Share your original artwork, music, and stories here.

Fanart Stuffs.

Fanart Stuffs.

Postby Nikkoru-san » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:25 am

Oh boy, first time I've ever posted DT fanart here.

Linking, because I uploaded it to dA much bigger than intended: http://waitingformyrainbow.deviantart.com/art/The-Empath-323595323

Right now I'm in the middle of finding a method of colouring that's both comfortable for me and doesn't take a month for me to use. While this style does fit for both, I'm still not 100% on going forward with it. So yeah, I'd love to get comments/advice on how to improve it a bit. I've got a sketchbook brimming with DT fanart that I've left uncoloured purely because my old way looked terrible, and I'd really like to get started on some of it *wee*

I'm thinking if I do upload more I should keep it in this topic? It seems to be the done thing on this bit of the forum.
Nikkoru-san
Summoner

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Fanart Stuffs.

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:57 am

It looks pretty good to me. ^^
I'd like to advise something for the coloring but as I don't think I'm either worthy enough for that, I'll just say as how I see it, that it's really good.
And the nether effect looks great !! *omfg*

Question: You used a mouse, right ?
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Nikkoru-san » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 am

HoneyBee wrote:It looks pretty good to me. ^^
I'd like to advise something for the coloring but as I don't think I'm either worthy enough for that, I'll just say as how I see it, that it's really good.
And the nether effect looks great !! *omfg*

Question: You used a mouse, right ?

Nope, tablet. I'm still getting the hang of controlling the pen thingie though >.< Mouse was only used for eyelash brushes (hand's not steady enough for drawing those yet) and the nether effect. I did use the paint tool instead of airbrushing, mostly because the airbrush tool irritates me a bit <_< >_>

The nether was done with this *really* awesome brush set I have (it's in my dA favourites). I highly recommend it. I was originally going to try a pyrefly-look for the nether, but I think this looks so much better.
Nikkoru-san
Summoner

Postby HoneyBee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 am

Nikkoru-san wrote:Nope, tablet. I'm still getting the hang of controlling the pen thingie though >.<

Oh I see. I thought it was mouse only because some of the shades aren't pointy enough.

Nikkoru-san wrote:Mouse was only used for eyelash brushes (hand's not steady enough for drawing those yet) and the nether effect.

Uh, shouldn't you be using the pen for that ?? o_O You meant pen, right ? You could only mean pen. . . >_<

EDIT: Or wait, are there brushes that already come with the eyelashes done, is that what you saying ? lol

Nikkoru-san wrote:I did use the paint tool instead of airbrushing, mostly because the airbrush tool irritates me a bit <_< >_>

Wait, "Paint tool" ?? >.> <.< What the H is the paint tool ?
HoneyBee
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pitdragon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 am

I know they call the Brush tool the Paintbrush tool in GIMP (I dunno if it is to avoid angry Adobe issues or to be different). Perhaps that was meant?

Surprised you didn't use the tablet for those swirlies. I like the slight use of blue in the hair too.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Nikkoru-san » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:19 am

Pitdragon wrote:I know they call the Brush tool the Paintbrush tool in GIMP (I dunno if it is to avoid angry Adobe issues or to be different). Perhaps that was meant?

Surprised you didn't use the tablet for those swirlies. I like the slight use of blue in the hair too.

I did try it, but most of my swirlies just didn't flow quite right when I did them by hand. I'm still trying to get used to my tablet, which means annoying breaks in lines that NEVER happen when I draw with a pencil. (With a pencil I can draw straight lines free hand ffs). In the end I despaired so much over the idea of leaving it unfinished that I opted to use a swirly brush effect thingie.

And yes, I did use an eyelash brush. Pretty much the same reasoning as with the swirly nether, without the feel of paper it's annoyingly difficult. I'm hoping once I get used to it my control over the pen will get easier.

EDIT: Bah, remind me to stop using my GIMP jargon >.< Yes, paint tool = brush.
Nikkoru-san
Summoner

Postby Nikkoru-san » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:48 am

Updated version: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jrptlzVP1r2a33jo1_500.png

Blended the shadows on her skin, and added more nether to make her look entombed in it.

Better? I kinda want to perfect this before I move on to something else.
Nikkoru-san
Summoner

Postby Nikkoru-san » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:03 pm

I accidentally arted.

http://waitingformyrainbow.deviantart.com/art/Autre-Temps-352740609

I'd love some feedback for this one, I'm desperate to improve and it still doesn't look as pretty as it did in my head =/

Suggestions?
Nikkoru-san
Summoner

Return to Art hall