Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Re: Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Postby Eltharrion » Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Ca'rel waited patiently for the lady to eat her food before really saying anything at all. Instead, he concentrated on his pots and pans, turning everything over one more time to make sure nothing got burned or dried up. Then, after making sure everything would work out, he stretched his arms up and let out a bit of a moan as he felt all the places in his back and shoulders starting to move again. It was really tiring to sit and cook for long periods, and it usually caused his muscles to stiff up hardly.

"Mmm-nhyah... Well, truth to be told, even with great business on food market I'm still bit low on money. So, I gotta do some odd jobs here and there, ranging from transporting stuff to making something else out here other than food... And on other matter, even if my cart and food both ARE the best on this side of district, I'm not gonna hang here for the rest of my life. Just can't sit down and stick to one place, as our old boss used to say.

But still, most of my work is this, making food for hungry and those in a hurry. Though today, I'd say instead I'm making it for an interesting person who seems to have a lot of time on her hands to stop by like this. Not that I complain, you kinda remind me of old times... Hah, I'm starting to talk like some old man in his corner of the world. But still, having associates, friends and who-knows-what around the place is usually a good thing. You never know when ya need a person to listen to your rambling like this."

While talking, Car'rel was already digging trough his bags to check for those spider legs. He had decided that this person needed some quality stuff, and thus decided to make completely new portion instead of using the old one on the pan. Not like it was bad, but fresher food was always tastier than old. Now, where did he put that tiktikki steak...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 pm

After having polished off the last of her food Rilla'me sat and listened to Ca'rel. She'd heard similar stories from several other merchants and as usual it struck her how strange it was how many of them worked for each other as well as manning their own stands. Of course they didn't work for those in direct competition, that would just be downright idiotic but even so. It took so much time for her to take care of her own business that working odd jobs for others was unthinkable.

"Well I wouldn't say I have a great deal of time on my hands. I'm mainly here because I'm testing my helper, I want to see how well she does managing the store while I'm gone." She frowned, a little concerned about that. "I hope she does well, and more to the point doesn't steal everything while I'm gone." His words had dragged her thoughts away from the food and relaxed conversation they'd been having and turned them back to her work. "I have a lot of paperwork that needs doing and I was planning on meeting a few business-partners later. I'm really wasting time sitting here and I'm not even sure why. You sure you don't have some kind of empathic pull going on?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 am

Car'rel just threw her a wide-open smile while cutting the tiktikki meat into nice large cubes and throwing them on the hot pan with some oil. It would take a bit of time to make this stew, but it seemed she wasn't going to leave just yet.

"Heh, it's only thing called 'open mind'. Things like being happy, listening to customers, talking them back and being friendly with them- ah, you seem to still have a bit of it on your cheek-" Car'rel pulled out a small rag and handed it toward Rilla to wipe her face "-but still, no worries, I never got any of that empath stuff in my head, never even tried. I think there was one of them I knew some years ago, however, and placed some ever-lasting effect on my head. Who ever knows? Could have been that she was just way too attractive and could get anyone to do stuff with that aspect by just asking really nicely. You ever thought of trying that way of working things? Could actually go well with that face."

Car'rel started to nearly laugh while adding some spice and the dough-covered spider legs on the pan. Not long until the strong smell of cooking meat and spices rose up from among the dozen other smells there was in the cart. While mixing and stirring it up, he pulled out a waterskin and took a long gulp of the mushroom ale loaded in it. Then he placed it out on the cart's front as a note that his customer could freely take a gulp or two too.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm

"Ah, did I get it all?" she asked him having wiped her face with the offered cloth. "I wouldn't be worried if you were one, I've dealt with a few empaths before, gone to a few Sul parties. They were quite... Interesting." The times she spent there still made her blush. With the time she'd been introduced to the wonders of chocolate without realising being the one that made her want to hide her face and sink through the floor when it was brought up.

Oh so he thought she was good-looking did he? Did he mean it or was he just buttering up a customer, well either way it was always nice to be complimented. "Flatterer. I'm nothing so special." She told him with a smile, clearly pleased. Recognising the offer when he placed the waterskin she took a sip and stiffened slightly at the taste of alcohol. She'd been rather lax with her no drinking rule lately but she'd been determined to take it up again. The memories of what drink had done to her sister still upset her. Ah well at least it wasn't wine. She pushed the thought away and focussed on something else instead. Watching him cook. It was certainly interesting enough, if she had known what more than half of the ingredients he was using were, she was sure she would have learned a lot.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 am

"No no, I'm not flattering anyone, I'm simply stating the obvious here. Besides, anyone who gets to Sul parties HAS to be rather attractive one like you."

Car'rel made a small smile to end of, maybe a bit of reaction to possibilities Sul parties could have caused. It's not like he had been in one, but he had heard some rumors and gossip talk. And usually they all mentioned something about chocolate or similar stuff.
He had to concentrate on his cooking under Rilla's watching eye too, however, and thus started to flip around some of the meat on the pan. Then he took up one of the pieces, cut a slice from it and put it in his mouth. The meat was clearly a bit rare-cooked from the middle, but Car'rel chewed it with pleasuring face. The he cut up a second slice, placed it on a fork and extended it toward Rilla.

"Since you seem to have some interest on the cooking of mine, would like to tell me what ya think? It'd be better to tell in this part than when I've finished your portion, dear lady."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm

He seemed to be sincere about the compliment, as far as she could tell, and the part about Sul parties held more than a grain of truth. "I must admit I've never seen anyone..." she couldn't quite find the right word for it, plain, or unattractive weren't exactly accurate, not everyone who was there was beautiful they just seemed to be in a strange sort of way. "boring in appearance at a Sul party but I'm not sure that that isn't due to the atmosphere they create."

She bit the meat off the fork as he held it out to her chewed and swallowed, then grinned at him. A teasing look was on her face, one might say it was flirtatious, it reached her voice. "I have to say, you do learn a lot at those Sul parties." Well this wasn't like her, not unless she had gorged herself on chocolate. Clearly the good food and his company was cheering her up. She was too busy and stressed out due to her work, she should relax a little. "I could take you along with me at some point if you'd like. It's quite an experience. As to this meat of yours though this tastes fine I personally prefer mine cooked through."

She sighed as she went back to watching his hands moving pans, adding something or other, she had no idea what. Then after an idle moment watching him she looked up, into his eyes and spoke wistfully "You know it's a little frustrating? I wish I could cook half as well as you can, if I could I might have an idea of what you're doing."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 am

"Ah, good to hear ya like it. Let me just cook it up a bit more..."

Car'rel mixed up the pan as he normally would, making sure meat got cooked up evenly and at the same time avoiding the burning of spider legs. Normally cooks would add these two at different times, but this way you could make sure both got equal flavors on them.
Then he actually realized what his customer had said, and nearly tipped the pan over. Took him quite the effort to save all the food on it with wide scoop.

"Wa-wa-wait what? You'd take me along? To a party some say only the nobles can enter at? But I'm just a normal poor street vendor commoner while you are, well... That kind of beauty even Vals'd be jealous of."

Car'rel nodded a bit toward her, eyes traveling from head to toe as to clearly put weight on his words. At the same time he was clearly blushing, and it wasn't due to heat of the pans at all. His head was going bit in circles, not sure what to say next or even where to look, and thus his eyes were traveling from Rilla's eyes to his pans and to far ends of the street.
Is she basicly asking me out here? Oh come on, like that'd ever happen...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 am

It was a long trek home on muddy roads leading back to the under world leading back to Raven. Gaul thought he had to have the group stay up top for the winter, but the weather got warm and there was enough of a thaw for the group to travel back to Raven.

Gaul was riding his horse Black Pot back to the Kyorl'solenurn compound. Unlike the roads in the under world, the roads in the city were even to ride a horse without the risk of breaking a leg. He like this horse, it served him well on the surface. Perhaps if the chance rises again he'll take its off springs for another journey to the surface.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive