Share your original artwork, music, and stories here.

Valesse's Art Gallery

Valesse's Art Gallery

Postby valesse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Aw man, and I was getting so good at lurking and now I have to go and mess it up by making an art thread...

I've been really good about planning on competing in the DT art contests for years now, and also really, really good at not finishing a single entry. I'm awesome like that... just so much talent! It's ok, I'll let you touch me, but only this once. I'd appreciate any input, comments, questions, inquiries, critiques, or what have you if you can spare it. :)

Oh, and I plan on using this thread as a dumping ground for links to some of my works, though you should know that they will all ultimately be located under my deviantart account: Valesse
Last edited by valesse on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valesse
Nether Seed

Re: Valesse's Art Gallery

Postby valesse » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Here's a Work in Progress of my latest piece, I'd like some pointers/critiques/comments on it if you can spare any.
The colors aren't finished, neither is the background (obviously).

I've been livestreaming making this image if you're curious or want to stop in to watch sometime, my livestream link is on my deviantart page (linked in the above post)

[UPDATED 7/21]

valesse
Nether Seed

Postby valesse » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm working on some Soldiers of Fortune "fan art" as a kind of thank you to Celice and everyone else involved in getting SoF started/tested. I'm up in the air about what exactly would be preferred by the SoF crew (rather than the gamers-- I know the clear answer there!), however, from the few ideas I had about this I've settled on two in particular:

OPTIONS:
1) Both the E'clipse and Eastern Sword teams slapped together in one long image (possibly also Team 3)
2) Ephor Mancala and Captain Vine with some sort of unofficial SoF logo/title/...words

I'd love input on this, and will be posting some sketch links to what I've done on both ideas here in a bit (as an edit).
Please let me know (via PM) which of the two options you think would be best!

** I'm not posting this in the "Fan Art" area because technically isn't part of the DrowTales storyline/s
Last edited by valesse on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valesse
Nether Seed

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:34 pm

You should post this on our beta forum as well, so all of us can see it. I know there's some people that don't really check the fanart forum so much
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby valesse » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Will do, Dalvyserran, thanks much. :w
valesse
Nether Seed

Postby valesse » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:58 am

Ahahaha... something new to report!
Oh Uxia, blue lipstick? What were you thinking?

So it's totally not a 'finished' piece, but I liked where I left off.
valesse
Nether Seed

Postby valesse » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:35 am

Alright now don't freak out... I know it's been over a year but I'm back to not just lurking (fancy that!)
I even went as far as revisiting the OC I've only ever sketched for on this thread. : \ *predictable*

What you DIDN'T know is that the character on my avatar is actually Ariel... ah ha!
...naturally I have managed to lose that file :c
valesse
Nether Seed

Postby valesse » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:47 pm

No further with Uxia- but how about something to break up the Uxia-love here and post some other characters?

Maybe some Ariel fanart? :O

This is from the 2012 comic contest-- I never managed to finish my submission hence the flats- Ariel is being taught advanced sword fighting with the Delyl (*shamelessly creates minor clan*) and this is meant to be one of her first fights after getting some news that upset her/limited her concentration. I can't remember what that was at the moment but it was suppose to basically be a growing-up story.

Also, here is Wystan (OC) -- and a finished piece to boot! D: Madness!

Mixed heritage dark elf/vanir
valesse
Nether Seed

Return to Art hall