Share your original artwork, music, and stories here.

Trying this art thing again...

Trying this art thing again...

Postby Azoraki » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:46 pm

Sorry about basically exploding and removing my art from here. I wasn't trying to diss myself or anything, I was just having a horrible day... Plus, a lot of that stuff was old and I didn't want to look at it anymore. x_x;; So here for your viewing pleasures, pictures that I'll regret posting up:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6140/aprilbn4.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6522/ingfishan1.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2786/genderbenderjx1.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1680/meh2wq6.jpg

I don't like the last one too much... It was rushed.
Azoraki
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dayan Inikhaton » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:16 pm

upward view of the head and jaw is VERY difficult- even I dont have it down pat. but I like the clothing in the 1st one. HIP
Dayan Inikhaton
Vel'akar

Postby Faithen » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:51 am

AAARRGHHHHH! MY EYES!!! MY POOOOOOR EYES!!!!! GAAAHHHHHGGHGRRRGRGGLS...

Just kidding, I rather like the toning and coloring with the color pencils, but I've always been partial to that medium
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Azoraki » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:16 am

Yeah, I know what you mean Dayan. It was my first attempt and I kept on telling my teacher that it was the most ugly thing in the world. If I had my way, the picture would look like this

And thanks Faithen, if I could find some way to make the colors more like the originals after I got them onto the computer, I would. But for now, they do look kinda icky.

I guess that I should add some additional comments. The first one of the girl with the green shirt isn't my design. I was trying to perfectly copy a character out of the comic "for better or for worse". I think I did a good job with the exception of maybe the hand and the eye.

The one of the fish was an assignment for school, and was an exercise in pointalism. I wish that I could have added more contrast to the picture, but alas.

The one of the boy was simply a gender bended version of this "hot girl" in a comic called "The Lockhorns" but meh... =/ I don't like his arm, but it was that way in the comic, so I couldn't do anything about it. But at least it looks like a boy. ^^

Last one was supposed to be a request for someone that was due a long time ago, but now I hate it so I might draw the poor girl a new picture.
Azoraki
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Pooky » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:32 pm

First: I really, really like it. I adore the way you color your art. In this one, the colors are just so nice. I like how you weren't afraid to mix some blue and some yellow in the purple of the pants. The face looks very nice and stylish. Awesome job on the hair.

Second: That's just so perfect! XD Good job at the... impressionist? style. Again, the colors are vibrant. The fish almost looks alive. You should put it on decorative things for bathrooms. XP

Third: I like the pose. The right arm looks a little short though. The pants look quite awesome.

Fourth: I don't think it is as terrible as you think it is. The pose sure is difficut to do, and I agree about the fact that you still don't quite master it. However, I think the legs and shoes look quite great.

Keep going on, Azo. ^_^
Pooky
Demon

Postby Starlitdragon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:50 am

I love the vivid pencil-crayon colours. =D You have a knack for drawing nice street clothes.

The picture that struck me most was the pointalism fish! One, because I love colourful aquatic creatures, and two, it was really well done! All those dots. D: Makes one crazy after a while. xD How large was that one?
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Mauro » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:20 am

It's very well done. Personally, I like it.

I also really like the choice of colours that you use. Bright and it's really interesting.
Sorry that I can't give any constructive opinion, but I was never good at giving them, so... :3
Mauro
Summoner

Postby Yugo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:41 am

Well done, Azo-lady. I like it! :D
Yugo
Summoner

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:23 am

I like your fish, fish are calming....
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Return to Art hall