Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C)

Re: DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C

Postby aceofAces » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:42 pm

"It's all kickin' off!" -Gavin Free
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:
Gunbird wrote:Wait, didn't the Cardassian teleported into Chel a chapter or 2 ago?

This chapter takes place over a year later. This is the beginning of Arc 2 of this story, which concerns the Nid Coup.

So di the Cardassian took over the place?

And why the G-Man is working with Q?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Gunbird wrote:
Obsidian Agent wrote:
Gunbird wrote:Wait, didn't the Cardassian teleported into Chel a chapter or 2 ago?

This chapter takes place over a year later. This is the beginning of Arc 2 of this story, which concerns the Nid Coup.

So di the Cardassian took over the place?

And why the G-Man is working with Q?

No, the Cardassians haven't taken over Chel. They still send intelligence drones there to keep up-to-date on who's who and what's what, though. Right now, they're debating on whether or not to intervene in Chel. They'll get a reason soon enough.

As for how they get along with other races, currently they have embassies in both Shifaye'sindil and Niwaecer, and are occasionally seen in Haltonreibe, Nagyasced, and various other human and Feral settlements. Basically, the Cardassian scheme for domination is this: Put the Hermionnes in charge of the humans, put the (Drow who will eventually become the) Tei'kaliath in charge of the Drow, and annex the Ferals. As for all other sentient races, well, that just depends on how useful they are.

(Yes, yes, I know Kern said that there are no humans in DT, only very very human-like goblins (whatever THAT means), but "Legacy" goes a different route, and says that there are no BASELINE humans in the DT world. Halmes, Emberi, and Hermionnes are all different subspecies of human, whose DNA was altered on some level by the Iconians.)

As for why Q's working with the G-Man... well, that's probably for a reason us mortals will never be able to comprehend.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby aceofAces » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:03 pm

If I might make a prediction as to how the Nidraa'chal war is going to go:

The Nids, because of the news of the Cardassians being a thing, see New Lakat as a threat and either launch a terror attack on the city, or attack one of the Cardassians' allies in the region (most likely the Hermionnes) as a way to reestablish Verdrowendar and, by extension, Drow racial dominance. This brings the Cardassians into the war and they deploy troops on the side of the Sharen and their allies to put down the violent clan and even though their technology gives them some initial advantages, they become bogged down in house-to-house fighting falling victim to mutated demonspawn, seeing just how effective mana arts can be.

I personally think that Snads wouldn't actually deploy her new demonic arts and would be more sparing in their use in order to orchestrate her greater plans. This may even cause the Angels to prematurely act, but would probably be unlikely as I don't think Snads knows about them.

Again this is just a theory.

Keep writing mate.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:38 pm

aceofAces wrote:If I might make a prediction as to how the Nidraa'chal war is going to go:

The Nids, because of the news of the Cardassians being a thing, see New Lakat as a threat and either launch a terror attack on the city, or attack one of the Cardassians' allies in the region (most likely the Hermionnes) as a way to reestablish Verdrowendar and, by extension, Drow racial dominance. This brings the Cardassians into the war and they deploy troops on the side of the Sharen and their allies to put down the violent clan and even though their technology gives them some initial advantages, they become bogged down in house-to-house fighting falling victim to mutated demonspawn, seeing just how effective mana arts can be.

I personally think that Snads wouldn't actually deploy her new demonic arts and would be more sparing in their use in order to orchestrate her greater plans. This may even cause the Angels to prematurely act, but would probably be unlikely as I don't think Snads knows about them.

Again this is just a theory.

Keep writing mate.

You're partially right. The Nids DO show up in New Lakat, but with different goals. Their actions still bring the Cardassians into the war, however. And while this is where Diablo-verse factions first make themselves known, Snadhya IS going to use her new magic sparingly. It's mostly going to be Edran who's using the Demonic Magic.

However, the only angels who know that Snadhya is the leader of the Nids are Tyrael, Vandriel, and Suvael. The reason they're keeping it a secret is to prevent one of their troops from blabbing it out, and so that no hot-head tries to act on his own and fuck everything up.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue May 31, 2016 7:53 am

Chapter Thirty-One

"In war, honor and an empty sack, when put together... are worth the sack."
- Anonymous Cardassian soldier during the Nidra’chaal War.

Haltonreibe

Mykon Vanarian sighed, placing his mug of ale down on the table. Today had not been a good day. Between the increasing viciousness of Drow attacks on farmland, Nagyasced's continued descent into religious fanaticism, and the accursed Hermionnes' alliance with the Cardassians making them even more powerful, it seemed like the world was ready to tear itself apart. He was about to take another sip, when a knocking came on the door. He placed the mug back on the table, and walked over to the door. He knew it wasn't his wife, since she was upstairs reading to their young son Dannik, and he wasn't expecting any guests. Cautiously, he reached for his hatchet as he walked towards the door, ready to swing it should he need to. Slowly turning the handle, he opened the door. And found himself face-to-face with a tall, green-haired male Drowussu.

"Mykon..." the Ssu man began, pulling his hood down as he stepped in the door, a smile on his face. "Is that any way to greet an old friend?" Mykon sighed in relief as the Ssu man stepped forward, and put the hatchet back.

"Zanor. Thank Heaven it's only you. Can I get you anything? Some cheese, or beer, perhaps?"

"No, thank you." the Drowussu said to the Halme, sighing. "I'm afraid I don't have the time for food. Just enough to tell you the important stuff." Mykon raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"Well, for starters, the laths are tearing themselves apart even faster than usual. Some group called the 'Nidra’chaal' has got them turning their whole society inside-out. And to make things even better, there's a chance that the Cardassians might get themselves involved in that mess." Mykon's eyes widened.

"You're serious?" he asked. Zanor nodded, and Mykon grinned. "Perfect. With the laths self-destructing, and the Cardassians throwing themselves upon them, we'll finally be able to strike back at them. We'll make them suffer tenfold what they've inflicted on both our peoples."

"And more importantly, we'll be able to get our hands on Cardassian technology." Zanor replied. "With our moles in Niwaecer's Halme population, it will be a simple matter to copy it." Mykon chuckled.

"All according to Kane's plan." he said. Zanor grinned and nodded again, before turning around.

"Well, that's all the time I have for tonight." the Drowussu said, as he started to head out the door. "Until we meet again. One vision..."

"One purpose."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
New Lakat

Tret, having finished his red leaf tea, began walking over to the replicator to order another one when the lounge's automatic doors slid open. Turning around, he saw both Evek and Sakor walk in and head towards the bar. The fact that both men had grim looks on their faces was more than enough to tell him that their days had been even worse than his.

"Well, gentlemen, it looks like you two have had better days." Tret said as he walked over to them. Evek frowned, and Sakor snorted.

"That's one way of putting it." Sakor said, snarling. "I've been busy taking out those damn Black Suns. Those bastards keep raiding caravans from Niwaecer and Shifaye'sindil. Sure, we mop 'em up easily enough, but the sheer number of times they attack is getting fucking ridiculous." Sakor then turned to the bartender, and ordered a bottle of kanar, before facing Tret again. "And don't get me started on those damn Gimirri, either. Bunch of pathetic Klingon-wannabes, all of them."

"And, I take it your day was equally bad?" Tret asked Evek.

"More or less." Evek said with a sigh. "Ran into a Borg probe-ship while on patrol. Managed to destroy it, but not before it blew a hole in the Vetar. My ship's currently being repaired, but I have no idea how long it will take."

"And add the fact that we might be getting ourselves involved in Chel, and we now have the crappiest day we've had since arriving on this planet." Sakor spat out his drink at this news.

"WHAT?" he asked after he stopped coughing. "Why are we getting involved in THAT shithole?"

"I said we MIGHT be intervening there. It all depends on what the Detapa Council decides on." Tret replied. "And as to why, well, let's just say it involves everyone's favorite cult of red-eyed lunatics."

"The Nidraa'chal?" Evek asked. "Why would we go to war with them? They can't attack us here.

"Oh, various reasons." Tret replied. "Some politicians just want to help out. Others want to try and get leverage with Chel's clans. Still others sat that we haven't showed Chel our full might, and we should nip any potential... annoyances... in the bud."

"So, in other words, it's politics as usual." Sakor said, shaking his head. "Bartender! I'd like to buy two more drinks each for all three of us. Seems we've all had LONG days."

Three hours later....

Evek stumbled through his house, heavily drunk after his night with Tret Morke'el and Ravel Sakor. Oh, he was going to regret this in the morning. Despite the fact that the Cardassian liver was more than three times as efficient at processing alcohol as those of most other sentient species, two facts remained that he just couldn't deny. The first, was that he'd had an almost obscene amount of hard liquor at the bar - including five shots of some Terran drink called "Tequila". The second was that he wasn't getting any younger, and what a man like Morke'el or Sakor could handle, he no longer could. And while none of the three guls would be happy campers the next morning, he especially would be miserable.

As he walked through his kitchen, a savory aroma caught his attention. He followed the scent, until after a few seconds, he found its source. A slightly-opened bag of smoked, greenish meat. Zabu jerky. He thought. Been forever since I had any. He paused for a bit, unable to remember if he'd opened the bag earlier. Had he been sober, he would certainly have remembered if he'd opened it or not, but in his inebriated state, that proved to be nigh-impossible. He hesitated for a few seconds before grabbing one. Ah, what the hell. He thought, as he bit down on the strip of meat and chewed it, savoring the smoky flavor before swallowing it. He was just about to reach for another piece, when a sharp pain shot through his chest.

As he clutched his chest, vainly attempting to stop the agony, his eyes began to water, and he fell to the floor. As he struggled to get back up, his breathing became increasingly labored and he collapsed again, this time landing on his back. His legs started to go numb, and he found it impossible to stand up. As his vision started to fade, he caught a brief glimmer from the corner of his eye. Some of the shadows had started to bend and distort, and from them, a Drowolath woman with red eyes and a mock smile emerged. Shadow sorcery... Evek thought, as his life began to ebb and flow from his body. His face began to twist into an expression of pure rage, as he realized all too late what was happening. The Drowolath woman noticed this, and held out a small bottle in front of him, confirming his theory.

"You..." Evek gasped, his voice little more than a whisper now. "Bitch." Half a second later, his body stopped twitching, his eyes glazed over, and he breathed his last. The Drow woman smirked, before pulling out a stone from her pocket.

"Lord Edran..." she began, speaking into the stone. "The task is complete. Gul Aman Evek is dead."

"Excellent." the voice on the other side replied. "With such a high-ranking officer assassinated, the Cardassians will have no choice but to enter our little war. And THAT is when the fun begins."

"Understood." she said, smirking even wider now. "Say, could you open up another portal and get me out of here?"

"But of course." Edran replied. A shimmering blue and white ring of light materialized behind the Drow woman, and she stepped through, leaving no trace of her presence here. No presence, that is, except for the poison. Which would certainly be analyzed and identified, which would give away its Chelian - and specifically, Nidraa'chal - origin. All of which would be enough to drag the Cardassians into the war currently ripping apart Chel'el'sussuloth, where they too, would play their role in abolishing the old order, and bringing in the new.

All according to plan.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Tue May 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Good chapter and it is great to see that your updating again!
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Tue May 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Why is a Drowussu working for the brotherhood? I thought Kane would not work with the drow for some reason.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue May 31, 2016 4:39 pm

That's in the "Destructible Times" universe, where he was on Earth before the Drow showed up. In this universe, things are a bit different. Kane allows Drowussu into Nod's ranks, but not Drowolath, in "Legacy".
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Tue May 31, 2016 4:50 pm

But how did he convents some Suu to join? Were they Kyorl’solenurn outcast?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue May 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Some were. Others were escaped slaves from Nuqrah'shareh, who were looking for someone - anyone - who could improve their lot in life. And found (much to their surprise) that Kane was both willing and able to do that. For Kane is more than he appears....
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:58 am

Alright, confession time. "Legacy" won't be completed.

The first reason, is simply time. Drowtales is coming to an end, and most likely I wouldn't even come close to finishing this 'fic.

Second, and this is the bigger reason: I've become increasingly disillusioned with DT - and I'm not the only one. Multiple unpleasant things came to light, and a few bad experiences with what I perceived to be the more... sycophantic... members of the fandom all put a bad taste in my mouth.

In any case, here's how Legacy - which was both a crossover AND a Fix Fic (basically, taking out the elements I disagreed with, and replacing them with better ones) - would have played out.

Arc 2: The Nidraa'chal Coup.
After discovering Gul Evek's corpse, Tret Morke'el and Ravel Sakor would have discovered a link to the Nidraa'chal, which would have been cause for war in Chel. Both men would have been promoted to the rank of Legate by the Detapa Council, with Tret overseeing the fleet, and Ravel overseeing the army. Ravel would lead the Cardassian Mechanized Infantry into Chel, and the Cardassians would score some very important early victories. That is, until Edran set up sacrificial sites, and got the Cardassians to bombard them, which would summon the Demonic Legion (these are Diablo-verse demons, not DT-verse ones). Chel would spiral further into Chaos as the Cardassians and Val'Sharen fought side-by-side to deal with this massive outside-context problem, and we'd have seen Ravel and Sil'lice pull off a "Back-to-Back Badasses" moment - Sil'lice using her sword and ice sorcery, Ravel pulling out his disruptor pistols. Things go even further out-of-control when the Angels, led by Suvael and Vandriel (the two angelic lieutenants Tyrael was talking to) arrive. Soon, the combined Cardassian-Val'Sharen-Angel Alliance gains the upper hand against the Demonic Legion, and wins. Though, Sil'lice still falls for Kalki and Snadhya's trap. The War ends similarly to how it did in canon, though with Chel even more fucked up. Right from the beginning, the Cardassians know that the Vel'Sharen's claims of Sil'lice being the traitor are bullshit, but they play along, to lure the Vel'Sharen into a false sense of security. And the Angels make it abundantly clear to everyone what the difference between the aura and the soul is - basically, it's as Edran said. The aura is a body-soul gradient unique to fae. And Vandriel (one of the Angels) also single-handedly takes on over a hundred Nid troops... and wins. Easily.

Arc 3: Rescue Faen, Visit Vanaheimr.
Sixteen years after the Nidraa'chal War came to an end, things have gotten relatively quiet in Chel. Sure, the Cardassians regularly show up to hunt down remaining Nids (as well as harass the populace), but other than that, things proceed as they do in canon, right up to when Faen leaves. Ariel still assembles her team of Vaelia, Rik'shakar, Melodia, Shan, Chiri, Liriel, and Kyo'nne, but we see a few new faces. Akellen Morek - a young Cardassian officer who's leading an investigation team in Chel, Tekheny Rusot - a Cardassian doctor who's the field medic in Akellen's team, and Telek Antran, the sniper in that team. These three men (okay, that's kind of pushing it with Akellen and Telek, who are still in their late teens - Cardassians place a high value on military service, after all, and recruit young) get saddled with Ariel's team after they learn that their path will take them through Cardassian territory - and Cardassians aren't exactly the most welcoming people. When they make it to the surface, they're greeted by some of Akellen and co's friends, who got dragged into this on the basis of "If we have to suffer through this, you do too". These people are: Corat Entek; a young Cardassian teen with a love of high-explosives, Jezz'sa Tei'kaliath; who we met much earlier, and is now all grown up - and specializing in wood sorcery, Kenrol; a Feral scout and stealth expert (and knife nut), Lief Sindrisson; a Hermionne swordsman and gunslinger and a close friend of Akellen's, and finally Baldrick; a foul-smelling, dim-witted Halme who's pretty much just Baldrick from "Blackadder" imported into this setting. The outing goes, for the most part, similar to how it did in canon, right up until the point where the party would have split up. Instead, at this point, a horde of skeletons begins attacking our heroes, and it's the arrival of Suvael (another Angel) that saves them.

While that's going on, we find out that the Brotherhood of Nod is planning things, and several members - a mix of Halmes, Emberi, and Drowussu - hold a cryptic, Seele-esque conversation. Mikilu, Sker, and a few other Dutan'vir end up joining the Brotherhood, and come face-to-face with... Kane himself.

Back to our heroes, Akellen eventually finds an incredibly old book that contains a lot of lore on both Angels and Demons, written by someone called "Abel of the Nephalem". That last part gets Suvael's attention, and he reveals who the Nephalem were - a race of incredibly powerful proto-humans, who were Angel-Demon hybrids. This, in turn, makes Suvael cautious, since if their ARE Nephalem here, it could further throw things into chaos.

Back in Chel, we see that Sene'kha still had her crazy plan, only this time, it was even worse. She had discovered some ancient artifacts that would allow her to modify Kharla's mind control/dollification so that it would affect not only fae, but all sentient life, period. What's more, the Vloz'ress have also discovered an Iconian gateway - a portal device built 200,000 years prior by the mysterious Iconian race, and are planning to use it to spread Kharla's attack all over the planet.

Mel would also meet Edran. Just... think about that. We also learn that Edran's genetic experiment has succeeded, and Drow who give birth on the surface... give birth to Drow.

Anyway, back to our heroes. Kyo'nne's "Woman of Cheese" plan fails, so, they go with Entek's plan. Aka, the "Old Man Henderson" approach to problem-solving. Entek sets explosives up at random around Nagyasced, and sets them off, and in the confusion, they run in, guns blazing, and rescue Faen before bath time can commence. The Highland Raiders show up, only to discover that everything they've come to do has already been taken care of, leading to much awkwardness. Not long after, Akellen gets a disturbing message. Apparently, all mana emissions from Vanaheimr have abruptly stopped, and no one knows why. So, they meet up with some more Cardassian troops, as well as Cardassian Intelligence Bureau operative Joret Boheeka. So, the now larger group marches off to Vanaheimr, and leaves Nagyasced for the Hermionnes.

When they get to Vanaheimr, they discover something horrifying. The entire population has been butchered. And there are demonic weapons everywhere, as well as the corpses of various demons. As they continue forward, they come across a cave entrance that the demons apparently used to enter. Suvael forms a team of Cardassian Infantrymen and Highland Raiders to go down and take out any portals that the demons could use to enter the mortal realm. As they descend, they find increasingly grizzly sights - at least, grizzly to the Cardassians. The Vanir had been mutilated by what appears to be a giant cleaver. This alone makes Suvael worried, as he knows exactly what this means. Soon, after fighting their way through some imps, the Cardassian/Sarghress team stumbles across the culprit. An obese demon wearing an apron and carrying cleavers. The Butcher. The Butcher takes one look at the intruders, smiles, and says "Ah. Fresh meat."

It's a bloodbath. Despite the demon's size, it moves with lightning speed, crushing all in its path. Akellen and some others take shelter behind a stalagmite, while Akellen hatches a plan. He takes one of his disruptor pistols, rolls it in light elf flesh, and enters a sequence into his tricorder so he can set the pistol to overload remotely. After hearing the Butcher's seemingly inane yells of "Zombie Flesh Good! Human Flesh Better! Elf Flesh Best!" and "Veggies Bad, Meat GOOD!" Akellen gets the Butcher's attention, and throws the meat-covered disruptor pistol into the Butcher's mouth. While the Butcher is distracted and swallows his snack, Akellen presses a button on his tricorder which causes the disruptor pistol to overload and explode, nearly vaporizing the Butcher in the explosion.

There's not much time to celebrate, however, before an even more sinister figure emerges from the shadows. Duriel, Lord of Pain, and one of the Seven Lords of the Burning Hells. Duriel offers some cryptic threats, and then slices a Highland Raider in half, just for the sake of inflicting pain on something, before retreating back into the shadows, and sealing the portal behind him.

Their job complete, the survivors return to the surface to inform the others of what went on down there. The party splits up, with Akellen, Tekheny, and Telek heading back to Chel as well, to meet up with their old unit and explain the various goings-on. Though this time, they have Suvael with them. So, not only do they go back there, but they also decide to get some intelligence on the Sarghress as well. It's here that Akellen and Suvael discover that Sil'lice is still alive - and they meet Kau and Shala.

Anyway, the rest of the arc follows canon mostly (Sene'kha is executed, Naal has her seed take over, yadda yadda yadda), and the arc closes.

Arc 4: From the Skies:
Tiberium finally lands on that world, and everyone's in a rush to control it. King Wotannas of the Hermionnes begins an unprecedented campaign of aggression, annexing lands like there's no tomorrow, which deeply concerns the Cardassians, especially since they gave the Hermionnes some of their tech - not their best tech, but still. Wotannas falls into madness, going from a boisterous but reasonable authority figure into a Stalin-expy. The Hermionnes eventually conquer the last of the Halme and Emberi lands, but before Wotannas can really celebrate, he's killed. Poisoned by his mistress and his mysterious advisor. An advisor, who we soon learn, is actually Kane, who planned this from the start. Niwaecer falls into Civil War afterwards, Tyrros eventually succeeds his father, and the Brotherhood of Nod begins to make itself known...

Arc 5: The First Tiberian War:
The Cardassians and Brotherhood of Nod are in open war with each other for control of Tiberium. Storywise, it goes very similarly to both C&C 1 and C&C: Renegade. Akellen - now a Glinn (a mid-tier officer) - first meets Tur'geis and Die'tra during this war. Kane is seemingly killed when the Cardassians call in an orbital strike on his Temple, and things calm down.

Arc 6: The Second Tiberian War:
Tiberium continues to spread, and this is where Wham Episodes would hit. Chel (and most of the Underworld) falls to the Brotherhood of Nod. Kane turns out to have survived the orbital strike. The Cardassians begin their counter-attack. We learn of Kane's plan to forcibly convert all life on that world into Tiberium-based life (like he had in C&C: Tiberian Sun). Only, in this case, this plan is a fake. His real plan involves sending missiles filled with Tiberium and tricobalt crashing into seven of the planet's moons - moons which are much, much less massive than they should be. The seven moons are revealed to be false, and are destroyed. The true purpose of these moons are actually arcane inhibitors - preventing the natives of this planet - fae and non-fae alike from being able to use Diablo-verse magic (except under specific conditions). Kane drops another bombshell. He was the one who gave the elves civilization in the first place, and hoped they would lead the other races by example. Needless to say, he was less-than-pleased. We also learn that Kane is actually a Nephalem. Then Q shows up. And he REALLY rips into Drow-kind, calling them "a bunch of self-important troglodytes who somehow lucked out in the arcane lottery". Eventually, things get sorted out, Kane disappears, and the war ends, though the future is uncertain, what with people of all races being able to use magic now.

Arc 7: Assimilation.
The Borg show up, and eventually are driven off. The Free Borg Alliance also arrives and lends a hand in driving off the main Borg force. CABAL - Nod's chief A.I. - begins to act a little loopy.

Arc 8: Firestorm.
Basically, the Firestorm Crisis from canon C&C. Only, this time it turns out that CABAL lured the Borg to DT world. And is working with Snadhya and Edran. Ends when the Cardassians, Free Borg, Brotherhood of Nod, and other factions take out CABAL's main core, but CABAL detonates a Liquid Tiberium bomb, luring the Scrin to DT world. Yay.

Arc 9: Interstellar Siege.
The war against the Scrin rages on! Kane returns, and quotes Scripture! Specifically, the line about Lazarus rising from the grave, which he refers to as "an act carried out by another of my kind" - another Nephalem. Nuqrah'shareh gets blasted by the Scrin and is abandoned. Things get crazy.

Arc 10: Peacemaker My Ass!
Snadhya'rune tries to make peace between the various factions. Ends up showing her true colors, and gets captured by the Cardassian/Nod/Free Borg/Hermionne/Nuqrahn Alliance, and put on trial for war crimes, what with everything regarding the Nids, Borg, and Scrin.

Arc 11: Monstrous Nightmare.
Snadhya, in an attempt to escape her fate, summons the Lords of the Burning Hells, and basically causes the Eclipse from "Berserk" to go down in Chel - many main characters die, and the survivors scramble, trying to get back on their feet. Snadhya has now become a full-fledged high-level demoness, and things look grim.

Arc 12: Hell March.
Demon-slaying fun-times ahoy! Snadders is defeated, and the Lords of the Burning Hells slain, their souls absorbed into the Black Soulstone. Unfortunately, Edran steals the stone, plonks it into someone's forehead, and that person gets taken over by the now-fused Lords of Hell. Diablo has the dominant personality. More fun-times ahead. Edran is killed, however, thankfully, by the surviving heroes.

Arc 13: The Final Showdown.
Basically, the final act of Diablo III. The heroes have to stop Diablo from taking over the High Heavens.

Arc 14: Epilogue.
Ten years later...

Anyway, this was the plan for "Legacy". If you want, you can write fanfics set in this universe. I don't really care. I don't really spend much time on the forums anymore, anyway. I am active on ASVS, though (and so are Gunbird, Basileus, and IkaikaKekai).
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Really you're going to abandon this fic? That's a damn shame this was one of the best fanfictions I've ever read and it will be sorely missed!

Also DT is coming to an end? I haven't been keeping up so well as of late but I thought it was still pretty far from ending(Or at least the story being focused on happenings in the Underworld would end.)? And also just what unpleasantness has come to light, I'm completely in the dark about this?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:34 pm

@TGTG:

Kern said on one of his stream that Moonless Age will end around 2018. When was the last time you been on percarto or seen the new feed?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Gunbird wrote:@TGTG:

Kern said on one of his stream that Moonless Age will end around 2018. When was the last time you been on percarto or seen the new feed?

Ever since Total War: Warhammer came out around may last year I haven't attended a single Saturday stream, and I haven't been keeping up with new updates that well either.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart