Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:15 pm

"Heh heh, I doubt even Elk's that desperate enough for company that he'd grope one of us at night" Durlyn chuckled at Trin's joke as he rode his lizard alongside Trin's horse.

He too was glad they had numbers on their side in case things did go wrong, but he also felt Maria and Tae could be trusted as long as none of them became tainted during the journey.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Alric » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:20 pm

"Good plan," said Vithar as he overheard Trinita's comment. Vithar mounted his horse and rode out to the road to the surface. "I'd be more worried about someone trying to slit our throats in the night...either that Sullusin'rune or those Qin'dalesque if they ever follow us, I doubt I'm Elk's type, hehe" stated Vithar jokingly.

Vithar expected Maria to call the shots for most of the trip on the surface, but if she thought she could interfere with his mission, she had better think again. He hadn't come all the way here to have some naive fool order him around like he was one of her Templar bootlicks. Who the hell did she think she was, anyway? If she expected him to follow her orders, she'd have to display some acumen or initiative herself, or at least a willingness to pay for the services of him and his men. A Sarghress officer was expected to share the same hardships as the rank and file- sleeping in the same austere tents, eating the same food, leading armies personally- and Vithar expected no less from someone who dared to call herself a superior. And in the same vein, did Vithar see an opportunity for glory and plunder on the surface, if the tales of untouched ruins were true.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 am

(I may or may not reply for a week because Im going to disneyland :D so i dont know if the hotel has internet and such)

Trinita grinned, he was happy to be working with them. He didn't get the impression the either of them were slackers and they seemed easy to get along with.

"Durlyn, Remember when you asked me how I met Maria and Tae? well I see no better time to tell the story than now. it well get the trip going." he shrugged

"Well it started after I had to pull a rotted tooth out of a nasty wolf bitch at the fort, I deiced to head to town to get myself something to eat. My sixth scene was raising alarms in my head and I checked out this alley I was passing by, I checked it out and found this kid Crusader laying in a pool of blood and beaten, somebody mugged him bad."
"I thought about what to do with him until started to pray to his family and ... well I couldn't let him die like that.
I started to treat him and I heard somebody come up behind me. I didn't know it was Maria and Tae, I heard somebody unsheathe a blade and I turned around to throw one of my axes to buy me time to draw my own before I took blow in the back yet again. I tried to defuse the situation but Tae came at me and we almost got engulfed by this wall of fire, I think he went in but it bought time for the boy... He stopped breathing and i had to get him going again. The goddess must have really wanted this lad to live with all the shit stacked against him, I stabled the kid and saw Tae laying in Maria's arms I thought the worst and went to help, she slapped me for starting this but I think they figured out I didn't mug the lad."

(heading for Val'Raveran exit)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:45 am

"The supplies aren't that hard to get... specially on a trading hub so near the surface as it is Raveran." Alyenna smirked. "We can just take a little of time packing up and grabbing one of these hornless unicorns. After all, if i'm not mistaken, the lizards who might be in the team are bound to slow them down..."
She rubbed her chin, thinking.

"So, how about it?"
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:03 pm

(leaves for the journy to the holy hands thread)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Shimmer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:19 am

Elisa made a small noice as she thought through the drastic change in plan for the day. Disappearing for a few weeks ,at the least, would not win her any love from mother. But returning with surface treasures might...

"We could get mounts from the tavern stables." She cautiously began, "And then pick out supplies on route through the bazaar." Her finish more definate as she warmed to the idea. She had her weaponry and robes with her, picking up a change of clothing so she wouldn't smell would be desirable. It seemed they were going to guess what to take to the surface, but if a brainless Sarghress could do it, why couldn't they?

Her feet kicked against the floor as she sprung up, the three pelt tails flailing from the sudden movement. Her hand clasped together with a slight clap, getting a little ahead of herself. "They blurted out where they're to meet, and we can ask the stand byers of their route. It would be interesting to see if the rumours of the Kyorl 'pilgrimage' are true... if the group lasts that long."
Shimmer
Summoner

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Kail'odian » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Crossing the street was nothing hard, only some foot traffic was between the Illhardro and Vir'reska clan members when they made their way to the front doors of the White Lion. Seems to have been a lull in the activity outside the inn, and that suited Zhai'lyn just fine. Less people to ask or gossip about a Rhino-Bird pairing.

He allowed Aly'raema to take the lead in direction, opening the door for her to go inside first.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby AoukiX » Sun May 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Through the shadows towards the White Lion, a shady figure could be seen walking through the various crowds. He had on a large cloak, but if you looked at him from the front, he was a very shifty looking male. He wore a black open vest with nothing underneath and some bagging, slightly worn black pants. At each side of his waist lay a long dagger, but what was more menacing was the face.

This certain male had on a sly smile. A smile that only the criminal would have on, as if he just got away with something and he knew he would never be caught. On his face was an eye patch with a long scar that ran over his left eye. And if you looked closely, you could see a faint ruby red glow from behind the patch.

This smiling man stopped short just before the entrance of the White Lion. He looked up and around, as if staking the place out.

"I could use a rest. " He said in a sleazy tone as he patted a bag of gold at his side. He recently had a...."job" done and he needed some R&R. He smiled as he pushed the doors open and then he walked around looking where to get a room. Not that he cared or anything.
AoukiX
Nether Seed

Postby django » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Mae walked down the streets of Val Raven. She spent less time here then on missions on the surface but she still got around alright, Mae was trying to find the white lion, a drinking hole that was highly recommended to her by her team mates. She wanted to try something different anyways.

Walking into the Inn, its a pleasant place in comparison to the rougher and tougher bars shes been use to drinking in. "Well damn, lets see if they water down their drinks." she said to herself as she approached the bar.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:01 am

Rilla'me had got lost, horribly horribly lost. She cursed her stupidity in coming to a strange city alone. She'd always had a terrible sense of direction. Eventually she found an inn. "Sharess, what's a lion?" she muttered, whatever it was she went in.

The minute she stepped inside a mixed smell of strong drink and drugs hit her and her lip curled in disgust. She walked up to the bar and asked for anything without alcohol. The bartender stared for a moment and gave her water. she sighed and sipped it.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 am

Mae took a seat beside a drow drinking some water, "Barkeep I'll have grog tall please." She leaned her spear against her shoulder and made sure that the spider silk cover was on, she didn't want anyone bumping into it and cutting themselves. Even if it was there own fault.

"Come to Raven often?" Mae looked over to drow with the traveling backpack. She thought that she would start a conversation with someone pleasant looking. Taking her grog she sipped down the beer, tasted like crap but it get me a buzz.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:09 am

Rilla'me glanced at her in surprise noting the beer in her hand and reminded herself that that didn't mean she was evil.
-Why had she come to a bar of all places-
Then she cautiously shook her head. "It's the first time I've left Chel actually." she took a sip of her water. "I've always wanted to travel."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 am

"Oh yah, I do alot of traveling, being a highland raider its part of the job description." Mae said before sipping her beer. "Word of advise thou, watch out for the ones wearing the fox masks on their faces. Thieves and cheats." which is why Mae keeps her ada close and under careful watch, not that she ever lets her guard down much.

Turning back to the drow "The names Mae Sarghress, nice to meet you."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:29 am

This was Di'onte's kind of place, much to his mother's horror. This was the type of place he could acquire a friend, dalliance, or (and this is the main reason he came) some cash. he felt a song coming on but he fought the urge. If your good at something, never do it for free, and preforming was something he was very good at.

He scanned the bar with knowing eyes and spotted a seat by a raider and a girl with green hair who seemed way out of her element.

"Give me something warm and sweet, like you." The bartender was not amused but went to fix a drink anyway. Looks like he'd be paying full price all night.

"Well, that didn't go as planned," he said to the drow in brown sitting next to him, using Pa's patented 'lets talk for a while' tone of voice.

"My names Di'onte Illhar'dro, normally my lines work."
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:22 am

Rilla'me blinked at hearing the woman was a highland raider but then frowned, she should have known that by her appearance. It must have been the atmosphere getting to her "Hmm, I have a sister in the highland raiders, Kin’tia. I don't suppose you know her? I've tried to get in touch with her" she asked, wondering if her sister would even care about her mother's death.

She started when the Illhar'dro spoke to her and smiled uneasily "Rilla'me Trental" She introduced herself to the two of them. She shifted uneasily in her seat and fidgeted with her scarf nervously, wondering what he wanted from her.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive