Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Aranea percutit Draconem - Completed

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Fri May 23, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm thinking about Quain getting captured and living
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:32 pm

I also vote for captured but lives. It would make an interesting hostage situation.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 13

Postby SFI » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:47 pm

He spend much of the time he was not with Odelia in her rooms. He personally ensured they remained untouched. These had been her things and no one was allowed to touch them. Even he himself dared not open many of the drawers in the darkened rooms.
“Mother...” He whispered, sinking down on the bed. Centuries of her living in them had permeated the room with her scent and aura. Even now, nearly two months later, they still lingered. He let himself fall backwards, the impact releasing more of her scent. Briefly, ever so briefly, he could imagine that she was still here. That she had only just left the room and would soon return.
And then the scent faded, taking his daydream with it. Despite that, he clung to the blanket he was resting on.
“I’m sorry, mother...” He should have been there. He should not have left her. He had failed her, just like he had failed Naal’suul. And now there was no one left.
There was a soft knock on the door. “Khal, it is me.” Odelia’s voice. She hesitantly entered, closing the door behind her. Now that she was Ill’haress, she no longer wore her armour, instead having chosen a dress that looked almost painfully like the one Waes’soloth used to wear. An unspoken show of loyalty to the previous Ill’haress.
“What is it?” He did not even try to hide what he had been doing, merely holding onto the blanket.
“We are worried about you.” She stated softly, approaching him slowly. “You have not eaten in weeks. Even for us Drow, that is a long time.”
“I am not hungry.” He rose from the bed, looking at her. “I lost everything, Odelia.”
“You still have the clan.” She rested her hand on his shoulder. “Does that mean nothing to you?”
“When was the last time I was here?” He demanded, looking at the hand on his shoulder. “I am no Beldrobbaen anymore.”
“You still are. Your mother never disinherited you.” She assured him. “She never stopped thinking you’d return.”
“Not on time, did I?” He freed himself from the hand, marching back into the room, away from her. “I was too late. Too weak to face her and admit my mistakes.”
“We all have that from time to time.” Odelia did not follow him as he retreated to the far window. “But you will not make things better by dying of starvation. Live for her sake. Destroy the Sarghress for her sake.”
“I never thought they’d do something like that.” Khal murmured. “I still cannot understand how they managed to do something like that.” He turned to Odelia. “How did they manage to kill my mother?”
“I cannot say.” She had to admit. Truth was, she too had also wondered about that for many sleepless nights. Waes’soloth had perfected her High Arts to such a degree that most things were done almost subconsciously. How had she not managed to shadow-walk out of danger once Sarv’swati had been safe? “Considering all the talk about what her Heiress is said to be, who knows what else Quain’tana has hidden away in that thing she calls a fortress?”
“Still...” He leaned against the windowsill, looking outside into the cavern. In the far distance the lights of artillery could be seen in the gloom. The battle was still raging.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 14

Postby SFI » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 pm

“No taint can make you survive that!” Zarv’swati screamed in horror. She raised her bloody axe again. “None!”
Chiri blinked faintly, merely feeling a mild discomfort in her shoulder. Slowly she turned, feeling nothing as she looked at the deep wound she had suffered. The axe had gone straight through her collarbone, driving itself nearly to her midriff. Blood coloured her ashen skin red, tainting the orange dress she wore. Being honest, she was more shocked at the fact that her clothes now started to slip off her body than the fact that part of her body was nearly separated from the rest.
“You overestimate yourself, as usual, Sarv’swati.” She whispered with a monotone and almost bored voice, raising her unharmed hand to point at the other. “I have my ways to survive.”
She reached for the Sharen, ignoring the wound on her side. “Let us see if the third time is truly the charm.”
Said Sharen merely swung her axe again, this time aiming at the neck.

Shortly before it would have connected with her flesh again, Chirinide shot up in her bed with a strangled cry on her lips.
“Are you alright?” Shan’naal had been woken at the abrupt move, realizing all too soon what had happened. “Was it a vision?”
“Yes.” She held her head with one hand, the other straying to where Sarv’swati’s axe had embedded itself in her body. “Sharess.”
“What did you see?” He carefully reached out to her, resting his hand on hers.
“A nightmare.” She whispered, looking at him. “What taint lets a person shrug off getting nearly chopped in half? I felt nothing... but the wound... it was so deep and yet... I was certain it wouldn’t be even remotely lethal to me... just so certain...”
“Should we warn someone?” He made for the small nightstand they had, retrieving a glass of water. Then he took one of the blankets, wrapping it around her shoulders. “You are shivering, was it this intense?”
“I was facing Sarv’swati and she had hit me with her axe...” Chiri traced the on his body where the axe had gone. “I wore... orange and was tainted. A Vloz’ress. I am not sure who to tell. Or even if. Such a taint...”
“Perhaps you had already succumbed?” He suggested, hand resting on where she had shown him the wound she had suffered.
“No.” She shook her head. “No, the seed was not in control. Perhaps we should ask... ask Kiel if she knows... the kind of seed that can do that. But let’s not alert the others yet.”
A knock sounded on the door.
“Who is there?” Shan rose from his seat beside the Warden, opening the door. He came face to face with a Drowolath-female that towered over him. She wore a leather mask, and a head-wrap that hid the rest of her head from view.
“Waes... Waeder.” He quickly corrected himself. “What are you doing here?”
“Lady Ariel requests your presence. She has visitors.” She glanced into the room at Chirinide. He could see her eyes narrow a little behind her mask as she did so. “Did something happen?”
“Nothing important.” The Kyorl’solenurn female assured her. “Tell her we will come as quickly as possible.”
The elder female hesitated briefly then merely nodded. “I will tell her.”

As they came into the room, they saw that not only Ariel was there with the rest of the squad, but also someone they immediately recognized as a Vloz’ress.
“Ah, there they are.” Ariel gestured them to the bed, where Faen was already sitting. “Shan, Chiri, this is Kiel’ndia’s cousin Fame’nidea. Kiel suggested she and various other Nether-summoners join the Sarghress to show the Vloz’ress’ support and help some against the Sharen’s summoners. Mother suggested she join us.”
Inwardly Chiri was twitching, but she managed to hide it as she greeted the Vloz’ress. Shan mirrored her, bowing briefly.
The Vloz’ress hesitated, but then returned the gesture as she pulled of her mask. She had the same vibrant orange hair as Kiel, though a bit of outgrowth was visible on her head.
“Hi.” She quickly looked away.
“You were not so shy when you invaded the Beldrobbaen district.” Came a voice from the corner. “And unleashed more goats than I ever cared to see in my entire life while you were there.”
Waes’soloth, still with her head-wrap and mask, was sitting cross-legged in the corner, looking at the ground just in front of her legs.
“Sorry?” It was clear Fame had been told by her cousin, not seeming to question the other’s presence or remark. She did seem uncertain how to react to it though.
“Took us hours to clean...” Waes’soloth pulled her own mask off. “Three were tainted, one of which has fallen to the demon by now... or at least as far as I know...” The last bit was merely whispered, nearly inaudible in the room.
“At any rate.” Ariel broke the awkward silence. “Fame will be staying with us for the time-being.”

For those curious how Chiri looked in her vision (minus blood and wound), here's a picture: http://dragonlover1986.deviantart.com/a ... -466047331
Last edited by SFI on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Hmm... chop chop. Hands flying. Awesome. Epic dreams. Love it. Tired. Things going boom! What? Yes, I am sane! No! I did not startle the author. Really? Sorry... *pat pat*. Good stuff as always.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SFI » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:Hmm... chop chop. Hands flying. Awesome. Epic dreams. Love it. Tired. Things going boom! What? Yes, I am sane! No! I did not startle the author. Really? Sorry... *pat pat*. Good stuff as always.

Actually, it was still partly attached, so no flying... Also, you should really get some sleepsies o.O
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Meh... sleep is for the weak! Wish me luck that I wont blow my self up...
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SFI » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:Meh... sleep is for the weak! Wish me luck that I wont blow my self up...

*facepalm* And then you wonder why bears sneak up on you...
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:44 pm

*Becomes terrible aware of the racoons.* Shh... those sneaky bastards will hear us...
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SFI » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Obsidian Agent wrote:So, Kiel and Chiri are on the same side for once. I don't know if I should cheer or be terrified. Or both.

*Hijacks Chiri's ability to look into the future* ... Both, depending on the point of the story xD
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 15

Postby SFI » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 pm

“They are driving a wedge between us.” Quain darkly muttered. The continuous battering from both sides was thinning the Sarghress’ path into the city. “At this rate our forces will be cut off.”
“Is there nothing we can do?” Ariel wondered, looking at the map.
“Perhaps distract their forces?” Sang Niz’zre suggested, pointing at the side of their district bordering the many lakes in one of the corners of Chel’s main cavern. “The Beldrobbaen seem to have left their flank rather open. The only problem would be to find enough to do so.”
“I would almost start suggesting asking the Vloz’ress to help us.” Kiol’dorath glowered at the table. “Though I am not entirely convinced that they will be of any use.”
“They once invaded the district with just five people and a golem.” Kel’noz stared at the orange districts near the Rift. “But getting them to the Beldrobbaen district again will be hard. Perhaps they are better suited to assault the Sharen now that Zala’ess was forced to abandon their districts for the few the Sharen had left.”
“I can go ask, if you wish?” Ariel offered, her armoured hand lightly resting on the fortress build on the very edge of the Rift. “Perhaps if we go through the Sullisun’rune lakes we can avoid the Sharen.”
“I’d certainly be happier if we get a breather to reinforce our supply-lines.” Quain’tana nodded, her eyes not once leaving the map. “Unless anyone has other suggestions, we’ll send Ariel to get them to attack something. They’ll be sure to figure something out.”
Ariel bowed lightly as she turned to leave. “By your command.”
“Oh, before I forgot.” Quain’tana stopped her. “You were looking for a keystone of Sarv’swati for your servant, were you not?”
“Yes.” Ariel nodded as she stopped to look as the elder Sarghress retrieved something from a closet that was in the room.
“We found one.” She held up a bag. “I do expect it back though.”
“Thank you.” The young wolf bowed deeper this time, before rushing out the room.
“Still wondering why they’d waste a Sarv’swati-collar on a commoner...” Kiol’dorath watched her go.
“Whoever it is, it is no Commoner.” Rosof had seen the new servant a couple of times. “She tries to act like one, but her bearing is still too much Val.”
Quain nodded. “Let her do as she wishes. Ariel is sure to know, considering she probably started the ruse. We have more important things to consider.”

“Waeder!” Ariel opened the door, looking at the two ‘servants’ in her employ. “Good news.”
“Oh?” Waes’soloth looked up in surprise. The two ‘elder’ females had been playing chess to pass the time. Faen had been watching them while Ariel was with her mother.
“Yes.” The young Heiress pulled the stone out of the satchel she had received from her mother. “Mother says this is a keystone of Sarv’swati.”
Almost immediately the elder Drowolath’s hand shot to the collar around her neck. “And she gave you that for me?”
“Hey, we’re Sarghress, remember?” Ariel offered her the blue stone. “Everyone equal. Besides, it is not as if it would weaken after use or something like that. I just have to bring it back to her after.”
Waes’soloth’s hand shook as she reached for the offered stone. Trembling, she put it on the table beside her, before pulling off the head-wrap and mask for easier access to the collar around her neck.
Yet with all that, when she lifted the stone to the one that held the thick iron band closed, her hand was steady.
With a soft click, the resonant aura’s connected, opening the lock. Diva caught the band ere it hit the floor, watching silently as Waes’soloth lowered the keystone to her knees.
“I...” The Beldrobbaen murmured. “I feel again.”
She slowly breathed out, the room darkening around her. Her hair rose slowly, wrapping around her form. “Thank you, Val’Sarghress.”
“You’re welcome.” Curious, Ariel reached for the dark mass. Upon her touch, it fell down again.
“You should recover your aura first.” Faen suggested, noting the exhaustion of the elder female. Sweat was upon her brow.
“Yes.” Waes’soloth rubbed her forehead. “Only now I feel how much that thing drained me. If you do not mind, I will lay down for a bit.”
“Don’t make it too long though.” Ariel said. “We are to go to the Vloz’ress-fortress. You might as well come with me.”
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:24 pm

"Some say that they are afraid what is in the shadows. I'm afraid about the light which causes the shadows." You are an awesome writer. :w
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SFI » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:"Some say that they are afraid what is in the shadows. I'm afraid about the light which causes the shadows." You are an awesome writer. :w

UwU You're making me blush. *blush* *blush* Thank you, it means a lot to me if people appreciate my writings :)
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 16

Postby SFI » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Waes’soloth spent the next two cycles deeply asleep, near comatose in fact. As she did so, Diva and Ariel prepared for their trip to the Vloz’ress fortress.
“Looks kinda cute.” Faen whispered while packing the few meagre possessions the Beldrobbaen had accumulated during her stay with the Sarghress. Said Beldrobbaen had curled up on her bed, cocooned in her own black hair.
“Don’t let her hear that.” Ariel answered with a wide grin. “Waes’soloth, Ill’haress and general bad-ass: cutest sleeper this side of Chel.”
Both giggled, at least until they got whacked upside the head by what appeared to be solid shadow.
“I heard that, you know.” The elder Drowolath muttered, pushing some of her hair aside. “I am right here, after all.” She got up, her hair cascading down the bed. “Why are we going to the Vloz’ress anyway?”
“Mother wants them to join in the war.” Ariel answered, rubbing her head. “She sends me to see if I can get Kiel to do something.”
“Well, that will be interesting, at least.” Waes’soloth reached for her overcoat, having stripped down to only her shirt to sleep. After months, she had lost most of her old inhibitions, forced to swallow her pride so often she was not quite certain she’d ever recover it. “Any idea what I will be doing over there?”
“Most likely switch me for Kharla.” Ariel shrugged lightly, offering her the small pack of her stuff. “You’ll figure something out.”
Waes’soloth accepted the pack. “It’ll beat having to deal with your Goddess-damned wolf.” The black-haired beast had taken a liking to the ‘servant’, enjoying jumping her and slobbering all over her mask. The mask she could not remove without fear of being recognized.
The two younger females giggled again, remembering the first time it had happened. It earned them another whack with shadows. They’d probably have complained about it had they not seen the relaxed look in the other’s eyes. It seemed like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders now that she had access to her arts again.
“At any rate, you’ll have to deal with it a bit longer.” Ariel told her. “We have to move quickly and stealthily.”
“I’ll live.” She pulled her mask on again, her hair braiding itself into the style she had worn the entire time.
“Can you teach me how to do that?” Ariel looked on with a tinge of envy. Her hair was unable by far to perform such delicate manoeuvres.
“Perhaps.” Waes pulled on the head-wrap, a faint smile playing around her hidden mouth-corner. “It took me centuries to master my High Art though, just so you know.”
“Damn.” Ariel’s ears drooped in disappointment. “We will see after the war then.”
“Yes.”

“I know Quain wants you to earn your position and not get any favours, but isn’t three companions too small a force to safeguard her heir?” Waes’soloth muttered, looking at the two wolves in front of her. One would carry a Sealer and a warrior, the other her and Ariel.
“We have to travel light.” Ariel told her. “The Sharen must not know we are moving. This is best done with a small group.”
“But not this small.” Waes’soloth hissed under her breath. “Ariel, if I were anyone beside me, any force bigger than a patrol would be a dead-sentence if you cannot escape.”
“We can spare no more.” The Heiress climbed onto her mount, offering her hand to her servant. “The Beldrobbaen and Sharen are pushing too hard for us to send more, even with our numerical advantage.”
Under the eyes of the expectant riders of the other wolf, she had no choice but to climb on. It was kinda funny to see the taller woman at the back of one that was at best a good head below her.
“Good luck.” Faen had to stay back. She and Diva stood beside the two wolves.
“You know me.” Ariel grinned, pulling on her helmet to hide her features. “Ready?”
“Yes.” Waes’soloth nodded, reaching up with one of her hands to check the security of her wrap. The other wolf-rider nodded his assent as well, moving his steed forward to beside the wolf of the heiress of the clan.
“A swift and secure journey to you, Val’Sarghress.” Diva whispered, hands clasped together in front of her chest. She added nothing, but her eyes trailed to the Ill’haress briefly.
“We ride.” Ariel nodded at the other rider, nudging her wolf to start moving down the road to the Sullisin’rune lands. It quickly took up a healthy canter.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 16

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:54 pm

:] yey new part!
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart