Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby Thalar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:21 am

Eon Icefire/stratigo:

The light elf gave Treues a heartfelt thanks for the tip, which vanished into a hidden pocket somewhere on her outfit. Next to her the three bartenders were working frantically to get everyone their drinks, and a shouting match broke out between some female drowolath in the back of the crowd, obviously unhappy with being last to order.

Noone in the crowd displayed any clan affinities openly, and although the majority were drowolath there were several goblins, both humans and orcs, mingling freely among them. It seemed one of the orcs had made off with a lot of money from betting on the fight which had just finished, as he was making new friends suspiciously fast. Many were making a point of talking with him, or simply staying close, and he paid for two rounds of drinks for his newfound friends before some of them, two male drowolath, sat him down at a nearby table, and seemed to get down to business of some kind.

The light elf served Treues another glass of beer before the food was done. A human female dressed in white, with a big, mushroom shaped hat on her head, peaked through a small opening in the wall, before she deposited two plates of steaming hot mushroom stew. The light elf took the plates over to Kil'lian and Treues. The stew smelled spicy, and among all the mushroom slices one could spot a few pieces of meat. The light elf returned with two spoons, and handed them over, wishing the two a pleasant meal.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Eon Icefire » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:03 am

Treues thanked the elf, and then thought on it...and took out another 2 ada. Tossing the crystals to the light elf, he said simply
"For the shy cook."
He then started to dig into his stew, enjoying it, but not taking too long. He started music player up now, listening to some music of a 'cheery' sort, hard to describe, yet uplifting in spirit.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Pariel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:24 am

Pariel nodded to the elf in the counter, and then turned his sight to the well-spoken goblin. Had he not been with Derrek he would probably be amused at how these auraless beings could be so well spoken, and even have a semblance of civilization. Coughing, he turned his sight on the female human.

"Lead me to my room, please." He sighed, rearranging the backpack and sword hilt, who now seemed heavier than ever.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby stratigo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:03 pm

(My word is acting wonky so I can't run things through spell checker)

"Why would I not be jumpy? Should I assume that everyone I meet has good intentions. No, its much safer to assume the opposite. And you say you are a well respected guard. Funny that I have never heard your name. Must be that you are new." Kil'lian turned his attention on the soup. He dug in, not really wanting to know what those bits of meat had been at one point. It'd probably be best if he didn't know. At least the meal was warm and filling.
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Eon Icefire » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:09 pm

Treues sighed
"I've been in the military for going on 30 years. I don't know why you haven't heard of me, unless you haven't been here much. But do tread lightly. Unnecessary violence will result in a huge hassle most of the people 'round here like to avoid." He said, finishing off his stew, licking his lips, and chugging the rest of the beer.
"Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go back to the check point..." he said, sighing as he started to walk out, rubbing his temples.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Meckruco » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:37 am

"The public baths are located just at the end of this hallway, just follow it all the way. There is a hot pool for all guests, or for an additional two ada you could reserve one of the private baths - nothing luxurious on this level, but it has all the basic necessities, " the male offered helpfully.

"Thank you very much" Cel said as he pulled out an ada peice and handed it to the male with a wink. she ducked into the room and slowly closed it behind her. at this point her short 'to do' list was being drafted in her mind. first thing she did was use the keystone and locked the door. she pulled her bag off her back and onto the floor at the foot of her bed. she then striped off her armor and left it is a disorganized heap next the bag. she then opens the bag and pulls out a bundle and sets it on the bed. it is navy blue in color. she then pulled out a towel and her hygine bag. wraping the towel around herself and pulling out a slim pair of slippers from the bag and onto her feet she made her way out of her room, locking it again and hanging the keystone from her neck. She walks towards the public baths to clean up. paying no mind to anyone that could be watching as she went.

when she got there she hung her towel on a provided hook and pulled the hair tie from her hair puting it also on the hook followed by her bag. she shook her hair out and let it hang loose as she pulled out soap and her shampoo and made her wait into the pool. steam rose as she sunk into the water slowly leting it soak her and help her feel more like a drow again.

((Sorry for my delayed post. been haveing a large writers block thanks to geting bac to base.))
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Krytos_3.0 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:38 am

( :c Freakin writers block from hell!!!!)

Eliza looked up with a small smile. "Yes, I'd like one of the more simple rooms if one is available." She spoke up rubbing the back of her head softly, as she contemplated how much ada she had left and what kind of job a mercenary like her could get tomorrow, as rest was certainly more interesting to her now then getting a job and being dead tired for it. She opted for the room first to clean up, and get some rest before she would actually do something fun. Before trying to get a paying job to protect the place where she would be living.
Krytos_3.0
Nether Seed

Postby Eon Icefire » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 pm

(COME ON PEOPLE! Post!!! lol...6 days without a single post..*tut tut tut* XD)
Treues walked past the being at the desk, and simply continued towards the door. He had put away his music player, and started to pull on his armored gloves, already haven wrapped the scarf around his neck and mouth. He then closed the bag, made sure it was tied/locked shut, and started to open the door to return to his post.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby stratigo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:36 am

Kil'lian snorted as the fop of a cop left and turned towards his meal. He ate it in quiet, trying to ignore the rest of the room. Which wasn't easy at all due to the noise. After a few minutes he drained the last of his bear and shoveled two last spoonfulls of soup into his mouth. He called over the bar tender and asked, "I don't suppose you know who to talk to for a room?"
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Pariel

Matilda guided Pariel through a set of impressive wooden doors, and up a magnificent, carpeted stairway. Once they reached the next floor, she consulted a small notebook, and made a small x near some scribbles which, perhaps, were what served as human writing. She took him to the far end of the hallway, and stopped in front of a door with the number 1-12. A quick look to either side would confirm that the rooms were not numbered in sequence.

After opening the door, the woman stepped back, to allow Pariel a good view of the room within. It was a small, clean room, with a single bed along the right wall. There was a nightstand next to the bed, a single mana light in the ceiling, and a small but inviting carpet on the floor next to the bed. On the left side of the room was a small table and a chair. Next to the door, a mirror was mounted into the wall.

From a purse Matilda extracted a small gemstone, engraved with the numbers 1-12. She attached a plain metal chain to the gemstone, and offered it to Pariel.

"Please charge this keystone, it will lock your door when you wish for privacy. Please keep it with you at all times, you must present it at the lobby desk at the end of your stay or face a substantial fee," she then recited as if from a script. She even lost some of her accent, as if this was a statement of such importance someone had taken the time to imprint it on the human.

--

Meckruco

The male blushed at Celebrian's wink, and looked down at his feet with a shy smile. "Thank you, my lady," he said and bowed, before she closed the door behind her.

The public baths were quiet, there was only one other person, a drowolath, in the pool. She was dozing off, a long pipe resting in the corner of her mouth, and a vague, sweet smell lingering in the air. Only her head was above the water, and she was leaning back on a bundle, presumably her towel.
From one of the private compartments came splashing sounds and a voice singing a wordless song, carefully as if to avoid disturbing others.

--

Krytos_3.0

"That'll be 3 ada for the night then, or do you wish to reserve the room for a longer time?"

--

stratigo

The light elf, having just returned from giving the cook her tip, nodded. She leaned forward to point to the direction of the lobby. "You should go to the lobby and talk with Mahaisa, or whoever else is at the desk currently."
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby stratigo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Kil'lian nodded to the light elf and stood. He walked out of the bar and into the lobby. He noticed that the person at the front desk, as it were, was already engaged, so he lean against the wall near the entrance of the bar waiting for the exchange to finish before he approached.
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm

As Kil'lian stood and waited, a drowolath male, dressed in the same red livery as the women at the desk, stopped and gave him a carefully measured bow. "Honored guest, do you require assistance?"
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Pariel » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Pariel nodded to the human goblin. Something so important to be imprinted in such a way to the goblin was worth his attention. Within a few moments, the gemstone glowed faintly, as the stream of mana was poured into it. He couldn't help noticing the way the woman scribbled, in those strange runes the humans had, called "letters", like Derrek used to do most the time. He could probably read them if it was necessary, but that would imply peeking unpolitely, and probably was nothing of importance aswell.

Tossing the backpack in a tired manner over the bed, he massaged his weary shoulders, while keeping his sword and ada for himself. He would have tucked the sword away, but even though he was confident there would be no property theft, the sword was too valuable to tuck it away in a simple room. Or so he thought, while locking the door of the room.

"Thanks. Do you happen to know where the public bath is?" He adressed the goblin.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Thalar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:20 pm

"Of course," the woman nodded, and gestured down the hall. "Your room is quite safe, honored guest, or you can leave your belongings in a private compartment guarded by the bath attendant, if you wish," she continued, the accent back now that she was improvising instead of reciting from memory. "In either case, the baths are just down the hall, there is a hot pool for all guests, or you can reserve one of the private baths for an additional two ada. It's not as fancy as the baths on other levels, but it's still a good one."
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby stratigo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Kil'lian looked the Drow up and down. Seemed everyone employed at the white lion was good looking to some extent, though his tastes tended to run toward other Drow and not goblins or light elves. That'd make for a pleasent stay at least. "Yes, I am looking for a room. I'm hoping that you have a vacancy."
stratigo
Nether Seed

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive