Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Postby Thalar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 am

The marketplace, heart of the city. A whole cavern has been reserved for this purpose, a market too large for the city itself. Within the cavern the main sights are tents, shop buildings, huge storage halls with attached shops and street hawkers trying to pass off their goods on every corner. A main street leads through the cavern from the eastern to the western living district of Val'Raveran. The storage halls line this street, filled with goods that are going from the underworld to the surface, or from the surface to the underworld.
Other than this main street, which is a straight line, all other roads twist and turn, having arisen through the almost organic growth of the market - some sections of the market place can change from day to day. It is easy to get lost if one goes off the main street.

In this cavern one can find everything a drow might desire. Highlights of the available sortiment include exotic and strange goods from the surface, and exotic slaves.

Illhar'dro patrols keep the peace within this section, enforcing the strict ban on fighting in the market cavern. The only exception to the ban is if one acts in self defense, and even a common bar brawl might land one in a cell of the Illhar'dro fortress.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Val'Raveran | The Bazaar

Postby Eon Icefire » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:49 am

Treues walked into the bazaar, having recently left The White Lion to return to his boring job of...checking to make sure Illhar'dro goods are in order....Lovely...
He walked past the somewhat, temporarily un crowded Bazaar, nodding to the shop keepers who knew him. He was bumped by a dwarf walking past
"Hey! Careful. I'm late as is, and others might take offense to that!" he said, winking at the dwarf who simply grumbled and walked off...
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Thalar » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:13 pm

The market was as always bustling with activity and the offending dwarf disappeared into the crowd within moments. A human merchant, stepping down from a small wooden chair - apparently he had just finished hanging up his sign - snorted a laugh. "Gud fing dere's no faitin' cuz him dwarf gots a killah's eye, I swear it on ya," the human male offered in a highly accented version of the drow language. The sign above him read "Monrae's pet store", and the behind the male was a large cart which gave off strange smells and weird noises.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eon Icefire » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:15 am

Treues looked at the merchant, interested at the odd animal
"Strange...never seen that creature before..." he muttered to himself, before responding
"Well, He may have a killer's eye, but I'm not as weak a drow as one might perceive" he said, smiling.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Thalar » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 am

"You hasn't seen a hyooman b'fores? Hah! You quite a joker, I swear it on ya!" the human laughed as he caught Treues' muttered words.
"Ain't never seen no weak drow, tho," the man added solemnly, as if the sentence was filled with religious significance.

"So, wut can ol' Monrae do ya for, ya in'trested in animals?" the man continued, waving to the cart behind him. It was a rather large cart, obviously drawn by some kind of animal although the animal was out of sight. The cart itself was covered by some kind of weather-resistant cloth, and closed off, so one could only guess at the sources of the weird smell and the strange noises.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eon Icefire » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:16 pm

(...You changed your post! :O...There was a post about 'a big weird cat before'...thats what I was referring to! ><)
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Thalar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:52 pm

((I didn't change anything, it was always a "cart". If I had edited my post there would be an edit note at the bottom of it.))
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eon Icefire » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Thalar wrote:((I didn't change anything, it was always a "cart". If I had edited my post there would be an edit note at the bottom of it.))

(Blarg! I swear! There was cat! >< XD)
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Eon Icefire » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:19 am

Treues sighed, and then thought of something. He HAD been wanting a pet...and since his clan's animal were mostly just large mounts...and he had a Sarghress friend...he might as well ask.
"Would you happen to know who I ask in the Sarghress for a pet wolf of sorts?" he asked, walking towards the animal holder.
"I never had an interest in pets before my Sarghress friend left for an outpost..." Treues added.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Thalar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:43 pm

"I dunno," the human replied, arching an eyebrow but standing his ground as Treues approached. "Why doncha go dere'n ask 'em yerself," he suggested grumpily, eyes already scanning the crowd for prospective customers. "This ain't no help stand, iz a business."
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eon Icefire » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:30 am

Treues sighed...So much for a helpful businessman...
"Well, do you have one yourself that you could sell? Or would that be a no?" he asked, already knowing how the human would probably going to react...
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Thalar » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 pm

The human pursed his lips and tapped them thoughtfully with a grubby finger before replying. "Sarghressi wolves, no, but Monrae's got a couple domestic'd dogs from up on bright, them's good fer pets, them are. Trained, too. You's looking fer a guard dog mebbeh? Or a pet for yer speshul som'un?"
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Eon Icefire » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:22 pm

Treues thought....loved one....The only person he really knew was Rilrn....and no, he WASN'T a loved one...Treues shuddered at the thought
"No. Just a loyal pet sized....pet..." He responded.
"I've seen that wolves and dogs are quite...loyal..." he added
"So, are any of em actual wolves, or just dogs from the surface?" he finshed, rubbing his temples...He REALLY didn't wanna have to go ask the Sarghress if they had a pet sized wolf...that was young...that they'd be willing to part with, of course, with payment...But he WOULD try....if he had to...
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Thalar » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:44 pm

"Aye, dogs're loyal, long as you make them sure you's the boss. Wolfs ain't gud to train or to keep, cuz they hard to convince they's not they own boss. None of Monrae's stock's real wolfs, but we's got the next best fing. Tho' we's already sold them faitin' dogs. They no gud as pets, anyway!" the human replied, barking a short laugh at the very idea of keeping a fighting dog as a pet.

"I swear it on ya, they's mebbeh not real wolfs, but they's loyal to you if ye've bought 'em. So do ya wanna take a look?"
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Melcadrien » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:27 am

"Well, here is the marketplace. Now the problem is to find the Trader's guild branch." Elrim said once he started walking down the main road. He turned to look at the numerous stalls that are selling products from beer to clothing. 'Once I'm finished with checking in with the guild branch I'm going to browse the marketplace... after I find some lodging.' He thought to himself.

After traveling down the road for a few hours, he figured if he is going to find the building he will need to ask for questions. He turned and walked to one of the open stalls. "Excuse me, do you know where the trader's guild branch is at?" He spoke towards the merchant.
Melcadrien
Nether Seed

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive