Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Beast of Chel'el'Sussoloth - Chapter 17

Beast of Chel'el'Sussoloth - Chapter 17

Postby SFI » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 pm

SFI wrote:Author’s note: this is my part of the write-off between me and Obsie (Obsidian Agent) and it’s a cross-over between Drowtales and the movie (and RL-happenings said movie is inspired on) called “Brotherhood of the Wolf”. Now, don’t take the name too seriously, cause making the Sargs the enemies might just get me killed. XD Also, this is in a weird alternate universe where Snadya’rune and Diva’ratrika just talked their problems through (Note to the people in Chel: should try that one of these days) and therefore there are not Nids or whatever. Still friction, but no desire to see Mommy become the first Chelian Mummy...

She was whistling lightly as she carried the basket of clothes to the second-hand shop she would sell them at. It was still early, most of the people living in this remote part of Chel still sleeping or barely waking up. The light of the great Pillar of light was weak here, though still present.
Her light-grey dress danced around her form, her white hair bouncing with every step she took. She was a fifth-generation, unimportant in the schemes of the great Clans that ruled this cavern and too low-born to even being able to consider attending Orthorbbae.
In the distance she could faintly see the proud fortress of the Dutan’vir, the many lights shining from the windows seeming like a collection of stars themselves.
She took a short-cut through empty land, meant for the battles between clans as the Queen’s Peace dictated them: well away from the commoners and any risk of collateral damage. It was a place where you could get lucky, finding discarded armour or foci you could sell.
It was empty of those things now, long swept clean since the last battle that had occurred here. At least, so she thought. Some tiktikki were skittering over the surface, congregating at the edge of what appeared to be a foci-bomb-crater. It sounded like something was eating in there and they were waiting for the scraps...
She stopped, unsure if she should check or flee.
The decision was taken for her when the sounds stopped, to be replaced by the sound of something big sniffing the air.
She dropped the basket, her life more important than some clothes and ran. She heard the tiktikkis cry out as they were scattered by something big jumping out of the crater.
Untrained in the arts, be they of steel or mana, she had no defence against the claws ripping through her dress, nor the teeth burying themselves in her shoulder.
Her cry of pain and fear is drowned in the blood swiftly filling her torn lungs. Blood rains down upon the ground around her form. The tiktikki are long gone, their cries fading behind the sounds of tearing flesh no one hears.
The creature meanwhile enjoyed a feast the likes of which it had not had for months.
Last edited by SFI on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 20 times in total.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Beast of Chel'el'Sussoloth

Postby Dakla » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Hell yeah, I am so gonna follow this one. Blood and DT, my fav combo. :3 }:3
Dakla
Tainted

Postby Metzger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:12 am

*steps up to the mic again. "And in the other, jet black corner, the dramatic destroyer, Waes personal attendant.....SFI!"
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby TheJackinati275 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:27 am

Oh No... It seems that their is a war between Obsidian Agent and SFI...

Well i guess i can only say one thing

Let The Fic-Off Begin!

Also i will be interested in how you employ those themes from the Brotherhood of the Wolf
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby SFI » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Dakla wrote:Hell yeah, I am so gonna follow this one. Blood and DT, my fav combo. :3 }:3

*scoots away* WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

Metzger wrote:*steps up to the mic again. "And in the other, jet black corner, the dramatic destroyer, Waes personal attendant.....SFI!"

Wait, when did I become her attendant? o.O

TheJackinati275 wrote:Oh No... It seems that their is a war between Obsidian Agent and SFI...

Well i guess i can only say one thing

Let The Fic-Off Begin!

Also i will be interested in how you employ those themes from the Brotherhood of the Wolf

Hehe, you shall see :P You saw the movie? :D
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:05 pm

SFI wrote:
Dakla wrote:Hell yeah, I am so gonna follow this one. Blood and DT, my fav combo. :3 }:3

YOU HAVE RELEASED THE BEAST IN ME!!!!! *boogie* *boogie*
Dakla
Tainted

Postby SFI » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Dakla wrote:
SFI wrote:

YOU HAVE RELEASED THE BEAST IN ME!!!!! *boogie* *boogie*

.... Go back to the Main Archive Thread, they want their puns back...
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:26 pm

SFI wrote:
Metzger wrote:*steps up to the mic again. "And in the other, jet black corner, the dramatic destroyer, Waes personal attendant.....SFI!"

Wait, when did I become her attendant? o.O

I'm so sorry I just assumed that was your position among the Beldies...
and since this is a crossover with the Brotherhood of the Wolf I demand...drows in tricorne hats
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Beast of Chel'el'Sussoloth - Chapter 1

Postby SFI » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:17 pm

“Whatever it is, it is killing our people.” Rel’lumia stated, flicking her fan close with an audible snap. “Three Sharen, eight Dutan’vir, one Beldrobbaen, five Illhar’dro, eight Sullisin’rune, one Jaal’darya, nine Sarghress and Kyorl’solenurn, ten of mine and no doubt dozens, if not hundreds of commoners and minor clans!”
For six moon-turns something had been sweeping through the city, killing people left and right. At first, it had been assumed to simply be no more than the day to day murders and accident. Then Vals had turned up dead, now culminating in a small group which had included among others one of Diva’ratrika’s very own granddaughters.
The planned council-meeting had been moved forward by two weeks after that. Someone was challenging them all by brutally murdering and maiming their people.
The Val’Sharess looked from the Nal’sarkoth Ill’haress to the other eight seats in the upper circle. Asira’malika was tapping her fingers on the stone in front of her, briefly having flinched at the reminder that one of her people had also died. Ash’waren’s face was hidden from the Sharen-matriarch, her head bowed so that her hood obscured her face. Quain’tana wore her customary scowl, glaring at some point under the imperial throne. Shimi’lande was staring at the Empress, waiting for her word. Sannindi’ligr was seemingly cracking her knuckles, one fist trembling with her desire to punch something. Zala’ess looked like she was close to breaking into tears: it had been one of her elder daughters that had died in the most recent attack. Despite this, she had insisted on being the representative of the Sharen in the council. Waes’soloth’s face was unreadable behind the curtain of hair, her hands folded neatly in her lap. Nega’fanea was absent-mindedly patting her hair-decoration, lost in thought.
“It is not a group of people.” Quain’tana muttered, arms crossed and eyes unmoving. “The tracks are more like those of a beast, than anything else. A new Jaal’darya-creation, perhaps?”
“How dare you?” Asira is quick to counter, eyes flashing with anger. “Why would I unleash something like this on Chel!? My own people suffer just as yours do!”
“Yet you can heal yours.” Waes’soloth softly spoke, one hand resting on the purple-shining stone in front of her. “You can restore their lost limbs and wounds, while we lose people every time another attack happens.”
“Perhaps you should look to yourself, Waes’soloth.” The youngest of the Val-clans pointed at the black-clad Ill’haress. “It is not too convenient that your people can hide up in your fortress while the commoners die beneath them?”
Waes’soloth’s eye narrowed to a dangerous degree.
“Enough.” Diva’ratrika stood up, her voice breaking the Ill’haresses’ argument before it could even properly start. “None here would do such a thing, nor would they condone it. No clan, Val or otherwise, would be served by such slaughter.”
Beneath her, Waes’soloth relaxed, returning the brief nod of the Jaal’darya-Ill’haress. Diva’ratrika sat down again.
“You assume it is an... animal?” She looked at Quain’tana.
“The wounds are not made by weapons at the very least.” The Sarghress shook her head. “Though perhaps assuming it is only one, with the amount of attacks, might be taking it a bit far...”
“The survivors all say it was only one.” Ash’waren interrupted the Wolf beside her. She folded her hands in front of her. “Though their descriptions vary, I agree that this is a beast, not a drow.”
“Which hardly makes it better.” Nega’fanae spoke up, looking at Rel’lumia beside her. “How did it come into the cavern? No other city has heard of something like this, it cannot come from the Underworld...”
“None of my surface-contacts have ever told of something of the like either.” Rel’lumia stroked her fan before opening it again. “At worst, they tell of wild animals that killed a few before dying itself or being killed. Yet this...”
“It needs to be found.” Sannindi’ligr stated, pointing to the outside. “Who knows how many die while we talk here?”
“Truly the Goddess is testing us.” Shimi’lande whispered, touching the mark on her forehead briefly.
Quain’tana shook her head lightly, but said nothing.
Diva’ratrika meanwhile was torn inwardly. If it was truly a beast of the Surface that was doing this and it had survived for so long already, they needed to stop it before it would breed. She had not done something like this for centuries... But Quain’tana had... Did she really need to ask the wolf for help to secure her own empire?
In the end, she adjourned the meeting, with the request that the clan-leaders talk to their clan-members that survived attacks to find out possible patterns of attack and descriptions of the creature. Then she all but retreated back to her tower.
“Oh.” She looked up in surprise at the sight that greeted her in her quarters. “Snadya’rune, I did not know you wished to visit me.”
“It was a bit unplanned on my side.” The eldest daughter of the Val’Sharess rose from the seat she had taken. “How did it go?”
“Badly.” Diva smiled weakly at her. “At least they did not come to blows.”
The tensions between the two of them had faded for the most part, both urged by Sha’sana to finally talk. The sense of euphoria the dark Elf had felt after that had faded quickly, evaporating in the face of the reality that something was very wrong in her city. “I hope your day has been better, daughter?”
Last edited by SFI on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:25 pm

This looks good! Really good.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:This looks good! Really good.

I hope you are refering to my writing-style and not the events in the fic, right?
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 am

So... an alternate timeline. No Nids, huh? Well, guess that means Kau and Shala were never born in this universe, and Kiel is still a commoner. Also, if Mel and Snad are still in a relationship here, it's probably going to be a lot healthier in this 'verse than it was in canon.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SFI » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:46 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:So... an alternate timeline. No Nids, huh? Well, guess that means Kau and Shala were never born in this universe, and Kiel is still a commoner. Also, if Mel and Snad are still in a relationship here, it's probably going to be a lot healthier in this 'verse than it was in canon.

YAY, review! :D Jup, that is pretty much the case ;)
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SFI » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Sooooooooo.... I have a question for you guys. In the movie there is an incest-subplot (sorry if this is a spoiler for you), the question being what your thoughts are about that. Include or exclude???? *hmmm* :B
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:24 pm

there was some time ago I saw the movie, so I need to ask, was it just a subplot to add depth to the movie, or was it the villains that was family and felt the need to pork? in case of the formers, include away, in case of the later, if done right, do so anyway...these are the drow we are talking about.. incest isn't as taboo as it is among humans
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Fanfics and Fanart