Have Drowtales-inspired stories and art? Share it here!

DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C)

Re: Drowtales: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek & Dia

Postby Pax » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:
Pax wrote:-only- two factions from each verse, he claims, conveniently leaving out that they are the ones that will react the most violently when exposed to each other, lol. Also, HUZZAH!!! AN UPDATE!

Hey, when I aim to stir up chaos, I aim BIG.

Also, regarding your whole offer of "Brotherhood of Nod Dutan'vir Paladins"? I think I might just take up that offer....

Though I can only guess as to how the meeting of Kane and Mikilu would go.

*wee* SQUUUEEEEEEE!!!!! That was a manly squee by the way, it was in no way school-girl-like, I swear.

And those two meeting might even go kinda well, if Mikilu meets him during her whole 'wander the underworld looking for allies' bit. Though even then Kane would be pulling off a hell of a coup getting her to join up with him
Pax
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Do you have an idea when there is going to be another update?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Hiveshade » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:18 am

Well this looks like it will spiral into glorious chaos.

Hell, the only way it could be more chaotic is if you brought in the actual four gods of Chaos.

That was a joke. Please don't bring them in, the Scrin and Borg teamed up probably couldn't handle those four.

All kidding aside I do like this story.

I really like the idea of Kane there. Kane always struck me as being in a moral grey area. I mean, he doesn't seem to care about ethical constraints, but he also seems to genuinely care to some extent. According to his wiki entry (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Kane):

"He is known to have expressed seemingly genuine anger at the plight of the destitute of the slums of Rio in a non-public context."

So he does seem to care a bit.

He strikes me as being in a moral grey area. Often on the darker side of grey, but still grey. In that way he seems to be a really good fit for the Drowtales universe.

On an unrelated note, I have a question.

How will Mel'arnach view these newcomers later on?

Admitedly it's hard to tell what Mel would know (what with being imprisoned) since she knew the Dutan'vir made that suicide charge, but didn't know much about the Nidraa'chal and how they slaughtered a noticeable chunck of the city (which is rather odd now that I think about it since they happened in the same war).

But if she knows about them and Tei'kaliath would she consider their territory a place where Quain'tana couldn't reach her, and thus a safe place to flee to with Ariel (when Ariel is still young)?

EDIT:

Actually, two more questions.

How will Kiels 'friends' react to these newcomers (when it comes to the point she can hear them)? She may end up being the only one who has any idea what's going on.

Also, isn't part of the reason Shifaye'sindil fell due to overpopulation, starvation and civil war (for reference: http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.php?sid=5583)? Or am I confusing it with another city?
Hiveshade
Tik'tikki

Postby aceofAces » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:Now, I wonder. How would Mel react if Kane started telling her what Snadhya was REALLY like, as well as all her misdeeds?

Probably the same way she reacts to everyone else who says the same thing. Deny it outright and call Kane liar.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:
aceofAces wrote:
Obsidian Agent wrote:Now, I wonder. How would Mel react if Kane started telling her what Snadhya was REALLY like, as well as all her misdeeds?

Probably the same way she reacts to everyone else who says the same thing. Deny it outright and call Kane liar.

Something that would piss off the Noddies to no end - after all, who is she to call the Messiah a liar?

Couldn't he back it up with proof? but then again isn't he supposed to invade the underworld at some point to subjugate the drow presumably so i don't know why she would be listening to him in the first place if it is supposed to be after that happens.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:57 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:
ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:Couldn't he back it up with proof? but then again isn't he supposed to invade the underworld at some point to subjugate the drow presumably so i don't know why she would be listening to him in the first place if it is supposed to be after that happens.

He'll invade, but... subjugate isn't QUITE the word I'd use. "Humble" would be better. Especially applying to the Vals. And even then, well, let's just say Kane has a VERY understandable reason for invading the Underworld.

What is this reason he is invading? If i am not told the truth i will just assume it is because the tiny cats living in his beard told him so.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Its nice to see you updating and that your updates are great.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Well okay but do you have any idea when the next update will be out?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Great update.

EDIT
I do say however you might want to pick up the pace as in stop trying to cover more then you need to for this arc and move on to the next or the story might get unduly drawn out and possibly never finished.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:13 pm

While that sounds nice and won't take to long also do you have an idea when the next update will be up?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Great new update!
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:50 am

Great new update! As in its a fairly good update with it being well written and having an good story and character interactions. Also it is great you updated at all. Although once again the story overall isn't advancing that fast as in you spend to much time focusing on small things when you could be focusing more on moving the main plot onward.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Re: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C)

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:Title of the Fanfic changed. Now, it's just "DT: Legacy of Cardassia" (changed to more accurately describe the crossover nature).

Well okay that definitely could clear things up for newcomers.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Re: DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:39 am

Great update and its nice to see you building up to something big happening in that's going to happen i a little bit.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Re: DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C

Postby SFI » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 am

All the meetings and things! o.O
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart