Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Aranea percutit Draconem - Completed

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem

Postby Dakla » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:38 am

Whispers:"Release Kharla, dollified them all...Lets play with them!"
Dakla
Tainted

Postby Tsukiko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Good story!
I wasn't expecting Kiel to come in, since you already have many chars forming an interesting potential according to the situation.
But... Why not?
And who knows beside you? Maybe her loyalty to Naal and desire to avenge her friend's mother will lead her
1) to discorver the truth and help Waes back on her throne.
2) to fall in love with someone else than the little dragon, who anyway never returned her her feelings.
Khal’harror is a prince, too, after all. :w
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby SFI » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:58 pm

“Cupcakes! We demand tiktikki-cupcakes!” She suddenly heard coming from the mass of shadows and demons behind her.
“What?” She half-turned. Somehow, the black mass fell apart until there was only one little blob left. She flicked it away. “Seriously? Ye are not taking this quite like I do.”
“Unleash Kharla, dollify them all...Let’s play with them.” Came another suggestion.
“Now that’d be an idea...” Kiel murmured, not noticing a tiny black blob who scuttled back into the greater mass around her. “But I can’t do that to sis. Well, let’s see if I can get into the Sarghress-compound as easily as the Greysies one. Fame, stay here. I have a visit to make.”
“Are you sure?” Fame rose from where she had been writing a new song.
“I got in and out of the Beldie-fortress, didn’t I?” Kiel shrugged. “Sides, I’ll fit way better there, sorta... Keep Larv away from Kharla, kay?”
“Yes.”
And so Kiel’ndia Val’Vlozress marched out of the fortress to pay a visit to the ones who had killed the mother of her best friend.

Faen had returned to the fortress, send by Ariel to check up on Waes’soloth.
“And?” She slipped into the room. Diva did not even need to answer her. The Ill’haress was still unconscious, deep lines slowly appearing on her face.
“Nothing.” Diva shook her head, rising from the chair beside the bed. “I guess she has only about a week left before she has reached the point of no return. If she does nothing to replenish was little mana she has access to before that, she will die.”
Carefully Faen sat down on the bed, extending her empathy to gently probe the elder woman’s mind. With the collar disrupting it, she could sense only very little. Perhaps her mother would have been powerful enough to override the influence, but there was no way she could ask her for help, not now.
“I will inform Ariel of this.” The Sullisinrune said after a short while. “Keep trying to wake her.”
“I will.” Diva bowed lightly as Faen left the room. “Though perhaps I need to get desperate...” She added in a murmur.
Faen had not heard it, instead leaving the fortress in haste to make it back to Ariel. The road to the city was filled with soldiers and civilians alike. The soldiers were marching for the battlefield, while most of the civilians were heading for the Sarghress-gate in a desperate attempt to get away from all the battles and destruction now raging in Chel.
She hooked up with one of the patrols though she soon tired of the relentless pace their wolves set and so rested at the road’s edge for a bit.
“Faen.” She was startled by someone saying her name. Her empathy immediately picked up on the owner’s emotion: anger.
“Who is there?” She rose from her seat, lifting her shield in front of her chest and neck. She easily located the person a short distance away in the shadows.
Bright orange appeared, tainted eyes glaring at her from behind a mask.
“Kiel...” She lowered the shield, just a little bit. “What are you doing here?”
“Gonna stab some wolves.” Kiel stepped forward, chain-blade raised high. “Where are they?”
“Why?” Faen risked a quick glance to the sides. Only commoners were nearby, the soldiers long gone from the area. They looked like they would not help her against the Vlozress.
“Cause they killed the mom of my best friend. Gonna so mess up their day for that.” Kiel shrugged. “I know ya know where they are.”
“Mom of...” She echoed, not quite following what the other meant. Then it dawned on her. “Waes’soloth...”
“Ya hit the jackpot.” Kiel pointed in the general direction of the city with her blade. “Now where are they?”
“Wait!” Faen raised her hands. “Please, you don’t have to do this, Kiel.” In response, the blade got dangerously close. She fell on her butt when back-stepping it to prevent a head-slice. “Please, let me explain.”
“What? You accidently killed her?” Kiel growled, eyes glowing now.
“She’s alive.” Faen hissed, both desperate to get the word to Kiel before Kiel stabbed her and keep it from the commoners behind her at the same time. “Please, can we talk about this where not everyone can overhear us?”
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby SFI » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:41 am

Obsidian Agent wrote:Check to see if she's telling the truth. If she is, find the ones responsible for spreading the rumor of Waes'oloth's death, and nerve gas 'em!

I think the closest thing to Nerve-gas we have are those flower-spores, and I do not want Kiel to get anywhere near THOSE
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SFI » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:52 pm

“What?” The weapon lowered a bit.
“Please, I’ll explain everything to you. Show you, if you want to.” Faen got back to her feet. “But not out here. Please.”
“I’ll give ya a chance, ye better not muck it.” Kiel’ndia lowered her weapon fully.
“Thank you.” Faen gestured to the fortress. “Are you okay with going to the Sarghress-fortress?”
“Heh, I wanted to sneak in there anyway...” Kiel chuckled, clasping her blades to her belt. “Ye can tell me stuff on the way.”
“Please don’t stab anyone.” Faen picked up her shield and started walking. “Well, how to begin...?”
On the way back she told the Vloz’ress as much as she knew and could safely tell in the presence of others. It was enough to make her consent to entering the fortress.
“She’s with me.” Faen was having a field-day having the assorted guards let the other woman pass. She thanked Sharess that Kiel was being somewhat sensible and not threatening and taunting everyone within earshot. “This way.”
The room was just as she had left it not half a cycle ago. Diva looked up in surprise when the door reopened.
“There she is.” Faen pointed her once classmate to the bed and the woman on it.
Kiel pulled her mask of her face, eyes wide as she looked the elder female over. “So ye did speak the truth... I was not certain...” Hesitantly she sat down on the side of the bed. “Ye say Sarv’swati did this?”
“She confirmed it.” Faen nodded, stepping closer. “The collar is a mana-draining one of Sarv’swati’s lineage as well. The Sharen tried to kill her, not the Sarghress.”
Kiel’ndia said nothing, staring at the mother of her best friend. “What’s wrong with her?”
“She lost all hope.” Diva spoke up, smoothing some hairs away from the drowolath’s face. “She sees no more reason to fight and so she gave up.”
“That’s a fucking load of tiki-shit.” Kiel snarled, hand tightening in the bed-sheet. “She has plenty to fight for. Her clan’s in this war!”
“And what can she do?” Diva demanded of the young Vloz’ress. “They declared her dead. She has no power.”
“So did I when Senekha killed my mom... And now look at me.” Kiel hit her armour. “I cut open a mother-killing Empress-imposter bitch a few years ago.”
Diva couldn’t stop herself from flinching at that. How many fake her’s had died by now?
“So I am NOT going to let her fucking die.” Determination filled the red eyes as she glared out the window. “I failed Naal already. I ain’t about to let her mom bite the dust just yet.”
“How do you want to do that? We can’t wake her up.” Faen countered, gesturing at the lines etched in the elder woman’s face.
“Talk to her.” Diva ordered suddenly. “She faintly reacted to her daughter’s name. Perhaps we can use her love for her children to our advantage. You know them, Kiel’ndia Val’Vloz’ress, talk about them. Remind her of them. Give her a reason to fight.”
“If ye think this’ll work.” Kiel shrugged before taking a deep breath.

Faen did not return to the squad she had left to check up on Waes’soloth. Instead she stayed in the fortress while Kiel’ndia left in a few cycles, going to Ariel in the Sullisin’rune’s stead. She left the Sarghress after only a short while, returning to her own Clan’s fortress once more.
Quain’tana and Ariel had remained unharmed, unlike her intentions when leaving. A few days later Quain got surprising backing from the Vloz’ress, who 'politely' called haledri-shit on the Sharen’s claims of a Sarghress-patrol being responsible for Waes’soloth’s loss.
It meant little, considering who were the ones calling. But it placed some doubt, for the moment halting the united front of the entirety of Chel against the Wolves.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Tsukiko » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Nice situational turnaround!
Now, maybe we will have Ariel and Kiel fighting side by side, however briefly ;)

I'd like to see a Vloz'ress troup marching at war, that must be impressive :)
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Think about it... vloz marching. Would not be as glorious as sargh or sharen marches.
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby Tsukiko » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Not glorious... Impressive!
Imagine a full legion of berserkers marching to war. Seriously, would people still look at the Vlozz like at some jester clan? XD
Tsukiko
Vel'akar

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Think about baliir as their CO... oh dear...
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:56 pm

And Kharla in front...

All the dolls everywhere o.O
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 am

Especially goth dolls, her favourite kind of dolls. *lol* }:3 *wee*
Dakla
Tainted

Postby SFI » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Dakla wrote:Especially goth dolls, her favourite kind of dolls. *lol* }:3 *wee*

SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SFI » Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 pm

“You will live, for now.” Diva told her, handing her a piece of bread. “But we must find a stone to open this collar soon, or it will all have been for naught. You cannot stay in this state for long.”
“Nothing will stop me again.” Waes’soloth’s eyes burned as she angrily tore part of the bread off. “I will destroy the Sharen, one way or another. My children... I will take my losses back a hundredfold. I never needed hope. Why I thought I had to depend on it now, Sharess may know.”
“Let us hope that the Sarghress can hold long enough against the Beldrobbaen and Sharen for that to become a reality.” Faen murmured.
“Your clan is out for blood, more than I ever saw before.” Diva agreed.
“They are surprisingly loyal.” Waes’soloth murmured. “I thought quite some of them would jump at the chance to rule the moment I am gone...”
“Shadows can be deep without it being visible.” Diva chuckled. “What will you do?”
“I must rejoin my ‘mistress’ now that I am back on my feet.” The Val’Beldrobbaen rose to her feet. “It will put me close to any found Sarv’swati stones as well. After that? I will have to find another place to hide.”
“Why?” Faen rose as well, retrieving the other woman’s clothes. The bandages could no longer be worn, since even by now her wounds should have healed. They would keep the mask, saying her face had been too mutilated to heal properly. At least they had managed to find some more covering clothes.
Diva helped the Sullisin’rune dress the elder woman. “You fear you’ll be found out?”
“You know my aura, Diva.” Waes’soloth dusted off her mask. “Do you think I could hide that in a crowd? Even a fool with only rudimentary aura-vision and mana-sensing abilities will realize I am not some random commoner as is being claimed.”
“That is going to be a problem.” The Dokkalfar agreed, stepping back to regard her handiwork. Yes, identity successfully hidden. “Perhaps... The Vloz’ress are on our side. It is said Kharla’s aura covers an entire fortress with ease by now. If you are close to her, even you should be drowned out.”
“From Sarghress to Vloz’ress...” Waes’soloth growled. “How much deeper can I fall?”
“Pride is as wrong here as hope.” Faen murmured. “It’s either this or revealing yourself. You can’t hide like Sil’lice did.”
“I can wish I could.” The elder female marched out of the room, forcing the two other to all but run to catch up with her. “Where is Ariel?”
“I’ll lead you to her.”

“You’re awake.” Ariel greeted the new arrivals in relief. “Are you sure you do not need to rest more?”
“I rested long enough.” Her masked servant countered, her voice still rough from the fire-smoke. It would probably never properly heal.
“If you are certain.” Ariel gestured her to a building nearby. “How’s your physical combat-ability?”
“Once good, but it has been quite a while since I last trained it.” Waes admitted. “No need.”
Ariel nodded in understanding. She opened the door to let them in. “My mother is elsewhere. We figured it best that despite being at the frontlines, we do not give them one target to take us all down.”
“Any luck finding a key-stone?” Waes’soloth sat down on the bed in Ariel’s newly appointed bedroom.
“No, she seems to make certain to swipe clean her strongholds ere abandoning them.” Ariel looked out the window with crossed arms. “I asked my mother, but she has not heard of any key stones being found either. By now, all of her Keystones will be behind the Nuqrah-alliance lines. We will not get to them any time soon.”
“That is bad.” Diva spoke up. “She might have recovered, but she cannot stay with this collar for much long. If she does mana-deprivation will set in regardless.”
“Mother will not make push for a mere commoner.” Ariel paced in the room. “Yet we have no other way of possibly penetrating deep enough.”
“Maybe Chrys can help us?” Faen suggested. “Surely she can get to a keystone of her aunt?”
“I doubt Chrys is gonna turn up any time soon with what happened...” Ariel murmured. “Damnit.”
“We’ll think of something.” Surprisingly, it was Waes’soloth cutting short the talk about how to save her. “How is the situation here beside that?”
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby SFI » Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Hey, I need your help with something, guys: I basically have three endings to this fanfic, and I can't decide for the live of me which to write out and writing all three is just gonna take forever...

So maybe you can help me decide? :3 The options available are:
    Quain is gonna be totally ok
    Quain gets Captured, but Lives
    Quain Dies
All three will be majorly different save for a few key-points, but if I tell more I'm probably gonna spoil everything, which is kinda dumb too... So yeah, lessee what the final count is in three weeks at 12th of June.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Thu May 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Quain gets captured but lives, I like her but do not mind to see her roughed up. :B
Dakla
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart