to keep her laughter down. It wasn't easy because she knew for a fact what he said was true and that was why she could not help but keep from smirking while stiffling her laughter.

"Hehehe, if we were not on a task, I'd ask you to give a rightfully and equal comment back to him Warden. :D "
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Fri May 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Said warden's face went crimson. It was taking way to long for him to say something stupid, she knew it. Garrus had a talent to break any mood, but said talent included making his wardens want to stuck their faces on the ground and keep it there. Or stuck his face on the ground and keep it there, it depended. With Aiva it was more of the later.

Damn it to Hel and all its inhabitants, even Tai'ka was laughing now! She forced a smile into her face:

- Oh, reminiscences? Why don't we remember that one time where you said uncalled for lies? I think my reaction was something along this... - With that comment the gaulet-clad hand jumped to grab the templar's ear.

- Good times, weren't they, Garrus? - She said, shaking the man slightly as if to make him agree.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri May 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Garrus giggled with an evil grin as Aival blushed and everybody else laughed. "And what reaction was tha..." Garrus's smile disappeared and was replaced with the look of 'Oh shit!' as he saw the look in her face. His eyes widened as her hand snatched his ear. "Eeep." Her chain mail fingers took hold, almost threatening to tear it off (or at least it felt like it to him), "Ow ow! Ok, perhaps I over exaggerated a bit."

He grunted and hissed between his teeth as he tried to keep with up with the shaking. Shit shes pissed, better do something to make amends quick or she'll take my ear as a trophy. "Yes mam, just an uncalled for lie. Im -Ow- sorry I lied -Ow- I'll buy you lunch to make it up to you -Ow- and dinner, because -ow- I wouldn't want to upset my warden and not show her I care."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon May 09, 2011 2:13 am

Serra'tae calmed down.

"So, what now? I have little experience in this sort of thing," he said, fidgeting slightly. That wasn't entirely true, but his job had always been backup, and he truthfully hadn't had the experience necessary to lead a patrol.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Improbable odds » Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 pm

A voice would arise from the back of the group as Nathan stepped up from his position in the background. He had a certain look of confidence about him, accentuated by him clasping down a hand on Serra'tae's shoulder as he passed his way into the middle of the group.

"You know my friend, if any of us had any experience in this type of affair I would lose confidence in the world we live in. That being said, however, I believe now the only option we have is to split apart out ranks here and get walkin'! I'll leave that group details to your commander, it isn't my place to try and decide who goes where and when in regards to ya'll." he smiled as he shifted he weight to lean on his left leg, the bow he had his hands wrapped around strained slightly as the weight from his upper body shifted sides.

"And I feel I must thank you all for the way you acted earlier with that man. You had no obligation to defend what you were doing to help me and yet you did, that's more than I can say most men I've ever met would have done for me." he paused for a brief second, startled as he realized just who he was talking to. "And women too, of course!"
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Kail'odian » Sat May 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Tai'ka stepped forward to be nearer to the Warden and her templar with not a laugh or smirk, a grin as the joke ended in Garrus' ear pull torture. She leaned in a little with a smaller voice to Garrus but also loud enough for Aival to hear. "Don't apologize for lying Templar, apologize for saying the truth. ;)" Spoke the Inquisitor, who then patted the Warden's shoulder in a -don't worry about it- type of gesture. "I've seen and worked with templar-warden pairings who were not as bonded as you two because they never laughed or played off one or the other like you two do. What I also sense is a good professional and personal future for both." Tai'ka said with a honest smile now instead of the grin.

The Inquisitor turned to the voice of the halme and nodded in agreement with him as he talked about the situation they chose to endeavor upon. Tai'ka gave Nathan a quick chuckle then nodded to him. "You are right, we should get searching through this market soon."

She turned back to the Warden and her Templar for the moment. "Is there any particular group combination you wish to have as we search?"
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Thu May 19, 2011 9:48 am

Tai'ka's comment about a certain supposed "truth" made her raise an eyebrown but she shrugged it off, the inquisitor had the same right to joke at times as they did afterall. Her approval was reassuring though, it was a bit hard not to be worried about not making a fool out of oneself when her templar was around at times.

- I'm glad you believe it so, lady Tai'ka. - Aiva'ihl let the tension on her expression slip away and returned the smile.

The warden took a moment thinking their situation over, mentally slapping herself for losing focus with the arrival of the rude clan member.

- Unusual as it may sound, I think it's best if Garrus and I split up, since we both know our way around this market through our patrols. I also believe it could be a good experience for you, Serra'tae, if you went with him, but it's only a suggestion.

Serra'tae was hardly a child anymore, that was obvious, but his lack of experience and confidence still showed to the trained eye. Knowing Garrus's relative ease to deal with younger drow and that they were talking just before she arrived, it'd be better for him to speak up his troubles with an older templar.
Reva
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive