Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Re: Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Postby Pariel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 pm

((django, She's under a velkyn disguise. Cannot be identified as Qin easily))
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Sy'rasri » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Sik shared a smile with Sarghress, he was cute and she knew it never hurt to flirt with cute ones. Still, her flirtations didn't distract her from the newcomer, in flashy clothes such as her's it was hard not to notice her. Yet, it wasn't just that, Sik'sani considered as she coyly her meal on a stick as she said, "Well, I suppose the Feral news is more an explanation than a tale. Though I am a bit worried about the suppose rumors of Halmes taking elven prisoners. I haven't heard anything of it...Why, in Sharess's name, would they take us as captive?"

She glanced up then, tapping her half finished food on a stick, against her hand.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby django » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:56 am

He took a few tender bite out of the hot food; trying not to scald himself. It was good, he'll have to remember this place if hes in the area again. "It is strange, I haven't been top side in a while." Its never a good thing when they get bold. Humans lack the fighting prowess of any drow of worth, they make up in numbers.

"I'm Trinita Sarghress." He looked down at the emblem and grinned, knowing full well it was obvious who's clan he was from. "Who might you be?" he asked the little fox.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Sy'rasri » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Sik'sani offered a warm smile as she said, "Sik'sani Qin'dalasque, Sani to friends, and if I am ever curious enough to wonder up to the surface I will have to enlist your protection."

"Though now I am now curious about one thing," she said pushing off the post she was leaning on. Straightening, she looked up at the must taller Sarghress, sometimes it hurt her ego to be so small. Containing the sigh, she continued, "Since you haven't been on top for awhile, how can you be sure your sources aren't just pulling your leg. It is possible that your just saying this to make me all a flutter and ask you to walk me home."

Not that she would, since she lived over her parent's shop, she was a sucker for saving money. Still, the news about those noisy halmes up top, was somewhat good. Along with the explanation on the Feral slave explosion that appeared to be happening in the Slaver's Den. All in all though, it was rather small news that could be carried about anywhere.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Postby Pariel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:24 pm

"Well, you know what they say about foxes, my lord and lady" said Neyla, a small smile creeping in her face as she rummaged for a couple of coins to pay the merchant for her food. "Best to not gamble with then, lest they rob you blind." She added, chewing the hot potato carefully to not get burned.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby django » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Sik'san... He'll have to remember that name. "I think my sources are pretty reliable. It may not be as elaborate and as expansive as the Qin'dalasque web of information may be." he stopped to take another bite of food and give a small glance at the other lady talking to them.

Trinita did take that into account. Sik'san was probably just milking him for information and challenging his sources in an effort to try and provoke him into telling her how much his sources knew.

"All I've told you was news from the surface, what makes you think a wolf like me would consider walking you home." He grinned, trying to hide the redness from his face. "Wouldn't Sik'san perfer having a drink at the White Lion?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sy'rasri » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 pm

For only the briefest second, Sik's eye's shot over to the strangely quiet flashy costumer whose words were, only a touch unsettling. Milking people for information was a careful business, not that she thought she had handled this one well. She was still a kit, compared to all the full grown foxes out there. Still the words were enough to set her on edge as she noted the shift of the Vendor, apparently checking to make sure he still possessed all his coins. Holding back a sigh of frustration she mentally she calmed herself. For when her eyes settled back on the male she found that the strangers words seemed to have been lost, or at least seemed to be lost on the big Sarghress. Smiling, she said, "Oh, but I love wolves. Especially ones that are brave enough to walk me walk home."

"But, I think I can settle for a trip to the White Lion and I'm always a fan of drinks. Especially when they are free," she continued, dropping her now empty stick on the ground. Taking the remains of her mean, she pulled her bag around and stuffed it in with care, so as not to get it smashed. Then she closed her bag back up and glanced up at the Big Sarghress. Smiling a coy smile, she indicated that he should take the lead.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:45 am

((Okay, trying to re-start bazaar now, as I really REALLY feel it's only place that my character can be in at point. If nobody joins up, then we see again somewhere else hopefully...))

A really nice corner spot on one of the larger side streets of bazaar. Car'rel was just lucky man today for getting such a good spot at start of day for his cart. Business was good, streets nearly busting with people, and of course nobody seemed to have eaten anything yet in their hurry.

Car'rel had set his cart full of stuff: all heatstones in use, with boiling pots and pans on heavy heat, and rest of the space loaded with groceries he had bought earlier. The sound of sizzling meat and boiling soup was nearly overwhelming next to cart, and steady steam of multiple dishes rose up high above the halls. The smell was also nearly as strong as the sound, with both spicy and mild sweet smells lingering all around the cart as wordless invitation to try some of the products. All the time Car'rel himself sat in his cart and turned around with all the food, mixing and rolling it around. It seemed surreal how he could move so freely in his cart full of boiling-hot pans and large bags of groceries.

"Come on, come one, come all. Come big, come small! The finest hot food on this side of cavern, coming right up! We got it all: from local mushroom soup that even your dear grand chefs could be proud of and spider leg recipes from Chel, to more exotic meat products of the surface with their local spices! Can't promise you to know what all the meat is, but I promise that it will be the best you've ever tasted! If you buy the whole menu at once, your friend gets a free soup! Step right up, it will be only few ada for such wonderful food!"

Face nearly shining in his speech, Car'rel waved people to come closer so they could taste everything, and same time waved the smells off toward the larger bulks of people walking around. His lizards were sleeping in front of the cart, and cloth was rolled over the back of the cart so only way in was trough the front side. At the same time, however, careful onlooker could have seen the small crossbow loaded and ready among the boiling food pots.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:52 am

Taking a break for an early dinner had been a good idea, the new helper she'd hired was terrible at his job and she was glad to get away from training him. She was fairly well known in this particular area, having often stood behind a table selling her mana-plants and assorted items on a corner nearby. She nodded and waved at several old partners as she passed. Sniffing the air as she was walking Rilla'me found her nose leading her to a cart where the sizzling meat and soup aroma's set her mouth watering.

"A Mushroom soup and one of those please," she pointed at some spicy meat with a red sauce thing in a small dish. "Interesting method, telling people you don't know what you're selling them. Personally I'd make something up." She combed back her green hair and grinned at him.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:15 am

Car'rel bowed as in understanding the lady's order. Then, in fluid motion, he pulled the meat off the pan, flipped it to the cutting board and swiftly cut it into nice mouthful pieces so that meat's own juices poured out a bit and even enhanced the aroma, topped it on a bread crud and with other hand poured some of the thick syrup-like red sauce over them.
The whole process lasted only few moments in all of its blur of movement.

As he was already handing the meat over, his other hand grabbed a simple clay cup on his lap and poured some soup from the big pot to it. It was creamy, more filling kind of soup and had nice grey and brown color to it, as you would expect form a mushroom product.

"Ah, dear lady, but you must understand: the real secret is in the secrecy itself. If I go and make something up, I have to stay with that story. But with this, every new piece is an adventure for the customer. Surely you can't deny that the exotic lure of unknown doesn't call for you?
Oh, and the soup is for half the price for being my first extremely charming customer today. You sure I can't interest you in some snacks too? You could make your friend from the street happy with extra bowl. And please, stay for a while, at least until you've eaten the soup. I'd run out of business if I'd have to resupply my dishes after each day."

Car'rel's lips turned into a calm, slight smile when he worked and spoke at the same time to this lady, and then he nearly laughed on the small joke he made at the end.

"Ah, and while you're at it, I recommend to watch out for the sauce: It's a topside recipe, and I tell you, it's rather hot for local taste."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:06 pm

This man had clearly been in the business a long time, Rilla'me had no doubt that he took pride in his skill and so he should. She took the bowl of soup and then the meat-dish with a grateful smile. "Ah, appealing to a sense of adventure then... Now how am I supposed to pay you even half with both my hands full?" She joked holding the food up and pulling a funny face.

She held the bowl of mushroom soup to her lips and tipped it up. The soup was gorgeous, wonderful, delicious. "Mmmm, You bet I'll have another of these. It tastes as good as it smells, no it tastes better." She sat herself down nearby on an empty upturned crate. "As for a friend, have some yourself then sir, anyone who cooks as well as this is my friend for life. As for running out of bowls I know the feeling" She shook her head and laughed, "I'm always running out of flowerpots."

She finished the soup and dipped a finger in the sauce. A familiar flavour, so spicy it would set most eyes watering just by looking at it. Rilla'me just smiled; she'd been right to choose this. It was a sauce that reminded her of the good times, back when her mother was alive. It didn't matter what meat you served when the sauce burnt your tongue so badly you couldn't even taste it. "Oh now don't you worry about me. This sauce is one of the only things on here I recognised. Mother called it the Water-screamer." She finished her food with obvious delight. "Now what would you advise I try next?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:39 pm

"Oh? That's a rare, I thought local people don't really know anything even close to it. Really, I don't even want to start counting the people who started smoking after eating it. Myself got the recipe for it by chance when me and my teacher passed near topside entrance back when I was in big business. Your mother was from somewhere else, perhaps?"

While talking, Car'rel nodded and laughed slightly on the jokes as the lady told them. It was nice to have customers like this in a while, ones who actually told you what they thought. Then he dropped one of side plates of the cart outwards, creating a bit more floor space in front of him and placing few small colored stones on it in neat piles. It was simple way of keeping track of person's eating and how much they owned. Plus, it was easier to do as it needed only one hand. At the same time his other hand was already going trough the bags, pulled out some lakeweed and placed it on his board. Then he rolled it into a big flat piece, placed some salt, herbs and cheese on it, rolled it up and threw into the pan. Almost immediately a nice thin sweet-flavored smell rose up from the cart.

"Well, if you're gonna eat that sauce without even flinching and get some more, I recommend this special dish of mine here. Like to call it 'pacifier'. Trust me, it clears out your mouth and flavors back to start point so you can enjoy even more food and it's natural taste. Plus, it helps digestion a lot. After that, there might be some more soup here, and I could always invite you to try flamed tiktikki-spider mix. That is, if your mouth can take the hot food."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm

"From Chel. Not that you'd find it there any more than you do here. My mother had connections from when she was an illhar. She made a point of keeping in touch with the trader who supplied the spices. They were old friends." Rilla'me shrugged as though it was irrelevant. It was now, her mother was dead and she'd had no contact with the trader since then. "I've not tasted it in a long time, but it's as good as I remember."
She recognised the method of keeping count, though she could only guess at which coloured stone meant what amount. Each trader had their own preferred way of doing things. Of course if she put the effort in she could figure it out quickly enough, keeping track of how much she owed was second nature to her. She'd been cheated out of her money too many times when she was little.

"The pacifier, interesting name. Well I'll be happy if it works. The one downside of spicy food is the inability to taste anything afterwards. If it does work I don't suppose you'd give me the recipe." Her eyes twinkled at him knowing and accepting that it was highly unlikely, next to no chance at all, that he would tell her. She certainly wouldn't give away her own trade secrets so easily, nor did she expect him to. "If not I'll just have to come find you every time I feel inclined to burn my tongue which would be every single hot meal I have. I'm rather foolish like that."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Illhar she said? Well, not really my place to dig up anything. This kind of situation usually means something dramatic, 'specially if she had to move away from Chel...

Car'rel made a small mental shrug, lifted up the cooking food from the pan and placed it on another small bread crud. Using bread as simple plate was really nice for him, it cut out the amount of dishes and allowed him to continue cooking for longer time.
While handing out the new serving, Car'rel laughed a bit and gave away warm smile. This lady truly was an interesting customer, and he'd like to know more of her.

"Well, I can't really tell ya the recipe or you'd get me out of business by starting to make your own, but as a charming lady and fellow enjoyer of spicy food, I recommend trying some water weed and cheese. They should help ya to some degree. Just remember your good old Car'rel when ya need to get some real stuff to help with that burning feeling, whether it's from food or something else."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri May 04, 2012 8:31 pm

"Well I've heard of cheese helping but water weed's a new one. I'll be sure to try it out." She handed the bowls back to him and started on her new dish this time on a bread plate. She took a careful bite out if it and found the dish to have a lovely soothing creamy texture. With this kind of food to eat no doubt any mate of his would be a happy one. Good food did wonders for the temper. She raised a curious eyebrow towards the end of his speech. "And what, might I ask, do you mean by something else?"

She nibbled her way through the dish concerned that she might spill it over herself if she was careless. "Ah, you must do good business. I could eat this food all day. I think I might just try some more soup after this and perhaps I'll give that tikki-spider mix you mentioned a try." She was indulging herself, well no matter. Things had been busy at the store recently and she hadn't eaten much lately because of it. Was getting so caught up in her work a good or a bad thing. At least it ensured that she had food to put on the table or as was the case at the moment food to sit eating at a stall.
Which didn't make a difference if she didn't actually eat it, or have anyone to feed it to. Great now she was getting gloomy. She took a huge bite out of her plate to distract herself and ended up with a funny creamy moustache which she wiped away with the back of her hand.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive