Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby Thalar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 pm

"Ahh yes, I do believe we have a number of rooms available," the male said with a pleased smile, and guided Kil'lian to the reception desk. "Our budget rooms start at 3 ada per night, paid in advance. Do you have any particular room request?"
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby stratigo » Thu May 15, 2008 1:18 am

"Well, I'll not be picky. Just as long as the room stays relatively quiet it will be fine for me." Kil'lian said. "Though do you know of any caravans in need of guards that may be travelling to the surface soon?"
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar » Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

"I have not heard of any such caravans lately, but it has been rather busy here," the male apologized. "For how long do you wish to reserve your room?"
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Pariel » Tue May 20, 2008 11:06 am

"I will take the public bath, Mathilda. While I no doubt the private baths are appealing, it is beyond my current scope as of now." He shrughed, the hand resting on his sword hilt. "I prefer to carry these with me for as long as it is possible, they do have quite a personal meaning. Thanks for your assistance." The young Pariel nodded, cutting conveniently the word goblin from his statement. One was never sure when they would get offended.

He halfway slumped with tiredness halfway walked towards the baths, not bothering to chat with the attendant more than the essential, only for bartering a set of towels and soap, and that his belongings would be stored in a locket, keeping the keystone for himself.

Wasting no time, he submerged into the steamy water, leaving the towels conveniently to his side. He sighed heavily, as his punished feet suddenly wobbled in the waters, relieved from the weight of the whole walk. Scratching his head, he eyed the other users of the bath. Two drowolath females.

"What a long day, no?" he threw in the air, attempting to break the ice and stablish an inane conversation.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby stratigo » Fri May 23, 2008 2:01 am

"As long as it takes me to find work honestly. Though I doubt I'll be staying more then a few weeks. Why? Do you need a firm time on my stay? I've got enough money to stay for a few months if that's what's worrying you, and if someone outbids me you can always throw me out. I'll live."
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Pariel » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:40 am

Neither of the two females was very talkative. Pariel simply sank in the waters afterwards, growing bored of the circumstances. Resting his head on the edge of the pool he sank in thoughts.Let's see... bandages, check, weapon, check, food rations, check... Rope... aw crap. I need one. He casted a last glance to the others of the pool. An inane shopping was a better prospective than two creepingly silent drow. Plus, if he was to last longer he would surely fall asleep.

With a swift movement, he jumped back into the edge of the pool, and wrapping his towel so he could get dry and clean, advanced towards the attendant, with intention of reclaiming his possesions back. Given the excellent nature of the place, it didn't take much time. And soon, the young drowolath was once dressed up and with ada. Sighing, he walked all the way up the street, wanting some free air.

((Leaving thread temporally due to inactivity))
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Meckruco » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Celebrian was glad the male left. she just wanted to relax for a while today. and this bath was what she needed. she ducked down under the water and stayed there for a few seconds before comeing back up and shakeing the water from her hair. she ran her fingers though her hair and sighed.
well now what are you going to do Cele? she thought to herself as she reached for her little bag to get her soap.

(im extreamely sorry for my lack of RP.. i just didnt have the heart to play this charater for a long time.)
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Najah » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:32 pm

(( Whee! First post as Asuka. ))

The slender dark-haired human female known as Asuka entered the establushment, she went immediatly to the bar around the arena pit, she sat on a stool and looked down to watch the fighting. Who was fighting today, she would probably not know them personally, it was nice to see the place was lively today. She turned to see who was the barkeep today.
Najah
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thalar » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Currently there were two barkeeps; a light elf female with striking, blue-dyed braids reaching down just past her elbow, and a more non-descript drowolath male, both dressed in red livery.

Down in the arena, a fight was just about to start, and the crowd hurried back to their tables with the food and drink they had purchased during the half-hour long pause. A wild cheer went up as the first combatant entered the arena. A female drowolath in battered plate armor stepped into the ring, carrying a jagged sword, and with a feral baring of her teeth she thrust the sword into the air and screamed. "BRING EEET!"
The crowd roared in reply. Drums began to play on the other side of the arena from where Asuka was sitting, slow at first, but gaining momentum as the drummers tapped into the crowd's excitement.

"What'll it be?" asked the male drowolath barkeep, giving Asuka a pleasant smile.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Najah » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:10 pm

"We will have, house special, pureese." she said looking back down at the fight intro in the arena. Shouting a little 'cha' here and there in cheering anticipation for whatever, or whoever else was fighting.
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 pm

((Please read and respond to the PM I sent you, Najah.))
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:56 am

Durlyn Claddurden Sarghress rode upon his favorite wolf mount, Molva, as he approached the ever popular White Lion tavern, and though he was no stranger to this establishment, it would be the first time he'd been here since the passing of his two dearest friends in the world, Izzril and Sabryna Sarghress. He sighed deeply in remembrance of all the times he'd spent here with his comrades, the parties they'd held to celebrate a successful mission up in the Overworld, all the times Izzril had wasted his soldier's pay on betting on the arena's gladiators, and most important of all perhaps, all the times he and his beloved mate Sabryna had rented one of the White Lion's rooms to spend the night in luxury and one another's warm embrace, just the two of them (though on occasion Sabryna would permit one or more of the Harem hostesses into bed as a special treat to her mate, or would invite a host into the room just to make Durlyn jealous). His mother always sent him too much money from back home in Chel'el'soloth, so Durlyn never hesitated to splurge it on his loved ones when he didn't need it for something more practical like supplies for their next treasure hunt or repairs for his armor. Sabryna had often teased Durlyn about how much ada he carried with him by calling him her "Sugar Daddy," which always brought a bright flush to his face when they were in the company of other raiders...To this day Sabryna had been the only female to ever make the rough and tumble, female loving male that was Durlyn blush like a schoolboy who'd never been kissed before.

"Ryna, my sunflower, how I miss you" Durlyn sighed to no one but himself, calling his departed mate by the nickname he'd given her after the bright yellow surface flowers she'd loved so dearly.

Molva whimpered mournfully, the big red dire wolf sensing her rider's sadness, and raised her head up as best she could in an attempt to lick his normally cheerful face.

"Hahahahaha! Down Molva, ya great red beast! Down girl, I'm alright, I just miss the good times with Izzy and Ryna, you know that" Durlyn laughed at his faithful mount's attempts to comfort him, getting down from her back (an impressive feat given how small he was compared to the huge animal) and led her to the tavern's stable, tying her securely and warning her not to eat any of the other mounts why he was away (namely the poor surface horses who whinnied in fear of the great predator's presence in their stable).

Durlyn wasted no more time with memories of the past, knowing it would do him nor his lost friends any good to let himself be buried in sorrow, he came here for a reason and he would not back down now. He entered the tavern, still decked out in his full Highland Raider armored uniform, removing his helmet only when he was certain there was no danger to be had (he'd once watched an unlucky sap get caught in the crossfire of a bar fight without stopping to survey the scene first before removing his helmet, the man taking a crossbow bolt to the head meant for somebody else).

Durlyn took a deep breath, enjoying the sweet scent of fresh food, good drink, and the perfume of the lovely harem hostesses who sashayed from one table to the next within the confines of the bar, the sound of men and women cheering or booing over the outcome of an arena match music to his ears. He knew how things worked here, so he simply took a seat at the bar and waited for the owner, the light elf Redstar, to make an appearance and ask what he wanted of her establishment.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:43 am

Trinita had a long ride and could really use a drink. Apon returning to the fortress he got orders to return to the fort at Val'Ravran for duties and took the first ride there. Just his luck he was almost assigned to ride the same wolf who he pulled a rotted tooth out, she still wasn't impressed and growled at his returned.

Luckily for him he got a new ride. A big black brute of a wolf named Chezz. As wolves go he was pretty good, didn't snap or anything and was easy to handle But Trinita though he might have a strong blood line of some sorts.
He thougth about Poni and the rivals, and wished that he could help but his clan called and he would answer. Sharress he was a busy for a male and he knew he had another group meeting with the other doctors and the Sullisin'rune coming up soon.

Coming back from the Barracks, He didn't drop off his mount yet and stopped at the white lion for a drink and some food. He really didn't want to eat rations today anyway. Dropping the wolf off at the stables with few incidents mostly surfaces horses having a little panic attack, He did notice another wolf there. He tied the wolf securely in empty stable "Be good" he told the wolf and patted him strongly on the shoulder.

The wolf thinking it for play nuzzled him on the shoulder, pushing Trinita back a step "Nice" he sternly said, pushing back and the trained wolf gave up.

Walking into the inn the Cries of Cheers and boo echoed from the areana and started to make his way over to the bar while scanning the area for trouble not seeing any. Trinita noticed the other Highlander at the bar, that would explain the lovely red he saw. He took a seat a few stools away and that he could see the front door in clear view. Hes seen that highlander around at bases from time to time, and heard about him. Mostly from those he treated that were cocky or jerks and challenged him to a fight. He would have taken a seat beside him and bought him a drink, for his part in shutting up some of those hot heads but he has seen him with others and respected him enough not to take there possible waited seats. Mad Wolf Durlyn that what they called him just remembering his name.
He waited for the surface elf bartender to place his order and took off his helmet.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Maria » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:34 am

A group of kyorls silently marched down the streets. The sea of dark skins parting as they walked on.

Maria really felt out of her element. She was used to long walks but what really disturbed her was the absence of tainted in Val'Raveran. Chel'el'sussoloth was swarming with them, yet here.....nothing.
There was nothing to clense. Nothing to execute. The warden let a bored sigh slip past her lips. It didn't help that her templar wasn't there with her. What use was a vacation with no one to share it with?
She wondered if this wasn't just a cruel joke from her Judicator mother.

The welcoming doors of the White Lion reminded the drowussu that she could use a drink after such a long journey. She dismissed her companions and pushed open the large doors. the White Lion was much like any tavern but much more extravegant in its size, looks and just about everything else. Maria looked around for a moment. A few of the stares she got served to remind her of the contempt against her race.

The warden strode over to the counter and ordered surface tea before returning her gaze back to the White Lions compatriots. Many of them stumbled around trying to maintain their balance. She made no attempt to hide her disgust of such behavior. " Drunks..." Maria muttered under her breath. She leaned against the counter and glanced to her right before furrowing her eyebrows. That...damn....Sarghress. It was him again. Trinita. The irritated warden hissed, "Sharess..." Their last meeting was more than unpleasant. She swore she'd throttle the drowolath if he dared to approach her again.

Turning her sights from Trinita, Maria noticed another Saghress. He was tall for a drowolath male and quite a looker. Deciding she could use some company, Maria waited for his gaze to pass her way before giving him an inviting look.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:03 pm

((Hold it right there Maria and django.. You can't just suddenly show up in Raveran without announcing your departure from Chel, as well as actually leaving Chel by the Road to Val'Raveran topic. And Durlyn.. it is not your personal wolf. Noone has a wolf of their own except the very highest-up.))
Thalar
Melon Berserker

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive