Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

World at War, an Earth Age fic (Ch 12)

Re: World at War, an Earth Age fic (Ch 5)

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Even if it makes the story looks less believable?
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Re: World at War, an Earth Age fic (Ch 5)

Postby Pariel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Vignette 1:

The Serpent is out, by the hand of the Clown. The Leviathan is about to rise, the Stymphalian will bask in blood and Solomon will watch from the throne, while the Hierophant moves around.

The Princess will awaken to nightmare incarnate, and the Court will weep once Jabberwock knocks at their doorstep. The flames of war are bound to cremate the world as the Dragons are still bound by Duty and Blood.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Re: World at War, an Earth Age fic (Ch 5+Vign 1)

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Dafuq. Seriously what is the purpose of this to obtusely spoil the story?

I have no idea what the first part means but i do however think that i know what the second part is supposed to represent such as the Princess who i pretty sure is Kyo'nne who is probably going to be in for some serious unpleasantry when she comes to. The court likely means the imperial council of illharessess and that they are in for some bad shite when the jabberwock (which i am sure represents some human alliance or super power and it may possibly be involved with the nidra'chall as a jabberwock resembles a dragon but is extermely bizarre and in a way more terrifying and the main nidra leadership is still made up of sharen as it is mentioned snadhya and sarv are still alive) comes to wage war or put them down some how. And the final sentence means that the there is going to be a seriously bad war that will devastates near everything because the dragons ie the sharens will not come to an agreement or in anyway submit.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Pariel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:17 pm

No. :P You did get some stuff right, but I won't tell what. :P And the purpose is to test myself.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Okay then but just a few more speculations. The serpent and the clown refers to the vloz who are raised to prominence by some non serious force i would guess the media. The leviathan refers to either two things and depending on which of these things are the true meaning will pretty much determine the story's direction. It either refers to the Balks(their giant golems) and/or the jaals(their many giant "things") who will go to war against the nations of the world that have rallied against the drow and will likely play a major part probably if there is an invasion of the underworld either of them will likely play a huge part in the outcome. Or it refers to the demon god which means the story will change into some cosmic horror story where the threat the demon god poses will overshadow everything else probably leading into some kind of cooperation against it.

The heirophant refers to shimi or some other seer who plays a major role spreading knowledge based on her visions or it could refer to some human who will search ancient texts for knowledge about the drow and elves in general. The Stymphalian refers to either the kavakini(most likely as the Stymphalians are supposed to be flying birds) continuing the current plotline with them or the ill'hardo who going with the balk interpretation of leviathan above go to war and in this war there will be great bloodshed and from how it mentions they(the Stymphalians) bask in blood means they will likely be the cause of many deaths likely the deaths their enemies as basking at least in my opinion would refer to said blood coming from an outside source instead of their own. Solomon can't put my finger who this refers to exactly although it likely means some human force it could possibly refer to the light elves or some other unknown force, but it definitely does not refer to the drow or any other force in the underworld.

Just another interpretation of the princess going with the demon god interpretation of the leviathan and just the war in general could possibly refer to the sharess or someone closely related to her who is brought to life to deal with just how badly things are going for the drow.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Pariel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:46 am

Spot on? Maybe? :P
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:03 am

So do you have any idea when you are actually going to get to updating?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:47 pm

No seriously do you have any idea when you will be updating again?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Pariel » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Not really. It will update when I write. That's all there is.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Re: World at War, an Earth Age fic (Ch 6)

Postby Pariel » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Chapter 6: Contact

Switzerland

The day was already making itself long and it wasn't even noon. Sometimes, things could go bad in the most twisted way possible, and one could only but shoulder on and keep trying to solve the situation. Everything had started with a simple telephone call.

René Nadin's breakfast in Paris had been enjoyable if uneventful. Her stocks and transactions had proceeded smoothly, and the news of the drow army had been positive. Barring the current hotheaded debate of Russia's heavy handed bombing of a drow city, the news on the western front had indicated that the combined might of the French and German armies had succeeded in pushing the invaders back to the mountains of Switzerland. A simple pincer movement on open ground had caught a large section of the van of raiders, who succumbed to relentless crossed gunfire, aircraft and artillery. Swords couldn't beat tanks and helicopters, after all.

The imposing figure of what she assumed was a drow female being displayed as one of the enemy commanders by the media had even caused René to smile at the creature’s apparent lack of taste. Orange braids with red armor? A most unforgivable sin. Well at least "she" had the common decency of dying with out clashing since her blood was as red as any humans. Most of the media attention fell upon the inexplicable bulletproof quality of many of these drow rather than their lack of fashion sense however.

It was as if the drow possessed some form of force field for diverting bullets, mitigating much of the damage caused by small arms. This had accounted for the deep dwellers large survival rate even under crossed fire, but the shielding couldn’t stop all of the bullets, nor any of humanity's more powerful weapons and so they had finally succumbed. What was left of the drow army had by all accounts retreated into the mountains of Switzerland, presumably intent on a guerrilla war, using the nighttime and the rough terrain to their advantage. Such news had been great, since it meant she was relatively safe in Paris.

Unfortunately, someone had screwed up somewhere, and right now one of the most prized business secrets of René's company was still in its usual resting place - a safe in a Swiss Bank. A Swiss bank that oh so inconveniently just so happened to be right in the middle of the contested zone. Höffmann had assured in his call that he had fired the one responsible for such a blunder, but the damage had been done, and Miss Nadin herself had resorted to solving things personally, with the aid of mercenaries from Nova. So here she was inside the safe of the aforementioned bank, stuffing her Prada with technical designs. She mused about how ridiculous she must look, glad the bank had foregone cameras in the vault out of a respect for client privacy. Examining the large, prized gemstone that also occupied the safety deposit box along with her papers she decided it wouldn’t hurt to take the family heirloom as well. Running a well manicured hand through her brunette hair, she sighed and placed it in her purse. She exited the safe room with careful catlike steps, intent on spending not a second more than necessary here.

Everything seemed to be going well until Nadin found two of the Nova guards she had hired laying in a pool of blood. Before she could react, the vision of a massive red fist invaded her eyesight. The hit rocked her hard and the world briefly spun around her as she fell limp against the cold floor.

A single imposing drow figure in bright red armor with red streaks in her white hair, coiffed with an iron circlet stared at the unconscious human woman for a second. Five more drow individuals, all clad in black and with swords and crossbows came to surround her. Most of them were wiping the blood clean of their blades, having slit the throats of the guards swiftly and decisively. "We'll carry her back to our main camp. She looks rather important." the massive red figure instructed to the others, a tinge of bitterness in her voice. "Continue taking hold of these vault-like buildings. These surfacers will surely be reluctant to attack their own riches with their filthy weapons."

"Yes, Quain'tana!" One of her darkly dressed warriors replied, before instructing the others on how best to obey their Ill‘haress. Quain'tana clenched her fist. The humans would pay for their tricks. Who would've thought these animals would be able to break Koil'dorath's charge so easily? The mercenary queen of the drow pondered this gravely as she carried the limp figure of her fancy prisoner towards the back entrance of the bank.
Last edited by Pariel on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Great update! Just generally nice to see that you are continuing this story and are advancing the plot significantly.
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:46 pm

That fighting at night plan will not go well for drow. Night vision , Thermal Imaging and extremely bright flashlights.
Last edited by Gunbird on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Kind of reminds me of Salvation war, except that the drow are slightly more prepared than the demons and angels
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Metzger wrote:Kind of reminds me of Salvation war, except that the drow are slightly more prepared than the demons and angels

And much more well-written than the Salvation War, which, admittedly, isn't hard to do.

(Seriously, TSW is the equivalent of diarrhea taking a dump. Sure the idea was interesting, but the execution of said idea... not so much.)
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby ThatGuyThisGuy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:35 pm

I had to go somewhere soon while I was writing my earlier reply so I couldn't write as much as I wanted. Why so salty Quain can't accept defeat? Though I am wondering why they got Nadin there is no real way they could know about her and her importance so was them coming across her a coincidence?
ThatGuyThisGuy
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart