Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:43 pm

(sorry Thalar, my bad. I meant to say it was my favorite wolf to ride, since Molva was Sabryna's favored mount. I know the Sarghress share the wolves and can't use them exclusively for themselves, but that many of them have a fave to ride)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Durlyn surveyed the room warily for signs of the person he'd hoped to run into here...But no such luck, no signs of any Kyorl'solenurn anywhere. Durlyn gritted his teeth together in frustration and clenched his armored right fist, but calmed himself before he caused anyone else in the bar any alarm. He knew this tavern was frequented by people from all races, fae and goblin, and all clans, major and minor, so he had hoped he would catch her here, or at least one of the templars who'd been with her that day...The day the Vloz'ress and their demon minions invaded the city of Val'Raveran and nearly destroyed it. Though he and his companions, Izzril and Sabryna, had fought to defend the city with all their might alongside the Val'Kyorl'solenurn warden and her templars they'd run into during the invasion, that had not stopped her from turning on them once Izzril and Sabryna had been tainted by the invaders.

Durlyn held no grudge against the Drowussu as a whole, he had Drowussu friends and lovers amongst the highland raiders and had played with drowussu and halfbreed children while growing up back in Chel'el'soloth. It was the Val'Kyorl'solenurn clan he hated, and more importantly the fanatical mad women who brainwashed people into believing their deranged views on what Sharess expected of her followers and the men foolish enough to carry out their will. Hell, he no longer even believed in the Goddess, what kind of goddess taught her people to hate and hunt and murder people based solely on the color of their eyes? He didn't approve of tainting as a practice but he knew people who'd been tainted, usually by no fault of their own, and knew that such people were not necessarily power hungry tyrants like the Vel'Sharen who'd crippled his mother's birth clan or psychotic monsters like the Vel'Vloz'ress who'd invaded Val'Raveran. Good people, good people who'd been forced to transfer to other Highland Raider outposts far from the city or return to Chel'el'soloth to avoid being caught up in the mad witchhunts being launched by the kyorl'solenurn in Raveran, hunts which the Val'Ilhar'dro were all too willing to allow and even take part in!

Durlyn, like many of the other raiders, was worried about what way the winds of fate would blow with the kyorl'solenurn growing influence within the city, how much free reign would the Ilhar'dro permit the kyorls before things got out of hand? Would the Sarghress have to fight to maintain their place of power within the city? Only time would tell, and at the moment Durlyn was more concerned about learning the whereabouts of but one kyorl warden in particular, maybe once she had been dealt with he could find the strength within him to forgive the rest of the kyorls and move on with his life, but not until then. Though Durlyn could not spot his object of his ire anywhere, he decided to remain in the tavern and wait to see if she showed up, or better yet, question one of the Drowussu harem girls working here if they knew of any warden who matched his enemy's description. Even if they weren't kyorls themselves, with the Dutanvir all but destroyed and totally absent from the city of Val'Raveran, any Drowussu living here would have to at least have been part of the kyorl'solenurn clan at some point in their lives. Plus...He admitted to himself it had been a long time since he'd enjoyed the company of one of Redstar's fine hostesses, and he missed the good food and drink this place had always had to offer weary souls like him.

While he awaited service, he absentmindedly prayed Molva wouldn't frighten the horse mounts outside, or worse, eat them. Molva was not his wolf per say, she belonged to the Val'Sarghress clan as a whole and anyone at the Yurun'hiir fortress was allowed to ride which ever mount they wanted, unless the wolf in question was the prized mount of a high ranking officer. However, every Sarghress had their favorite wolf to ride and everyone tried to keep track of who liked to ride who in order to avoid getting on someone's bad side. Molva the Red Flash, named for her great speed and the color of her coat, had been Sabryna's favorite mount, she'd been the one who gave Molva the fancy nickname and Durlyn had always teased her about her affection for the animal despite it not being one of the great breeds (though Durlyn did admit its odd red fur was an unique feature). Now he tried to ride Molva whenever he could, and thanked his lucky stars that no one higher ranked than himself had wanted to ride her that evening. The big red beast seemed to favor him too since he had often ridden her with Sabryna up front and him in back, perhaps he reminded her of her old favored rider or perhaps there was still some lingering scent of Sabryna on his clothes and armor...
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 am

Durlyn was pulled away from his thoughts of regret and revenge by the most charming look imaginable being bestowed upon him by a strikingly lovely drowussu girl who'd just sat down not too far away...And would have raced to her side straight away if not for the warden's cloak and armor she wore. This woman was a Val'Kyorl'solenurn, one and the same with the mad woman who'd killed his mate...Though it was hard to see her that way with the friendly smile she was giving him, the same smile he'd seen on the faces of many females who'd wanted to get to know him better. He was lonely and she was beautiful, and she certainly didn't give off any bad vibes that would indicate she was up to no good, and her face was too sincere to be a ruse. Also, the symbol on her clothes were not the same as the ones worn by the warden he was after, so this meant she was likely not of the same order and even less likely to be a threat to him. Besides, he had wanted a drowussu girl to talk to concerning the whereabouts of his enemy and this was as good a chance as any, he would strike up a friendly conversation, see where it lead, and inquire about his hated foe as delicately and subtle as he could before deciding on a violent course of action (if there was even a need for it).

For these reasons alone, Durlyn decided to take a chance and talk to the girl, not like he wanted to spend the night alone and get drunk in his woes like the rest of the poor saps staggering around. He got up from his barstool, bowed graceously to the drowussu woman and said "Good evening to you Lady Warden. I am Durlyn Claddurden Sarghress of the Highland Raiders, may I be so bold as to take a seat next to yours and ask your name, milady?"
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 am

It didn't take long for her to get his attention. At first he inspected her but after a couple of seconds he stood next to her. Maria looked up at him and smiled before gving him the usual Kyorl'solenurn salute.
"Good evening to you as well Sarghress. I am Maria Voron'wa Kyorl'solenurn, warden of the order of the Sentinel Eye." She nodded and beckoned him to take a sit next to her. A drunk drowolath staggered past them and bumped into another compatriot of the White Lion.
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 am

Durlyn took his seat and smiled at Maria and said "What brings you here to our neck of the woods then Maria? Not business I hope, the only thing these poor saps are guilty of is not being able to hold their liquor or know when to call it quits *lol* "

A good joke was always a good way to break the ice. Durlyn knew from experience that the art of courting females in a matriarchal society was tricky, yet challenging business. If you came on too strong or made your intentions too blatantly known you risked getting a slap in the face at the least, and in the worse case scenario you could be wind up injured or even dead. However, if you came off too timid or meek the female would not not respect you enough to consider you worthy of their company even if they wanted to mate as badly as you. Most males learned such things from their father and brothers, Durlyn had learned about girls from his sisters and father. It had been his mage father Omardar Arkenviir who'd convinced Durlyn to get the Sarghress clan symbol tattoo drawn under his right eye, the reason being that Omardar felt many females were attracted to fine body art (claims his tattoos are what first caught Durlyn's mother's eye). Also, Baldra and Haeldra, Durlyn's two favorite and eldest sisters, had taught him about what girls wanted and looked for in a man themselves (or at least what they wanted and looked for in one). It was all a balancing act, once Durlyn got comfortable and learned a bit more about this female he would start asking more personal questions...Amongst other things.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:29 am

She narrowed her eyes before relaxing. "I'm afraid to say buisness is what brought me here. There is never time to rest when your carrying out the will of Sharess."

Maria took a moment to look over Durlyn. The highlander armor he wore sparked an interest with her, it was amazing the Sarghress were able to get ahold of such ancient armor. Her eyes were drawn to the tattoo under his right eye. It reminded her of a Beldrobbean noble she once knew. Snapping out of her trip down memory lane Maria returned her attention to Durlyn.
"Its not every day that a warden meets such a friendly Sarghress, care to explain?" She raised an inquisitive eyebrow.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 am

Durlyn chuckled boyishly, smiled, and said "Only if you promise not to purify me afterwards, hehehehe. Tolerance of people from other races, in your case, Drowussu, is kinda a prerequisit for being a highland raider. You don't last long up on the surface if you don't learn how to behave civilly amongst your own comrades, whether they be drow, elf, or even goblins. I also had a few drowussu friends growing up as a kid, the Sarghress welcome just about everyone as long as you can prove yourself useful. It also helps that you're a rather lovely female too, if you don't mind me saying so." *blush*

Durlyn blushed just a little, partly to work his boyish charm as much as possible but also because he truly found Maria attractive as well. Durlyn smirked just a bit when he noticed Maria admiring his armor and asked, "Something wrong milady? Do you require food or drink after your trip? I'd be happy to pay for us both." :)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 am

"Of course. I commend the Sarghress for providing a home for our Dutan'vir comrades that did not assimilate into the Kyorl'solenurn." His next comment was suprising but not at all unpleasant. It had been a while since a drowolath has been able to speak with her so freely without having to worry about getting a face full of steel. "As a warden I do my best to keep up my appearance." She responded and brushed a stray lock of brown hair out of her face.

Maria took a moment to inspect his features. She would let the conversation continue on for now and judge him later. A corrupted was far harder to spot then a tainted wretch.

The warden shook her head sheepishly. "Wrong? Everything is--fine....A drink would be nice, what do they offer here?"
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 am

"Oh? Do you know anyone from the Dutanvir? I've never met the higher ups from the Maeyukir subhouse myself. Well, I know from experience they serve mushroom beer, my fave by the way, but I'm sorry to say its been a while since I was last here and the drink menu may have changed. What would you like to drink? I'm sure they'll have it or something close to it, Redstar and her staff aim to please" Durlyn said, pleased that he's managed to catch the warden off guard and make her lighten up a little, and despite his usual adversion for the kyorls he had to admit this Maria was quickly growing on him, he wondered to himself what her smooth grey skin looked like when she blushed (he'd always found females most attractive when they blushed, for it was when they were the least guarded and truly just being themselves instead of just putting on a show to look more powerful or fearsome).

"Excuse me, can me and my lady friend here get some service please?" Durlyn called out, hoping someone would lend him a hand in regards to the drinks.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:37 am

"Mushroom beer? I've never had it before." Maria tapped her armored fingers against the wooden counter deciding whether to order mushroom beer or not. She stole a glance at some of the drunks occupying a table not too far away. If she had too much she'd risk ending up as rowdy as them. One. She would limit herself to one pint of mushroom beer. "They do say its allways good to try something new." She finished speaking and nodded slowly, crossing one leg over the other. Her eyes surveyed around again. The White Lion was truly something else.

The warden watched a pair of harem girls as they welcomed a customer. One could smell the strong perfumes they wore from the other end of the room. The light-weight fabric of the outfits they wore seemed to cling to their skin. She found it hard not to stare.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:57 am

"Ask and you shall recieve. A couple of mushroom beers for me and the lady please!" Durlyn called out to whoever was tending the bar, while at the same time trying not to stare at Maria's legs as she crossed them.

"If you're looking for tainted amongst the drunks, I promise you won't find any. They were all either killed or ran out of town ages ago, including those amongst the raiders, so you have nothing to fear. I swear on my mother's honor"

Durlyn frowned when Maria didn't reply right away, until he noticed how captivated Maria was by the harem girls greeting the customers, a sly, playful grin stretching across his face as he inquired "Would you like me to call one over? They don't bite, unless you want them to." ;)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:12 am

Durlyns devious comment managed to bring the warden back down to earth. She spun back to face him. "Call them over?!" Had she been drinking anything she would have spat it all out in stunned surprise. She had attended her share of Sullisin'rune parties but the harem girls of the White Lion just made her more than a bir emberessed. Not wanting to show her emberessment, Maria faked a cough. "...I don't believe that would be very wise."
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:21 am

"Hehehehehe, I like you Maria, you're cute when you're surprised. I like females who don't try to act all imperious all the time and hide their emotions" Durlyn laughed with the same endearing schoolboy laugh, before adding "But they really are nice folks, this tavern is one of the few places in Val'Raveran where everyone behaves themselves and get along regardless of who they are to eachother outside in the city, except of course for the unlucky blokes in the arena below of course. I'm sure the hostess would be willing to tell you where they bought their clothes too. Don't deny it, I saw ya looking, nothing to be ashamed of, I personally HATE dressing up but I know alot of females do. This one time me and my friends were here, Sabryna went ecstatic when she saw the outfits the harem girls were wearing..."

Durlyn shut up the moment he mentioned Sabryna, his cheerful, carefree demeanor leaving his face and being replaced by a look of pure sorrow and remorse for a few seconds before he perked up again and called out "Hello! Can we have our drinks now please? And a order of spicy spider legs while we're at it?"
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 am

Maria managed to muster up a smirk and continued listening intently. She planned on inquiring about his travels to the surface later but decided against it when she saw his stature change. Sabryna? It was most likely the name of a mate or a close friend of Durlyns'. The warden could the drowolath was intent on changing the subject when he called over one of the waitresses.

As with all wardens, Maria had a bit of a sadistic side. It was this side of her that wanted to push the conversation onward. "So...who is this Sabryna you speak of? I could swear that name rings a bell."
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:55 am

Durlyn's pleasant, boyish smile vanished in an instant, his gaze becoming cold and hard as solid ice as he fixed his violet eyes upon those of the warden, all thoughts of flirtation and good cheer gone from his mind as he whispered "She was someone very, VERY dear to me. And for your sake, Lady Maria, her name had better not ring any bells, for she was murdered by a warden during the Vel Vloz'ress invasion of this city."

Many of the other bar goers caught sight of Durlyn's harsh gaze and backed away immediately to further sections of the bar, many of them knowing all too well the reputation of the highland raider "Mad Wolf Durlyn." Though a male of short stature, he was not someone to trifle with, especially when he was mad. Even those in the bar who knew nothing of Durlyn could somehow sense his killer aura and knew to stay clear until he either calmed down or whoever angered him was dead and gone.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive