Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Rise of Legends/Drowtales Crossover Fanfic Idea

Should I add two new [non-canon] RoL races into the story idea?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Rise of Legends/Drowtales Crossover Fanfic Idea

Postby razer666L » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 am

You need to Right-click and click "Open image in new tab" to see the original image.

Rise of Legends cinematic intro trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXF3oGy-iE

For those who aren't familiar with Rise of Legends, it's a fantasy RTS PC game developed by Big Huge Games in 2006. The same company that developed the famous historical RTS game Rise of Nations. There are three factions you can choose to play in the game, namely:

Alin — Magical pseudo-Arabs with genies, golems and dragons.
    Cuotl — High-tech pseudo-Mayans with Jaffa-like soldiers, laser-shooting mechs made of stone and energy shields.
    Vinci — Steam-clockpunk pseudo-Italians with steam tanks, airships and steampunk robots.

This G4TV video review of Rise of Legends should tell you more about the game.
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/11688/rise-o ... f-legends/

BTW, regarding my poll question above, those two new races are actually non-canon and made by myself for my Rise of Legends 2 story idea in Spacebattles Forums. Just to make setting and the story more interesting. The new races are:

Kahan — A race of barbarians and pseudo-Mongols from the Beastlands that can tame and control giant beasts in that region. Such as ogres, giant eagles and dragons.
    Skald — A race of magical pseudo-Norsemen and Slavs from the Northern Scars that have giant ice-breathing birds, ice golems and griffins.

Here's my crossover fanfic idea. My knowledge of Drowtales is limited so please correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The premise is like this—25 years after the events in Rise in Legends, a group of brave Cuotl explorers traveled east across the ocean on board their modified civilian-version of the Fane*, in search for new region and new knowledge. After nearly two months of travel, they had finally reached the Isles of Nuwa; they had discovered the New World.

*: A Cuotl barrack. It can fly and carry troops from one place to another. Think of it like a Terran Barrack from StarCraft but made of stone.

The islands were inhabited by a race of humans known as the Emberi. They were shocked to discover there was another continent beyond the Great Sea that had human civilization, with distinct culture and "magical" technology that were unlike they had seen before. The latter part made them to believe these "Cuotl" were actually humans with elven blood, as only elves were capable of performing magic. However, the Emberi became more astounded after the Cuotl explorers revealed there were two other civilizations in Aio—the Vinci and the Alin, where it was the latter that actually possessed magic, as well as they had never heard nor there were elves in their land.

After several weeks of living with the locals, the Cuotl explorers left the Isles of Nuwa for their home in Aio. News of humans came from a continent beyond the Great Sea quickly spread like wildfire across the human lands and eventually, the drow underworld. Meanwhile, as soon as the Cuotl explorers arrived at their homeland, news of their discovery had reached to every corner of Aio.

A few months passed, dedicated merchant vehicles—Vinci airships, giant flying beetle caravans of the Alin and Cuotl civilian Fanes—arrived at the coastlines of the New World to trade, from Nuwa Islands of the Emberi to the Halme kingdoms.

Over time, these common trade locations transformed into trading outposts and many people from across the human lands sought these "Aionese" newcomers to gain access to new spices, foods and items that they brought with them. While Cuotl were an uncommon sight, Vinci and Alin could be found in nearly every major and moderate settlement in the human lands as traders, scholars, explorers and sometimes missionaries. They gradually came into contact with light elves and drow through traveling merchants and trading posts of both Val’Illhar’dro and Val'Nal'sarkoth from the Underworld.

Upon learning the existence of the Underworld and its drow inhabitants, one Dark Alin scholar sought to explore the region to learn more of its people, culture and the environment. To seek more knowledge while become the first Aionese to establish their presence there, as well as to form diplomatic and trade relation with the natives of Chel'el'Sussoloth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some Rise of Legends music to make this crossover interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WbQ5WEVGCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf-0fAUG1JY
Last edited by razer666L on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Re: Rise of Legends/Drowtales Crossover Fanfic Idea

Postby partner555 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:34 am

Read it and so far, I don't see anything wrong with the Drowtales part of the crossover.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby razer666L » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:35 pm

I hope I don't offend Drowtales fans with this culture shock situation I wrote. XD Again, my knowledge of Drowtales is limited so please correct me if I'm wrong. :]

Drow: "We're so technologically advanced, we have airships powered by mana!"

Vinci: "Uh, we have airships too and they're not powered by mana."

Drow: "Then...Then since you can't perform magic, then you're soulless! Yeah!"

Alin: "Actually, we do have magic and have magical creatures working with us."

Drow: "Grrr, we have personal mana shields!!!"

Cuotl: "Eh, we have energy shields and they're not powered by mana at all."

Drow: *cries at the corner*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now let's turn the table, folks.

Drow: "As long as we have mana, we don't age and die of natural death. You can say we're practically immortal."

Vinci & Cuotl: "Ahhh, I see." *Looking weirdly at Alin*

Alin: "What?"

=====

Drow: "Sometimes we have to deal with demons possessing some of our people and then they'll give everyone a bad day."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "What's a 'demon'?"

Drow: "What the... Okay. Demons are evil creatures bent on destruction, feeding on both flesh and soul that come from an infinite number of netherrealms. The only way they can appear in our material world is through possession."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: *shudder* "Yikes."

Drow: "Although demon possession only happens to drow that have mana in them. And since your friend can perform magic and therefore it means they have a soul and mana, so..."

Vinci & Cuotl: *Looking nervously at Alin*

Alin: "Why you looking at me like that?"

=====

Drow: "I'm curious. How do a bunch animals like you ended up at the other side of the Great Sea?"

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "Excuse me?"

=====

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "So what do you guys usually eat?"

Drow: "Hmm, mostly meat. But we eat other foods too, such as baked potatoes, bread, fruits, cakes and so on."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "What sort of meat?

Drow: "Mostly tik'tikki, a kind of fatty underground lizard. And sometimes goblins as well."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "What's a 'goblin'?"

Drow: "That's what we call you guys. Goblins."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "DAFUQ???"
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby partner555 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:50 am

razer666L wrote:Drow: "Mostly tik'tikki, a kind of fatty underground lizard. And sometimes goblins as well."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "What's a 'goblin'?"

Drow: "That's what we call you guys. Goblins."

Vinci, Alin & Cuotl: "DAFUQ???"

*snort*

Think you should mention the part where the Drow also do cannibalism?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby razer666L » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:07 am

partner555 wrote:*snort*

Think you should mention the part where the Drow also do cannibalism?

They do? I guess I forgot about that part. :0

Still, I imagine their thoughts on drow cannibalism might be: "Okaaaay... Better they do to themselves than any of us." *omfg*
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:50 pm

I would like to know back story about Rise of Legends. It sounds like would be a good cross-over story.

There a guy named Obsidian Agent. He is obsessed with x-overs . Multi-X- overs at that. @-@ Unfortunately he seems to busy this past cupel of weeks. He hasn't been on the forum since the 19th.

Oh, and hear the information site to to help you learn more about the setting of Moonless age.http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Main_Page Hop that helps.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Gunbird wrote:I would like to know back story about Rise of Legends. It sounds like would be a good cross-over story.

Here's the game's plot from its Wikipedia entry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_N ... gends#Plot

Here's also the game's TV Tropes entry to learn more about it. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... eOfLegends

Gunbird wrote: There a guy named Obsidian Agent. He is obsessed with x-overs . Multi-X- overs at that. @-@ Unfortunately he seems to busy this past cupel of weeks. He hasn't been on the forum since the 19th.

That's cool. I can't wait to meet and discuss with him about this crossover idea. :)

Gunbird wrote:Oh, and hear the information site to to help you learn more about the setting of Moonless age.http://wiki.drowtales.com/index.php/Main_Page Hop that helps.

Oh, the wiki is really helpful for my research about the Drowtales side of the crossover, yes. Although, it's kinda weird that its entry about Light Elves is still empty. *hmmm*
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Thank you for the info.

Yes, you might have to dig around a in the forums to know about them.

Here is someone. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=13660&p=575760&hilit=Light+elf#p575760
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:25 am

BTW, regarding the story of the crossover, it will focuses on not just the Dark Alin scholar, but also his Aionese (Alin, Vinci & Cuotl) employees and the Val'Dutan'vir survivors that take refuge and work for the Dark Alin from a compound which the scholar bought from the Val’Illhar’dro in Chel'el'Sussoloth.

...Oh, and Syphile too. :P

I.e. The story takes place on a smaller scope from the POV of several characters among dozens or a few hundred people. For example, Lost series.
Last edited by razer666L on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:58 am

The Dutan'vir? I don't think too many of them went to the over-world?

And if Syphile is still alive, this story takes place before the time skip? Why is she shush a important character in the story?

And are you talking about the TV show lost?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:42 am

Gunbird wrote:The Dutan'vir? I don't think too many of them went to the over-world?

No, they didn't. The Dark Alin scholar bought the compound from the Val’Illhar’dro two years before the Nidra'chaal uprising. The Aionese compound is an all-in-one embassy, trading and cultural center, workshops, as well as a private research facility. It even has a hall and a few barracks for his security forces.

Because it has a somewhat neutral relationship to most clans and people in the compound treat everyone that enters it equally and with hospitality, as long as their intention isn't hostile, it's the safest place for the Dutan'vir take refuge. If the Nidra'chaal wants to invade the Aionese compound to get the Dutan'vir, they'll have bullets, glass bolts, cannon rounds, some magic fireballs and a few glass golems meeting them.

If you watch Rise of Legends' cinematic intro in the link I provided in the OP above, you'll see those Alin golems are really tall.

Though I have to admit this crossover has some inspiration from the Rise of the Technocracti Clan fanfic by kylefiredemon. :P

And if Syphile is still alive, this story takes place before the time skip? Why is she shush a important character in the story?

Yes, before the time skip and because I like Syphile. Please don't hit me. XD

Honestly, I don't know what was the main justification for putting her in the story, other than giving her the chance to redeem herself and develop her character further. :V ^^;

And are you talking about the TV show lost?

That's right.
Last edited by razer666L on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:07 am

Though I have to admit this crossover has some inspiration from the Rise of the Technocracti Clan fanfic by kylefiredemon. :P

What that story about?

Edit: I'm getting off topic ,am I?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 am

Gunbird wrote:What that story about?

Edit: I'm getting off topic ,am I?

It's about Airdrie, a city in Canada, got magically transported into the Underworld during the late phase of the Nidra'chaal Uprising. Cue the culture shock between fantasy drow and modern tech humans. XD

No, we're not getting off topic. Subject derailment happens all the time, no matter what forum you're in. ;)
razer666L
Nether Seed

Postby Gunbird » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 am

So what is so impatient about Syphile and Light Elves?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby razer666L » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:24 am

Gunbird wrote:So what is so impatient about Syphile and Light Elves?

What do you mean by "impatient"? I don't get the context. *hmmm*

You mean "They want to get rid of the Aionese because they're below elves" impatient, or "They want to join or learn more about these Aionese because they're strange yet not being jerks" impatient? XD

Just joking. If you meant "important" by in-universe, no, they're not. Even if the Dark Alin scholar has some grand schemes for the Underworld out of self-interest, he won't consider Syphile and the Light Elves as important part of his plan. In fact, neither of them are "important" and have little to no control over the events occur around them.

But if you meant "important" by the story and narrative, I...don't know how to explain this. But what I can explain is that Syphile and a few Light Elves are several of many characters with primary speaking roles and perspectives for the story and plot. To have more interactions between diverse characters, more backstories, more love triangles and conflict with other characters or themselves.
razer666L
Nether Seed

Next

Return to Fanfics and Fanart