Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby django » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:46 am

Mae was wondering what the hell is Di'onte was doing, leaving the bar and leading the goons outside alone, is he crazy!? He must have had an idea. On the bright side now they were outside and in the streets, open game sort of. Then there was a blind flash of light outside, followed by the surprise shouts of the thugs.

She grabbed her spear and carefully moved outside, she had to be careful who knows what happened. She then noticed two of the thugs were down and the rest were stumbling around blinded for the moment. This was her chance, she came up behind one of the the larger bitches and put her spear around her neck and snapped it back violently, crushing her wind pipe and strangling the life out her.

The other two were quickly coming around and took the offensive.

(Keep in mind Drowtales doesn't have a 'spell' system like a wizard would, its more like manipulating your element like on -Avatar the last air bender- for example)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 am

There were sudden flashes outside just as her food arrived. She took a quick bite then followed Mae to the door. She took a moment to size up the situation and, pulling out her daggers, stepped fully outside. She slipped around Mae and slashed the nearest one across the neck, unfortunately he'd stumbled backwards and the hit only grazed him. The blood still managed to get on her scarf though. Delightful she'd have to clean it out as soon as possible. as he grasped at his neck she followed it up with a quick stab to the belly. Dead, or he would be shortly.

"Four down, one to go." she mumbled.

She glanced around at Di'onte. There was something odd about him.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 pm

It was becoming difficult for Di'onte to maintain the illusion. his heart kept beat was ruining his concentration. he pepped his head from his hiding place and saw all but one foe down, and he was too busy with Rilla'me and Mae to search him out.

Thank the sharres his friends are made of tougher stuff than he is.

Di'onte dropped the illusion and lept at his remaining foe, putting all the manna and wind he could muster into one blast of spell-song.

Instead of the unearthly undertone of the calmer applications, this spell took the form of an ear-splitting primal roar, disrupting the aurora and chilling the blood.

The Triad remnant blocked the first few thrusts but fell unconscious from a well placed blow to the head.

Di'onte deftly crushed the skull of his unconscious foe and stood looking at his handy work.

"Thank you." he said in a flat tone, ripping his eyes from the mess at his feet. He had killed in battle before but never anything as personal as this.
"You can head in without me. I need a minute."
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

"Hope my food's still warm." Rilla'me said with a grin at them both. She was panting slightly. Her hands shook a little as she wiped the blood off her daggers and sheathed them and her eyes where a bit wider than normal. She always felt a little shocked after a fight though she tried not to show it. Di'onte wasn't looking so good, she noticed when he spoke up. She didn't much like hurting, let alone killing people. She assumed it was the same for him.

She brushed her hair out of her eyes and nodded at Mae before walking back to the door. A few people where stood just inside watching them with glittering eyes. She stepped past them trying to ignore the staring. The atmosphere inside seemed rather less friendly than when she left.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

It wasn't hard for Mae to notice that these guys dont do this very often, "Yah, no worries." Mae waited outside for the others to got inside, she might as well clean up this mess. Pulling the bodies off to the side and into the alley's, Mae searched their pockets for ada and weapons, putting the weapons inside a sack and the ada in her own pocket.

After doing so she returned to the bar and noticed the atmosphere was darker, it didn't really bother Mae much, it was expected and if it didn't happen she would be worried about this place, but the important thing is there all right.

She sat back down beside Rilla and clasped her on the shoulder but didn't say anything. She noticed Di'onte hasn't come in yet, perhaps she should check on him in a bit if he doesn't come in. "After your done, you wanna go look for your sister?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Rilla'me looked up startled at the hand on her shoulder. Realising it was just Mae she went back to her food, one arm rested on the table, loosely holding her mug of water. She had just taken a bite when the Saghress asked her a question. She chewed her food "Yeah, why not. Thanks Mae." she said staring at her plate. "She's not likely to help me though," she added, gloomily. "She doesn't even know me and she's Saghress now."

She glanced at the the door, wondering how long Di'onte was going to stay out there then turned back to Mae. "Want to know why I wanna find her?" she asked invitingly, her chin in her hand resting her elbow on the table. "It's a bit silly really, or rather absolutely horrendously ridiculous and quite possibly impossible."

She didn't really know why but she felt like talking, and the Highland Raider had offered to help her, she might as well know why she needed it in the first place.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:31 am

"You really do put on a show, don't you."

Di'onte, startled, turned and saw a light elf with flaming red hair talking to him. she was flanked by two massive bouncers.

"Oh, yeah, I do. this wasn't part of the act though. I didn't think these guys had any loyal members left. I'm Di..."

"I know your name." interrupted the light elf. "I know the name of everyone who works or preforms here. I'm Red Star and I own this place. Normally I would ban you and your friends for life for that little stunt you pulled but I will make an exception here."

"why the exception?" said Di'onte, puzzled.

"I've seen all types here. Most of your people treat spilling blood like a sport, its like they have no respect life that doesn't serve them. You, on the other hand, are out here mourning a drow who tried to kill you."

"And I take it my performance has nothing to do with it."

"Oh no," chuckled Red Star "that performance was amazing from what I hear. You will just have to cut the house in on the tips. and i will need a bit extra to make up for lost business."

One of the living mountains placed his hand out, the universal signal for hand it over. Di'onte complied, not wanted to visit the five triad members he just dealt with.

"The Black Dragons didn't die after the Sargress and Illhar'dro killed their leader. They fragmented and fled here. They will be taken care of in due time by the regulars but for now you are going to want to disappear for a while."

"Thanks for the heads up." Di'onte retrieved his daggers from the bodies and headed inside. as he approached his seat he overheard Rilla'me and Mae talking.

"I couldn't help but over hear you Rilla'me. If your going to search for your sister I would like to come with you.I need to leave town for a while anyway."

Di'onte then lowered his voice and leaned in close to the two females

"I have some standing at the Illhar'dro fortress. if we head their first i can get battle gear and supplies free."

((OOC- I guess this would move us to the Illhar'dro fortress thread for a little if you accept-/OOC))
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:03 am

"Leave town? the Illhar'dro fortress is still in Raven the last time I checked, you a little spooked that we just wiped the floor with a gang low life black dragons?" Mae then blew a little sigh at the end, "Forgive me, I forget I'm not always around other clansmen and gatta watch what I say a little better around strangers, sorry." Mae apologized, .

"I guess we could go there first. I've never been to the Illo fort in Raven before... Is it really full of sun shine and lolly pops?" She asked while leaning against the bar and picking her ear clean with her pinky.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:25 pm

"No apologies needed. i hung out with the guards a lot as a kid so I'm used to it. The Illo fort isn't filled with lolly pops but there is a lot of light. mountains of crystal were used in its construction and the whole thing gets polished constantly.We figure that since all the shargress stuff is musty, rusty, and poorly painted, we should make up for it with some style."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Distracted Rilla'me looked up at Di'onte as he came in. She fell quiet, thinking that he appeared harried. She finished her food and just listened to his and Mae's conversation with interest. Finally chiming in with "It sounds fascinating. I've seen the Illo fort in Chel, I'd be happy to see the one here up close." She licked her lips and glanced at each in turn. "Well, I'm done." She stood, picked up her pack and threw it over her shoulder with a smile. "I thought you were in a hurry Dee." She teased, wondering how he'd react. Her belly felt pleasantly full and she was back to her usual sparkly self. 'away with the nerves and tension' she thought happily.

The idea of getting a sword and perhaps some other rather necessary equipment delighted her. Though she enjoyed shopping, especially the haggling, free stuff was always welcome. Well, almost always.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:41 am

"I was. i turned out to be in a great hurry to get shaken down by the owner."

not here, not now. wear the mask, make the jokes, deal with it later.

"I can't wait to get to the fort, by some turn of luck both my parents are there. I bet mother could even teach Mae how to sing. If she felt like a challenge."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 am

"I can sing, I can sing... But only when I've had a few." Mae said a little shyly. Getting up and leading the way out the door "Are you ladies comming or what?" She waved them along to follow.

(Do you guys want to start at the Illo fort in Raven?")
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:35 am

(OOC: yep Illo fort sounds good.)

"Teaching Mae to sing? Why in the underworld would they want to try that?" Rilla asked, her eyes dancing. She followed Mae to the door. "Now me? I can sing. Listen." Rilla'me said in a singsong voice before she sang a few notes, deliberately out of tune, hoping to see the poor Illhar'dro boy wince.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Its the thought that counts...I guess

"not bad for someone who's had a few."

Di'onte began follow Mae towards the door.

"Come on Ril, lets head for the fort before the bartender realizes i haven't paid."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:49 pm

"I don't drink Dee. beer and wine corrupt the senses and destroy all sense and kindness." Rilla'me's voice took on a firm almost lecturing tone as she brushed her hair over her shoulder. Then she smirked, adding "Didn't your mother ever tell you stealing was wrong?" not that she had paid herself.
She followed the two of them out of the door. "Maybe I should sing some more?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive