Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby Eon Icefire » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:07 pm

Treues entered the inn, tired after almost an entire day of patrol, and waiting for letters from his friend who sent them only every so often. He sighed, looking at the light elf
"Just point me to the place where I can relax and get a drink..." he said, suddenly perking up when he had registered that she was a light elf.
"How is a....Oh, forget it. I'm not in the mood to be a detective after today's hassle..." He said, slouching back down a little, the softer material in his armor stopping it from making too much noise. He rubbed his temples with his bare hands after he had taken them off and stuffed 'em in his pack, leaving hands that were strangely smooth and soft looking for a soldier of a military force...even if it was the mysterious Illhar'dro military.

(OH, BTW, Thalar. Just so I know, What GMT are you?)
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Thalar » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm

The light elf at the counter looked at Treues from over Pariel's shoulder, giving the newcomer an odd look for the sentence he didn't finish. She pointed towards an arch which seemed to lead into a larger room, where one could see many small chairs and tables, and once Treues made it through the arch he would see a bar on his left, behind which stood another light elf female, with braided blue hair and sparkling green eyes, wearing a red and black two piece outfit, with an apron on top. One other drowolath sat at the bar, and had obviously just placed his order.

(I'm GMT+1 but tend to stay up much later than I really should ^^; )
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Eon Icefire » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:11 pm

Treues nodded, thanking the elf
"Interesting to see a tavern this full of light elf workers...Not a bad idea, actually...Less female drows who try to hook up with me..." he muttered, walking over to the bar. He sat down, yawned, and looked at the light elf.
"You have any meat I can eat? And I'll have a small shot of Mushroom Beer as well." He said, following with "How much do I owe ya for that?". He reached for his pack of money after taking off the scarf and stuffing it in the pack. As he took out his pouch of money, one of the sheaths he was working on, with a Sarghress symbol on one side, un-finished, fell out.
"Whoops!" he said, picking it up and putting it back inside. He sighed
"I really need to lessen the amount of sheaths I make, or start selling 'em" he stated, taking out his music player and starting to set it up.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby Pariel » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:07 pm

"..." Pariel didn't manage to couple together a sentence. He had been stepped over by not one, but two clansmen in their rush. Yet he kept the pleasantries he would have otherwise told about their mothers in his sealed mouth. It was really late, he was tired, and he wasn't in the mood to quarrel anyway. He just hoped instead they would bump into someone and fall with their arrogance in the ground. Breathing deep, he grasped his wallet and carefully picked three ada, as the light elf had indicated before the interruption.

"There you go, miss." He slided the three, purple stones towards the elven pale hands. "I would like to think about extending the stay. May I ask where are other basic services, such as bath and nourishment?" He coughed and whispered lowly in her tongue."I do not wish to be threaded again by these exalted birds, if it is possible".
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby stratigo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 pm

Kil'lian nodded and placed the required amount of ada on the counter, putting back a few extra coins he had pulled out. "Good to know some things stay the same." He said. Before the barkeep could even pick up the coins another drow burst in and sat, asking for a meal and such. Kil'lian snorted as he dropped the sheathe and shook his head. "Perhaps you would let the lady here take my order before barging in and demanding a meal. There is only two of us, I am sure that you will be seen to soon enough." He said, sneering slightly.
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Eon Icefire » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 pm

Treues looked at the drow, sighing
"Perhaps you'd like to see just how dangerous my voice can be?" he said, before adding "I'd rather not have to show you."
"Also, I'm quite sure she'll get your order first," he continued, then going on to say
"I was simply stating my order, so she'd know what to get me AFTER yours. Also, I had a question, which she could answer while getting your order. So just simmer down." he finished saying, turning around to look towards the arena.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby stratigo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:28 pm

Kil'lian shakes his head while one hand checks on the throwing daggers he keep in his cloak, making sure that they were where they'd be in easy reach. Then he turned his attention back toward the bar and waiting for his meal, ignoring the fools threat. The arena held no interest to him, nor did much else in the White Lion. The fights in the arena were flashy and quite often fake. Not how real battles were fought or how real warriors fight. Kil'lian was sure he could beat most of them simply because gladiators fought to entertain, while he fought to kill. The owner of the White Lion had to balance to cost of buying new gladiators with indulging a crowd's blood lust.

As for other entertainments, well Kil'lian was far too paranoid to trust a woman he paid not to rob him as he slept. And he stayed away from narcotics as a rule. Near death experiences coupled with several betrayals and dealing with dwarvern ambushes had fostered paranoia in Kil'lian that was mostly seen in those of great power and afraid of loosing it. He didn't trust anyone living. Or anyone dead for that matter. You never knew is there was someone nearby that could turn them into a golem.

Not that Kil'lian didn't take risks. In fact he took more risks that would be considered healthy. He just made sure to watch his back when he risked it, just in case those paying him to risk it decided to stick a knife there instead. It was a complicated and tiring system that Kil'lian held to, but it also made sure he lived for a long time, and he'd keep living for a lot longer. Or so he hoped.
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Thalar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:55 am

Pariel:

The light elf graciously accepted the ada Pariel handed to her, and gave him a careful hint of a smile for his comment. "Matilda here will guide you to your room, and she can show you the way to the baths. You may place an order for food with her, to be delivered to your room at an appointed time, or you could visit the bar here on this floor," she indicated the arch which the recent interruptor had gone through, "or the restaurant."

The human female bowed at the mention of what was obviously her name. "Honored guest," she spoke, with a sharp accent. "Where would you like to go?"

--

Eon Icefire/stratigo:

The light elf behind the counter knew better than to get between two customers, she carefully extracted the ada Kil'lian had placed on the counter, and busied herself filling up two generous glasses of mushroom beer.

Since Kil'lian had arrived first, it was him she addressed first as they settled down somewhat. Placing his beer on the bar right in front of Kil'lian she smiled and told him his meal would be ready in a few minutes.
She then turned to Treues and set down the other glass. "That'll be three ada for the beer, and another two for the meal. There's some meat, yeah, but the more fancier foods are served up in the restaurant."

In the background, a crowd roared as an Arena fight came to an end, and the area around the bar slowly started filling up with people ordering more drinks. Most of them seemed to be commoners, from well-off merchants to regular workers out spending the week's surplus. As if on cue three other barkeepers, two male drowolath and one male gnome, appeared behind the bar, and started taking orders.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Eon Icefire » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 am

Treues nodded. Pulling out 7 ada.
"That's 3 for the beer. For the remaining 4, take 2 for meat, and keep the 2 for yourself as a nice little tip. Thanks for taking my order." he said, smiling despite being a bit tired. He turned back around, looking to see if any fellow clan mates were perhaps here, so he could talk to someone who had something in common with him...hopefully...
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby stratigo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:49 am

Kil'lian nodded and thanked the elf as his beer arrived. He started nursing it slowly, hoping to make it last to his meal. Besides he didn't want to get drunk. The sounds of cheering cued Kil'lian to the end of the arena match and he sighed as people started to file in. There goes the relative peace that he had been enjoying. The noise in the bar room raised several octaves as Kil'lian took a long drink from his mug. In the corner of his eye he noticed the gnome and his hand twitches, sliding toward his sword. Gnomes were far too close to dwarves, and Kil'lian hated dwarves. That race had committed many injuries upon him and he would gladly slaughter every last one of them. And gnomes too, because what are they but domesticated dwarves. But Kil'lian calmed himself before doing anything, as he always did when he saw a gnome. Killing it would mean little and would throw him into deep trouble.
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Eon Icefire » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:13 am

Treues noticed the drow's twitch, and as he took a swig of drink, he stated
"Don't even think about it. I'll have you arrested and thrown in a cell faster then you can imagine. Not all dwarves and gnomes are out to get ya." he said, looking at the drow
"Your quite jumpy. Any reason?" he asked, not jumping to any conclusions about the drow...
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby stratigo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Kil'lian glanced over at the Ilhar'dro. He kept the annoyance he felt off his face as he answerred him, "It's a healthy sense of self preservation. Besides, I don't like dwarves. Spent too long in the tunnels to have anything but loathing for them. Having to constantly fight them does that to you." Kil'lian figured Treues hadn't spent much time away from Raveran. The people here tended to be more tolerant of lesser races. And usually Kil'lian had nothing against men, orcs, or light elves. But dwarves would always make him twitchy.
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Eon Icefire » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:22 pm

"Maybe so," He responded, taking another sip
"But in case you haven't noticed...They are a free people in this city. Treat them as such, or I can promise you, I'll show you just how trusting my clan is of those who attack those we're on friendly terms with." He stated, not meaning anything but the simple warning.
"Anyway, Why would you be traveling so much anyway?" He asked, interested now to hear why this drow was so suspicious of dwarves.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

Postby stratigo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Kil'lian glanced over to the other drow. "There are no laws saying I must be polite, and if I didn't know how to stay my sword I would have been locked up long ago. And why are you so curious to know what it is I do, or what it is I am? It makes me wonder just who the hells you are." Kil'lian glared, taking in this other drow fully. He wondered if Treues was an assasin. Had his enemies caught on who he was? no he doudted they'd hire anyone who'd approach him so openly. Sometimes he was a little bit too paranoid. He sighed, calming himself, "Sorry, I am on edge. I am a mercenary if you must know."
stratigo
Nether Seed

Postby Eon Icefire » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:14 am

(It's 'Assassin' :P)
Treues smiled
"I'm an illhar'dro guard with an exceptional spell song ability and well known respect in the city." he responded, looking at the merc... "I simply like to know why people would be jumpy in this city, much less a mercenary...course, some mercs DO have some rather...questionable points in their lives, but it's not my place unless I find out." He finished, finishing off his beer and paying 3 more ada for another.
"Well...I can afford...3 more beers if I so want..." he said to himself, taking the 2nd beer in his hand.
Eon Icefire
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive