Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Rise of Legends/Drowtales Crossover Fanfic Idea

Should I add two new [non-canon] RoL races into the story idea?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: Rise of Legends/Drowtales Crossover Fanfic Idea

Postby razer666L » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:09 am

Say, how do you create drow names, especially for OC drow?

This is for my Drowtales/Rise of Legends one-shot pilot fic I'm planning to write soon; where a group of Vinci and Alin soldiers are repelling a Hermionne attack on a Halme village with several Val'Illhar'dro merchants got caught in the fighting.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby razer666L » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Here's the one-shot pilot fic I mentioned about. What do you guys think?

It's not fully completed yet but I'll update this post with more additional scenes. Hopefully I'll be able to reach to the part where Val'Illhar'dro merchants will make their appearances in this one-shot fic. :]

========================================================================================================

"Get those machine guns in position quickly!" Lieutenant Giuseppe Diaz barked as he jogged to his squad of fifteen Condottieri Riflemen, taking their firing spot behind a semicircle barrier of stakes, sandbags and wooden logs around the town's northeastern gate.

Two ten-barreled rotary machine guns, each was crewed by three men, were quickly set up behind the similar semicircle barricades around the southeastern gate. However, they were positioned specifically on the flanks and formed a 'killing zone' of fire in order to inflict major losses on the approaching enemies. Furthermore, the crew would be supported by Stella Ossani, an Inventor, alongside her five sappers.

Six people didn't seem much but they're proficient with their variety of grenades and double-barreled shotgun. With the right tactic and preferable circumstance, they could give the machine gun crews some time to reload. Each of Diaz's Rifleman received a couple of grenades from them for this upcoming battle.

"Look to your front. Mark your target when it comes," Lieutenant Diaz calmly and repeatedly reminded them of their training as he walked around behind the barrier. Frankly, he was as nervous as the rest of his men but he didn't show it. This was actually his and their first time of getting into actual combat since their training back in Aio a few years ago.

Of all the time in the world, it has to be at night! He gritted his teeth, irritated at the current situation. Low-light condition was bad for aiming and they probably wouldn't get a straight shot even as the enemies were before them. Just be strong, remember what orders should be given. Just as he breathed in to calm himself a little...

"Enemies are coming!" One of the village sentries at the guard tower shouted. "They're carrying a battering ram!"

"How many are there?!" Lieutenant Diaz yelled.

"I don't know! Too many! Seventy or somethin'!"

Ah that's wonderful! The Condottieri officer cynically thought. He growled in frustration at the odds against them. "Dante, Corrado, Manuel! Ready your grenade! Once they pouring out of the gate, you throw it at 'em!"

Three of the Riflemen put their rifles down and produced their grenades, their fingers gripping on the safety cap that sealed the matchhead.

It didn't take long until the soldiers could clearly hear the hollering and thundering footsteps coming from behind the gate before the enemies started banging loudly at it with their blades. Lieutenant Diaz ordered his men to fix bayonet, knowing this could turn into a bloody close combat soon. Twelve out of fifteen Riflemen quickly took aim with their rifles at the gate, preparing to end them with their 11.6 mm slugs.

Suddenly, the wooden gate shook violently as the very first strike from the battering ram hit the gate. The sentries at both guard towers were firing their bows at the enemies. Giuseppe glanced towards the archers and saw one of them was taken down by an arrow. He knew it wouldn't be enough. From what he heard about these "Hermiones" from the villagers, they're so tough they could still fight with several arrows sticking into them.

Let's see if they can be put down with Vinci bullets.

Another hit from the ram began to splinter the wood and the bar across the door, weakening the barrier more and more. Each Rifleman with a gun in their hands tensed up, holding the grip and forestock of rifle tightly, their index digit resting on the trigger.

"Steady!" Lieutenant Diaz calmed them with firm voice of authority and resolve. The gate continued to shake fiercely as the battering ram started to punch through it. The Condottieri Riflemen braced themselves for an attack. He pulled his revolver out of the holster and aimed it at the gate. He then pulled the hammer back as the gate was hit one more time.

Not long after that, one final blow from the ram knocked the gate open, splitting the bar into half as Hermione raiders were starting to pour in, hollering in bloodlust. Illuminated by the torches the raiders were holding in their hands, the Vinci got a good look what they're up against: Many of them were wearing either padded armor or chainmail, armed with only arming swords and battle axes. With broad shoulders, nearly pale skin and roughly as tall as an average Vinci, one could mistaken them as their northern Skald neighbors.

As the first dozen of raiders moving through the gate, Lieutenant Diaz gave his order. "GRENADES!"

Three Riflemen quickly pulled out the safety cap, ignited the match head as it burned the safety fuse, and tossed the small bombs at the raiders.

Several Hermiones stopped dead in their tracks as they watched as three balls flew up over the barricades and fell into the group. Two of them bounced onto the ground, rolled over and stopped at their feet. While one was caught by one of the raiders. Curiosity took over as he bent over and picked up the object, mesmerized by the spark of fire produced by the egg-shaped iron item.

Until the object in his hand and the other two at the raiders' feet exploded, sending metal fragments at high velocity that tore through the armor and flesh of the surrounding men.

Blood and body tissues were scattered everywhere. Those that survived the blasts were screaming and moaning in extreme pain as they lied on the ground, some of their limbs were ripped apart. They would soon die of blood loss. Furious by the sudden death of more than a dozen of their comrades, the rest of the Hermiones cried in rage before they charged head on towards the barricades.

Right into the iron sight of fifteen Vinci rifles and a revolver.

"FIRE!" Lieutenant Diaz and the Condottieri Riflemen pulled the trigger, firing their guns in a volley that roared the night, killing more than a dozen raiders as they dropped dead to the earth.

Several Hermiones stopped for a moment, surprised by the loud noise of Vinci firearms before promptly moving forward for the kill. Three raiders that were closing in to the barriers were killed by three rapid, successive shots fired from the Condottieri officer's revolver.

The Riflemen quickly yet steadily reloaded their breech-loading single-shot rifles and fired again at the approaching raiders, killing more of them. One of the Riflemen produced a grenade and threw it right into a group of densely packed Hermiones that were moving through the gate. Not long afterwards that grenade exploded, inflicting several more casualties on the attackers.

Nevertheless, more and more raiders were coming through that open gate. Some of them got too close to the barriers, forcing the Riflemen to kill them with bayonets. Lieutenant Diaz knew that he and his squad wouldn't be able to contain them with their firepower alone. They needed to change their tactics now, their defensive perimeter was starting to become less effective.

"Elma, Fabiano! Throw some grenades on them! Everybody pull back to the street now!" He ordered the troops.
Last edited by razer666L on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:03 am

Seems good to me. But theres one part that is a bit odd to me.

However, they were positioned specifically on the flanks and formed a 'killing zone' of fire in order to inflict major losses on the approaching enemies. Despite this, the crew were supported by Stella Ossani, an Inventor, and her five sappers.

What do you mean be Despote? Is Stella a bad leader or are rifle men aiming the wrong way?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 am

Gunbird wrote:Seems good to me. But theres one part that is a bit odd to me.

What do you mean by "Despite"? Is Stella a bad leader or are rifle men aiming the wrong way?

No, that was a grammatical error. *omfg* *doh*

What I meant was those MG crews would be supported by infantry which in this case, Stella and the sappers, should there are raiders manage to come out of the killing zone and climb over the barricade to flank the crew.

I learned from "Company of Heroes" that whatever you do, always bring an infantry squad or two to support the MG crew. *hmmm*

Anyway, here's the edited version. Is it okay?
Furthermore, the crew would be supported by Stella Ossani, an Inventor, alongside her five sappers.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:44 am

Yes thats better.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby TheJackinati275 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 am

What are you doing over here, Razor666L? I can't believe that this is over here too!

Hell yeah, I am ready for this, if I haven't already said so on SB.
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby razer666L » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 am

TheJackinati275 wrote:What are you doing over here, Razor666L? I can't believe that this is over here too!

Hell yeah, I am ready for this, if I haven't already said so on SB.

Well, there's not many Drowtales fans on SB, so I decided to create a thread here as partner555's advice.

Right now I'm trying to find the suitable to update my one-shot Drowtales/Rise of Legends pilot fic.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Previous

Return to Fanfics and Fanart