Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Come Into My Head - an 8tracks mix for Kiel

Come Into My Head - an 8tracks mix for Kiel

Postby AthenAltena » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 pm

I've been working on this one for what felt like ages trying to get it just right and I'm finally happy with it. I went for a very hip hop inspired sound with a lot of aggressive rhythm because that fit Kiel best.

Link to the 8tracks

Yeah Yeah - Willy Moon (It's Kiel so of course the first track is directly addressing the audience)
Out of my Mind - B.o.B. featuring Nicki Minaj [Explicit] (The first appearance of Nicki Minaj on this mix, which wasn't intentional but just kinda happened. Also I decided to use the uncensored versions of all the songs here since Kiel herself swears a lot, so don't listen to this at work if others can hear you and would object to such language)
Fear - X Ambassadors featuring Imagine Dragons (since Fear is kind of the Vloz'ress' thing)
Stronger [BBC Live Version] - 30 Seconds to Mars (I picked this version because of the sense of detachment from it, which I think sounded like her after she lost Naal)
I'm Going Slightly Mad - Queen
Monster - Kanye West featuring Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver (Second appearance of Nicki Minaj, at which point I realized my headcanon voice for Kiel basically is Nicki Minaj. This song is supposed to represent Kiel in chapter 28 when she's the closest to totally going off the rails.)
Raise Hell - Dorothy (... And then after the timeskip she comes back stronger than ever)
Eat The Rich - Aerosmith (She's clearly been hanging out with Baliir too much)
Hands Are Clever - Alex Clare (For her hilarious and ultimately successful attempts to woo Nau)
Albatross - Foals (And then everything goes tits up, again, when Sene'kha's plan continues even from beyond the grave and takes just about everything. Also of note is that this was literally a last minute addition, as I just got this album yesterday and was listening to it in the car when I realized it was absolutely perfect)
Alive - Sia (I struggled with the second to last track on this mix for a while until I heard this on the radio and knew it was just what was needed)
Come Into My Head - Kimbra (This mix was built around this song which is why I saved it for last, for bonus points look up the video and imagine Kiel dancing around like Kimbra)
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Fanfics and Fanart