Share your original artwork, music, and stories here.

Ryouji's Artwork. A sample.

Re: Ryouji's Artwork. A sample.

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:05 am

Well, i can imagine him being a secret of the higher ups in the Vloz, but I imagine that other summoners would have to know of him since senekha is dead now...and I think only the Jaals and Sharen would be offended by a male summoner, it wouldn't change the opinions of the other clans (they think the vloz are bad anyway)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Ryouji » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:09 am

Well, upon Sene'kha's death.. he would be the sole secret of Kharla'ggen. This could favor a very deadly outcome, you might think. I'm still working out the kinks. The only other being at that point that would know he even existed would be Ven'nedia, who (in my bio) entrusted his care to one of her closest friends when he was a boy.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:20 am

It would be IMPOSSIBLe for Kharla to keep such a secret, he would have to be known to at least a few of the top summoners man.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ryouji » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:29 am

Ooooh fine. I figured I couldn't get away with it. Anywhoo, I'm being summoned to bed. I dunno if I can talk tomorrow.. driving for hours on end to trade cars with my dad in another state. (The one I live in, as I go to college in a different state.)
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:36 am

That's okay man, I'm off to the Cape tomorrow anyway, :D
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ryouji » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Working on the bio.. working on the bio.. la la la.. hmm dee daa.. heh.. this is fun.

It's getting interesting. I've already written about his appearance in the Vloz'ress camp 200 years ago.. his magical abilities.. now I'm getting into his demonic aura. Mah hah hah ha~
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Dude, the Vloz clan has only existed for 16 yrs, and the age of the cult that would become the Vloz'ress under Senekha and Kharla has not been revealed (we knew Kiel was a wee little tot back then, thats it though).

Your character can be 200 yrs old if you wish, but no way has he been part of the youngest major clan in chel for 200 yrs. keep at it though, revise, revise, revise ^^
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ryouji » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:39 am

Actually, they were called the Vloz'ress before they were a clan. He was part of the band BEFORE they were a clan. Don't worry. I've done my research.
I'm sure that, even though they've been a clan for a short 16 years, that the band is at least 200 years old.. or around that.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:54 am

Cool, where'd ya find that out? Sorry bout that man, just looking out for ya (I myself had NO clue how old their cult was in the past and had forgotten they'd always been called the Vloz...where'd ya find that bit?)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ryouji » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:18 am

Well it's in the context of the Wiki.
I assume the band of Demon Worshippers was around for a while before it was risen to a clan, being that is what it suggests when it says "The Vloz'ress can trace their ancestry back to a low-key band of demon worshippers." It also says in the context that it was referred to as the Vloz'ress even before its rise to clan status; one in saying that "During Ven'nedia's lifetime, she watched the Vloz'ress [exiled] to the Rift," and the direct quote "the 'Vloz'ress' rose to clanhood."
I also figured that, if the other Ilhar'esses (which they ought to be) are over 200 years old, that Ven'nedia would also have been over 200 years old.. or so..
Either way, the Matron of the band is the one who took in Venorik. His care was entrusted to the Matron's closest friend. Whether or not it was Ven'nedia or a previous Matron is lost in the vagueness of the Vloz'ress' history.

I hope those are sufficient points.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Ryouji » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:43 am

Whee! I have recently created a couple of stamps. For use by myself and a certain select set of people. (Vloz'ress clan only! Or it won't make sense.)

I personally intend on using them for commenting on threads. So no stealing.

First one.

This thread is:

and

This thread is:

I know there is a size difference, but I made them myself via cropping and whatnot. Either way, I think they turned out alright.

And remember, if you steal zem, Vel Rubba Ducky will steal your soul.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Great stamps man and your history for Venorik sounds pretty good, what was his mental state when he arrived? And what are his abilities?
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thalar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Ryouji wrote:Well it's in the context of the Wiki.
I assume the band of Demon Worshippers was around for a while before it was risen to a clan, being that is what it suggests when it says "The Vloz'ress can trace their ancestry back to a low-key band of demon worshippers." It also says in the context that it was referred to as the Vloz'ress even before its rise to clan status; one in saying that "During Ven'nedia's lifetime, she watched the Vloz'ress [exiled] to the Rift," and the direct quote "the 'Vloz'ress' rose to clanhood."
I also figured that, if the other Ilhar'esses (which they ought to be) are over 200 years old, that Ven'nedia would also have been over 200 years old.. or so..
Either way, the Matron of the band is the one who took in Venorik. His care was entrusted to the Matron's closest friend. Whether or not it was Ven'nedia or a previous Matron is lost in the vagueness of the Vloz'ress' history.

I hope those are sufficient points.

You can't infer Ven'nedia's age by looking at that of the Great Clan Ilharesses. They are in completely different leagues, with the oldest being over a millennium old.
However, if we can assume that the group that became the Vloz'ress were one of the many nether cults that appeared during or after the year 940 (as per the timeline), which would make the group almost 160 years old, possibly less depending on when exactly the group formed, then yes, Ven'nedia was probably almost two centuries old when she died.
But the group of outcasts is not 200 years old. And Kharla'ggen is barely an adult by drow standards, she was probably around 25 (going by visual appearance) when Sene'kha brought her to the Vloz'ress, and this was only a few years before the Nidraa'chal war, which was 16 years ago. A person who became a member of the group that eventually became the Vloz'ress, way back when the group was first founded, would not be anyone's secret, especially not the secret of an insane girl who was brought in only about 20 years ago. He or she, having survived the purge, would be one of the oldest surviving members of the group, known to everyone. Just sayin'. *ooo*
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Ryouji » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Oh no, I completely understand what you're saying. But I haven't finished his bio yet. It will explain why he isn't known to the current-day Vloz'ress members.

Patience is a virtue. He's been with the Vloz'ress since about the time they formed, that's what I'm indicating.
It doesn't change the fact that my character is over 200 years old. (I'm working out the kinks.)
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Ryouji » Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

Dear lord it has been over three years since I've been on Drowtales. A lot has happened, but I decided to bump this up toward the beginning. Are my old friends still around? Gimme a shout-out if you are. I'm hoping to restart my SM sub and get back to work trying to do some art.

In recent news. I'm now part of the United States Coast Guard. Yay! Among other things. Anyway. I still don't have a scanner, but I intend on getting some more artwork posted in a while. Just need to find some time to draft stuff up.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Previous

Return to Art hall