Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Aranea percutit Draconem - Completed

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 20

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:58 pm

"Fanfic! My favorite! And kiel being meanie :("
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm

if I may suggest, could you post links to the chapters on your first post?
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby SFI » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:"Fanfic! My favorite! And kiel being meanie :( "

The Sharen kinda had it coming, you know. What with 'murdering' the mother of her BFF ;)

Dalvyserran wrote:if I may suggest, could you post links to the chapters on your first post?

AGGF:GKFHDKF... Do I have to? :( Fine, I'll do it tomorrow, it's way too late now :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 am

I like this, I like it a lot
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 21

Postby SFI » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:05 am

“The Vloz’ress are attacking the Sharen.” The female read the missive. “It is believed that they use the sewer-system and so appear in Sharen-held districts where they manipulate seeds to go haywire, killing the host.”
“Not my preferred way of doing things, but it is certainly helpful.” Quain’tana muttered, arms crossed. “Seems your servant is quite skilled.” She glanced at Ariel as she said that. The report had been brief, only briefly mentioning the skirmish that had apparently tainted the elder woman. Ariel had taken it hard.
“Yes.” Ariel’s face hardened briefly. “From what I hear, Kharla’ggen is taking quite the shine to her. She’s her favourite attendant already.”
Quain briefly rested her hand on her heir’s shoulder, realizing the train of thought. “How bad is the taint?”
“The one of Waes’soloth’s former heir is nothing against it.” Ariel whispered, averting her eyes. “They need to drain the nether about every two cycles or she is liable to fall to the demon. They try to teach her to control it, but...”
“It’s just that big.” Kiol’dorath finished her sentence. “We’ll avenge her, sister, we will avenge all the ills of the Sharen.”
“Before or after hundreds share her fate?” Ariel snarled, before catching herself. “Apologies... It’s just... she had become my friend and now... Now she is like this.”
Almost twenty years ago Quain’tana had told Ariel to stop apologizing, lest the world devour her. Now she felt like the unspoken apologies to that servant and so many others was eating her heir.
“We’ll push against the Sharen come morning.” She said, eyes turning to the map in front of them.

Kiol’dorath and Ariel were deployed to the south, to push North as Quain’tana pushed from the East. Again the cavern was illuminated by the lights of artillery as the battle waged. Dozens died on both sides, blood drowning the street in Sarghress colors. Corpses of dragons and wolves lay side by side as the frontlines shifted and moved like the tides in the Inner Sea.
The Beldrobbaen acted, pushing against Quain’tana’s forces, trapping them between Sharen and Beldrobbaen.
Forces surged from the other districts, reinforcing the troops in the pincer. Kiol’dorath ordered a slight change in advance, now aiming no longer strictly North, but more North-East towards the Mercenary Queen.
Then there was some consternation in the Sharen-ranks. Life-size dolls were found... of Dragon and Drow alike. All of them had been smashed post-change.

“You are a quick study.” Waes’soloth stated, watching as Kharla’ggen formed a shield. It was weak and unskilled, but it would hold most attacks. “Practice, and with your aura, nothing will so easily pierce your defences.”
Kharla’ggen looked at the red sheen between her and the Beldrobbaen, reaching for it with one finger.
“Will you teach us more?” She had become fascinated with learning more, gaining more knowledge as time passed. Soon, she would no longer be a figure-head, but a leader. “We want to know more.”
“If you wish.” Waes’soloth nodded briefly, face empty as she regarded the Ill’haress in front of her. Suddenly her body tightened, eyes flashing a vivid red. Phantom claws buried themselves in her flesh, the demon trying to crawl upward.
Glorious numbness replaced it after a few moments, one of the Vloz’ress’ Nether Summoners draining the excess nether quickly.
“You must cease pushing yourself so.” Nyo’ka scolded the cowering female, watching as the shuddering subsided. “You serve no one by succumbing to your taint.”
“I can make my own decisions.” The black hair fell around her form as she rose to her feet. “My daughter could hold hers at bay for six years.”
“Your daughter’s seed was far lighter than yours.” The Summoner poked at her chest. “Her seed did not leave her at risk every time she used mana-arts. You also are a quick study, but do not keep pushing your boundaries like this. We cannot keep Summoners here just to watch you.”
“I can deal with this.” Despite what should have been frustration, her voice sounded bored, her red eyes refusing to meet those of the smaller female. “You worry too much.”
“And you not enough.” The Vloz’ress turned on her heel, marching off the open space.
Kharla’ggen had said nothing, now merely appearing at Waes’soloth’s side. “Do not die?”
“Not ere I see the Sharen destroyed.” The black-haired woman assured her. Without emotion, the promise sounded hollow.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:18 am

You are making a terrible creature out here. And I'm not sure which is more terrifying. Kharla or waes
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:35 am

Isaiah Cortez wrote:You are making a terrible creature out here. And I'm not sure which is more terrifying. Kharla or waes

The Combo? XD
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:38 am

:A :U No words, Chel's is doomed.
Dakla
Tainted

Postby SFI » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:39 am

Dakla wrote: :A :U No words, Chel's is doomed.

Aaawwww, don't be like that... The Sharen are only parts of it, you know XD
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 22

Postby SFI » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:33 pm

“Push!” Koil’dorath ordered sharply, pointing with her sword to where the heaviest fighting was. In the madness of the battle, two figures stood out: Quain’tana and Suu’be, both in blood-red armour and towering above the surrounding troops. Too bad this also was so for the other side. And they were heading there with furor.
Ariel was a bit further behind her sister, leading the flank. They were pushing as hard as they could, but the Beldrobbaen seemed to have emptied their entire golem-reserves for this attack.
“Can’t I just open a gate?” Fame’nidea demanded, crouching behind Ariel with a sealing-gem in hand. “I can keep the demons controlled.”
“Too dangerous this far.” Ariel stabbed forward, hoping to drive the Sharen in front of her away. Her voice dropped to a whisper as much as she could in the surrounding din. “Besides... I’d rather not risk a Beld falling. You know.”
“Yes.” Fame ducked her head lightly. “Get that point.” Her eyes were glowing behind her mask. They trailed from the battle into the direction where her home was.
“First battle?” Someone else asked her, though she could not tell his face behind the helmet and the poor lighting. She nodded briefly, wondering who he was that he seemed somewhat concerned about her.
It grew more intense. “I cannot see Quain or Suu’be anymore.” Someone called down the lines. “They have fallen.”
“Never.” Ariel gritted her teeth, but she too had lost sight of her mother among all the Beldrobbaen golems. “Khal, why could you not read those Sharess-damn letters?”
They pushed against the Beldrobbaen-line, driving them back to the old positions.

She hesitantly approached, the battle having ended. “Sister?”
Koil’dorath had waited until she was certain of the position’s stability and had then rushed back. She was sitting on the ground, a crushed breast-plate beside her.
“She was already dead when I saw her lay here.” The adopted daughter of Quain’tana whispered. “One of the golems just stepped on her.”
Ariel moved closer still, looking at the body in front of the elder woman. Suu’be’s chest was crushed beneath the chainmail she had been wearing.
“I am sorry.” Ariel whispered, reverently kneeling down beside her elder.
“Do not be.” Koil’dorath placed her mother’s hands on her chest. “Quain was taken, I presume. You’re in charge now.”
Ariel said nothing, eyes wide as she registered what the other told her. “But... I...”
“Have to.” Koil countered, taking Ariel’s shoulder in her hand. “The Sarghress need a leader now. Quain choose you.”
“But they will never follow me.” She argued. “There are too many that will not obey.”
“My mother is dead...” The orange-haired woman whispered. “I know most house-leaders will follow you. Their houses have to follow out of necessity. There are plenty who will help you.”
“I...” Ariel shivered. It was too soon. She could not lead a whole clan, let alone one of the size of the Sarghress... It was simply too much.
“Quain would not have made you heir if she thought you inadequate.” Koil firmly said. “You can do this. You have to.”
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 23

Postby SFI » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm

“Ariel?” Diva peeked into the room. Faen stood a short distance behind her.
“I can’t do this...” The young drowolath whispered, shivering where she sat on her bed. “I can’t lead a whole clan like this.” She had not even cleaned herself from the battle yet, simply collapsing the moment she had closed the door.
“Fame told us what happened.” Faen sat down beside her. She fell silent, not sure what to tell her friend and lover.
“If I may be so bold...” Diva sat down on the ground in front of the two. “You must lead this clan, Ariel. But you don’t have to do it alone. Your mother’s councillors will help you.”
“Can I trust them? Mother and Kel always talked about me being used, molded...” Ariel buried her face in her hands. “I can’t do this.”
“You still have me. And Kel’noz would not betray you either.” Diva softly whispered. “You know you can trust my council. Perhaps even Waes’soloth could help you if you summon her here.”
“I... I... don’t know.” Poor child, she should never have been made to bear this burden. Diva got up, pulling Ariel close.
“Ask for Waes’soloth’s presence, Val’Sarghress.” The former Val’Sharess patted her hair. “Despite differing ideals, you must admit that she held her clan well. She can help you, just as I do. If you want it, that is...”
“I... yes... yes, please...” Ariel whispered, watching as Faen retrieved a tablet they had left outside the room. It was just some water and bread, but she devoured it regardless. Anything to take her mind of the task ahead. She took a couple of shuddering breaths. “And... and get the Vloz’ress here...”
The young wolf clutched the cup like it was a lifeline.
“I’ll add that, but... why?” The dark elf looked up from the letter she was writing.
“They... They don’t have secure position...” Ariel downed the cup as soon as Faen had filled it. “And... and it’ll explain... her presence here.”
“Alright.” The purple-haired woman nodded in acceptance. Heh, it seemed Ariel might just do well enough on her own. Except for... “How are we going to feed them? House them?”
“Have Kel look at that... Please...”
Diva just nodded, finishing the letter and then leaving the room to look for the only son of Quain’tana.

“With all due respect, Lord Val, I think we can be lucky she is able to give any kind of orders.” Diva stood in front of his desk, watching as he paced with the letter she had written for Kharla’ggen in his hand.
He was trying to hide it, but she could tell he too had been unbalanced by his mother’s capture.
“But getting an entire clan?” He looked at the letter. He had demanded to see it when his sister’s servant had told him of Ariel’s intentions. “Our food-stores are stretched as it is.”
“I am sure the Vloz’ress would be able to feed themselves. They did it before now, after all.”
Kel’noz looked from the dark elf back to the letter then sighed in defeat. “I hope she is going somewhere with this. I’ll see that there is some space for them.”
Diva bowed as he handed her the letter again, grateful she had left the request for Waes’soloth unspoken on paper. That would have raised some interesting questions.
“With your leave I will send it then.” She turned towards the door.
“One thing.” He stopped her.
“Yes?” She stopped, one hand already on the doorknob.
“...” He looked at her, before shaking his head. “Nevermind.”
Diva just bowed again as she left the room.

“Well, this has been a while...” Quain’tana muttered darkly, looking around her. “Actually... I don’t think I was in a Beldrobbaen-dungeon before this.” She leaned back as much as she could, looking up at the chains holding up her arms. “You’d expect such a rich clan to be able to afford pillows...”
“Mockery won’t help you.” The door opposite of her opened, revealing Odelia.
“Eh, I need to have a conversation with someone in here.” Quain answered, smirking lightly. “Nice dress, never took you for a dress-person. Stole if from someone’s closet?”
“You...” It was a black one, clearly inspired by the ones Waes’soloth used to wear. She took a deep breath, her hair shifting at the move to reveal that she was wearing her glass eye. “I did not come here for wardrobe-discussions.”
“Neither did I.” The Sarghress countered. “Yet someone saw fit to upgrade mine, so there we are.”
She was answered by a torrent of flames, just barely missing her form. Odelia was breathing heavily, her body trembling with fury.
“You think you can just kill our Ill’haress...” She hissed, hand closing in the white hair of the other, pulling her head back painfully. “And then just mock her!? You insolent, filthy commoner!”
“Oh... For fuck’s sake!” Quain’tana countered sharply, snarling like the wolf she had taken as her clan-animal. “I haven’t even touched Waes’soloth ever in my life with a three-meter pole, you moronic Val! Why would I start now of all bloody times!?”
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby aceofAces » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Welp, that's it, Ariel's a nervous wreck, Quain be lock in a dungeon, errybody fucked.
aceofAces
Demon

Postby SFI » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:01 pm

aceofAces wrote:Welp, that's it, Ariel's a nervous wreck, Quain be lock in a dungeon, errybody fucked.

Ahem? *points at Taint-empowered Waes (if it is still canon that taint makes person more powerfull) & Kharla*
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 24

Postby SFI » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:14 pm

“Ariel wants us to have a sleepover with her.” Kiel looked at the message, not quite sure what to think of it. “The entire fucking clan.”
“Well, she does not think small at least.” Waes’soloth was combing Kharla’ggen’s hair, looking at the younger female with no expression on her face. “Is there a reason for this?”
“Quain got captured.” Kiel looked up from the letter. Even this did no longer faze the Beldrobbaen. “By yer clan, Waes.”
“The wolves will tear them apart.” Waes whispered, but said nothing else about it. “And Ariel will not be able to hold them. Too much dissention.”
“Most of that is dead.” Kiel threw the letter aside, plopping down on the ground beside the bath-tub Kharla’ggen was in. “What do ye say, sis?”
“Can we?” The Ill’haress looked at the black-haired female behind her.
“They will strengthen the line between you and the Sarghress after this.” The elder female mused. “But then again, do the Vloz’ress not breed madness?”
“Well, it’s settled then.” Kiel shrugged, throwing her arms into the air. “Clan-exodus to the Sargs it is.” She snorted, making for the exit again. “This is gonna be hilarious to watch.”
The door fell closed behind her, leaving the two older women in silence.
Wordlessly, Kharla’ggen rose from the water, allowing her attendant to wrap a fluffy towel around her. They did much in silence, the century-old Drowolath not appreciating small-talk.
“Will you accompany us?” The Vloz’ress played with her mask, studying the red marks on it.
“Always.” The Beldrobbaen assured her, holding out a bathrobe for the other to slide into. “It is my duty, after all.” It was impossible to tell what her feelings were as she said those words. Did she resent the cards Sharess had dealt her? Was she content? With the taint, she could not even tell herself.
Entering the bedroom, she suddenly felt an alien sensation in her limbs. She could not move them, instead they seemed to be moved by someone else.
“Kharla’ggen...” Kiel had warned her early into her stay of the incident in Felde that had resulted in her sister gaining a fondness for ‘sexy times’. After almost three months, it was now her turn, apparently. “Stop.” It did not even need a thought for her limbs to turn to shadow, Kharla’s grip on them failing, the unseen puppet-strings grasping at empty air.
They stood opposite each other, one half-turned into a shadowy figure, the other still solid flesh.
“That is not how it is done.” She admonished, her eyes glowing in her own darkness. Kharla’s own eyes narrowed, the woman with the mind of a child approaching a tantrum. “I can show you how it is to be done?”
She’d rather deal with that, than have Kharla flounder on and develop Sharess-knows-what kind of habits. It had been a while since she last taught the art of loving to anyone.
“Yes.”

Khal stood in front of the mirror, eyes fixed on his own mirror-image. Being more precise, he was staring at his hair. In front of him was a small can of black dye.
There was no change in expression when he used it to colour the entirety of his hair black.
A short while later, he was sitting in his customary spot. Overlooking the district, he sat on one of the connecting beams between the fortress-towers.
“Khal?” Looking to his side, he could see Odelia in one of the windows. She climbed outside with a bit of trouble, slowly joining him on the smooth rock. “What happened to your hair?”
“I coloured it.” He muttered, one hand holding a strand of hair. He had done it poorly, instead of having white-and-black streaks, he now had dark-grey-and-black streaks.
“I see that. Why?” She hesitantly sat down, letting her legs hang off the ledge. “You liked it.”
“It makes me look like her.” His voice gained a dark undertone. “I will not look like her.”
“Like...?” It took Odelia a bit to make the connection. He had gone to see Quain’tana, despite her urgings to not do so. The wolf had her hair in red-and-white streaks. “So you changed it.”
“She killed my mother.” His hand tightened on the ground between them. It was wrapped in bandages, the boy refusing to have an empath speed up his healing. He had attacked their prisoner, before having been kicked across the room rather unceremoniously. “She mocked her.”
The words of the captured Ill’haress still rang in his ears, making his blood boil. ‘If your mother was as incapable as you are, it’s no wonder you lost track of her.’
“Don’t let her get to you.” Odelia warned him, hesitantly resting her hand on his shoulder.
“I can’t.” He shivered lightly under the touch, refusing to look at her. “There are too many reasons... I am not sure I can do this.”
“It is not that hard.” She tried to turn his head to look at her, finally succeeding after a bit of struggle between them. “You can do this, Khal. You have to.”
“I feel like I am worth nothing.” He sighed. “What use am I, Odelia? You do not let me fight, you even refuse to have me work on the golems.”
“Because you are uneducated in war-golemry.” She pointed out. “And I cannot afford taking those that are away from their work to teach you. And I do not let you fight because you are a symbol. A symbol of what we lost. Lose the symbol, lose the drive.”
“Normally, this is the part where I complain about the Beldrobbaen clinging to the past?” It was weak, but there was something of a smile on his face.
“Probably.” She returned it, still not having let go of his shoulder. “You understand though, don’t you?”
“Yes...” He sighed in defeat. “Is there nothing I can do?”
“Not really. I don’t think we can drum the Sarghress into defeat...” She got up again, offering her hand to him. “I have a meeting to attend. You can join if you wish.”
He got up to follow her, accepting her hand.

“Ill’haress Ash’waren wishes to see you.” Sar’nel told Ariel. She had managed to drag herself from her room, after much pushing from Diva and Faen. Unable to sit on her mother’s throne just yet, she was sitting on one of the chairs against the pillars. Flanking her were those of her mother’s guard that had managed to survive the recent battle relatively unscathed. Behind the pillars were several Fallen.
“Yes?” She got up as the Sullisin’rune approached her. “What brings you here?”
“I think you can imagine.” Ash reached for her slowly, her empathy revealing to her exactly in what kind of turmoil the young female was. “I am here to offer my council.”
“I thank you.” Ariel nodded briefly, not mentioning that she already had plenty of council. “What were your losses?”
“Quite some people.” Ash told her. “Though no loss as grievous as yours. Do you have a plan as to what to do already?”
“I am still waiting on my intel.” Ariel struggled to keep her cool. Goddess, she never had quite appreciated the hard work it was to lead thousands through a war. No wonder Quain had wanted to toss it first chance she got. “And reinforcements.”
“Where do you want to pull those from?” The Ill’haress pulled her aside a bit. “Ariel, after that mess with Waes’soloth disappearing almost a year ago, no clan is going to back you. If I did not know Quain as well as I do, even I would have called it all off then.”
“The Vloz’ress do back me.” Ariel countered, eyes narrowing at the last statement of the other. “And they will continue to do so.”
“Vloz’ress...” The jaw-line of Faen’s mother tightened. “What can they help you? Sneak-attacks behind lines won’t work now.”
“I summoned them here.” Ariel told her. “All of them. They have assured me they would do so.”
“What!?” Had the Vloz’ress madness reached the Sarghress-heiress now?
Last edited by SFI on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 24

Postby Metzger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 am

I don't know if this is a good thing or not for Ariel
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart