Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

My Random Drowtales One Shots

My Random Drowtales One Shots

Postby SFI » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:54 pm

I'll post all my Drowtales-One-Shots here. Requests are welcome ^^ First off is the story that earned me a second place in Tsukiko's Fanfic-contest :D

Now with Picture :D

Her clan had changed. That was the first thing Naal’suul thought when returning from Orthorbbae after the Nidraa’chal-war. The slaves and servants were gone, leaving the mighty fortress strangely empty.
Even her mother had changed, a strange coldness filling the Ill’haress. She never retracted her shadows now, always bearing them behind her as mighty spider-legs.
Nin’diil later told her that a tainted slave had turned against a Val, nearly killing her. She refused to say which Val though, making the young heiress wonder.
But there was a small beacon of hope – ironic considering the Clan she was from – in another pregnancy of her mother.
She was fascinated by the thought of soon no longer being the youngest of her siblings. “Is it going to take very long?” She looked at the growing belly with interest.
“A couple of moons.” Waes’soloth rested her hand on the head of her daughter lovingly. “You’ll have to wait that long still, I am afraid.”
Naal’suul pouted at that, earning a chuckle from the older female. “Have patience, Naal’suul. What are a few moons? Besides, once your sibling will be there, you will wish it wasn’t. I know your sisters did with you.”
“What, why?” The young girl demanded, hesitantly clambering onto the couch her mother was sitting on.
“Babies are loud, smelly and generally obnoxious.” There was a teasing grin on Waes’soloth’s face as she said this, helping her youngest to settle down beside her. “You’ll see that soon enough.”
“I wasn’t.” Naal objected, snuggling into the warm dress of the elder. She liked feeling the warmth and aura of her mother and smelling her scent; a mix of spider-silk and orchids of all things.
“You were.” Waes rested her arm on the small form. “All babies are. No doubt I myself was too.”
Now that made her do a double-take, looking at her mother in disbelief.
“Now, I do belief it is well past your bedtime, little Naal.” Waes’soloth chided, getting up from the couch to bring her youngest to her chambers.
“Is not.” A yawn betrayed her. Damnit. She gasped in fear when Waes’soloth came to an abrupt stop, freezing up with a hand on her middle. “Mom!”
“It is fine.” Waes’soloth smiled at her. “Your sibling just kicked. Want to see if it does again?”
Forgotten was the fact that she should be in bed. Instead they settled on the couch once more, Naal’suul now resting her head on the stomach of her mother.
“I felt it!” Naal’suul beamed, feeling the kick against her hand.
“Yes. And now to bed with you, young lady.” Waes’soloth nudged her up. “I am certain Nin’diil is already looking for you.”
“Aaawwww...”

Things returned to a semblance of normalcy afterwards. The children returned to Orthorbbae, where Naal’suul soon found she had to share rooms with a Vloz’ress. The other girl was weird.
A few weeks later the break came, Naal’suul returning to her home with no further thought to the newcomer.
Waes’soloth was meanwhile heavy with child. There was no doubt that soon she would go into labor. The empaths had told her it would be a boy, but that mattered little to the ancient matriarch. She had daughters aplenty – most with their own houses, but still – a boy would be no loss.
Naal’suul was meanwhile just excited that she might be present when her little brother would be born, though Waes’soloth was quick to point out that she’d have to stay away during the actual birth. Tradition dictated that only in emergencies would the mother be attended by more than one healer.
Her mother’s was the first Naal’suul even faintly experienced since she was among the youngest of the Clan.
It took cycles, the shadows seemingly quivering with increasing frequency.
“It’s because of Waes’soloth’s power.” Nin’diil told her as the shadows in the room they were in started to twist and claw at the stone. “She is the Queen of Shadows after all and birthing a child... Well, it hurts.”
“Hurts?” The young heir echoed.
“You’ll see yourself when you’re older. But they’ll both be fine at the end of it.” The elder female assured her.
“If it hurts I don’t want it.” Naal’suul shook her head vehemently.
“We’ll see about that, little Naal.” Nin’diil teased, looking up when someone knocked on the door.
“It is over.” It was one of Naal’suul’s elder sisters, the one that had attended to their mother. “Come, Naal’suul.”
On one hand, she was excited. On the other, she was afraid. The room was only dimly lit, the massive bed of the Ill’haress dominating it even in the gloom. Waes’soloth was resting under the silk covers, pillows supporting her frame. Sweat-pearls were on her forehead as she reached for her youngest daughter.
“Naal’suul, come here.” There was a dark-blue bundle in her arm, long black tendrils gently holding it secure against her chest. “Meet your little brother, Khal’harror.”
She clambered onto the bed, carefully moving closer to look at the baby in her mother’s embrace.
Last edited by SFI on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 18 times in total.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: My Random Drowtales One Shots

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:10 am

Excellent story!

Interesting premise too - not often are stories here about normal life rather than battle or politics.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SFI » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:38 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Excellent story!

Interesting premise too - not often are stories here about normal life rather than battle or politics.

Thank you ^-^

I felt it would be a nice change of pace :3
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:26 am

I liked this very much... much more than this fever which is killing me...
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:I liked this very much... much more than this fever which is killing me...

Thank you and hopefully you'll get rid of that fever soon then *hug*
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SFI » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:43 pm

My other entry for Tsukiko's contest: Waes'soloth meeting her demonized daughter. I personally prefered this one, but the judges begged to differ... *shrug*

What had she been thinking? What was she even doing here? What was she trying to accomplish by coming to this place?
If anyone would have realized who were walking up to the Crescent side by side, they’d have done a double-take. And then another one because of the sheer absurdity of what was happening at this moment.
It was two women who were walking up to the impressive building – currently about as empty as it could be since thousands were abandoning war-torn Chel – with both wearing cloaks.
One wore a mask with a toothy grin carved into it, bright orange hair framing it in a wild and unkempt mess. She was carrying a bag that dragged over the ground from its’ weight. It looked like it was stained red with blood.
The other was almost a good head taller than she, deep shadows hiding her face from any that might try to peek under the black fabric to perceive who would walk beside someone who so obviously was Vloz’ress.
“Is that truly necessary?” The taller woman finally broke the silence, gesturing to the bag the other was now dragging into the school itself. Ever so briefly her immaculate hand could be seen, neatly cut, black lacquered nails tipping her slender fingers as she pointed at the blood-trail.
“Well, I got to get it in somehow.” The other shrugged lightly. “Can hardly ask ye to carry it, can I?”
The other did not deign her with an answer, following her as she descended deep into Orthorbbae.
They soon came to a deep pit. Rising in front of them was a door depicting Sharess in chains.
The Vloz’ress removed her mask after dumping the bag on the ground. “Are ye sure of this?”
“Yes.” The other pulled down her hood, shadows fading to nothing. Silver eyes looked up at the carved image. “I have to come here at least once.” There was pain in Waes’soloth’s voice as she regarded the door leading to her daughter’s tomb.
“Well, I can hardly stop ye.” Kiel’ndia whispered, fishing the green keystone from with her chest-plate. She held it up to the door, the two halves separating at once in reaction to the mana radiating from the gem.
An unholy glow came from within the chamber, two hands closing around the door-edges and pushing them open further.
Later Waes’soloth would be unable to describe how she felt when Naal’suul’s body followed. The massive, grinning face where the female’s legs were supposed to be... The filth on the bare body, clothes long discarded since they had grown too small.
And the look on her face: surprised and afraid. As if she knew what she had become. If the elder woman had not seen so many terrible things in her long live, this might well have broken her. What had she been thinking when going to the Val’Vloz’ress to request the younger female take her to this dark pit?
She had truly lost her mind...
“Heya, how are ye?” The orange-haired drow had no such inner turmoil to deal with and greeted the demon like she always had: fondly. “I brought you someone that wants to see ya. Don’t go eating her, kay?”
It was as she approached, hesitantly, that she noticed the doll the two normal arms clutched. “Is that...?”
“Vel’cahal.” Kiel confirmed, stepping to the side. “She had bought that... when we were coming here. Has held on to it ever since.”
“Strangely fitting...” Waes’soloth approached even more, smelling the air of rotting and unclean flesh. “Oh... my Naal’suul...”
Instinctively she tried to reach for her daughter and hold her, but a hand closed around her arm, pulling her back. The young Vloz’ress shook her head. “Too risky. She might see you as lunch.”
“I think with all that happened... she has every right to.” She was trembling. When had been the last time she had trembled? “I am failure... As mother, as Ill’haress, as drow...”
“I doubt it.” Kiel opened the bag, pulling half a leg from it and throwing it into the room. “Ya remember that thing with Sene’kha killed by the Kyorl? I took over afterwards... But meh, doubt that would have interested ya back then, so never mind... But as I was doing that... She compared me to you - holding the clan together alone and all that – and ye know what? Even with so little emotion as she had at that point... Her voice held love, admiration. I don’t think she ever saw ye as a failure.”
The smile was microscopic, nothing more than a twitch at her mouth-corner. “Even if you are lying, thank you. I think I can see why Naal’suul liked you so much. You care not for rank.”
“Heh, in the Vloz’ress, ye gotta.” Kiel shrugged, chucking another piece of former Drow at the demon. “‘Sides, everyone switches all the time anyway, so it’s too big a bother trying to keep track.”
“Says the one not even half a century old...” With quite some hesitation she reached down herself, taking an arm from the bag to throw it at her daughter. “Who was this anyway?”
“Some dude who came into the district just to succumb to his seed.” Kiel rolled her eyes.
Too late either of them noticed the extra long arm reaching for the black-clad woman. It was like a vice, the rest of her arm going numb mere moments later. She was pretty certain she felt her bones crack under the pressure applied.
“Naal’suul...?” Arms locked around her chest, pulling her tight against the demon’s flesh. Bile rose in her throat at the foul scent now surrounding her. She felt the heat of the demon through her many layers of clothes.
Her hair mixed with that of her daughter as the younger female seemed to bury her face in her chest. She only faintly registered the soft sound of a doll falling onto cold stone.
“Naal?” The Vloz’ress girl stepped closer, reaching for one of the arms holding the Ill’haress aloft.
The other long arm shot forward, pushing her back. “Whoa!”
Finally the massive demon released Waes’soloth’s arm, using both of the long arms to help keep her up.
“I... I don’t think she means me harm...” The Val’Beldrobbaen breathed, wrapping her arms around the form of her last-born daughter as much as she could. “My Naal’suul... You are truly in there, aren’t you?”
The thought filled her with equal parts horror and joy.
The face of the demon had changed, its’ expression now more neutral than afraid.
Slowly the Val’Beldrobbaen Ill’haress was lowered back onto the ground, the two long arms releasing her while the two normal ones still held tight.
Silence fell over the dark pit, even the black demons swirling around Kiel’ndia falling silent at the sight in front of them.
Naal had shifted, releasing her mother’s arms and was now burying her head in the elder woman’s neck. Waes’soloth was gently caressing her hair with one hand, the other resting on the bare back.
“She remembered ye.” The Vloz’ress finally said, smiling at it. “Heh, should have figured she would.”
“She did.” Waes’soloth sighed softly, still caressing her daughter’s hair. “You kept her fed all these years... She chose her friend well.”
“Not that I can tell ye an interesting story about.” The Vloz’ress chuckled, thinking back to when Naal had told her exactly when they had become friends.
“So can I...” Waes’soloth looked at her, studying the face now free from the customary mask. “She held as long as she did for you just as much out of sheer principle. That is most likely why even now a part of her endures. You. Not anyone or anything else, not even me.”
It was strange, but Kiel did not think twice about this strange openness from the mysterious and closed-off Ill’haress. It probably had been decades since she had last been able to just talk to someone without them either using it against her or judging her on perceived weaknesses. It also probably helped that few would believe the Vloz’ress over the Beldrobbaen.
“Heh, seems she held both of us higher than we thought.” She said, the half-empty bag with body-parts forgotten for the time-being.
Waes’soloth made a soft sound of agreement, still holding her daughter in her arms. Maybe she had not been that mad when coming here.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: My Random Drowtales One Shots - Kharla/Kel'noz 'Romance'

Postby SFI » Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Hehe, thought up in a few minutes to be used to traumatize a friend of mine - you know who you are! - and then written down by Eltharion's request. Though I did leave out the ending, cause like hell am I gonna post THAT anywhere. And for the record, I don't hate Kel'noz, it's just that my friend loves him and goes all puppy-dog eyes over him so he was my best target. And still is, sorry Kel. Be glad I didn't write that OTHER fanfic about you I cooked up in a few minutes to traumatize her, cause then you'd be even more screwed. *ooo*

It hurt. It hurt a lot. It hurt so much he was certain he was going numb. Well no, he wasn’t. That was her power. It felt like his muscles were liquefying. Well, they probably were. Or something. He never quite figured out how her powers worked.
At this rate, he’d have all the time in the world to think about it. If her dolls could still think, that is. He noted with only faint horror that his hands had already changed. At almost the same time his legs gave out, collapsing him on the ground. Funny, he felt only apathy for his eventual fate.
Did she...?
Her bright orange hair all but filled his rapidly fading field of view.
“Sexy...” She murmured, reached for him with a gloved hand. The slender fingertips closed around the circlet resting on his forehead, pulling it off with far more care than necessary. He did not exactly feel much anymore.
The bright blue stone stood in stark contrast with all the orange and red of the fortress. It looked pretty.
She laid it down on the ground beside her as she knelt next to him. Her fingers threaded through his hair, toying with the bright-red strands at the front. Slowly they trailed to his robes: rich and vibrant purple, accented with gold.
It took her a bit to find the clasp to open it. She pulled hesitantly, revealing another layer of clothes and a necklace. It was golden, with a stone the same purple as his robes.
“Spider...” One is carved in it, crudely as if the one doing it was yet learning the craft. And yet, he had been wearing it on his heart.
For some reason, she neatly folded his clothes at her side. Maybe she would dress him up in them later once more?
For the first time, she truly looked at the body she created. Before now, all she cared for was the ability to play with them. Now... now she was interested in something else.
Despite being a doll now, he retained the muscle-tone of his life. She pulled off one of her gloves, trailing her finger down the ridges in the solid form.
It was already cooling. Soon it would be as cold as her other creations. She did not want it to cool. She hated it when things grew cold.
And yet. She hated it when they were warm and soft. She liked either, but not both.
“Sis?” Someone opened a door, the voice of Kiel drifting in. “Is everything...?”
The voice faded at the sight in front of Ven’nedia’s daughter. Kel’noz, pride of Quain’tana the Scourge of the Sharen, a doll in front of Kharla’ggen, Ill’haress of the Val’Vloz’ress. His clothes neatly laid at his side, circlet resting on top. One of the black gloves of Kharla on top of that.
“Why did you...?” This would not go over well with the wolves.
“We wanted sexy.” Kharla hissed, rising to her feet. Her new toy was all but forgotten already. She cared not for the political nightmare this would cause, the hell that would be created in vengeance for this one fallen male. The storm for daring to presume that they could become Val would be nothing against this typhoon of fury the greatest army-leader of Chel’el’sussoloth would unleash for her lost child.
What was she supposed to do? Time could not be turned back, Kharla’s arts not be undone. The wolves would be howling at their gates soon enough.
Kiel said nothing, merely nodding and leaving the room once more.
The door clicked shut.
And Kharla turned her gaze back to her newest toy. He would do. She hoisted his body up – heavier than the others – dragging it to the far-away door leading to her bedroom.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Disestablish » Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 pm

No.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SFI » Wed May 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Disestablish wrote:No.

It's Elt's fault!!!
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 pm

You Monsters... Both of you... *crying* *crying*
Dakla
Tainted

Postby SFI » Wed May 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Dakla wrote:You Monsters... Both of you... *crying* *crying*

YOU were the one who forced me to create this... this... abomination!!!!
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 pm

:O NEVER! I'm not that sick in my mind! :A
Dakla
Tainted

Postby Disestablish » Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Dakla wrote::O NEVER! I'm not that sick in my mind! :A

Yooooooooooou.
What have you allowed to happen!?
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Thu May 08, 2014 1:41 am

I...
I kinda like it.

...Oh Goddess, did I just say what I think I said?
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby SFI » Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 am

Eltharrion wrote:I...
I kinda like it.

...Oh Goddess, did I just say what I think I said?

*scoots away* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

Dakla wrote::O NEVER! I'm not that sick in my mind! :A

No, but you DID cause me to create this to punish you :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Next

Return to Fanfics and Fanart