Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Thank you, everyone, btw.

Thank you, everyone, btw.

Postby Thrair » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:42 am

Not exactly a place on the forum for this sort of post, but this is as good as any.

I just wanted to say thank you.... to the Drowtales team and the community. This comic and its community has been a bright spot to fall back on and escape to for about 2 years now.

I had some difficulties IRL for a while, and it took me to a dark place for a long time. I had some help from a friend who'd been in the same mindset at one point, and it helped me kick it. And stubbornness is helping to keep me from going down that road, again. But one of the nails in the coffin for that was finding this comic and community.

Things are looking up, which is awesome. But some days I slip back just a little into that fey mood. This comic and community are consistently good ways to distract myself from whatever's setting me off until the brain chemistry levels off. And you all are amazing people.

You guys helped get me out of a nasty depression. While I still have to watch my mindset... it's eased off enough to be garden-variety life issues that we all deal with. Thank you.

*EDIT* Cleaned up typos. BLARGH.
Last edited by Thrair on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrair
Demon

Location: My Chair, Washington (Just south of My Computer, Washington)
Clan: Sharen

Re: Thank you, everyone, btw.

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:07 am

Fist-bump, Thrair...when people tell you "this too shall pass", it helps to mentally picture taking a dump, and imagining that being your troubles going down the drain. If a problem presents itself, analyze objectively, find the best way to solve it, and take that sucker down like a 300-pound lineman. Revel in the triumph, and look for more problems to knock on their ass. Mistakes happen, internalize lessons learned, improve technique, and like Lee Marvin said, "Take 'em down." Each problem solved will build your self-confidence...wear your battle scars proudly, warrior. Your friends are an invaluable support network...no matter how big or small your circle of friends, choose them wisely, and don't be afraid to ask for their help. I'm glad you found your wind under your wings here...might be why I'm here, too :) Or as Smoke says, maybe it's the ears...mmm ears... *wee*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pariel » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:35 am

Well then, kudos for you. Slogging through it and climbing back ain't easy. I know firsthand how bad it is.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:41 am

*hugs*
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gunbird » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm

It's good to know that this comic is helping to make someone's life easier.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby aceofAces » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm happy to hear that Thrair! It's good to know that you're getting better at handling your depression. As another person with first-hand experience, I know it ain't easy.

*gives Thrair a round of applause*
aceofAces
Demon

Return to Fanfics and Fanart