Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Story help.

Story help.

Postby Gunbird » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:20 pm

OK, I thinking for trying to make a AT/X-over of Moonless age and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a series of first-person shooter/horror games, that is loosely based on the movie with the same name and the roadside panic series of novels.

It takes place in the 6 years later after the Chernobyl exclusion zone experienced a 2nd cataclysm in the summer of 2006. The zone has turned into a weird alien world with mutated creatures, strange anomalies, and dark secrets. It was praised for its atmosphere and its challenging gameplay.

Here's some more info about the game. http://soc.stalker-game.com/?page=game

And here a LP of the game done by Helloween4545. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epe0oTg ... uC7IjlDpKj

I don't know if this is the proper page to asked for help, but I'm kind of rusty when it comes to writing stories. So I would appreciate some advice in making this cross-over.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Re: Story help.

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:30 am

You should probably start simple, You should start with some Stalker who happens upon an anomaly and gets transported to the DT world and explores around a bit before returning and have him tell other Stalkers about his discovery. Eventually Word gets around and Stalkers begin to frequent the Gate Anomaly and in this part the main part of your story should take place with the various Stalkers Novice and Veteran exploring the DT world and coming into contact with its people. Eventually various governments with interests in the Zone come to notice this and make concerted efforts to explore beyond and eventually come into contact with Drow civilization and this should probably be the end game of your story.

I in all honestly don't know whether to suggest that the Anomaly lead to the underworld or the surface. If you have it lead to the surface there will probably be more initial interest and will by the various Stalkers and Government forces to go through and explore but it will take a while before they come into contact with Drow and Drow Civilization, The opposite is true if you have the anomaly lead to the Underworld.

Combat I think it should work as this: The side who gets the drop on the other side should likely win unless that person who they somehow managed to get the drop on is a Well equipped elite or they have immensely bad luck or if the terrain is against their method of fighting. Stalkers who are used to this kind if fighting should be quite deadly and should win most of the time against basic DT forces and veteran Stalkers should be nightmares to those they face. Here is the importance of whether you have the portal lead to the Underworld or surface becomes most important as if it leads to the surface most Stalkers should be able to get by quite well while if you have the portal lead to the underworld well equipped and experienced Stalkers are the only ones who will survive for any long period of time and or make any serious ground.

Now here is a counter suggestion to my previous idea, have the Drow discover the Anomaly and come to the Zone and explore around. They will probably be mistaken for mutants by most people and it will take a while before any of the Humans come to discover their true nature. The end game should probably be the same as with my previous suggestion though.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Re: Story help.

Postby Gunbird » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:24 pm

I think I'll do a introduction chapter. Story will start a few minutes before the plant explodes for 2nd time. A bunch scientist from "The Group" are conducting a test that materialized a portal to the Moonless Age for a moment before all hell brakes loss.

The next part will be about small group of stalkers trying to find a scientist who went to a tunnel. One of the STALKERS used to know this scientist and came into the zone to rescue her. She's a ex-lover.

At the same time in the MA universal Vloz'ress number brings information to the Sarghress about a super weapon that a member of the Sharen had acquired. He also learned a way to open a portal to another world. A world that is vastly different from the nether one.

It might be a good idea for me to use OCs rather then the mane characters in most of the story.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Return to Fanfics and Fanart