Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Valor (Halo Crossover)

Valor (Halo Crossover)

Postby aceofAces » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:12 pm

-------- May 14th, 2557 - Year 1114 - 0800hrs --------

Commander James MacAllister stood in the office of Rear Admiral Prescott's office, the large window in front of him providing a fantastic view of Earth. The Admiral himself sat in a comfy faux-leather swivel chair behind a oak desk, his eyes scanning over the contents of a dar grey file folder. The man was probably in his mid to late fifties, with curly brown hair that was showing a few flecks of grey that perfectly matched his stubble of a beard. Prescott had been sitting in that chair for the better part of the minute since James had walked in his office, and he man had barely said a word to him except for "At ease Commander" after James had saluted at attention.

Prescott finally shifted in his chair, pulling out a sheet of paper amid the mass that the folder contained and held it out to James. The first thing that jumped out at the Commander was the large logo for the Office of Naval Intelligence in the top right.

"So ONI's got their hands in this." James muttered to himself.

"Nah, ONI was called in to make sense of it all." Prescott corrected, leaning back in his chair and closing the folder.

James glanced at the Admiral before reading over sheet, the title reading: "ONI Report on Anomalous Readings coming from 113 Ursa-D". It listed how a passing UNSC freighter named All or Nothin' had detected strange radiation signatures coming from somewhere in the Ursa system while on a routine resupply run, which was later confirmed by ONI to be coming from the fourth planet in the system.

"So what does this mean?" James asked the Admiral, looking up from the page.

"This is your next assignment. I know that the Valor isn't exactly equipped for this sort of mission, but ONI requested a frigate to take their science teams to the planet, and yours is one of the first of the Paris-class to have gone through her retrofit, so your heading out with and ONI science team to the planet." Prescott stated.

James mulled it over. "Permission to speak sir?"

"Permission granted."

"Why not send another class of Frigate?" James began. "Why send a Paris-class, when you could very well send either a Charon or Stalwart-Class, which have much larger cargo bays and larger overall troop compliment?"

"'fraid those ships are either under refit or are currently on deployment... or are operating in the home fleet." Prescott pointed out. "Look, I know that this set-up isn't ideal, but it's the hand we've been dealt in this case." The Admiral paused. "If that'll be all Commander, you leave at thirteen-hundred. You're dismissed."

-------- May 14th, 2557 - Year 1114 - 1320hrs --------

MacAllister sat in the command chair on the bridge of his Frigate, the Heart of Valor, fiddling with a pen in his right hand. Gazing out through the viewscreen on the bridge, one could see the vast empty blackness of Slipspace.

"Gonna be coming out of Slipspace in 30 seconds, Cap." Overclock reported, his eye-like avatar popping up in the holo-pad to the left of MacAllister's chair.

"Right. Prep the crew, I want probes ready to send down planetside right after exiting slipspace, tell the Marines and ONI Science to get their gear together and on board pelicans, and wait for the go ahead." James ordered.

"Roger that."

One of the officers from the Navigations section of the bridge suddenly spoke up. "Exiting Slipspace in 5...4...3...2...1." Within a split second the ship exited through a hole in space-time created by it's Slipspace drive decelerating rapidly as it came out, though the crew felt nothing. A diagram of the system appeared on the ships holotable, showing seven planets orbiting a yellow star approximately 1.04 times the mass of the sun. Though there was one thing that MacAllister didn't need the holotable to see right now, and that was the planet staring at him directly in the face outside his viewscreen.

"Overclock, are the probes ready?"

"Loaded into SOIEV launch bays, linking targeting data to on board computer banks..." There was a rapid thumping noise as pressurized gases launched the probes from their tubes. "...probes are away." Not long after 40-some fireballs streaked towards the planet from under the ship, the probes engines burning bright as they spread out to predetermined locations on the planet. A few minutes would pass before the probes entered the planets atmosphere and began transmitting data.

"Alert! Slipspace rupture detected inbound from vector zero-four-seven by zero-three-two! Relative size suggests a Cov-." Overclock cut off when a large hole in Slipspace opened up to the forward right of the Valor, and a Covenant CCS-class vessel emerged"...suggests a Covenant Battlecruiser...great."

James could only stare at it, barely twenty kilometers from the Valor the ship appeared massive, and most definitely was. At over one and a half kilometers long, well over four times the size of the tiny Frigate, the Battlecruiser packed enough firepower to cut the Valor clean in half, while the UNSC couldn't even scratch the paint, let alone put a dent in her superstructure. James hoped that this ship wasn't hostile and had just made a wrong turn at Albuquerque, otherwise he wasn't sure anyone on this ship would make it out alive.

"Overclock, open all channels." James ordered, standing up. "Attention Covenant vessel, this is Commander James MacAllister of the UNSC Heart of Valor, we request that you power down weapons and leave this sector of space in keeping with the ceasefire of 2552, if you do not comply, we will be forced to engage." It wasn't like he was in the position to make threats of military action, but he had standing orders to occupy this planet for the UNSC, and he wasn't about to let that go without a fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUESS WHAT GUYS, WE'RE BACK!!!

Yeah I know I said I'd get to this next month, but I had some free time and things were planned out well enough that I could see myself starting this back up again. Regardless, this time around I figured I start this off on the right foot, though I dunno how well I did, so that where your opinion would be appreciated. I know I didn't get to the Drow factor in the first chapter, but I'm saving that for either the next chapter or the one after. Either way I'm excited to get back in the game after months of hiatus, and I'm looking forward to what the future brings for this story.

Enjoy.
Last edited by aceofAces on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
aceofAces
Demon

Re: Valor (Heart of Valor Reboot - Halo Crossover)

Postby TheJackinati275 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:05 pm

it's good to see you back here, now i have competition for my Crossover/Alternate Drowtales Fanfic's besides Obsidian Agent and i better post more chapters to compete :) (not really mind you, because any post with Halo or Star Trek inside of it gets instant views and i cant compete with that)

But anyway, i hope you post here often and i hope to read more of what you write up
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby aceofAces » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:12 pm

------ May 14, 2557 - Year 1114 - 1327hrs ------

Noga'Ymerai sat in his command chair at the center of his Battlecruiser's bridge, eyes staring at the icon of the one thing he'd not expected to see. A human frigate, hanging in low orbit above the planet below, the message they'd sent rang in his ears.

"Attention Covenant vessel, this is Commander James MacAllister of the UNSC Heart of Valor, we request that you power down weapons and leave this sector of space in keeping with the ceasefire of 2552, if you do not comply, we will be forced to engage."

He huffed in amusement. One ship not even a quarter the size of his own had the arrogance to demand compliance? How absurd. Still there was merit in being cautious, who knows what things could be lurking in this system?

"Have all sensors scan for ship activity! Luminaries are to search for humans on all planets!" He bellowed to the bridge crew. "Find where they hide!" Standing up from his chair, Noga began to pace back and forth on the forward half of the circular platform in the middle of the bridge.

"Shipmaster! There are many humans on the surface of the planet below us! But they have only one ship!" Oran'Telum reported, the young reconnaissance officer standing at attention, head bowed.

"So...they stand alone do they?" Noga said mostly to himself, turning his attention back to the bridge display and back to the lone human vessel. "Charge all weapons, prepare to fire."

------ May 14, 2557 - Year 1114 - 1331hrs ------

"Cap their charging weapons! Might wanna do something about that!" Overclock reported frantically. Sure enough motes of purple-blue light began to collect on the side of the Covenant vessel.

"Helms! Begin evasive maneuvers. Weapons! Charge the MAC cannon and open all missile ports. Overclock, raise shields and prepare firing solution for the MAC. Send word to the cargo bay, anything that ain't tied down is now expendable. All fireteams are to report to battle stations to repel boarding parties." MacAllister gripped the arms of his command chair tightly.

"Covenant have launched plasma torpedoes." The motes of light suddenly jumped away from the covenant ship and traced a path towards the Valor. those tiny collections of plasma were just as lethal as a Mass Driver, and there were at least thrity of them steaking through space towards the tiny frigate. They'd chew through the Valor even with her new shield system.

"Overclock, transfer emergency thruster control to my command chair." James grabbed the control stick hanging off the front of the right arm of the chair.

"Torpedoes inbound! Impact in five...four...three...two...one..."

MacAllister jerked the control stick to the right, and the ship responded with a resounding thump as emergency thrusters fired, throwing the ship off to the right. Torpedoes converged on the ships last location, but a few managed to track to follow them. The Valor creaked as the torpedoes his and burned away at her armor and superstructure and tore gaping holes in her shields.

"Damage report!" James ordered. Overclock responded.

"Mostly superficial damage to starboard engine compartment, slight damage to engine cooling unit 4, cycling engine down to 90% capacity to compensate. Extensive damage to lower decks, Slip-space drive's been hit, it's now offline. No damage to forward or upper decks." Overclock paused. "Oh, and the MAC just finished charging."

James felt a slight grin shoot across his face. "Firing solution. Go."

"Already aiming." Overclock reported, as the ship angled to point it's bow directly at the battlecruiser, and a loud clank reported the firing of the frigate's most powerful weapon. "Slug is away."

Half a second later, there was large explosion near the battlecruiser's midsection and a ripple of blue energy formed over the surface of the covenant vessel. To the untrained eye, one would think that this was an indication of a successful damaging hit. In reality, upon impact with the covenant shield the 600 ton depleted uranium round had shattered under it's own kinetic force and had burned and vaporized away, throwing whatever chunks were left were scattered by the violent reaction in whichever direction they pleased. Whatever energy had transferred to the enemy ship had been absorbed by the shield, meaning that despite the incredible power of a MAC cannon, the crew on the covenant vessel hadn't even felt it hit.

"Helms, set course towards the planet. Overclock find an LZ, we're getting outta here."

"Cap?"

"You know as well as I do we can't fight that ship." James explained. "Find that damn LZ."

"Right...found a few promising locations, transferring data to Nav consoles." Overclock reported. Soon after Helms reported that the course had been locked in and the ship began to turn towards the planet and the engines flared. "Covies are charging weapons again, gonna be firing in three seconds."

"Increase speed, get us down there!"

"Covenant ship's firing. Torpedoes inbound." James readied his hand on the control stick."

"Clock! Gimme a countdown to impact!"

"Rodger that! Impact in eight seconds! Six...five...four...three...two...one-" James fired the ship to the left. He saw the torpedoes streak past to the right of the ship. One torpedo, however, found it's mark. James braced as he heard the sizzling of mettle behind coming from behind him. "Comms array's hit!" Overclock reported after the sizzling noise had died down.

"Whats the status of the Covenant ship?" James barked at the AI.

"Unknown sir!" Overclock reported. "We're entering the planet's atmosphere! Covies seem to be breaking off their attack!"

------ May 14, 2557 - Year 1114 - 1333hrs ------

"Shipmaster! The humans are retreating!" A sangheili officer reported as Noga watched the small half-kilometer long vessel retreat towards the planet.

"Let them run...we have won this day." the Shipmaster ordered, waving his hand dismissively at the bridge officer. "We now search for a landing area. Accomplish the goals given to us. We claim this planet in the name of Jul'Mdama."

"But the humans could put a halt to our plans!" Another sangheili spoke up. This time, it was the Master of the Army aboard the ship, Thon'Nbek.

Noga turned to him. "We will deal with them in time. We have proven our might, and they flee. Their ship is damaged and ours stands firm. Our victory is assured."

Thon bowed his head, placing his closed fist on his chest. "By your word, Shipmaster."

Noga raised his voice to the bridge. "Prepare all landing parties, they will secure our landing zone!"
Last edited by aceofAces on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby aceofAces » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:18 am

------ May 14th, 2557 – Year 1114 – 1405hrs ------

Tras’ni Vel’sharen stood over a map spread out over a rickety wooden table inside a small outpost town. She could hear that pouring rain striking the roof of the small room she’d made her office in. It had been storming like this for days, and although at first she’d jump a little every time she heard the thunder roll in, she’d slowly gotten used to it.

What really had her on edge tonight however was the contingent of Sarghress Raiders closing in on them from the east. Even though she had the command of 200 Sharen and Black Sun, the Sarghress had her outnumbered two-to-one. She had to hold this town, else give the Sarghress the opportunity to hit Dariya’ko and surround First Landing.

“Tras’ni?” A male Dragon Rider entered her office.

“What is it?” She asked, not taking her eyes off the map.

“There’s something you need to see.” He said. “It’s urgent.”

“Great.” Tras’ni sighed and stood back from the table, before turning to follow him out. Stepping outside she felt the rain soak both her dark blue hair and the cloth dress of her armor in seconds. She was very tempted to form a mana shield over her head, but she knew it would be pointless to do it, she’d be wasting mana.

Both she and the Dragon Rider headed to the southern wall, and as she got closer she saw both her garrison and the commoners begin to crowd the wall, trying to get a view of whatever it was on the other side.

“Out of the way!” She barked, forcing her way through the crowd towards the wall. “Disperse! Go back to your homes!” The more she forced her way through the more the commoners seemed to close in against each other, how anyone could stand to be so close to another person without flinching was beyond her.

Arriving at the top of the wall, she looked out over the field. She could see the lights, floating around above the ground floating in ordered groups above more lights collecting on the ground in a more disorganized mass. At first she thought it might be the Sarghress before she remembered that they were at least another two days away.

“What is that?” She asked, her hand resting on the stone wall.

“We don’t know...thought it might’ve been the Sargs...” Another Sharen rider reported next to her. “Sent for you to make sure.”

Looking closer she could make out shapes through the haze of rain, framing the flying lights, they were objects...airships, and judging from it they were relatively small. She could also see what looked like figures walking around under the airships.

“Send out a squad. Have them keep their distance until they figure out what’s going –“ She stopped when she heard a loud droning noise above her head. Looking up she saw more lights like those she’d seen out on the field. The airship’s shape was odd, it had a teardrop-like shape, with a large bulge tapering off into multiple spines. It hovered over the town square. People began to run into their homes hoping to find shelter, when a shaft of green light fell to the ground from the under the ship.

Tras’ni nearly jumped down the ladder in her mad dash for the town square, pushing her way through the crowd of panicking commoners as she ran. Coming to the square, she was met by a ring of Black Sun and Sharen encircling the shaft of light. Pushing her way through she could see them, standing a full head taller than most Drow.

Their heads sat atop long, muscular necks and lacked a lower jaw, instead having a double set of mandibles. Their hands had four digits, two fingers and two thumbs, which seemed proportionally long compared to the size of their hand overall. Their legs were large and muscular, and bent backwards. They wore armors of varying complexity and colors ranging from Blue to orange to green.

One stood out however, wearing a rather ornate golden armor with a large headdress with a large protrusion coming out the front. Tras’ni had to admit it made him look a bit like a Dawmere...barring the mandibles of course.

A small group of smaller creatures descended from the ship through the beam. One of these creatures looked very bird-like, with a long beak-like snout sporting sharp teeth and large raptorial eyes. Their limbs were thing and sinuous, betraying their lightweight builds. Like the larger ones they armors of varying colors and each had what appeared to be a mana shield strapped to their right arms.

The last group was the smallest, barely the size of halmes, they were squat with short legs and long arms. Their skin was thick and scaly and colored a dark brown which turned darker the closer they got to the extremities.

She took a few slow, cautious steps toward them, hands ready to draw her sword if necessary...but they did not seem to be armed. “Hello?” She questioned, raising her voice so it could be heard over the noise of the rain and the drone of the airship above her head.

The one in the golden armor raised its head slightly and stepped forward briskly. “You speak the language of our foes...” I began, making Tras’ni raise her eyebrows. “What do you call yourself blackskin?”

It spoke Chelian? That was definitely a surprise. She straightened, trying to make herself seem like someone from a noble clan despite her drenched hair and armor with mud caked around her boots. “I am Tras’ni Vel’Sharen, Granddaughter to Sarv’swati Vel’Sharen.” She’d gotten so used to using her title that she hadn’t stopped to consider the fact that this creature probably didn’t know who Sarv’swati was. “Who are you?”

The creature did not respond, rather it began pacing from left to right and back again, all the while keeping its eyes locked with hers. “You do not look human...” It finally spoke. “What are you?” Incredible...did this creature have no respect?!

“You did not give your name.” She told it, placing her hands behind her back and trying to stand ever straighter, not like it would have mattered, this creature was still quite a bit taller than she was.

“You will answer my question!” It growled, slouching over and pushing its arms out slightly, one of its hands hovering over an object attached to its right thigh. The other creatures accompanying it visibly tensed, as if readying for battle, with the bird creatures bringing their shields out in front of them and the smaller creatures hobbling forward slightly.

“I will ask for your name once more, creature, after which I will answer your question.” Tras’ni pointed out, her hands once again moving to her blade.

The creature quickly grabbed the device from its thigh and took a threatening step forward. “THON!!!” it stopped as another voice bellowed form another one of the tall creatures as it descended from the airship. This one wore armor of the same style as the gold one, however his armor was colored a copper orange, and the knee guards tapered off into points and seemed like they had been improperly forged, the surface being bumpy and uneven, though this seemed to be more an aesthetic choice based on the symmetrical nature.

The other creature placed the object back on its thigh as it turned to face the newcomer, bringing its right hand to its chest in a closed fist and bowing its head. The other creatures followed suit, either mimicking the gesture or simply bowing their heads. This one definitely commanded respect...a noble of some kind?

The newcomer header over to the one in gold armor and began speaking to it in a tongue that Trasni didn’t recognise. She wasn’t sure what they were saying as they argued back and forth, however Tras’ni could tell that the newcomer was either angry or at the very least displeased with the one in gold.

Eventually, the newcomer broke off the conversation and began walking towards the Vel’Sharen, this time calmly, though Tras’ni kept her hand on her blade just in case. It stopped about three paces from her, looking her in the eyes, then down at her sword, then back at her eyes. “I am Shipmaster Noga’Ymerai of the Battlecruiser Solemn Night...I don’t believe that my Army Master has made a proper introduction.”

Tras’ni relaxed slightly, letting her hand fall from the hilt of her sword. “Well met, Shipmaster Noga’Ymerai.” She responded. “Might I ask why you’ve come here to this...town.” She actually had to resist the urge to call the town a shithole.

Noga took a quick glance around at the Sharen and Black Sun defenders, seemingly sizing them up and weighing his options. “We come from beyond the stars, sent here with a mission to search for new life and civilizations.” He replied matter-of-factly. “I believe we have just accomplished our goals.” The last part he added with a hint of humor in his voice.

Tras’ni looked him over...she wasn’t quite sure if he was telling the truth, some of those under his command had seemed rather aggressive. “Do you want something from us?”

Noga shook his head. “Other than your permission to set up our landing area nearby, we do not need anything from you.”

When he said that, Tras’ni sensed an opportunity. The Sarghress had been advancing on them for quite some time, and outnumbered she could not see her garrison pushing them back. However with these creatures aiding her? “I can grant you your request...on one condition.”

Noga tilted his head. “Condition?”

“Yes. You see, we are presently at war with an enemy faction...right now we are outnumbered...we could use your assistance.” She explained. “These are my terms.”

Noga immediately stepped forward, until he was standing arms length from her. “I would be more tha happy to accept your terms.”

----------------------------------------------------

For those of you unsure, Noga and company flew in on a Lich

aceofAces
Demon

Postby CorThunder » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:08 am

Cool beans. I'm intrigued. Keep the story alive!
CorThunder
Nether Spawn

Postby aceofAces » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Trying to amigo! Definitely trying to.

But I must ask since my own curiosity would not forgive me if I did not ask, but what has you intrigued?
aceofAces
Demon

Postby aceofAces » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:18 am

------ May 15th, 2557 - Year 1114 - 0021hrs ------

It had taken the team of ONI engineers a good eight hours for them to set up the assembly gantry...and another two for them to bolt his armor, piece by piece, onto the gel and ballistic polymer under layer that he wore. The seven engineers scrambled to quickly strap on his MJOLNIR Mk-VII before he would be given orders of deployment. The captain had been rotating out recon sorties for the past six hours, while the damage teams scurried over the ship, repairing the holes burned in her armor, and Francis-135 was eager to get out there and do the job he'd trained to do over thirty years ago.

Normally he'd be wearing his armor already, but he'd been reassigned right after he'd given his closing speech to a fresh batch of SPARTAN-IVs that were shipping off to active duty aboard UNSC Infinity, and he hadn't had time to don it before he'd boarded the the Valor. He didn't know why ONI had requested him for what amounted to a survey mission, and quite frankly he didn't care. He was a soldier, and he'd follow his orders regardless.

"Alright, your all buttoned up sir!" One of the technicians told him. "I'll be bringing your systems online now." Francis' only reply was a slight nod to the technician as the other techs dispersed to report to other duty stations in the cargo hold of the ship. Soon his HUD lit up, to the lower left was his motion tracker, the top center was his shield meter, and two zones to the top left and right would display his grenade and weapon data.

"All systems green. Good work." He said reporting both his status and congratulating the tech on his job. Francis, now clad in a literal half-ton of cutting edge armor, headed to the nearest weapons locker, and grabbed a BR85HB Battle Rifle, a M6H Sidearm, with plenty of clips for both weapons, and quickly reported to the starboard hangar bay.

"SPARTAN-135, report to Pelican One-Four for deployment." The ships AI, Overclock reported in the SPARTAN's helmet. Francis quickly made his way towards the forward landing pad, where a single Pelican waited, near it were five Marines, standing fully armed and armored and ready for deployment.

As he got closer to the group of marines clustered to the rear of the Pelican they turned towards him, their faces gaining the look of uneasiness and nervousness at the sight of the towering fully armored SPARTAN. "SPARTAN Francis-135, reporting."

One of the Marines stepped forward. "What rank are you, SPARTAN?" He asked, betraying his heavy British accent

"Staff Sergeant."

The Marine smiled at him. "Then that makes you squad leader, sir!" He stepped back and straightened. "Lance Corporal Terrance Sheffield." He then introduced the rest of the squad, motioning to each of the marines as he called out their name and rank. "This is Private First-Class Yakov Pasternak, Private Tara Donnel, Private Zheng Cheung, and Private Martin Cordona."

The SPARTAN nodded. "Nice to meet you all, any news on our deployment orders?"

Private Donnel merely shrugged her shoulders. "All we were told was to board the Pelican sir. No idea what we're s'pposed to be out doing." She reported.

"Right then." Francis said flatly, walking through the marine formation and up the ramp and into the Pelican. A few marines looked to each other, shrugged, and followed him aboard. Francis made his way to the front of the Pelican to the cockpit. "Pilot, Marines are loaded, we're ready to ship out."

The Co-pilot turned to him. "Alright sir, just waiting for the all-clear to ship out."

As Francis turned back into the passenger cabin the rear ramp raised and sealed up the Pelican. Half a second later the holographic projector blinked to life as the Captain in command of the Marine Corps addressed them. "Alright Marines, time to get to work!" He began. "Your being sent out on a scouting run to the southwest of the mountain range we're in. Your to recon the area and report signs of any activity, Covie or otherwise...can't be too sure what we're gonna find on this rock. You'll be out there four a tour of six hours, after which you'll receive reinforcements to set up a forward observation base, understood?"

"Understood sir." Francis reported. "We'll recon the area and report all our findings."

"Good man. You heard the SPARTAN, Marines! Good hunting!" The hologram blinked out.

------ May 15th 2557 - Year 1114 - 0043hrs ------

Ariel Val'Sarghress took up her position in the phalanx of Sarghress shields, on her left arm, a large, solid steel tower shield, and in her right hand the shaft of her lance. Ahead of her was the chaos of the enemy battle line, a disorganized group of Black Sun manning positions using cannons to try and crack open the Sarghress Golems. But the pressure that the rest of the Sarghress legion had been pushing onto them was making it difficult for them to coordinate their squads, and with their Sharen commanders having fled, it left them defenseless against the armored wall of shields.

"MOVE FORWARD!!!" The commander yelled, and the formation moved forward as one entity, heading towards the disorganized Black Sun. Most broke and ran, carrying their cannons with them, but those that stood and fought turned their cannons to the phalanx. By the time they did, the Sarghress were already on top of them.

Ariel vaulted over a crude rock wall, driving her lance into a young Black Sun girl, barely much older than herself. The Val'Sarghress tore her gaze away as a roar of a cannon filled her ears. The shell blew three Sarghress off their feet. The Phalanx simply surged forward, eager to strike the position before the gun crew had time to switch out the core for a second shot. The Black Sun broke, leaving the cannon and retreating back to the next district.

The Sarghress had won this battle, and with remarkably light casualties. Ariel scanned her surroundings as the squads dispersed to take care of the wounded, gathering them up and taking them inside houses for first aid. She quickly headed over to one of the soldiers who had been hit by the cannon blast. She was still alive, though one of her legs looked badly mangled, and she'd landed head first on the ground, opening a huge gash just above her hairline on her forehead.

"I'VE GOT WOUNDED OVER HERE!!!" Ariel hollered to the rest of the squad. Within seconds, another soldier was over, grabbing the injured soldier's legs, earning a pained wail from her. Both Ariel and the helper ignored her groans and wails as they carried her into the makeshift hospital in the main floor of an apartment building. After laying the injured soldier on a table, Ariel gazed out of the window at the street they'd just fought for. So far the war was going well, albeit slowly. She just hoped that their fortunes would stay this way.
Last edited by aceofAces on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby TheJackinati275 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Muhahahahaha

Keep Going, you are hitting gold my friend... Gold!
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby aceofAces » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:54 pm

So I've run into a brick wall here...I can't decide what to write next.

Or rather I've got two options but can't decide between the two...so I'm gonna ask you guys which one of the two you'd like to see happen.

Option 1: "The UNSC meets with a group of Sarghress Raiders."

Option 2: "The Covenant and Sharen go on the offensive on the Overworld."

Both of these options have repercussions on the rest of the plot. So let me know which one you wanna see!
aceofAces
Demon

Postby SFI » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 pm

I vote for 2 :)
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby TheJackinati275 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:47 am

Number two sounds interesting
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby aceofAces » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:08 am

Ohhhh, this is gonna be fun.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby TheJackinati275 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 am

Muhahahahahahaha!
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby aceofAces » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:57 pm

------ May 15th 2557 - Year 1114 - 0650hrs ------

"This ship is astounding!" Was Tras'ni could say when she came aboard one of the larger airships. She couldn't stop herself from looking around at the interior of the ship. The large cavernous space could easily transport the fifty soldiers coming aboard, to say nothing of the smaller ships that were accompanying them on their voyage.

"I hope you can quell your enthusiasm for the moment." Noga told her, coming up from behind. "Your troops will need you to lead them in battle for this strategy to work."

She turned to Noga. "That is if your troops can get them there!" She retorted. She didn't need to be reprimanded by him.

He let out an amused huff. "It was merely a suggestion." Her motioned for her to follow him as he made his way to the rear of the vessel. "An eager commander can easily find himself caught in a trap." They headed up to the second level and made their way towards the front.

They were presently on their way to their target, the last known location of the Sarghess Raiders that had been marching ever closer to their position. Noga had sent scouts ahead to make sure that they were still there, and they'd reported back confirming their location.

The more Tras'ni saw of their equipment, the more she was impressed with their level of technology, especially the fact that it was accomplished without a drop of mana. Long range audio and visual communication, flight and weapons with the ability to fire energy bolts, which Noga had graciously demonstrated the night before. She was certain that these technologies were to be a potent force multiplier in the coming battle. Though what had her nervous was the remarkable lack of troops they'd brought. A total of 250 armed troops, with Noga bringing the majority of that number.

"We will be arriving shortly." Noga said suddenly. So soon? These vessels were fast. "I trust you remember our plan?"

"Of course I do!" She replied angrily. Did he take her for a simpleton? "Your troops will engage the enemy and drive them to my battle lines, where we shall then trap them between our groups." She repeated what they had discussed the night before.

"Excellent." He certainly seemed enthusiastic. "Then everything is in order!" He turned to the pilot at the front of the command center and barked something to him in Sangheili, which she had found out was the name of their species. The pilot nodded his response and began his descent to the drop zone. The large airship hovered over the small clearing, and a soft humming noise signaled the activation of the vessel's gravity lift. Noga pushed his way past her towards the rear.

"You are not staying here to command your troops?" She asked him as he went. He had the technology to communicate with them from the safety of the ship. Why did he not use it?

He stopped to pick up a large golden weapon and placed it on his shoulder. "There is no need to. I can command my troops from the front lines." He continued on his way. "Besides, I prefer to lead by example than to merely shout orders at my men."

------ May 15th 2557 - Year 1114 - 0658hrs ------

Two Sarghress Raiders were standing guard on the southern edge of the camp, looking out for any sign of a Sharen assault. So far nothing had happened, but as they scanned the treeline one of them picked out movement.

"Hey, you see that?"

"No."

"I just saw something move back there."

"Your just- unholy shit WHAT IS THAT?!"

The two of them were flung into the air as a Ghost charged their position, tossing them over the vehicle's hood. The impact killing the both of them. The Ghost was one of many piloted by the Grunt advance guard that had been sent forward, the res of them charging forward from the trees as the Ghosts gunned down the Sarghress in their tents with their twin plasma cannons.

The Jackals and Elites followed soon after the wave of grunts engaged the now startled Sarghress, the Jackals charging forward to the edge of the Sarghess camp before forming into groups and locking their shields together in a shield wall before slowly advancing. The Elites fanned out to direct the battle and engage the Sarghess.

Noga was one of these Elites. "They are falling back, continue with the advance!" He yelled over the thumps of his Fuel Rod cannon, one of the rounds impacting an unarmored Sarghress dead in the chest, sending her hurtling backwards and taking out another two in the resulting explosion. He moved forward, taking cover behind a wooden defensive structure. There he spotted another Elite engaging a Sarghress in close combat.

The Sarghress gained initiative, striking at the eltie with her broadsward. The Elite sacrificed it's Strom rifle to block the strike. Stepping back as it dropped the now ruined weapon, it pulled out it's energy sword, lighting the blade and readying it for the Sarghess' second strike. The strike came in the form of a blast of wind, knocking the 300 pound warrior off his feet and onto his back.

The Sarghress quickly ran forward bringing her sword back to make a killing blow to the downed warrior. She never got the chance. A Grunt came galloping in on the left, jumping onto the Sarghres's back and scratching and pounding at her helmet and armor. She managed to shake it off, tossing the small creature to the ground before spinning around and stabbing her blade straight down into the Grunt's chest.

She would suffer a similar fate as the Elite had risen to his feet and proceeded to drive his blade through her mid back. Her last moments of life were spent looking over her shoulder at the alien that had killed her. The Sangheili did not extinguish his blade, rather he picked up the Grunts plasma pistol with his free hand and resumed his push forward.

Noga himself broke cover and followed his troops up the small hill near the center of the Sarghress camp. At this point the Sarghress had had plenty of time to set up battle lines, molding the earth itself into crude cover. There they would hold off the Covenant assault with arts and steel. "Hold your positions!" Noga screamed in Sangheili. "Fire at will! Pin them down from the front!" He then opened a comm channel to his artillery squad. "Wraiths! Target their position and open fire!"

The Sarghress, too distracted by the hail of plasma and crystalline needles showering their defenses never saw the huge bolts of blue plasma streaking in overhead. When they hit, the Sarghress defense shattered, those who did not get caught in the blasts retreated back towards the opposing treeline, hoping to get away.

Tras'ni's contingent would make sure they would not. Bursting out of the underbrush, the Black Sun and Sharen warriors fell upon the confused and disorganized Sarghress. The Covenant pressed their advantage firing at their now trapped enemy. "Wraiths! Concentrate your fire on the rear of the Sarghress lines! Prevent them from charging back at us! Banshee's you are clear to attack!"

As the Wraiths rained destruction, the banshees swooped in from above, raking the ground with their plasma cannons. The trapped Sarghress made a futile effort to try and resist the onslaught, but it was only once the signal flare from the Sharen shot into the sky that Noga ordered his troops to cease fire. The remaining Sarghress had surrendered, the battle was won.

Noga marched forward, Tras'ni having rejoined her platoon earlier to coordinate their assault. "That went better than expected." He said as he watched her forces collecting the weapons and armor of their captured adversaries.

Tras'ni couldn't help but grin from ear to ear, which to Noga was a bit off-putting. Humans did the same thing, and he didn't understand how baring ones teeth could be a sign of joy. "Better than expected? I've never seen a battle go that smoothly!" She replied.

"Then on that we can agreed." He turned to see another Sangheili officer jogging up towards him. "What is it?" Noga asked him in Sangheili.

"Shipmaster, a group of enemies managed to escape! I tried to stop them but the Grunts-!"

"Do not concern yourself brother, I will send word to Thon to send out search parties for them." Noga interrupted him, before dismissing him with a wave of his hand. The officer bowed his head before turning away. "It appears that a few of your foes have escaped our grasp." He said to Tras'ni, seeing that she could not have undrstood the exchange.

The smile quickly ran away from her face. "Well then we should go after them! We can't let them escape!"

"If we were to all head out after them they would surely evade us." Noga replied. "A large army draws too much attention, they will avoid us more easily. Our best option would be to send out smaller scouting parties, which are more nimble and make less noise." Tras'ni was about to protest but quickly stopped herself before Noga spoke again. "I will contact Thon and instruct him to deploy teams to the area. In the mean time, I believe that informing your superiors of our victory would be a wise course to take." He stepped forward and placed his hand on her shoulder. "We have won a great victory today...I think that would be a tale worth telling."
aceofAces
Demon

Postby TheJackinati275 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Awesome!

So what is next on the agenda... Halme Slaughtering?

Sarghress encountering the UNSC?

Or something else?

I cannot wait to read more
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Next

Return to Fanfics and Fanart