Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C)

DT: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek, Diablo, C&C)

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 pm

An idea I'd been entertaining for a while. What if the Cardassians somehow ended up on the Drowtales world? What situations would develop? How would the inhabitants react to a starfaring race colonizing their planet? How would the Cardassians react to Fae races? In this, these questions are answered. Note: This is NOT going to be a curbstomp-fic, or anything like that. Unless something is TRULY deserving of a stomping - like, say, Twilight or Sonichu - I usually go out of my way to avoid stomps. There ARE going to be battles, but this has more to do with the Cardassians being forced to pick a side in Drow politics, rather than just invading and conquering Chel.

Time Frame: Takes place between the years 1080 - 1114 of the Moonless Age/2375 - 2409 AD. Starting just after the end of Deep Space Nine, and continuing to the events of Star Trek Online.

And now, a tale of misery and woe, trial and triumph, and sarcasm and slapstick begins...

Sharess found herself pacing around the chamber - empty, except for herself and a table with three chairs around it - for what seemed like the millionth time, waiting for her two new associates to arrive. How long she had waited, none could say, for time has no meaning in any of the Higher Planes. A minute or a billion years could have passed, it would have made little difference. Not for the first time, she wished the other two would show up already, and again, she reminded herself that they had other obligations. It seemed no matter how advanced or powerful you were, politics was always there to weigh you down.

A flash of light. From this, emerged a humanoid being, clad in golden armor, and a hood covering his head - or rather, a black mass where a head should be. From his back came tendrils of bluish-white light, and he carried a mighty sword in his right hand. Sharess smiled at the newcomer, the first of her two allies.

"I apologize for my lateness, Lady Sharess." the newcomer began. "But you know as well as I that as of late, the Angiris Council finds itself divided over petty issues. It could not be helped."

"No need to worry, Tyrael." Sharess began. "We all know how stubborn Imperius can be."

"Only too well." the Archangel of Justice replied. "So, has he come yet?" Tyrael began, referencing the third member of this Alliance.

"Not yet." Sharess began, knowing the Third's tendency to run into trouble with his superiors. "Though, if he isn't here soon - " Another flash of light caught Sharess' eye, almost as if on cue. Standing where the flash had been stood a seemingly human man, wearing black pants, boots and coat - although the gray shoulder pads on the coat prevented it from being called completely black - and red turtleneck. On his head was a chaotic mass of curly hair that seemed to reflect this being's personality.

"Late as usual, Q." Tyrael began. "Why did the Continuum hold you back this time? Back to tormenting the mortal races?"

"Oh please." Q replied. "Like they would keep me that long for something like that. No, I'm afraid this time, it was rather more severe. I was being debriefed about my recent assignment."

"You have assignments? And responsibilities?" Sharess asked incredulously.

"If you must know," Q began, "The Crawling Chaos recently escaped from his prison, and guess who was sent to put him back in?" Q sighed. "But enough of that. Now, about our plan..." It was Tyrael who first spoke up.

"I have sent several of my lieutenants to investigate your fears about the Three being involved with your people." the Archangel began. "Unfortunately, they've found that your concerns are not unfounded. There is evidence of demonic activity on your world, and I don't mean the Nether-Creatures that your people call demons, although I wish I did. Although, what the Burning Hells could want with the Drow, I don't know." Tyrael paused. "And to make matters worse, you know that Heaven won't intervene unless Hell makes the first move."

"And I am just as bogged down as you are." Q said. "The Q Continuum's policy on Heaven and Hell's 'Eternal Conflict' is that it is beneath our notice, and not worth getting involved in. However, since you said you needed our help, Sharess, I shall provide it, the best that I can." Tyrael and Sharess both turned to face Q.

"How?" Sharess asked.

"I'll send them some..." Q looked for the right word. "Visitors, who should be able to help. Although, actually getting them to help is going to be something of a challenge. But then, that's what your people live for, is it not?" Q grinned.

"Who are you sending? Not your favorite human, I hope." Tyrael began.

"Oh please, you'd really think I'd send that pompous killjoy Picard to your world?" Q began. "No, I'm sending some... different people. I'm sure that they'll be able to kill two birds with one stone." Sharess frowned.

"What do you mean, 'kill two birds with one stone'?"

"What I mean is, that elfkind - as a species - really needs to learn some humility. And what better teachers than a race that just ate their own massive slice of Humble Pie?"
Last edited by Obsidian Agent on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Drowtales: Legacy of Cardassia (X-Over w/Star Trek & Dia

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 am

Chapter One
"Of course, none of us - Drow, Cardassian, Halme, Emberi, or otherwise could have known it at the time, and indeed, none of us knew it for several decades, but the arrival of the Cardassian colonists would start a chain of events that would usher in a new age. Although, all would have wished for the Dawn of the Second Moons Age to have gone differently. Almost anything would have been preferable to the way it began."
- Excerpt from the personal journal of Ariel Val'Sarghress; Il'haress of the Sarghress, July 2, 2427 AD (Stardate 104081.74).

December 25, 2375 AD (Stardate 52995.24)
One month after the Battle of Cardassia - Final Battle of the Dominion War

"Are you sure that that's the last of them?" Gul Aman Evek, commander of the Cardassian warship Vetar asked the younger gul who appeared on the viewscreen.

"Positive." the younger man - Gul Tret Morke'el, commander of the Praldekesh replied. "All military and colony ships have entered position, ready to warp out to the Karrondak system." Tret sighed. "One-point-two million people. I don't think any colonization effort of this size has been attempted, well, ever. At least, not by Cardassians."

"You're probably right." Evek said. "However, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'm not sure if things can really get more desperate then the situation on Cardassia at the moment."

"Don't remind me." Tret began. "Last thing I want is to go back there." he paused, temporarily turning his attention to the information on a padd that a junior officer had handed him. "Eight hundred million dead. Even now, it just doesn't seem real. " Tret sighed. "This is all that bastard Dukat's fault. If he hadn't petitioned for Cardassia to join the Dominion, we'd still be a major player in Alpha Quadrant affairs, instead of relying on the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans to get our homeworld back to livable condition." Evek nodded at Tret's statement, and looked back at how Dukat's actions had ultimately lead to the worst tragedy in the last few centuries. Evek decided to change the subject, focusing no longer on the past, but on the future.

"Well then, Morke'el, is the Praldekesh ready?" he asked.

"As ready as she'll ever be." Tret replied. "Our chief engineer tells me that we can get up to Warp 9.8 for maximum safe cruising, but in emergencies we can push it to Warp 9.975 for a few minutes before the antimatter containment fields start fluctuating. All the other ships in my squadron, both military and civilian are giving me similar reports. We're ready to jump whenever you are, sir." Evek smiled at the news.

"Glad to hear it, Morke'el." he said. "Helm, patch me through to the fleet."

"Aye, sir." the young officer at the conn said, running his fingers across the control panel. "Channel open. You're on, gul." Evek nodded, before beginning to speak.

"This is Gul Aman Evek of the the CDS Vetar." he began. "As you know, we are currently setting out to the Karrondak system to begin a new life. One not only for ourselves, but for our children as well. Children who would risk poverty and despair, who would only know the might of their ancestors through history texts. Through holonovels and documentaries. Who would never know the greatness their people once had, instead relying on alien powers to get by. And what do I say to - " Before Evek could come anywhere close to finishing his speech, an alarm klaxon went off, its piercing wail all but deafening those who heard it.

"SIR!" the chief science officer - Glinn Rekon Daro - shouted. "I'm reading a massive subspace distortion bearing 411 mark 239!"

"Visual!" Evek shouted. The image that appeared on the Vetar's viewscreen was a scene straight out of hell. Space-time itself seemed to bubble and glow, and it didn't take a genius to figure out where the distortion was headed. "My God." Evek said, his voice just louder than a whisper. "Shields, SHIELDS!" he hollered. Before the shields could be raised, however, the distortion had rushed forward and consumed the Vetar. It didn't take long for the rest of the fleet to be absorbed as well.

Only to be spit out far from their original location. The crews of the over six hundred starships that made up the colonization fleet struggled for a few seconds to right their vessels, before each and every ship came to a complete stop.

"Report!" Evek barked. Daro looked up at his console, and started reading off the information displayed on it.

"No damage to us, or any ship in the fleet, really." he began. "Casualties are minimal, all systems working fine. Our position is..." Daro paled.

"Our position is what, glinn?" Evek asked.

"Our position is unknown." Daro replied.

"What do you mean, unknown?"

"Well, sir, normally I could get a rough fix on our location by matching the positions of nearby stars with those in the computer database. Supergiants would also work, due to their extreme brightness and rarity, but..."

"But what?" Evek asked, not liking where this conversation was leading.

"None of the nearby stars or supergiants match any in our databanks."
Last edited by Obsidian Agent on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby atreids5 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:32 am

Drowtales & star trek crossover I am definetly watching. And contatct with cardassians instead federation is interesting.
atreids5
Nether Seed

Postby CorThunder » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Ok.

First, yes.

Second, don't give up even if people stop commenting. Know that I'll always be interested in the fic. Unless you mess up, but I'll let you know if that happens.

Third, can you give your opinion on my fic? It's the 8-Bit Theater one.
CorThunder
Nether Spawn

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 pm

Heh, thanks!
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:37 am

Chapter Two
"As you could probably imagine, most of us were confused beyond all reason at First Contact with the Drow. Many of us refused to believe that their powers existed, that surely, they must be using some form of technology left behind by a long-extinct, yet technologically advanced race, like the Iconians or the Preservers. However, as we now know, this 'Mana' does in fact, exist, and the Drow can tap into it to perform feats that most races don't discover at least until they invent warp drive, and some that most warp-capable cultures never developed. Of course, as we learned through trial and error in the Nidra'chaal uprising, many of these 'Mana Arts' have counters, some of which don't even require Mana to use! For example...
- Legate Tret Morke'el in his speech addressing the Central Command about the Drow in general, April 30, 2382 AD (Stardate 59294.46)

Gul's Log, Stardate 52995.30. It has been several hours since the subspace distortion tossed us into this new galaxy - my chief science officer having ruled out us being shot into the far future or past as a possibility due to the lack of chronitons given off from the distortion, aside from those produced along with the wide array of other particles that would inevitably form from such an occurrence - tetryons, magnetic monopoles, top quarks, and Higgs bosons, among others. However, that is not the most interesting development.

"Are you certain?" Tret asked.

"Positive." the Praldekesh's chief science officer, Glinn Alon Rekror said. "Two M-class planets in the same star system, not even eleven light-years away." Alon ran his fingers over his console, and brought up an image of the star system in question on the Praldekesh's viewscreen. "As you can see, the third and fourth planets are both Class-M, even though at first observation, the fourth really shouldn't be."

"Oh? Is it too far from its sun?" Tret inquired.

"No sir. Orbital period of three-hundred and ninety standard days, and orbiting a yellow main-sequence star. It's right in the middle of its system's habitable zone. It's the number of moons that caught me by surprise."

"Oh?"

"Well, you see sir, the fourth planet has nine moons, all of which are rather large. The tidal forces generated by the gravitational interactions of all those moons and their parent planet SHOULD have rendered most of both the moons and their parent planet heavily volcanic. I was about to run a diagnostic on the sensors to make sure they were working correctly, when I noticed something odd. Seven of those moons are much, much lighter than they should be, given their sizes. Almost as if they were porous, or even hollow." Alon smiled slightly. "Don't you just love it when the answer to your question simply raises further questions?"

"Not particularly." Tret replied, before turning to face the viewscreen again. As he was watching the moons of the fourth planet, something unusual caught his eye. "Is that...?"

"Debris? Yes, sir." Alon said. "Something big must have hit that moon in the recent geological past, perhaps within the last thousand years or so. Personally, my guess is that a meteoroid moving at relativistic speeds was the culprit."

"If we colonize the world, will we have to worry about debris from the primary moon?"

"Not likely. Virtually all of the larger pieces have entered stable orbits around the planet, and our ships' disruptor banks could just vaporize any chunks that would pose a threat if they got to close." Tret smiled.

"Good." he said. "Contact Gul Evek and the rest of the fleet. Tell them that we've found a new home."
Last edited by Obsidian Agent on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby atreids5 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Okay wonder what their reaction would be on the natives, would it be yay slaves or will their learn from their mistakes attempt peacefull coexistence.
atreids5
Nether Seed

Postby Obsidian Agent » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:03 am

A little bit of both, depending on how relations with the native races and factions go.

Also, after the Cardassians establish First Contact with the Drow, and find themselves getting caught up in Drow politics - especially during this world's version of the Nidra'chaal Uprising and District War (among other, entirely new conflicts) - well, if this were a movie/video game/TV show/anime/whatever, you could count on this music playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

Also, some things I've got planned that I'm not afraid to spoil are:
- Tret setting himself up as a Magnificent Bastard, able to give Snadhya'rune herself a run for her money in that department.
- Tret and Snadhya trying to Out-Gambit each other. Of course, given that the two main races in this setting are the Cardassians and the Drow, something like this was pretty much inevitable.
- The arrival of Section 31.
- The Borg rearing their ugly head.
- This world's version of the Chibi Parodies! Now with 80% more Crack-tasticness! Ponder as to why Kel'noz carries a nine-iron! Giggle at Kyo'nne's vacation plans for the cast going horribly awry! Stand in awe as Tret builds up his "Master Plan"! And shudder in horror as the Black Suns put on their own version of "I'm Sexy And I Know It"!

And this is all BEFORE the Diablo elements become significant!
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:22 am

Chapter Three

Gul's Log, Supplemental. We have entered orbit of the fourth planet, and are currently scanning for suitable spots for the colony ships to land. Upon landing, the colony ships are to be cannibalized by the settlers to build the foundations of what will be our first city on this world - already to be named New Lakat, in honor of the original city, after it was destroyed by the Dominion. Glinn Rekror is currently giving his report to the guls of the fleet, concerning what he believes to be the ideal landing place.

"The best place to colonize would be here." Alon began, pointing his finger at the holographic image of the planet's largest continent. "Right in the planet's northern subtropical regions. The region was chosen due to its ideal average temperature - thirty degrees centigrade - as well as near-perfect humidity levels. The fact that the region is almost always overcast - although more than enough sunlight gets through the clouds for plants to grow - is also a plus. There's also the matter of mineral distribution." The holographic image changed, revealing a map covered by colored bands. "As you can see, the continent is a rich source of many valuable minerals. Dilithium, tritanium, ladarium, uridium, and jevonite can all be found in relative abundance here. We can begin mining operations almost immediately after we set up New Lakat. However, there are some other things I felt I needed to mention first." Some of the guls exchanged glances, others sighed. If something seemed to good to be true, it usually was, and this time was proving itself to be no exception to that rule. Some started talking about how there would probably be high levels of tectonic activity. None of them were expecting what Alon said next, though.

[*]For those who aren't familiar with Centigrade/Celsius, 30 degrees on that scale is equal to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Yes, Cardassians like it hot. And humid. And darker than humans would normally find appealing.

"The first topic, is of the planet's native inhabitants, who you can see here, with these images taken by reconnaissance probes." Alon said. This caused even more discussion in the crowd assembled before the Praldekesh's chief science officer. Alon pressed a button on a remote control, and images of the Various native sentient species appeared on the screen. Some were feline in appearance, not dissimilar to the Caitians of their own galaxy. Some were green-skinned, and had tusks coming their mouths, while others bore more than a passing resemblance to bipedal versions of Terran hyenas. And speaking of Terrans...

"Are those humans?" someone asked.

"Yes, believe it or not." Alon replied. "Although, given our remote distance from our own galaxy, and the fact that there seems to be no indication of Federation activity anywhere here, they were most likely transplanted from Earth in its distant past."

"How distant?" Tret asked.

"Gul?"

"How far in the past were these humans dropped onto this world?"

"Well, I'd say several thousand years, judging by their technology level." Alon began again. "The most technologically advanced humans, and indeed, perhaps the most technologically advanced inhabitants of this planet, appear to be in the Late Iron Age. So, the threat the natives pose is minimal. Even if they were to somehow try and swarm us, the Mechanized Infantry would, quite frankly, clean their chronometers." That brought smiles to the faces of most of the officers present.

"So..." Tret began. "We wouldn't even need to invade any territories to establish our supremacy. We could just come down, say that we're 'wandering star folk' or something like that, and that we know some 'secrets of the universe' that make us so much more advanced than them, and we'd find ourselves the de facto rulers of the planet. We shouldn't tell them that our technology is 'magic', though. That tends to backfire rather quickly." A few chuckles went through the crowd. "Anyway, Alon, what were the other things you wanted to tell us?"

"Well, the first is that, as some of you probably know, our sensors detected a very strange energy field on this world, that brought the colonization efforts into doubt. Well, I was able to run an analysis on the energy being emitted. While there's still a lot about it I don't even claim to understand, such as why it seems to mostly be coming from underground, or, in one case, a forest, overall, it seems to be harmless."

"And the other thing is..." Tret started.

"Is this." Alon pressed another button on the remote, and the latest image to appear caused nearly everyone in the room to go quiet. Before the eyes of the Cardassian officers, was the image of a floating island.

"Alon, is that what I think it is?"

"Yes, gul, it is. That, is one of the few things on this world more mysterious than the strange energy field we detected."

"Well I'll be damned." Tret said. "And am I correct in assuming that that's not the only one?"

"Yes, sir." Alon said. "And with that, my report on the fourth planet comes to an end. Now, what do we say about colonization?" The assembled officers began to talk about the planet, about the risk-to-benefit ratio, the mysterious energy field, and the natives. Eventually, it was decided that the risks were minimal, the benefits great, and - despite some oddities - everything would be just fine. Colonization would begin within the hour.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Shimi'lande woke with a start. For weeks now, she had found herself having the strangest of visions. Visions of great metal objects flying through the sky and landing. Visions of the strange people who built those machines - people of black hair and somewhat reptilian features. People not of this world, though not of the nether either. People who traversed the stars in great yellowish ships, who performed feats that would leave most Drow speechless - all without Mana.

Sharess, these people can't be real, can they? she thought. And if they are, I pray that they are not hostile. Getting out of her bed, she walked over to her washroom, whereupon entering, she dipped her hands into a water-filled basin and began washing her face, before looking into a mirror, making sure she wasn't dreaming. After being satisfactorily convinced that she wasn't she left the washroom and headed for her bed chamber. Not for the first time since the visions began, she reached into the box of chocolates resting on the table beside her bed. Finding a particularly large chocolate, she unwrapped the confection, popped it into her mouth, and began to chew. As the soothing effects took over, she found herself drifting back to sleep, and praying for greater clarity - both in life and in the visions.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:32 am

Heads up. In the rough draft-ideas, Command & Conquer - specifically, the Tiberium series - was also going to be included in this, yet, for some reason, it dropped out. Well, now it's coming back. And guess who that means is coming?
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby atreids5 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:17 am

KANE LIVES
atreids5
Nether Seed

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Chapter Four

Three days later...

"How long?" Evek asked. Tret turned to face the older man, a look of confusion on his face.

"What?" thee younger Cardassian asked.

"How long until we can actually call New Lakat a city rather than just a collection of landed colony ships?"

"Oh, that." Tret began, as the two men started walking down the as-yet unpaved roads of New Lakat. "Our estimates place it at about a month, given the current rate of conversion of the colony ships into structures. However, as nothing ever goes exactly according to plan, it could take as long as three months if things go badly."

"And what about the city's defenses?" Evek asked. "Surely you haven't neglected those?"

"Not at all." Tret replied. "We have the first set of phaser turrets up and running already, as you can see." he said, pointing to several towers with semi-crescents on their tops. "The second phaser turret network is already being constructed, and the blueprints for the photon mortars are being double-checked as we speak. Even with only the first set of phaser turrets, we could still crush any native opposition."

"True." Evek said. "However, there's an old Terran saying, that I learned from fighting Starfleet Marines in the Dominion War, and I think it applies here."

"Oh? And what is this saying?" Tret asked.

"Sometimes, it is entirely appropriate to crush a fly with a sledgehammer." Tret laughed.

"Sounds more like something a Klingon would say." he said, still chuckling.

"Apparently, the saying is several centuries old, dating back to when the humans were far more warlike than they are now, before they were unified." Evek said. "Anyway, how are the rest of the colony's defenses coming along?"

"The aeroshuttle fields are nearly complete, ensuring our aerial dominance over anyone who thinks to attack us. Of course, since no one else actually HAS anything that can fly, they'll mostly be used for exploratory purposes, or simply to bomb targets out of existence."

"You said 'exploratory purposes'." Evek said, with a slight smirk on his face. "I take it you want to visit those floating islands?"

"Well, of course." Tret said. "Wouldn't you?"

"Not until we learn more about the surrounding lands. Speaking of exploration, how is that going?"

"The crews of the Melkrath and the Khrodrek are currently beginning their First Contact expeditions, focusing mainly on the human lands. Gul Adrek of the Pothrani reports that her troops are about to beam down towards the felinoids' nation. As far as we know, that just leaves the greenskins and the hyena-like ones."

"I see." Evek said. "Now, about the civilian aspects of New Lakat..."

"We've already set up public replicators, as well as a basic transporter network, but as I said earlier, it will still take some time before this becomes an actual city we can be proud of. Not to mention the fact that the people will want actual raised food - crops and farm animals - before too long. You know how everything starts to taste the same after you've been eating quantum duplicates of the original food for so long."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Niwaecer. Five Hours Later.

As far as Thorsten Snorrisson was concerned, this was the worst assignment ever. Guarding some inconsequential Halme village that had fallen only three weeks ago was hardly his idea of glorious or honorable, but here he was, doing it. He wasn't quite sure which was worse in this Gods-forsaken hellhole. Maybe it was the animals who ran everywhere, as if the Halmes had no regard for anyone in the roads. Or perhaps it was the wine, which was far sweeter than any Hermionne wine - at first he thought that they just used extremely sweet grapes, but, as they had later discovered, the Halmes put lead in their wine to sweeten it. Disgusting practice. It could have been the smell of the villagers. There was nothing wrong with working the fields, but didn't these people ever hear of bathing? That would be one of the many problems they would have to rectify. Was it the sheer, unadulterated boredom that came with this assignment? Maybe, but that alone wouldn't explain why he felt so miserable. Most likely, it was a combination of all the factors. As he listened to the preacher ramble on about how the End Times were nigh, and how everyone - Halme and Hermionne alike - should prepare for Ragnar-Akir - the Last Battle - he didn't notice the other soldier walking up to him.

"Hey!" the other man said, grabbing his attention. Thorsten turned around to notice the other soldier - Erik Liefsson - standing right behind him, carrying a flask of ale. "Bored?"

"Extremely." Thorsten said. "Why couldn't we be out conquering other Halme states, or better yet, purging those black-skinned, red-eyed devils?"

"Well, someone needs to keep an eye out here, as well as introduce these farmers to the light of civilization." Erik replied.

"I guess you're right, I just never thought occupation of conquered territories would be this... dull." Thorsten sighed. "I just wish something would happen."

"Be careful what you wish for, Thorsten." Erik began. "You might just..." That's when Erik looked up and his jaw dropped. Realizing something was amiss, Snorri also turned around... and found his jaw dropping as well. Coming from the south, was a flying metal object, nearly twenty meters long, and heading straight for the village. Blotting out the sun as it flew overhead, the object slowly turned around, and started to land - right in the middle of what had been the village square. Scores of people, Halme and Hermionne alike, scrambled about, trying to get out of the way of the descending object. As the object came down, four legs came out of it, followed by a ramp after it had made groundfall. People rushed around the thing to see what was happening. Nothing could prepare them for what followed.

Five people - a woman and four men - all with strange, scaled ridges on their necks and faces, and who each bore a spoon-like mark on their foreheads, walked down. The woman went unarmed, wore her hair long and braided, while the men kept theirs shorter, and slicked back, and carried objects that resembled long sticks - weapons of some kind. The woman looked up at the crowd of assorted humans, and smiled.

"Greetings." she said. "I am Jilora Rusot, and on behalf of the Cardassian Union, and its people, I come in peace."
Last edited by Obsidian Agent on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Also, in case you're wondering where I got things like the Halmes putting lead into wine to sweeten it, or the Hermionnes bathing, and wondering why Halmes seem not to, well, I got them from Real Life. In Ancient Rome, lead really was used to sweeten wine (which, along with their... convoluted... family trees, explains A LOT about the behavior of the later members of the Caesar Dynasty). Also, the Hermionnes in canon seem to be based off of the Norse, who really did bathe more than the rest of Europe. They bathed once a week.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby imatrekkygirl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 am

Nice! I really like the dialog so far...especially how you wrote for Q at the beginning, I could totally hear his voice while I was reading. All the details are also extra fun...interesting scenario, I'm excited to read the next chapter! Well done. ^^
imatrekkygirl
Nether Seed

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Obsidian Agent » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 am

Thanks! Right now, I'm imagining the conniptions both the Cardassians and the Drow will have upon their First Contact, and how the political situation will spiral from there.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Fanfics and Fanart