Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Aranea percutit Draconem - Completed

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 15

Postby SFI » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:"Some say that they are afraid what is in the shadows. I'm afraid about the light which causes the shadows." You are an awesome writer. :w

UwU You're making me blush. *blush* *blush* Thank you, it means a lot to me if people appreciate my writings :)
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 16

Postby SFI » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Waes’soloth spent the next two cycles deeply asleep, near comatose in fact. As she did so, Diva and Ariel prepared for their trip to the Vloz’ress fortress.
“Looks kinda cute.” Faen whispered while packing the few meagre possessions the Beldrobbaen had accumulated during her stay with the Sarghress. Said Beldrobbaen had curled up on her bed, cocooned in her own black hair.
“Don’t let her hear that.” Ariel answered with a wide grin. “Waes’soloth, Ill’haress and general bad-ass: cutest sleeper this side of Chel.”
Both giggled, at least until they got whacked upside the head by what appeared to be solid shadow.
“I heard that, you know.” The elder Drowolath muttered, pushing some of her hair aside. “I am right here, after all.” She got up, her hair cascading down the bed. “Why are we going to the Vloz’ress anyway?”
“Mother wants them to join in the war.” Ariel answered, rubbing her head. “She sends me to see if I can get Kiel to do something.”
“Well, that will be interesting, at least.” Waes’soloth reached for her overcoat, having stripped down to only her shirt to sleep. After months, she had lost most of her old inhibitions, forced to swallow her pride so often she was not quite certain she’d ever recover it. “Any idea what I will be doing over there?”
“Most likely switch me for Kharla.” Ariel shrugged lightly, offering her the small pack of her stuff. “You’ll figure something out.”
Waes’soloth accepted the pack. “It’ll beat having to deal with your Goddess-damned wolf.” The black-haired beast had taken a liking to the ‘servant’, enjoying jumping her and slobbering all over her mask. The mask she could not remove without fear of being recognized.
The two younger females giggled again, remembering the first time it had happened. It earned them another whack with shadows. They’d probably have complained about it had they not seen the relaxed look in the other’s eyes. It seemed like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders now that she had access to her arts again.
“At any rate, you’ll have to deal with it a bit longer.” Ariel told her. “We have to move quickly and stealthily.”
“I’ll live.” She pulled her mask on again, her hair braiding itself into the style she had worn the entire time.
“Can you teach me how to do that?” Ariel looked on with a tinge of envy. Her hair was unable by far to perform such delicate manoeuvres.
“Perhaps.” Waes pulled on the head-wrap, a faint smile playing around her hidden mouth-corner. “It took me centuries to master my High Art though, just so you know.”
“Damn.” Ariel’s ears drooped in disappointment. “We will see after the war then.”
“Yes.”

“I know Quain wants you to earn your position and not get any favours, but isn’t three companions too small a force to safeguard her heir?” Waes’soloth muttered, looking at the two wolves in front of her. One would carry a Sealer and a warrior, the other her and Ariel.
“We have to travel light.” Ariel told her. “The Sharen must not know we are moving. This is best done with a small group.”
“But not this small.” Waes’soloth hissed under her breath. “Ariel, if I were anyone beside me, any force bigger than a patrol would be a dead-sentence if you cannot escape.”
“We can spare no more.” The Heiress climbed onto her mount, offering her hand to her servant. “The Beldrobbaen and Sharen are pushing too hard for us to send more, even with our numerical advantage.”
Under the eyes of the expectant riders of the other wolf, she had no choice but to climb on. It was kinda funny to see the taller woman at the back of one that was at best a good head below her.
“Good luck.” Faen had to stay back. She and Diva stood beside the two wolves.
“You know me.” Ariel grinned, pulling on her helmet to hide her features. “Ready?”
“Yes.” Waes’soloth nodded, reaching up with one of her hands to check the security of her wrap. The other wolf-rider nodded his assent as well, moving his steed forward to beside the wolf of the heiress of the clan.
“A swift and secure journey to you, Val’Sarghress.” Diva whispered, hands clasped together in front of her chest. She added nothing, but her eyes trailed to the Ill’haress briefly.
“We ride.” Ariel nodded at the other rider, nudging her wolf to start moving down the road to the Sullisin’rune lands. It quickly took up a healthy canter.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:54 pm

:] yey new part!
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:54 am

Isaiah Cortez wrote::] yey new part!

*doubts you'll say that after the next one* XD
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 17

Postby SFI » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:31 pm

“We’ll move through the Sullisin’rune lands and then hug the cavern-wall as closely as we can.” Ariel led the way, her wolf moving at a steady canter. “You’ll stay behind when we return. A first show of returned support from the Sarghress to the Vlozress, since we cannot spare people as easily as they do.”
“Yes.” Waes’soloth nodded, arms slung around the other’s form. Her mind was only half on what the young Heiress was telling her, most of her attention on the surrounding areas. “It will certainly be a change of scenery...” She trailed off, eyes narrowing.
“I hear something.” It was the rider of the other wolf that spoke up. “And Menoe is restless. Dragons are afoot.”
“Then we pick up the pace.” Ariel decided, urging her wolf ahead.
They reached the cavern-wall without incident, but the arrow was swift and true. Their sealer cried out briefly, arrow lodged in her eye.
Ariel cursed briefly, but did not stop as the other female fell from the wolf. Waes’soloth cursed a whole lot more when the arrow meant for Ariel nearly hit her instead. She raised one of her arms, forming a shield over their heads.
“Watch out!” The warrior screamed. Ariel barely managed to bring her wolf to a stop before running into the dead-end looming in front of them. A dead-end formed by a living dragon’s body.
“Will you look at that, some wolves are on the prowl?” The female on its’ back sneered. “Do you not know that your destruction is the other way and here lies only dead?”
“Oh great, we ran into a boaster.” Ariel snarled, her wolf mimicking her actions. She pulled her sword from its’ scabbard. With no cover, running with the Sharen armed with a crossbow was foolish. “Waeder.”
“Of course.” She gracefully dismounted, mana building around her hands. She recognized her as being of Sarv’swati’s lineage.
The Sharen levelled her halberd with one hand, aiming for Ariel. “A sorceress will not help you, wolf. Your sealer is dead, her stones lost.” She lifted her other hand, revealing a swirling red mass. Demons, quite a few of them. Though thankfully she had no gate carved somewhere. With one fluid move she send them forward.
“Kill her!” Waes’soloth reacted swiftly. “I will deal with them.”
Between a centuries-old female having specialized on the arts and two comparably ‘young’sters that had not done so, the demons had an easy choice.
It was easy for her to draw them to her, centuries of training having left her aura a veritable buffet for demons. Not that she had ever intended it for that use, that is.
“For the first time in my life, I did not think something through and off course it involves demons...” They swarmed her, chipping away at the shield she had formed. “Wonderful...”
Meanwhile, Ariel and her other companion had their hands full with the dragon-rider. There was a bloody good reason she was walking around on her own in the middle of a war.
“Goddess-damned mother-killing Sharen.” The sole male cursed, swinging his war-hammer for the dragon while also staying out of its’ reach.
“Filthy mutt.” She countered, warding off Ariel with her Halberd while urging the dragon at him. “You are ruining Chel’el’sussoloth. Defiling it.”
“Says the one whose family is sending it down the Rift.” Ariel dodged the halberd, stabbing with her spear at the dragon’s eye.
“Less talking, more killing!” Waes’soloth screamed as the demons swarmed around her. “I do not have infinite mana here!”
“Busy with that!” Ariel called back, yanking at her wolf’s collar to evade the snapping jaws of the dragon.
“Oh... I don’t have time for this...” The elder woman snarled, looking at the demons surrounding her. “Or mana, for that matter.”
A direct attack would not work, what with the demons everywhere, but she could work around those. Literally, if need be. There was a loud snap as the band of her mask broke, her hair rising around her form. Immediately the demons attacked with new fervour, the increased mana driving them to a frenzy – as much as demons can get more frenzied, that is.
“Ariel, down!” The black tendrils wrapped around a nearby chunk of rubble, sending it flying straight for the dragon-rider. The Sarghress barely dodged on time, the draft of the passing piece of building whipping up her hair. It hit the dragon square in the face, crushing its’ skull.
“Finally.” The other Sarghress moved in for the kill, aiming his hammer at the trapped Sharen.
As they finished her off, Ariel made a quick glance to where the rock had come from. She gasped in horror.

Author's Rant: FYI, what happened here is all YOUR fault for voting "Quain captured, but alive". All Flames for what happened in this ambush are to be directed at yourselves, not me, just saying.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:35 pm

We know what we want. Shush!
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SFI » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:We know what we want. Shush!

Considering I haven't spoilered this, you don't know what you want, actually... :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby TheJackinati275 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:21 am

i like it... Keep on Writing
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SFI » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 am

TheJackinati275 wrote:i like it... Keep on Writing

SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 18

Postby SFI » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:29 am

Her entire body was numb, which seemed to become a habit for every time she changed locations lately. She groaned lightly, reaching blindly into the room to find something to hold onto.
“You’re awake.” The words were spoken in a whisper.
“I wish I were asleep though.” Waes’soloth dragged her eyes open, coming face to face with Ariel. Above them was stone, tinted orange and red by the light coming from the window. “We are with the Vloz’ress?”
“You fainted, but we got you on a wolf and here.” Ariel nodded. “I send my companion home to bring a report of our journey.”
The purple eyes were shimmering with worry. The young Sarghress carefully took her hand.
“And what else?” The elder Drowolath dragged herself up. “What of the Sharen?”
“Dead.” The younger female got up. “Both realized who you were. I demanded his silence. I think he will do so.”
“You evade my eyes.” The other looked at her. Centuries of politics made her observant in those things. “Why? Because one more knows of me? I am here now, even if Quain finds out, what will she do?”
“Other things...” Ariel sighed. “How do you feel?”
“Weakened.” She tried to get up, but her strength failed her. “What is it? I thought we had become something like friends? Why won’t you confide in me now?”
“Because we are friends.” Ariel sighed again, tensing before she walked to a table. It was a low stone-carved thing, cheaper than one would expect for a Val-clan. She took a mirror that was on it. “Look into this.”
“Why?” Waes’soloth took it hesitantly. Her stomach was turning itself into a knot at the thought why she should see.
“Please.” Ariel retreated a bit, her eyes filled with grief. “I’m sorry.”
The elder swallowed, slowly pulling the mirror into a position she could see her face.
It was not fearful anticipation that had twisted her stomach. It was a demon.
“I... I am tainted...?” Her voice broke.
“We managed to seal the gate and defeat the Sharen, but... your attack against the dragon... the demons got you after that. We couldn’t get you out soon enough. I am sorry... so sorry.” Ariel whispered, eyes looking at the ground.
A few times she tried to speak, but it took her a while until she could form words. “I knew the risk... I knew... when I decided to deal with the demons...” Her hand shook, many of her muscles twitching. “Please... I... leave me... Go back to your mother.”
“I can’t just go.” Ariel countered, reaching for her.
“You can.” Waes’soloth pushed her hand away, cold seeping into her voice. “Go, rise to greatness, young wolf. I will lead the Vloz’ress from the shadows to strike. I am good at manipulation, after all.”
“I...” Ariel hesitated, eyes searching for something in the other’s gaze. She found nothing. “If you are certain.” She turned to the door. “I am sorry.”
“Do not be.” Her steps were still unsteady with her weakness. “Burn the Sharen to the ground. Now go, before Sarv’swati learns of your journey here and uses it.”
“Yes.” Ariel did not look back as she hurried down the corridor. Waes’soloth turned back into the room, looking around it. It was small, bare save for the small table and a bed. The window was no higher than her lower arm. A servant’s room.
There was a bundle of clothes on the ground. It was tinted a dark orange, much like she remembered Kharla wearing.
“They gave me one of Kharla’s outfits?” She whispered, spreading it out on the bed. She sighed, rubbing her head.
When Kiel arrived a short time later, she felt like she was dealing with Naal’suul once more, only older. Red-eyed, the Beldrobbaen stood at the window waiting, her eyes seeing nothing as she studied the rift outside.
“I got you a new mask.” She said, stepping up beside the elder woman. “I took the inspiration from the one Naal wore at the Moon’s End Festival.”
“Thank you.” The words were hollow, but she put it on regardless. “Any news of my clan?”
“Heh, ya ask me?” Kiel snorted. “Well, there’s plenty of gossip going around Chel, as always. They say Odelia is trying to breed herself an heir. If ye believe everything that’s said, she’s sleeping around more than a Sul, they can’t decide who her partner’s supposed to be. Khal’s among them.”
“What else?” Only at the name of her son did she react, briefly looking at the orange-haired woman beside her.
“Nothing much.” Kiel shrugged, turning to lean against the wall. “Moving troops there, doing that, planning this, the normal stuff.”

Alternate Version and ending
Last edited by SFI on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:57 am

'Tis I did not expect.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Now that Waes truly has nothing left to lose, things are going to get REALLY interesting.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SFI » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:'Tis I did not expect.

I totally warned you....

Obsidian Agent wrote:Now that Waes truly has nothing left to lose, things are going to get REALLY interesting.

She still has her life? For now, that is...
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Mirefrost00 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Urgh, so in sparing Quainy-poo's life, we doomed Waes'? Not sure how feel....

Excellent story! Another reader hooked, here. :D
Mirefrost00
Nether Spawn

Clan: Sarghress

Postby SFI » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Mirefrost00 wrote:Urgh, so in sparing Quainy-poo's life, we doomed Waes'? Not sure how feel....

Excellent story! Another reader hooked, here. :D

Heh, at the very least to tainting :P But you can't be blamed for that, so no need to feel guilty.

*starts reeling in newest catch*
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart