Direct all of your questions and inquiries of Drowtales and its world setting here. You can also participate in the construction of the world setting wiki

Wild Speculations

Wild Speculations

Postby StarBane » 07 Oct 2008, 23:13

I'm kinda suprised a thread like this doesn't already exist. ^^; Post random, wild, and probably untrue theories here.

*blush* These are mine:
#1. The Jaal'darya's price for Quain'tana's surgery is to kill (or demote) Rosof and any other males holding a position of power. I don't think they would be able to stand the sight of a male De'vess

#2. The Drowussu are actually light elves that somehow, and for some reason, followed the dark elves into the underground.

What are yours?
Last edited by StarBane on 13 Oct 2008, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
StarBane
Nether Spawn

Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Wild Speculations

Postby Hetros » 07 Oct 2008, 23:27

the drowussu may actually be a race of half-breeds... one of the side stories proves the Chiri is a halfbreed, her mother a full drow, her father a light elf... mayhaps over time such hybrids of dark and light elves became a true race that breeds true, like the half-elves of Eberron, they're less chaotic than Drow and Dark elves, but because the Drow/Delves are more used to differences and individuality, they'd be more accepting than the orderly light elves (who probably are much less accepting of differences).
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Koneko » 08 Oct 2008, 00:12

No, Chiri's mom was a commoner Drowussu with no faith in the Sharess and her daddy was a Light Elf. The Drowussu are probably Dark Elves who didn't go as far into the darkness of the underground. I imagine Light Elves would just get paler if they went underground. *wee*

PS: Liriel will awaken as Diva in the course of their travels and lead Ariel and Faen to glory (and booze).
Koneko
Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Morika » 08 Oct 2008, 00:41

Meh. There are always genetic anomalies in a species. The genes for the Drowussu may have just become a recessive trait. Since Drowussu now tend to breed amongst their own... well, I can't say race, as both they and the Drowoloath are DROW, but you know what I mean. That trait is what breeds true, since both parents have the recessive trait as the one that shows.

...I dunno. I'm not the best at biology.

Also - BOOZE AND GLORY FOR SHARESS! X3
Morika
Summoner

Location: Ther'avare, or Louisiana. Depends on present sanity.

Postby Pitdragon » 08 Oct 2008, 03:19

Koneko wrote:PS: Liriel will awaken as Diva in the course of their travels and lead Ariel and Faen to glory (and booze).

Don't forget the T&A!

Wouldn't be surprised if the Drowussu connection has some Light Elf ancestry involved. Would explain earlier renditions of the Drowussu (mostly Kyorls) being vehemently anti-Light-Elf. The Dutan'vir being so staggy and so aligned to the Queen could also make sense for that, as she spared their light-elf ancestors. Would also explain why Chiri looks just as Drowussu as any full-blood Drowussu, with only really her hair being naturally that blond (and not lighter) and perhaps her eye color being a bit uncommon.

Ever wonder why the faithful go to the surface and "keep their revelations to themselves"?

*just feeding the Wild Speculation Flame*

Also:
StarBane wrote:#1. The Jaal'darya's price for Quain'tana's surgery is to kill (or demote) Rosof and any other males holding a position of power. I don't think they would be able to stand the sight of a male De'vess

Jaal'darya: We want your first born in exchange.

Quain: *shoves Mel over* Take her! Even if she became someone I could respect I don't trust her!

Jaal: .... we meant the first after you can breed again.

Quain: Oh... hell no! Oh, guards, get Mel to her rooms quickly.

Mel: >8O </3

And so we now know why Mel and Quain don't get along....
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby StarBane » 08 Oct 2008, 09:02

these are just wild theories, guys ^_^

not meant to be true
StarBane
Nether Spawn

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Pitdragon » 08 Oct 2008, 09:51

StarBane wrote:these are just wild theories, guys ^_^

not meant to be true

Of course, but they don't get wild until more people jump in! 8P
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hellsion » 08 Oct 2008, 10:33

1. syphile is a fat white man in disguise.

2. Sillice is an attorney at law(l) in disguise.

3. Kyonne is gonna shave her head in the near future.

4. Kielinda has an affair with chiri, Shan moves on to Naal.

5. Kern sneezez.

6. Kite falls asleep on the floor with Nige(or whatever the cats name is).

7. Starlitdragon drops his/her pen.

8. ...volvulus.
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Location: Over there somewhere around that area over here in Texas.
Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Roses Ablaze » 08 Oct 2008, 16:07

My predictions are not optimistic.

~The majority of the cast that have been introduced so far will die.
~Ariel will fail to rescue Faen, either because Faen is already dead or because Faen does not wish to return and Ariel somehow ruins her friendship with her like she did with Yafein.
~Yafein will kill Vaelia in retaliation for what Ariel did to Maya.
~The Sharen are already rotting from the inside with corruption and the petty fighting between the sisters. It's only a matter of time before they fall. Either the Sarghress will defeat them, but at a heavy cost, or the Sharen will fall on their own and bring the rest of Chel'el'sussoloth with them.
~Ariel will return to a world very different than the one she left, and not necessarily different in a good way.
~Kyo'nne is playing Ariel and will betray her, just like Naal'suul said.
~Kiel'ndia will get tangled up in her clan's affairs despite trying not to.

And one less pessimistic prediction:

~Sar'nel will play a greater role in future chapters.
Roses Ablaze
Vel'akar

Postby Sigeferth » 08 Oct 2008, 20:05

Wild speculations? Sounds like fun, here are some of mine:

1:Yaeminira turns out to be Kor'maril's biological daughter.

2:Silice was secretly tainted with a special, undetectable type of intelligent netherworld demon that has slowly corrupted her reason and amplified the worst parts of her personality; gradually transforming her into the sadistic torturer we all know from later chapters. This demon was applied during her battle in the Royal Tower, potentially by Nishi'khanta, who may also be possessed by one.

3:Sha'sana is now kept in the depths of Orthorrabae as Snadhya'runes primary guinea pig for nether summoning experiments.

4:Kyo'varde secretly wishes to assassinate Chirinide, and will attempt to do so once they meet in the coming chapters; using Kiel'nedia and Naal'suul as a pretext to denounce her as a corrupted heretic.

5:Vaelia is secretly a powerful shapechanger working to bring Ariel to the overworld and deliver the Sarghress heir to her mysterious masters, who wish to experiment on/control Ariel. Melodia is a spy sent by a rival force to stop her.

6:Sarv'swati is secretly trying to take over the underworld with the help of the Jaal'darya, who will help her by manipulating the needy Quain'tana with promises of curing the wound that 'Sarv "coincidentally" gave her.

7:Zala'ess is plotting to have Quain'tana assassinated at the Council, with the treacherous help of her own secret backer: Ash'warren. Syphile is a fail-safe in this plan.

8:Shinae is secretly in love with Kyo'nne, and threw her to the templar's in hopes of being able to take advantage of her once she was brainwashed.

...That's all I've got for now.
Sigeferth
Summoner

Postby Roses Ablaze » 08 Oct 2008, 22:09

Sigeferth wrote:Wild speculations? Sounds like fun, here are some of mine:

3:Sha'sana is now kept in the depths of Orthorrabae as Snadhya'runes primary guinea pig for nether summoning experiments.

I think this one actually has some merit to it, remembering back on Sil'lice's comment to Chrys'tel in chapter...I think it was 9?
Roses Ablaze
Vel'akar

Postby Morika » 08 Oct 2008, 23:53

Roses Ablaze wrote:
Sigeferth wrote:Wild speculations? Sounds like fun, here are some of mine:

I think this one actually has some merit to it, remembering back on Sil'lice's comment to Chrys'tel in chapter...I think it was 9?

One can only wait and see. Besides, Snadhya'runes is sly, and Sha'sana was born during the end of the Moon's Age. Snadhya could be using her to learn old, forgotten secrets... <.< >.>

A more happy wild speculation!:

1) Vaelia really is a Princess in the overworld that got captured and put into slavery! She will bring our gang to her people who will either blame them for her capture or make them heroes for bringing her home.

2) Chiri'nide will meet long lost light elf cousins! They'll happily embrace her as their own and NEVER LET HER GO HOME! The tainted and demon possessed of Chel'el'Sussoloth shall unanimously rejoice when the news reaches their ears, for Chiri was kicking their asses like you couldn't believe.

3) The flying tiktikkis will swoop down upon them and bring Ariel and Melodia to the wicked Witch of the Wastelands, and a horrible Wizard of Oz parody will ensue.

...Y'know, considering how much I love Wicked and Son of a Witch, I would actually like to see that as a fan comic or something. XD
Morika
Summoner

Location: Ther'avare, or Louisiana. Depends on present sanity.

Postby Ganurath » 09 Oct 2008, 04:06

1. Baliir will die to save Kuso's life in the hope to teach him a lesson about his values in a way he can understand, but it will go over the mercenary's head.

2. The internall collapse the Vloz will face from Kharla'ggen going wild will lead the Kyorls to turn their attention to the other Vel clan in the city: the Sharen.
Ganurath
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Finish » 09 Oct 2008, 07:02

1. Sene'kha let herself captured by the Highland Raiders because so plan to open a nether gate in the middle of there camp to get ride of them.
2. To show how serious the thread is the Highland Raider character from RH who made it in the story will die and/or turn in demons.
3. Kiel will die at some point in the battle and a Naal feels the first time after a while angry and sorrow - and her seed takes over.
4. Mel will kill Quain in the same moment Quain kills her
5. Diva will have a come back and kick some asses, but now want Ariel as her heir.
6. Kel'Noz is a bit frustratet that is plan failed to put Ariel under his control so that he later could rule the Clan with her as his puppet. Now he panickly looking for a new way to become the true leader of the Sarghress.

Ok 2 isn't meant to be serious, but the rest: Yes I believe this could happen.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pitdragon » 09 Oct 2008, 08:58

Finish wrote:4. Mel will kill Quain in the same moment Quain kills her

Actually, this comes close to a bit of wild speculation of future plot that I have, only it is different:

Syphile goes to kill Quain, but has some difficulty, though her new training allows her to keep the fight going. Mel arrives and in her own desire for revenge she ends up helping Syphile kill Quain. Quain dies seeing the two who grew to hate her working together. Afterward, Syph starts to say something to Mel but Mel leaves stating it only was to meet her own ends, and she doesn't care what Syphile does. Syphile goes back to the Sharen, successful in her goal (bringing back a grisly tid-bit of Quain as proof), but keeps Mel's involvement to herself, allowing Mel to disappear as she pleases.

Following that note though, I suspect that Vy'chriel will fail in killing Sil'lice, and pay with her life while Sil'lice escapes. Syphile will arrive to find Vy dying/dead. She has the golem Yaeminira carry Vy's body back to the Sharen fortress. Zala gives her a proper send-away (mostly for appearances), and Syphile is given her position and keeps Yaeminira as her protector. Syphile may or may not take Vy's name, or she will adjust her own name. She'll lament Vy's passing, as during her training Vy was kind to her and was probably one of the few friends she had.

... yeah, that last part is a bit stretching but eh, Runes might like that one other than a dying Vy'chriel. :)
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Questions and World setting