Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby django » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Kin'tia...Kin'tia...Kin'tia... The name sounded familiar, pherhaps she could help Rilla'me. Then someone else sat beside Mae, an Illo. Mae then started to feel a little left out, she must have been the only one not wearing any kind of green at the table. "Uhh, nice to meet you too." Mae turned to the Male Illo, he didn't look like a rune hunter to her, so she though it was alright if he sat there. She never did like the Illo version of a highland raider. Turning back to Rilla, "That name sounds familar. I guess I could help you out and find her if you dont know where she is."

Things were quite in the bar, most people were eating rather then drinking at this time of the day, so Mae quietly remind herself not to drink too much and then her stomech grumbled, reminding her to the real reason she went. "Damn I'm hungry. Hey Barkeep I'll take a fried potato bug please."

The bartender nodded, took a note and sent a waitress towards the kitchen. Mae then turned to the Di'onte "So Di'onte, what brings you out here?" she asked for the sake of conversation.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kithrune » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Luck isn't being a Val for Di'onte tonight.

first he pisses off the bartender, then the tattooed drow looks at him like he's a hungry wolf. Theres no way hes letting her leave alone though, looking like that theirs no way shes not getting robbed.

This nights starting to feel like a wash, hopefully the tips will make up with it.

Dropping anything remotely flirtatious from his voice he turned to the raider.

"I'm look for a place to preform. This is the kind of place thats buzzing later in the day. If i can talk the management into letting play a little i'll come back. Would you and your friend like a sample?"
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:03 am

On hearing Mae's response she found herself starting to relax, a beautiful thought seemed to appear out of nowhere, she'd find her sister, tell her about mother and she could help her with - with what? she paused and shook her head slightly to shake away all the silly daydreams. Getting her hopes up was foolish. hearing Mae order food she found herself drooling slightly, and ordered some super-spicy spider legs.

When Di'onte mentioned performing, a slight smile lit up her eyes, she did love music and the Illhar'dro were famous for it. "I don't know about Mae but I certainly would." she said happily. Perhaps he wasn't so bad after all.

Suddenly she squeaked, remembering the crunching sound her pack had made when she put it down. She grabbed it and started quickly going through everything, groaning when she spotted one of her seed packets had split open.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:43 am

"Sure." Mae said with a typical Sarghress grunt and showing a little interest in anything at the moment, mostly because she was hungry and her food was coming.

Once the plate was put infront of her, Mae gorged into it like it might just slip away. Taking little care to fully chew the grilled potato bug, taking bite after bite, she cleaned her plate and practically licked it clean, leaving nothing behind. She lived a hard life at home and was bullied by her siblings, if she didn't hurry and eat she might have to fight off her sister or even brother from stealing from her plate.

She took a drink of her grog, trying not to choke on the last bits of food she stuff into her throat. "Its good." She complemented, then it was followed with a few low burps (she even muffled it), of course she ate too fast and has a bit of gas.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Going into his pack, Di'onte got out his lute and quickly checked it for damage. He could tell by the curvature of the pegs it was properly tuned. A tad scuffed but nothing a little polish wouldn't fix.

He finished his drink, got up, and began to play. slowly and simply at first but speeding up as his fingers came alive. He swam though octaves, keys, tones, but most importantly, though emotions. He didn't waste time on the standard happy, sad, mad. That was amateur stuff. He was building tension, dropping volume, and drawing in eyes and ears. The lute is just a garnish to his performance.

Then he began to sing.

The song he picked was one of righteous battle, one of the few he actively participated in. It told the tale of a Illhar'dro guard unit joining forces with a thinned but honorable highland raider squad to take down a vast criminal network in Chel. While the final stronghold was being raided a 'handsome noble wielding a strange hooked-sword' joined the fray and slew the vile godfather himself.

When he finished the bar erupted in applause and coins littered the ground around his feet.

He took a bow, scooped them up and went back to his seat next to Rilla'me and Mae with a broad grin.

"A decent haul. If i'm lucky, the management will let me keep it."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Much to her relief all the seeds in her pack had fallen into a corner and she'd been able to wrap them in a scrap of cloth and tie it up with a ribbon.

Just as she'd repacked everything her order was put down in front of her and she started nibbling at it contentedly. Then Di'onte started singing and she closed her eyes, falling into the story. She hummed along quietly without realising it, completely forgetting about her food.

When Di'onte finished she clapped her hands together and exclaimed at how good he was. "Really you're amazing, I've never heard the like! and that was a good story. Don't you think so Mae?" she cried as she picked up another spider leg.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Holy crap he was really good at music! Mae wasn't around quality of music much, most of the stuff she hears are Sarghress bar bands who are usually too drunk to play well... "Damn. That's really good Di'onte, I cant see you having trouble finding work around here." She stopped herself for a moment, balled a fist and pressed it against her mouth to cover a burp that she kepted to a minimum. Mae may be a Sarghress but she has a mild taste for table manners. "Pardon me, damn I gotta slow down before I choke or gas myself to death."

"We'll how about I buy you a drink Di'onte, call it a tip for your performance. And dont you dare say the most expensive drink in the house or I'll gut you, got it." Mae wasn't really threatening to kill him it was just typical Sarghress manners.

"Any who, what does your sister look like? she doesn't have green hair on her does she?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Rilla'me hesitated with her food halfway to her mouth and thought for a moment trying to remember what she'd been told about her sister, Finally she nodded. Repressing the urge to comment on her table manners, it might not be appreciated after all.

"Yes, I think so, I know she's really tall and has a scar across her left eye which reaches her chin. You see, I've never actually met her." she explained, putting the spider leg in her mouth and licking her fingers. She frowned, "She also has red streaks in her hair but that's pretty normal for the Saghress isn't it."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

"Well... Scars on cheeks, really tall women and a red streaks... Yah I'd hate to break it to you but thats standard issue wolf material in my clan." Mae sipped at her gorge and turned back to Rilla. "Dont worry thou I'm sure we can find your sister, that is if she hasn't left for the surface or anything but as far as Im aware theres been alot of clanmen returning to Raven for R and R."

Things quited down in the inn, but she did notice some tatoo shit bag was eyin Di'onte, something wasn't right with him...
"Hey Di'onte, Freind of yours?" she kept her voice down and nodded towards the totoo guy.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 am

Di'onte looked over and immediately recognised them.

"Remnants of the Black Dragon Triad. I bet the five of them didn't like that song. I swear, you fight in one battle and they never leave you alone."

This wasn't good. one or two of them he could take but five, no way. plus there was Rilla'me to think of.

"Mae, if we can get outside of the bar i can drop two of them at range but i can't fight three of them without my battle gear. This is all i have."

Di'onte discretely opened his vest and relieved his collapsed baton and throwing knives.

"Rilla'me, you better take this."

As he gave Rilla'me his blackjack he looked at her like they had been mates for centuries.

"If they come after you try to hit them in the head or the knees."

he then got up and turned to Mae

"I'd better finish this quickly, before they can get even more reinforcements. Mae, will you help me?"

OOC
Blackjack-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_(law_enforcement)#Blackjack
Exstendable Baton-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_(law_enforcement)#Expandable_baton
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:45 am

Rilla'me frowned as what appeared to be a very small club was pushed into her hands and Di'onte went all googly eyed. Great, just great. The condescending git! She had to admit she wasn't very strong looking but she wasn't pathetic, nor thick enough to travel without weapons.

She shoved the thing back into his hands and glared at him.

"I might not have a sword at the moment but I'm not weak, male! And besides I prefer my daggers." she snapped, discreetly pulling the sheath of her dirk into view and drawing the smaller dagger in her sleeve which she casually speared the last of her spider legs on. She was determined to at least finish her food before the trouble started.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:41 am

Rilla'me's response was a major shock to the system. Levity before battle, always good luck.

"Looks really do deceive. here i had you pegged for the fragile type.If you can take care of yourself it means i can do this the easy way."

Di'onte placed a small flask in his vest pocket. He got up slowly and walked towards the thugs with a wicked smile.

"Vels and Vals if i could have your attention. There are among you veterans of the black dragon traid wars."

the entire bar once again turned and looked, bouncers included.

"Though they fought against me U have to admit, there would be no story without such high-caliber villains! Can i have a round of applause for our tattooed friends!"

The five men were all glaring at Di'onte, quivering with rage dispite the scattered clapping.
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:35 am

Mae looked back and forth between Rilla and Di'onte. 'Shit I hope these guys know what there doing' Mae thought to herself, she wasn't afraid, hell it would take more then a couple black sun assholes to scare her, she fought a survived the Nid war and came out untainted, it would take a lot more then that to scare her.

But on the other side of thing, she didn't want to fight here. She liked this place and it looked like it wasn't the kind of place that would take kindly to people starting fights, that one the one thing she was worried about, but it seemed that Rilla had an idea.

"What the hell are you lookin at?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm

After she finished the last of her spider legs she examined her dagger blade and smiled at the thin lair of spices that covered the surface. Anyone cut by it would feel a very nasty burning sensation along with the usual pain of being stabbed or cut. she slipped the blade back into it's sheath and grinned at Mae casually. The thought of fighting that lot didn't really bother her. They were nowhere near as scary as a lot of people she'd met. She might not have been able to fight well compared to her sister, or a well trained noble, or a Saghress but she was very quick, clever and good at dodging.

"I'm still hungry, what about you? I think I might order one of those potato bugs." she spoke lightly, leaning back in her chair. She signalled and ordered it, watching Di'onte calmly.

She could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Those Black Dragon guys were glaring at them like looks could kill. She smiled at Mae and muttered "I sure hope the easy way doesn't involve US starting the fight, especially not in here. I can't say I like the place much but I don't really want to get thrown out."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 am

All was going according to plan. The goons were enraged, the crowd was on his side, and the bouncers were at full alert. On top of that he had two allies in reserve and the crowd was generally on his side. Perfect. Enraged foes are always easier to fight than calm ones.

after playing a few more cords Di'onte left the bar. the Black Dragon remnants left shortly afterwards.

after a few minutes a bright flash and six sets of yells pierced the side windows of the bar.

When the five drow attacked Di'onte fired off an intense flare and threw two daggers, each one killing a thug. in the confusion (and temporary blindness of anyone but the caster with their eyes open) he hid behind a trash bin and cast an illusion of himself in a fighting stance, unarmed.
Kithrune
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive