Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Aranea percutit Draconem - Completed

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 25

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:36 pm

An update! An update!

*bounces happily*
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby SFI » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:39 am

CutieSquiggoth wrote:An update! An update!

*bounces happily*

You're welcome? *ooo* *smallsmile*
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 am

SFI wrote:
CutieSquiggoth wrote:An update! An update!

*bounces happily*

You're welcome? *ooo* *smallsmile*

*hugs* :)
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 26

Postby SFI » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

She sighed, walking through the fortress to the exit. The guards opened it for her, bowing lightly as she passed them. Outside, she hesitated, looking up at the cavern-ceiling briefly. The young female was alone, having ditched her guards and friends alike for an hour of private time.
And so she purposefully marched over to the tower the Vloz’ress had gotten. Kharla’ggen’s room was on the top-floor, meaning about seven sets of stairs to climb.
“Ey, Ariel!” Kiel greeted her with a slap on the shoulder as she started climbing the stairs. “What bring ya to our side of the cave?”
“I need to talk to Kharla about something.” The Sarghress answered her, suddenly finding her arm in a dead-grip.
“Sis is kinda busy with Waes at the moment.” The Vloz’ress answered, pulling her close. “Ye might wanna wait a bit.”
“It’s important.” Ariel squirmed to get free. “And I don’t really have much time.”
Kiel shrugged at that, letting go. “Don’t say I didn’t warn ye.” She descended the stairs again, going back into the room from where she had ambushed her host.
Shaking her head, the ‘Ill’haress’ of the Sarghress went back to climbing up the stairs. Soon she reached the top floor. There were only two doors there: one to Kharla’s room and another to a smaller room that was intended as a large broom-closet, but now housed the three attendants of the Ill’haress.
She first opened the attendant-room, only to find it empty. Frowning, she looked down the stairs. She had not seen or heard any of them in the rooms she passed. Turning on her heel, she made for the door of Kharla’s room, intending to ask her where Waes’soloth was.
The first thing she did was regretting she had not knocked. The second was close the door as quietly as she could. The third sneaking down the stairs to murder Kiel.

“Hey, I warned ye that she was busy.” Kiel snickered, patting Ariel’s shoulder.
“You could have warned me she was that kind of busy.” Ariel slapped her hand away. “I thought you meant a tea-party or something.”
Kiel smirked, sitting down opposite of her. “So what where they doing today? Yesterday they...”
A whack with a staff interrupted her, the other Beldrobbaen-female of Kharla’ggen’s attendants having decided to interfere. “Please do not speak of the Mistresses so.” She held a tray with drinks in her free hand, offering it to the Sarghress.
“Hey, I am the second in command here.” Kiel complained, rubbing her head. “Can ya believe these Beldies? Ever since Waes is here, they obey her above me!”
“She is an Ill’haress.” It was Ariel’s turn to snicker, taking one of the drinks with a grateful nod towards the Beldrobbaen. “Their Ill’haress even.”
“Except that they left her clan to come to me.” Kiel also took a drink, only grumpily nodding in thanks. Mere moments later she started grinning again though. “So, what did ye wanna talk about that it could not wait until they were done with ‘sexy times’?”
“Something I only want to talk about with Waes and Kharla.” Ariel contemplated if it would be feasible to throw the cup in the other’s face. “Did you already decide who to bring?”
“Eh... Probably Baliir and one of my Summoners.” Kiel shrugged with a grin. She leaned back into the couch. “Who knows, maybe I decide to go all weird and take one of the Kyorls.” Her eyes narrowed a bit as she looked at Ariel over her cup. “Are ye gonna tell yer folks that the attendant is Waes herself?”
“That is among others what I want to talk to your sister about.” Ariel looked at the drink in her cup, studying the clear water.

“At this rate, blood-clods are going to kill me before you do.” Quain’tana rolled her eyes as she looked up at her hands. They were starting to go numb from the lack of movement she could give them.
“Don’t worry, they won’t.” Odelia assured her, having just told her prisoner about the imminent execution. Said prisoner seemed to take it all in stride. “I will personally make sure of that.”
“Great, a baby-sitter.” Quain snorted in disdain. “Should I be honoured, Ill’haress?”
“Are you trying to get me to kill you earlier?” This time the Beldrobbaen managed to keep her cool, though only barely.
“Hey, sue me for not knowing all of your traditions.” The Sarghress dryly countered. “Is it an insult when the Ill’haress starts baby-sitting?”

“You are insane.” Shinae declared as she followed Chrys’tel towards the Sarghress fortress. “They’ll kill you, stone or no.”
“I need to know.” Zala’ess’ daughter hissed over her shoulder. “I need to know why Kiel is doing this.”
“What does it matter anyway?” Her Protector-twin shrugged. “Even if she switches sides again, who will trust her again?”
“It matters because she is our friend.” Chrys stopped to turn and face her sibling. “If you mind, go home to mother.”
“You know I can’t do that.” Shinae reminded her.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Kharla and Waes, sitting in a cave, s-e-x-ing each other up.

And Chrys, for now Shinae is absolutely right, head for the surface instead, drink Piña Coladas in the sun,
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby SFI » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Metzger wrote:Kharla and Waes, sitting in a cave, s-e-x-ing each other up.

And Chrys, for now Shinae is absolutely right, head for the surface instead, drink Piña Coladas in the sun,

Not only Kharla and Waes XD

Do Drow even HAVE Piña Coladas? :O
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:09 pm

well I do not know the attendants name so I took some artistic freedom... :B
and if they don't have Pina Colada, it must be introduced to them, preferably by the hermiones, conquer, murder and pillage...and afterwards pina Colada
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Metzger wrote:well I do not know the attendants name so I took some artistic freedom... :B
and if they don't have Pina Colada, it must be introduced to them, preferably by the hermiones, conquer, murder and pillage...and afterwards pina Colada

Wouldn't the Hermiones be more likely to introduce the drow to Mead? And drinking in long houses etc?

Nice update SFI :) I'm so glad I don't have to imagine something just because I read it
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby TheJackinati275 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:15 am

CutieSquiggoth wrote:Wouldn't the Hermiones be more likely to introduce the drow to Mead? And drinking in long houses etc?

Agreed, Hermionnes would probably be much more likely to introduce mead to the Drows, that is if they were peaceful, although the highland raiders could have just stolen the Mead and distributed it through the underground to raise a profit!
TheJackinati275
Tainted

Postby SFI » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 am

CutieSquiggoth wrote:I'm so glad I don't have to imagine something just because I read it

What's so bad then? :O

TheJackinati275 wrote:
CutieSquiggoth wrote:Wouldn't the Hermiones be more likely to introduce the drow to Mead? And drinking in long houses etc?

Agreed, Hermionnes would probably be much more likely to introduce mead to the Drows, that is if they were peaceful, although the highland raiders could have just stolen the Mead and distributed it through the underground to raise a profit!

You do realize mead would probably be insanely expensive? XD
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:00 pm

that would not be a problem for the highland raiders, crazy expensive equals crazy profit
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby SFI » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Metzger wrote:that would not be a problem for the highland raiders, crazy expensive equals crazy profit

It would be a problem if no one can afford buying it XD
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Metzger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:59 pm

the Vals can buy pretty much anything
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 27

Postby SFI » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:18 pm

“So that’s settled.” In the end, Ariel had spend 4 cycles at the Vloz’ress, first to wait until she could actually talk to Kharla and Waes and then to explain her plan in such a way that Kharla followed it. “I’ll see if I can find you some armour, Kharla.”
“That is very much appreciated.” Waes’soloth answered, sitting beside Kharla in a meditative lotus-position. “I doubt her powers stop swords.”
“Not directly at least.” Ariel agreed, getting up from where she had been sitting on the ground. “I’ll leave you to it then.”
“One more thing.” Waes’soloth called out as the Sarghress turned to leave the room. “We lost our tailor and I need some more... flexible clothing. Could you?”
“Sure. I’ll see if I can get some orange in there too.” Ariel assured her as she left.

“I wish I could go with you.” Faen whispered, leaning against her lover.
“And then what?” Ariel wrapped her arm around the smaller female. “Your mother is already coming with us and – no offense – she is far more powerful than you are. There’d be no use for you.”
“Yeah...” The Sullisin’rune sighed softly. “Just don’t get yourself killed, okay?”
“Hey, with all of those capable people around?” The Sarghress chuckled lightly. “I’ll be lucky if I see any fighting to begin with.”
“You’re still the one leading this... mission.” Faen reminded her, wrapping her arms around Ariel’s neck. “And what about...?”
“We’ll have to see.” Ariel looked at her hair. Briefly concentrating, it was soon a vibrant red. “How does this look on me?”
“It’s a bit much...”Faen tilted her head. “Are you sure that you need to do that?”
“Yes.” The taller female nodded, her cheek rubbing against the light-blue hair of the woman she was still holding.
“Then perhaps...” She extracted herself from the embrace, walking over to the small side-table beside their bed. “Perhaps this’ll work...”
“Uh... what exactly?” Ariel tilted her head questioningly when Faen came back with several hair-clips and black ribbons in her hand.
“Sit still and we’ll see.” Faen climbed onto the bed behind her, carefully combing the hair with her fingers before setting to work.

Someone knocked on her door. Chirinide looked up in surprise, not having expected anyone. “Who is there?” Shan had gone to find them some drinks.
“It’s me.” The Kyorl’solenurn did a double-take when she recognized the voice, getting up at once to open the door.
“Kiel’ndia?” She blinked in surprise. “What in Sharess’ name are you doing here?”
“Can I come inside?” The Vloz’ress counter-asked. “I’d rather not everyone hears.”
“... Sure.” The Warden moved aside, allowing the orange-haired female to enter.
“Did Ariel tell ye what she’s planning to pull?” Without a care in the world Kiel dropped down on the bed.
“Faen did.” The golden-haired Ssu answered with a light frown. “Why does that bring you here?”
“Ye wanna come?” Kiel crossed her legs, leaning back slightly. “I have a spot on my team... and can ye imagine the fuck going down when a Kyorl works with... well, moi?”
“And you are serious about it too, I can tell...” Chiri shook her head. “Why me?”
“Cause in that giant shit-storm of the dragons, what’s a second?” Kiel flung her arms in the air, grinning widely. “C’mon, it’ll be hilarious.”
“You are insane.” The Seer stated in disdain, knowing full well that that was more of a compliment than anything. “Can Shan come?”
“Sorry, ya’d fill the quota.” Kiel shook her head, idly fiddling with the sword left leaning against the wall.
“He is my blade.” Chiri snatched the sword away before Kiel stabbed someone with it. Or launched it into a wall.
“Nah, that thing is.” Kiel wagged her finger at the sword. “So, ya in or what?”
“I’ll talk to Shan about it.” The Kyorl answered after a short pause. “I’ll tell you this evening.”
“Good enough.” Kiel fist-bumped her shoulder, marching outside again. She nearly ran into the Templar living in those room, but only waved at him as she disappeared down the corridor.
“What was she doing here?” Shan asked, having only saved their drinks from spilling everywhere by virtue of them being in closed bottles.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 28

Postby SFI » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:54 pm

A day later a suit of armour was delivered to the Vloz’ress tower for Kharla’ggen, as well as an orange dress with black pants for Waes’soloth. Chirinide consented to joining the little expedition into the Dome, though her blade was less than amused that he could not join her as well.
In just a couple of hours Ariel had stated she would speak to as many of their forces as could be gathered in both the short notice and heavy fighting in the city. She was now sitting in one of the more secluded rooms of her fortress, together with those that would join her the next day.
“Are you sure telling everyone is the best option right now?” Ash’waren had managed to find herself a suit of armour somewhere, having sent it to the Sarghress-smiths for fixing. She was now twirling her helmet in one hand. “There are bound to be spies who will warn the Sharen.”
“I am not going to tell them about the Dome-infiltration.” Ariel assured her. “However, I will tell them about the Dome-attack.”
“It’s rather too late to change it now at any rate.” Koil’dorath countered. “What I like to know is why we are gathered here. How complicated can it be beside ‘getting in, crashing the party, getting out’?”
“Our attendant.” Kharla’ggen pointed at the female beside her. She had put on her new clothes already. Chiri had gotten a small twitch when seeing her for the first time: she now knew who had been in her vision. “Ariel deemed you to know.”
“Know what?” Quillýate leaned against the wall, flexing her hand absent-mindedly.
“You tell me.” The attendant spoke up softly, removing her mask. She was answered by the sound of a helmet falling to the ground.
“Waes...?” Sil’lice breathed in shock, her eyes soon filling with horror. “What...?”
“Your sister.” The Val’Beldrobbaen rested her hands with the mask still in them in her lap, looking at the Sharen with unmoved, blood-red eyes. The Vloz’ress and Kyorl’solenurn said nothing at that, pointedly looking elsewhere. “And her daughter. Did you think Ariel made hollow claims to Quain’tana about who caused my loss?”
“You... you were Ariel’s...” Koil’dorath pointed from her little sister to the Beldrobbaen and back. “All this time?”
“Yes.” Ariel nodded, rising from her seat. “This was why I was so... desperate to get into contact with Khal’harror when this mess started. I had decided to indebt the Val’Beldrobbaen to us, by aiding them in regaining Waes’soloth. By the time I lost all hope for that, it had become too late for me to admit to mother that I held her.”
“So my mother died because you were soft on a thrice-cursed Val?” The orange-haired woman snarled, getting up as well.
“I did not expect Khal to be as unreasonable as he proved to be.” Ariel did not back down. “And believe me, had I know what the Sharen’s treachery would cost us, I would have gone about things differently.” Her purple eyes narrowed, as she returned the stare with equal power. “I did not want any to die, but what would you had me do? The Beldrobbaen would have been valuable, had we gained them.”
“But we did not.” Ash’waren whispered. “Hundreds died because of this, Ariel.”
“And the Sharen will burn ere this is done.” Waes’soloth calmly said. “I have nothing left to lose. Come what may, Zarv’swati will not make tomorrow’s evening.”
“We will see them dance in our wrath.” Kharla’ggen’s hands tightened around the doll she still carried with her. A little, untainted Waes’soloth peeked from between her hands.
“It matters little now. What is done, is done.” Quill pulled the Nori’fu back to her seat. “Had it worked, we would be praising Ariel now. We ought not to blame her for taking chances: we did it ourselves often enough, and not always successfully.”
“There’s something else we hafta talk about.” Kiel finally spoke up, twirling her dagger idly in her fingers. She was sitting behind Waes’soloth and Kharla. “It might cheer ye up, Koil...”

True to her word, Ariel spoke not of the hidden infiltration on the Dome, instead announcing to the clan that they would assault it from different directions. The assault on the front-gates would be led by Kel’noz, Sang and Rosof, while an assault against the ‘backside’ would be under command of herself and Koil. In truth, the second assault would be led by their seconds, the truth to be kept secret until the ten had long entered the Dome through the sewers.
She managed to inflame the pride and battle-lust of the Sarghress, calling upon their identification of anti-Val and Quain’tana-followers.
She was unskilled in speaking to the masses, but her open and honest determination and speech seemed to win them over far faster than would have any flowery speech.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart