Share your original artwork, music, and stories here.

Ryouji's Artwork. A sample.

Ryouji's Artwork. A sample.

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:27 am

Hey, guys...
I thought I'd present some artwork of mine.. I'm not so great. It makes me sad to admit that.. but I have dreams.
Such as:
1.) Oneday becoming a voice actor for one of the big companies. AnimEigo, Geneon, ADV Films, (FunIMATION must COUGHDIECOUGH).. so on. I will admit that
I feel like I have talent there.

2.) Creating my own Manga Series! Yaaaaaay. Along this line, I am actually hoping to create my own web-comic, too. Again, I am overly critical of m artwork,
that I know, but I know I could improve. Seeing artwork like Kern's and some of the guest panels.. as well as Daydream.. x-x... makes my hopes soar. Aim high!

3.) Creating my own anime series (indicative of number 2.) Same deal...

4.) Visiting Japan for an extended time.. I'll have to move with my Fiancee, lol.. well she's not that YET but I have hopes. ANWAY.

5.) Completing my Foreign Language degree. (It comprises of two languages, L1 and L2, French and Japanese respectively.)

6.) Related to number 5, I want to learn lots of languages: Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese), Japanese, French, German, Russian, Hebrew, Greek (Ancient & Modern), Korean, Latin, Italian, and a few "not real" languages such as Draul (Drow), Elven, aaaaand (insert more here when comes to mind). So yea.

I have other goals, but I won't take up too much more of your time.
Here are some samples of artwork I have created in the past. Note that none of this is DrowTales oriented simply because, well.. I joined like five days ago. (Known about it for years.)

NUMBA ONE:
I call her Shikodomo. She's a character I created in the Ah My Goddess! Universe.

NUMBA ONE, Color Test 1, Fancy Art Markers ?! (FaberCastell, if you must.):

NUMBA ONE, Color Test 2, Oil Pastel...thingies.:

NUMBA TWO:
This one is Mara, from the Ah My Goddess! Universe.

NUMBA THREE:
This one is Urd with a color test.. I'm not sure where my original went. x-x

These are what I have right now.
I currently don't have access to a scanner.. and my picture phone is being a nuisance. Oh well. Like I said, not great...
Then again those pictures are nearly three years old.. x.x Oh well! Hope you enjoy. I'll post a little more when I get
this stupid camera to cooperate.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: Ryouji's Artwork. A sample.

Postby Lordpanther14 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 am

Nice artwork, I liked numba one color test two with the oil pastels hope to see more of your work.
Lordpanther14
Vel'akar

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 am

Thanks. I'm drawing as we speak. Well, you probably already knew that from the DD shout box. Heh.

Anyway, I'll post more recent stuff. I'm drawing Ryou'ji Vloz'ress. Or at least that's as close as I can get
to making my username seem more Draul. Oh well.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Ryouji » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 am

Hey guys, I am in the midst of drawing another item. I took a pic with my phone, and it's poor quality.. The lighting and everything doesn't accommodate the linework.
On top of that it's only part of the picture. The lower portion of the armour is not really visible. (Which angers me because I put work into it..)

So here it is.

My Vel'Vloz'ress.

Isn't he cute?! x3 I didn't do much shade work and stuff. I'm trying to keep it fresh for scanning so I can try coloring and whatnot. I want to make him extra-cool.
As of yet he has no name. But methinks I want to make him be part of the special soldiers or summoners in the clan. He has several Demon (Nether) Stones on his
armour, and yes, that's a Nether-stone hanging from his right ear. (It's so big.. oh my god.)

Tell me what you think. Quality is poor because of my OMF phone.

Edit - OMF~!#(^&@$ Okay, for the full HALF pic, I'm going to link you to my photobucket.. OMG.. my phone succeeds in taking ridiculously large pictures.
Edit edit - STUPID HTML CODE W(*&#@)*(&#@ x.x

The full Half Picture (Seeing as it's only half of the original.):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/KiyoNagi/Anime/TheVelVlozress-001.jpg
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:23 pm

So, my work for the next while, not sure how long, is developing my Vel"Vloz'ress.
This guy is (conceptually) going to be a Nether Summoner, I'll develop some story for him, but I'm not expecting to submit him to any of the roleplay sections, or anything like that. However, once I've worked him enough, I am hoping to show him to the Drowtales team. Of course, this will only be after I've finished all of my concept works and created sufficient story to him.
His life and development will be recorded here, in my arthall thread, so as to keep him consolidated. Feel free to comment! I won't have too many pictures, however, because I don't have a scanner. Any pictures that I do post of him will more than likely be from my phone, which will be poor quality.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:58 pm

This is some concept work. He wears a face mask, not unlike Kharla's, and has his own personal ornamental piece on the rear of it.
The ornament resembles a spider, and has a Nether stone at the center. Nether stones are also on either side of the metal band that holds the mask on his head.
Also, there is a chain that links to a metal piece that holds his hair in a braid. There are three nether stones in the metal piece.

The mask itself is painted like his facial tatoos, and sports two stones in the in the two diamond-like shapes along the center.

The nether stone earring has a black spider-like design in the center of it. I am deciding whether or not it is actually a sealed black widow or just a decoration. (Leaning toward an actual sealed spider.)

His weapon(s) and armour will also sport weblike and or spider decor, along with the traditional Vloz'ress spikes.

Comments are appreciated!

Edit - The forum did it to me again, here's the link to the full picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/KiyoNagi/Anime/ConceptWork-001.jpg
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Avalon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Looks promising. Keep up the good work, Ryouji. :)
Avalon
Vel'akar

Location: In my top secret hideout, plotting world domination
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Not bad man, I like his mask. If ya want more info on what nether summoners wear and what gear they carry, i suggest you check out the Drowtales Wiki, they have profiles of most of the major ranks of each drow clan.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Alright. I figure he'd be allowed to wield a scythe seeing as Sene'ka had a scythe-like weapon.
The reason his armour is as built as it is in the first picture is because he was originally going to be a merc, but then I decided to tweak him.
I'm currently working on the Scythe concept. Originally I was going to draw his weapon and then doodle in a mannequin to help people judge the size and shape of the weapon.
Of course now I'm drawing him fully armoured, mask and all.. it's turning out nice. I like it. I wish I had a scanner to do my pictures justice.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Master Oki Akai » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm

TIP:
When you post these images, at least post them small emough so they can be seen all at once.
And when you have sketches and lineart like these here, post them even smaller (half screen height at most)
It helps a lot with presentation.
Master Oki Akai
Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:42 pm

I reccommend you give him a triple bladed scythe like Hidan, a villain from the Naruto Shippuden series (the extra blades increase the attack area and likelihood of hitting something, plus it just looks scary).

I've been tinkering around with some male summoner concepts of my own, just not for the Vloz'ress
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Sorry, I try, MOA, it's just that I take them with my phone and post them on photobucket. Once I manage to get a scanner, I can fix all of that.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 pm

you mentioned his scythe would have multi functions, like what?
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ryouji » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Well, aside from the main blade, it has an extension where the blade is connected that can be used for hooking opponents should they dodge the blade.
This, of course, is if they come too close. The heel of the scythe will also have a sharpened point for quick thrusts, penetrating thrusts.

His weapon also will sport several sealing gems that he can summon demons from (or seal into).

This is what I have so far, as I draw and add more, I will come up with more ideas. I'm having way too much fun with this. Heh.
Ryouji
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Sounds interesting to be sure, so is his weapon golemized? Or does he have an affinity that makes it extend?

I was thinking of giving a character of mine a bone or metal affinity that would enable him to stretch or change the size, shape, or dexterity of his weapon. That, or a cane sword with a soulmir gem imbedded in the hilt.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Next

Return to Art hall