Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby django » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 am

Garrus grinned as he drank his grog as Chi laughed at his comment. It was then a dark joke popped into his head and he had to hold in a chuckle. Truth was, it wasn't very funny.

"Oh yah. You don't see too many sister and brother pairings around. You two must have gotten along pretty well then to have worked that long." Garrus's eyes flashed a little at the mention of an angry mother. It felt a little too close to home for him. "I... can sympathize Cha'tai."

He thought for a second before he continued, would she judge him if he told her his father was a Dutan'vir. "My mother, rather then disowned by her mom moved to Raven to get away."

Garrus raised an eye brow at Chi's comment about action. "Sharess, your a scrappy purging little warden aren't you?" he swirled his drink slowly while smiling at her. "We don't get too much tainted around here. Some have tried but locals help and usually tell us if they see anything.", he took a drink of his grog before finishing. "The worst case of taint we have around here is the old burnt down Volz outpost and mines we collapse during the war. Lately things have been very quite around there."

"But the last thing that happened there was a cave in that took in Templar and a small case of left over demons. Don't worry hes fine, broke his leg but he back in action." "But expect for that, the most you'll ever see is Nether once and a while seeping out of the cracks. And its few and far between."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 am

"I... can sympathize Cha'tai. My mother, rather then disowned by her mom, moved to Raven to get away."

"Cha-sha," she corrected automatically. "But Chi is nice; I like it. Nobody's ever called me that before, but you can. And sounds like Raveran is home to all sorts of maternal refugees." The child would calm her mother down; she was sure of this.

"So you've been in Raveran your entire life." Abyss, he missed the Nid war and everything, probably! Well, she was impressed. They must have fine training here. She could probably learn something.

And sealing nether, she could do that. Honestly, her sealing skills weren't the best, so nether leaks were probably good for her. Not that she would ever admit this, especially not to herself. The cave and ruins sounded interesting. "Can we check out those places after duty? I'm curious." Her eyes had the same gleam at the promise of danger.

The worm returned with her food. She dug in, and the mushrooms were GOOD. They tasted like meat...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am

"Chi it is then." He smiled brightly for a bit. It dimmed after what he had to say next. "Yes, I was born and raised here in Raven. Although I spent about twenty years in Chel a while ago. I needed to get away from Raven at that the time after... a shitty time of my life." He didn't tell her why, but what ever it was, it was clear that it still bothered him.

When the waitress came back, he began to chow down on his potato bugs. " *Sigh* We could if you'd like my lady." he faked a sigh but genially smiled at her eagerness. "Did I ever tell you I think your bit on the crazy side." Garrus said as he noticed the gleam in her eyes. "And I like you for it. But dont blame me if your bored when we get there."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Ah, some depth! She knew that there had to be more to this dirty-minded, formal-while-on-duty fellow. There was always more to people. But it fascinated her to see it. She was a little concerned, too... he was to be her blade, she knew she needed to protect him. Help him get past whatever had made him so sad. But they had still just met. Plenty of time to have a deeper relationship. She didn't press.

"Did I ever tell you I think your bit on the crazy side?"

"No, but I'll keep it in mind." She grinned. Plenty of people had told her this; she was used to it. "And yeah... I'm expecting to be bored, but this looks more interesting than just going home. Unless there's someplace else that's likely to be more interesting?" She was hopeful...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 am

Garrus took another bite of his potato bug and smiled at Chi's comment. More interesting then just going home? Coming from somebody like Chi, Garrus was not so sure he totally believed her.

"Well, tell you what. What we could do after lunch is patrol some of the darker places in Raven. We will have to watch our backs a little more carefully of course, not that I think I need to remind you." He gave her a wink. "I'm sure I there we can find something to keep my warden happy."

While not a risk taker himself. Garrus was never the one to shy away danger.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 pm

"Sounds great!" A decent patrol, followed by something vaguely resembling adventure. Not as extreme as she would really prefer, but so much better than what she was expecting!

She finished quickly and shoved a handful of crescent under her plate. She was going to have to come back here. White worms aside, the mushrooms were good - better than anything she had ever had in Chel. Perhaps this place wasn't so bad.

After they paid, she grinned at Garrus. "Lead on, my blade." She really was used to following her blade into dangerous situations. Usually it was the one she carried and not the one that walked by her side, but whatever. This was new, and it wasn't bad.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive