Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C)

Re: DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:Also, Both the Borg and Scrin mentioned "Increased Incubator Activity". Which means that, even though they won't have a role in the story, these guys:

Exist in this universe as well. And are locked in a three-way-war with the Borg and Scrin.

Ooooh! So I can sell 'my' soul for power? Shiny!
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Pax » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:33 am

so... none of the soon to be born/currently young little drow girls gonna get soul gem'd? aww... still, that is a level of mind numbing terror that I actually find hard to wrap my... aww who am I kidding, sounds like a thursday afternoon with how my inner muses run things, haha.
Pax
Nether Seed

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:46 am

Also, remember how Q said that he had to return the "Crawling Chaos" to his prison? Who could such a being be, to warrant the name "Crawling Chaos"? Well....
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Gunbird » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 am

This story is not going to go full H. P. Lovecraft, is it?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:10 am

No, not full Lovecraft. Granted, there will be a few Eldritch Abominations here and there, but they're mostly in the background.

And the Borg-Scrin-Incubator War (well, it's mostly the Borg and Scrin, with the Incubators mainly popping in from time to time) can reach Lovecraftian scales, mainly because of how BIG it is, and how small and helpless the main characters feel when they learn of it.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:29 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:Sometime soon. Chapter 30 will probably be here either Thursday or Friday.

Said the Obsidian agent over two weeks ago.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Obsidian Agent » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:47 pm

ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:
Obsidian Agent wrote:Sometime soon. Chapter 30 will probably be here either Thursday or Friday.

Yeah, well, work can take unexpected turns.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:
ThatGuyThisGuy wrote:

Yeah, well, work can take unexpected turns.

May aliens unexpected turn up and kidnap you off to an amazing (but not awesome) holiday planet :)
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:20 am

On another note, I've just gotta ask everyone this: Who's your favorite character in "Legacy" so far? Tret Morke'el? Edran? Foreman-837? Another OC? Or one of the Canon Characters?
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:38 am

I think Tret Morke'el is good I relly don't know.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:46 am

Chapter Thirty

"You want me to tell you about the Nids? Alright. First, let me get a few things out of the way. First, YES, Snadhya'rune was behind them. And yes, this is where we first learned of the Eternal Conflict. Now then, let's begin..."
- Legate Ravel Sakor, July 27, 2410 AD (Stardate 87568.3)

May 15, 2377 AD (Stardate 54369.2) (Year 1082 of the Moonless Age)

"And just what is holding Q this time?" Sharess asked, pacing back and forth rapidly throughout the chamber. Over the centuries, she had come to learn that her companions Q and Tyrael often had their own matters to deal with. There were, of course, the political machinations of the High Heavens and Q Continuum that the two had to partake in. But just as often were matters that concerned them, and them alone. Tyrael, for instance, had grudges with the various lords of the Burning Hells, as well as countless mortal proteges throughout the universe. While Q... Q had different obligations. Between serving as a trickster and mentor to the mortal races, and dealing with various abominations, he had developed almost a habit of running late. And while Sharess no doubt knew just how vital these missions were, that didn't stop the delays from being any less annoying.

"Patience, Sharess." Tyrael began, holding up a hand. The Archangel of Justice had worked with Q on-and-off for millennia before Sharess was born. Or, more accurately, for millennia before the elves were anything more than primitive tree-dwellers. "It will do no good to fret over his tardiness."

"Still, he agreed to-" Sharess was cut short by a flash of light that emanated from one of the corners. When the light faded, two figures had materialized in the room. One, obviously, was Q. The second, however, resembled a Halme wearing an unusual suit and carrying a briefcase. However, Sharess had come to learn that just because something looked like a Halme, didn't mean that it was.

"My... employers will certainly consider your proposal." the Halme-like entity said in a voice that sent chills down Sharess' spine. Or would have, had she still had a corporeal form. Whatever Q's companion was, he was just different enough from a Halme to be unnerving. His voice, most of all. The way he spoke made it sound like speech was an alien concept to him, and that he had only learned it through limited observation.

"As well they should." Q replied, a smirk on his face. "Anything to knock those arrogant slugs down a peg."

"If you don't mind, I'll be taking my leave now." Q's companion said. "Our newest employee still has much training to undergo - I'm sure you understand." A green and white portal opened up, and Q's companion stepped through. "Until we meet again." Q turned around.

"Now, where were we? Oh yes! Thwarting the Prime Evils' grip on your world, Sharess." Q began, as if the conversation with the mysterious stranger had never taken place. He turned to Tyrael, the smirk still on his face. "I understand two of your lieutenants have been busy, preparing for Hell's strike." Tyrael nodded, and as if on cue, a pillar of light shot up from the chamber's floor. When it faded, two angels clad in armor stood, swords in their hands. The first angel had wings of golden light, and wore a helmet in the shape of an eagle's head. The second had wings of blue-white light, and wore a simple hood over the shadowy mass that served as his head.

"Vandriel." Tyrael said, referring to the golden-winged one. "And Suvael. You know why I have summoned you."

"Yes, Lord Tyrael." the two angels said in unison. Tyrael nodded.

"And that purpose is?" the Archangel of Justice asked.

"To see if we are ready for the battle to come!" Vandriel replied, bloodlust in his voice.

"But more importantly..." Suvael began, his voice both deeper and calmer than Vandriel's. "To review the proper strategy. Especially timing. We must wait until after Hell has made its first move in the current coup in Chel. And even then, wait until after a certain amount of time has passed."

"Make it look like a standard angelic response." Vandriel said, gripping his sword. "Lull Diablo and his forces into a false sense of security." Tyrael nodded again.

"There is one more thing to mention." Tyrael began. "Under no circumstances is Snadhya'rune Val'Sharen, no matter how guilty she may be, to be attacked on this mission. To do so would immediately alert the Lords of Hell to our knowledge of their plan. Her judgement will be put aside for another day. Now, gather your troops!"

"Yes, My Lord!" the two angels said, before disappearing from the chamber.

"Now then..." Sharess began. "Tyrael has upheld his end. But what about you, Q? The Cardassians seem barely interested in stopping the Nidraa'chal." Q grinned.

"Oh, I can assure you." he began. "They will enter this war, and quite soon at that. All they need is the right push. One which the Nids, in their short-sightedness, will be all too happy to provide."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

New Lakat - Kayzok Base

Tret Morke'el sighed as he walked into the officers' lounge. Today had been a long day. Not bad, just long. From overseeing the continued construction of the Cedok Nor space station (before passing that duty on to Gul Zanok), to meeting with An'jhali at the Cardassian Embassy in Shifaye'sindil, to going over tactical plans regarding attacks from the Borg or other hostile alien races, to going to a mandatory viewing of a Hermionne opera (which he found disturbingly similar to Klingon opera), Morke'el's day had been one thing after another, with almost no rest between them. So when he finally made his way to the officer's lounge, he was more than ready to just lay around and due absolutely nothing. Well, not quite nothing. Making his way to the food replicator, Morke'el was ready to place his order.

"Red leaf tea. Iced." he said, watching as the beverage materialized in the slot before grabbing it. If there was one habit he'd picked up from Terrans, it was drinking iced tea. Most Cardassians - and indeed, most people of other races as well, including Terrans - preferred red leaf tea hot. Morke'el himself was usually in that category, but after today, he needed something refreshing and cold. He wandered over to one of the chairs in front of one of a viewscreen set to a sports network. A Parrises squares game was on, an was getting extremely heated. Three players had been forced to take a time-out after a fight had erupted. While fights weren't exactly uncommon in as rough a sport as Parrises squares, this one had ended when one of the players broke their leg after being pushed off one of the ramps. In the chairs next to him, various officers were screaming at the game in frustration, shouting profanity at the referee over what they deemed wrong calls.

All in all, a typical day.

That was, however, until the game cut out, and a "Breaking News" message covered the screen. A few seconds later, a middle-aged Cardassian anchorman appeared on the screen.

"We interrupt this broadcast for a special report. The situation in Chel'el'sussuloth degrades even further, as the Nidraa'chal begin even more brutal attacks." he began. That caught Tret's attention. The Nidraa'chal were a nasty bunch, even by the standards of Chelian Drow. Which, now that Tret thought about it, was like saying that the Female Changeling was an extremist by the standards of the Dominion. "Intelligence drones recently recorded this footage from what can best be called Downtown Chel. Warning. Viewer Discretion IS advised." The anchorman disappeared, and was replaced by footage of the war zone Chel had become. Several Nidraa'chal soldiers lobbed mana grenades into seemingly random buildings, watching as they exploded in a shower of rock and body parts. The footage changed to Val'Sharen troops being forced to retreat from a tainted dragon that had mutated into something almost unrecognizable. As the Sharen soldiers ran, they leaped over dozens of lifeless bodies, many of which were too small for comfort. A battalion of Kyorl'solenurn soldiers launched a wave of fire at the advancing Nids, reducing their flesh to ash. Morke'el thought he heard screams, but he couldn't be sure. A virtual tsunami of wartime images flooded the screen, each as horrific as the one before it. The anchorman returned to the screen. "Exactly what the Nidraa'chal's long-term goals are, are unknown. They seem to be interested in nothing more than destruction for destruction's sake." he began. "And if the situation weren't complicated enough, the Detapa Council is still in disagreement as to whether or not to intervene in Chel. This concludes the emergency broadcast. We now return to your scheduled programming." The Parrises squares game returned to the screen, the score unchanged.

So, we might actually get involved in that mess. Morke'el thought. Well.... shit.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:36 am

Yes an excellent update!
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Wait, didn't the Cardassian teleported into Chel a chapter or 2 ago?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Gunbird wrote:Wait, didn't the Cardassian teleported into Chel a chapter or 2 ago?

This chapter takes place over a year later. This is the beginning of Arc 2 of this story, which concerns the Nid Coup.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Also, in case you're wondering who that guy Q was having a conversation with was, well... it's this guy:
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart