Share your original artwork, music, and stories here.

Art by nerdycanuck (DT Related!)

Art by nerdycanuck (DT Related!)

Postby nerdycanuck » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Though I can't yet afford a cameo, I've started pondering how my character Achlys might be translated to DT. To that end, I've doodled a bit of a concept image in pen. I may well revise her hair and facial tattoos at a later date, but I like this as a start.

Achlys, Drowtales Fan Version by llemaire, on Flickr

In the campaign she came from, Achlys was a mole for the big bad. If I'm not mistaken, she and said big bad were an item. Her fellow "adventurers" were indentured to this big bad for a time and entertained hopes of someday killing him. So she kept an eye on them for her the villain and my whole goal the entire campaign was to bide my time until she could betray them in the final confrontation. Sadly, I had to move cities before that happened and since then the character has been languishing in creative limbo.

As stated in the one news post, she was a necromancer. Aerisa suggested (for a DT conversion) she be made into a summoner. Particularly, a summoner that specializes in using fae as summons. I can definitely see that for Achlys - when I played her, she transformed whatever corpses she could get hold of into undead minions. So, summoner makes sense. (For the above picture, I used a traditional nether summon because that just looks cool.)

Hm. I have more to add to this but I'll save that for later. Thanks for letting me brainstorm on my art post...and thanks again, Aerisa, for the suggestion. I really appreciate it.
Last edited by nerdycanuck on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Re: Art by nerdycanuck/llemaire (DL Related!)

Postby nerdycanuck » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:18 pm

This is Saviira, a repurposed D&D character (now an Illhar'dro) that I'm considering use as a cameo or for RP:

Saviira Thau'la Illhar'dro by llemaire, on Flickr

Oh my god, I just noticed that her neckline is pretty well the same as Achlys' above. Guuuuuuh. I really need to work on outfit diversity for my characters!!
Last edited by nerdycanuck on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby nerdycanuck » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:19 pm

If I could just keep my art style somewhat consistent that would be super. Ah well, hopefully with more practice. In any case, I kept mulling over the possibilities for Tsukiko's Writing Contest and though I'd initially wanted to do a story centered around a different character, somehow my brain kept veering off towards this one, Caelroth:

Caelroth (2014; Color) by llemaire, on Flickr (B&W Version)

I have no information available for him as yet. He's another re purposed character of mine! Brown rather than charcoal skinned, with a mohawk now instead of ye olde mullet, he's also a Nidra loyalist. I'm torn between taking my story into one of two different directions so I just need to settle on which way I want to go and get writing. One of the ways, which I'll keep hush hush until I write, was inspired by a comment I saw about various Nidras that happened on the forums recently.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Postby Nori » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:37 am

Ooh, what lovely pieces you have here >u<! Achlys & Caelroth both look quite sinister, you've got that half lidded glower/general glower-type look down :3 ! Cool idea with the Mohawk too, it compliments Caelroath well *heehee*(and nice shading to boot, it integrates well with the overall picture) Saviira has some mighty fine hime curls going on for her as well and the circlet 'round her head is a nice touch(totally thought it was a tattoo for a moment, even though it's clearly not ^^; :w )
Nori
Nether Spawn

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby nerdycanuck » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Thank you for taking the time to both look at my art and comment on it!!

I have a bit of a thing for sinister/evil characters. The thing I enjoy about Achlys and Caelroth is that while both are evil, only Achlys started out evil through and through. Cael was driven to it following some pretty heavy betrayal. He's the type that would not only have given the shirt off his back to help a stranger, but he'd have given his life for his friends/loved ones without thought. Those very same loved ones betraying him planted seeds that would eventually drive him away from his noble-hearted roots and towards voluntary tainting and unquestionable loyalty to the Nidra cause.

Thank you also for the compliment on the mohawk! I was really trying to do something new with this character seeing as how his old look was basically a mullet (http://sparx.deviantart.com/art/Fragile ... r-31078089) that, while fun to draw back in college, didn't jive with him anymore.

Saviira has always been fun for me to draw, hair-wise. Tight hime curls were a trademark of hers, though initially she only had the two at the sides of her face with the rest of her hair loose. When I redesigned her as an Illhar'dro (removing her completely from her D&D roots) I changed that so as to make her whole head of hair full of the tight, thick curls. XD Funny you mention tattoos with her, too, as in redesigning her I'd contemplated giving her tattoos.
nerdycanuck
Demon

Re: Art by nerdycanuck/llemaire (DT Related!)

Postby nerdycanuck » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:37 pm

nerdycanuck
Demon

Return to Art hall