Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Re: Val'Raveran | The White Lion

Postby django » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:25 am

"You flatter me too much." he grinned. "Hmm dangers, that really depends on how much you know what your doing." He had to think on it for a second and try to put it into term she might understand. "It can be very dangerous and I could spend the whole day telling you about how you can die in the surface. Trinita then continued with a few tales about the surface.

When the waitress came back with their drinks, Trinita paid her and sipped his grog before continuing "... and then theirs the great ball of fire. Its real and its so big and bright, it lights up the whole landscape around you. And it moves, every day. And when it moves away, the blue moon comes up... I'm sorry I can ramble on about this all day. You should consider going up top if you have the chance."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:12 am

It was early afternoon and the place was less crowded than usual. And here she was! Rilla'me sat at a table in the centre of the room happily chewing on some chocolate sweets. She might disapprove most of the time but well ,chocolate was just gorgeous, she had something to celebrate and it wasn't like she was drinking wine... She shuddered and turned her thoughts elsewhere.

There had been a few rough patches but she'd weathered them and now finally had her business properly up and running. She'd managed to find herself a cheerful little store complete with a naïve, young landlord who didn't know what the place was worth. She was even contemplating finding a helper for the store.

She sighed, she should be Happy. Delighted even and yet, somehow she was feeling miserable. Something was missing. She'd met Mae a while back and had lunch with her. She'd been happy to see her again and her tales of her latest escapades made her laugh. Not that her latest story had been funny, fascinating yes but definitely not funny. She stared at the ceiling and hummed a tune. It was a song Dee had been fond of singing though she couldn't quite remember the words. She chuckled remembering some foolish words of his when she'd told him of her ambition to restart her clan

"Maybe I should go and see him. See if he'd give me a daughter." She giggled, some part of her quite liked the idea. She chewed on the last of the sweets. Shaking her head at her own foolishness. She shouldn't have eaten all of those.

She really did enjoy looking after her plants so why was she so bloody miserable all the time? She sighed and walked to the bar. She needed a drink. She felt a stab of guilt as she sat down. She'd been slacking off on her no drinking policy lately. She should really stop doing that.

"one of those" she gestured. It came in a teensy weensy little glass. She gulped it down. "Nother one" then she asked hopefully "Can I get a bigger glass?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Dice Warwick » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:31 am

Warwick Bertrand has walked into "the White Lion", seeing that it was not crowded, and the bar with even less people at it. For her, this was a good time for a drink, less likely to deal with pesky people, but at the same time, odd people tend to show up at this time, so maybe not the most best time for drinks. dispit her worry, Warwick still wanted a drink, and wanted to see how far 1 ADA will get her in this bar. Also with the place not busy, she felt more comfortable, making it easier to drink.

At the bar she ordered a cheep, but good quality beer, in a very large mug, and began to sip on it with a smile. Val'Raveran always had better beer in the underworld, both in taste and price, and most likely because of the caravans from the over-world. Warwick loved the bitter-sweet taste of a good ale, if she had the ADA, she could drink it all day, but eventually she would have to go back into the underworld for work, it was not like she was a Val, ADA had to be earned. the thought of looking for work laid heavily on her mind, but she had been with the caravan so long, she did not know what her first move sould be, other then taking a another drink from her beer.

Warwick sat in her seat, looking at her drink, silent, only moving to take another drink. Her dark gray cloak was open, reviling it's light gray fur, her wight silk cloths, and long braided pig tales.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Its been another long day for Trinita, and he was grateful to have the rest of the day off to do as he will. Dressed his highland raider armor, complete with medical bag, he walked in the white lion and took a seat at the bar. "Grog please." It's a quite day here. The only other person at the bar was a female. The way she was dressed, she looked like someone who probably been to the surface several times. "Good day." he greeted her with a smile before turning his attention to his drink.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:37 am

Still looking at her mug, it was not hard for Warwick to heir the solder walk to the bar, with the boots clomping on the ground. Looking to the side, she could see that it was a Sarghress, probably male, though she did not look to hard. When he greeted here, she still did not feel like taking a closer look, but responding would be proper. "ah, good day." Warwick took in another drink, the mug was nearly empty at this point.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 am

Not a very chatty one Trinita thought to himself. "Do alot of traveling on the surface? I just noticed your cloak and I was wondering if you had any news from the surface." Trinita smiled warmly and wondered if she was interested talking, he could use some company "I'll buy you a drink, if it would be alright with you." that usually was a good way to break the ice.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 am

"If your paying, they I might as well take you up on your offer." She finishes her drink, and then waves the bartender for another one. A slight smile on her face, as turned her head to Trinita, her arm firmly rested on the bar. "I can't say much about the surface, It's been a long time snits I've been there, but their has been more talk among the caravans about going there." Warwick moves her eyes up, as she thinks about what she has herd. "well it's with the violence in Chel'el'sussoloth, my Grandmother says that it looks like this will be getting even worse, and soon it might not be worth the risk trading their."

Look back down at Trinita, she takes a deep breath and sighs. "with the increased of talk about the surface, more caravans have been turning to the Illhar'dro, and the Nal'Sarkoth for use of their trade routs. There has been even chatter of turning to the Sarghress." The beer arrives, and Warwick takes a long sip, enjoining the free beer. "In the end it's all about safety, if the clans cant keep their clam safe, they may have to run their own caravans."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 am

"Ah, I see." Trinita said as he sipped his beer and paid for their drinks. "Your right about the violence in Chel. Things are going to get worse before they ever get better... much worse." He was not sure if he would see much of the front line when the time would.

He was a doctor first and his clan would use that skill over his sword arm any day, and Trinita was not sure what to think about that. He wasn't a coward but he could do way more good in the hospital then any battle field. "The names Trinita." He lifted his mug to her.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:42 pm

She lifts her mug as well "Warwick" putting it back down, before she takes another sip. "So, it's true then. Well when the violence dose kick up, the caravans will probably start heading to the surface trade-routs whether they like it or not. I have no doubt that the clans will turn up the tax to use their tunnel's, more so for ones involved in a war." Warwick sighed.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

"Nice to meet you Warwick." Trinita gave a little smiled. "All we can hope for is it to be over sooner then later." Although he knew better then that. If war did come... and it will. It will be a long and bloody one where the victor earned herself a burnt shell of what use to be Chel.

He took the last drink of his ale before he guessed at what time it was. "Well I should get going, It was nice talking to you Warwick."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:03 am

Warwick waved weekly "Talk later then." she didn't have much more to say, and with the ale in front of her, she felt it was better to leave Trinita do whatever he had planed to do. It was not like she didn't have plans ether, once finished with the ale, Warwick did have to look for work, as good food rarely came cheep. With all the talk about the surface, it did start to sound like a good idea, all she would have to do is find a safe group to join up with. But the Idea of walking into the crowd of others, and trying to convinces a merchant expedition to take her on, did fill here with some feeling of dread.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Garrus opened the door for his warden before entering himself. It was decently busy but not pack. Waiters were running back and forth handling food and drink to hungry tables.

He leads the way around to the side and took a table that had it back to the wall. Back here there were couple of Sarghess's and a warden templar pair. The wolves minded their own business and the Kyrols gave nod to the new pair. "I like having my back to the wall." He said as he pulled a seat out for here before taking one for himself. "If you don't mind?"

He was sure she would not mind, it was a good tactic to know who was coming in and out of the tavern, and not give somebody the chance to sneak up behind them. "As I was saying about Raven, it mostly quite compared to Chel. You wont find much in the tainted department her in this city, especially after that Volz attack we had earlier this year. As the saying goes, it Ninety percent nothing and ten percent action."

"Welcome to the White Lion. Would like a drink to start?" A pretty light elf smiled as she handed them a pair of menus.
Last edited by django on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Cha'tia nodded when Garrus asked to take the wall seat. It was odd, really. Usually she was the one protecting her brother, not the other way around. She thought of the other pair in the inn... this must be how most Wardens felt.

Ninety percent nothing and ten percent action? 'Ress in a dress - Cha'tir could have stayed active under those odds! She instantly felt a little guilty. He wanted peace, and now he had it. She had hoped for a fine templar, and Garrus looked promising. She scolded herself for being so... picky.

Then the light elf showed up offering menus. What was a worm doing in an eating establishment?! "What's good to drink here?" she asked, more to Garrus than the worm. ((She'll order whatever he recommends.)) After ordering, she felt a little less tense when the worm left. Nobody had warned her that Raveran had more free races than Chel.

"So tell me a little about yourself?" she asked.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:09 pm

"I recommend the grog, it's not the best drink but it's my choice whenever I go out. Speaking of which, I will have the grilled potato bugs and a grog to drink please." Garrus said as he handed the menu back. Looking back at Chi, he did notice she looked a little tense. It did not take long for him to realize it, but perhaps nobody told her about the free races that live in Raven.

"Hmmm, about myself huh." He thought for a moment "Well I am sure you would like an insight on my long list of previous wardens. For starters they are still all alive. My first warden was a bitch, I got rid of her as soon as I could. My seconds name is Aggie and she was my longest warden and ex mate."

"And my third warden Aiva'ihl... well, to make a long story short, she didn't share the same feelings I had for her." He was not moping but he couldn't keep the slight sound of regret from his voice. "Before you ask me, no I don't ask all my wardens to be my mate." He smiled as the waitress delivered their drinks. "I also paint* in my free time and I've been told I give good foot rubs." Garrus smiled as he took a sip "What about yourself Chi."

*frazetta like paintings
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 am

Cha'tia laughed at his comment about asking all his wardens to be his mates. "Well, I would hope not, if your first was a bitch. Few people want a bitch mate. Although I suppose some might."

Chi? She'd never been Chi before. She kind of liked it.

It was better than the grog, anyway. She wasn't impressed at all. She added a water to her order and some Dendal mushrooms that looked good. They were a bit steep, but hey, she wasn't paying. Garrus didn't seem upset about the worm, so she tried to relax. Raveran was a strange place.

"Well, I'm from the Beliet'th house. Mother's a warden of the Order of Sharess' Hands. My twin brother and I were templar and warden for most of our lives... until he fell in love. His mate's name is Aldi, and you may meet her eventually... she's an artist who makes small personal alters to Sharess. She's going to have a baby soon. Anyway, so he's in retirement to raise the little darling, and we're in Raveran to avoid mother. She's livid that he stopped his templar duties."

She sipped the grog. Oh goddess, this was not her favorite drink. Well, get the mushroom beer next time. Particularly if those mushrooms were decent. "So you said there's some action... do tainteds try to get into the city?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive