Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Aranea percutit Draconem - Completed

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 24

Postby SFI » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 am

Metzger wrote:I don't know if this is a good thing or not for Ariel

That depends, I guess :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:51 am

And I am current, wai! *bounces happily* Lovely story so far :)

With the Vloz'ress decamping I'm assuming that their gate out of Chel will be at best lightly guarded. That could be, problematic?

*summons 2 slaves and 10,000 warriors and marches upon the Vloz'ress gate*
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby SFI » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:23 am

CutieSquiggoth wrote:And I am current, wai! *bounces happily* Lovely story so far :)

With the Vloz'ress decamping I'm assuming that their gate out of Chel will be at best lightly guarded. That could be, problematic?

*summons 2 slaves and 10,000 warriors and marches upon the Vloz'ress gate*

Well, it's not like anyone needs to be kept out :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:28 am

SFI wrote:Well, it's not like anyone needs to be kept out :P

Oh, you never know when an unexpected army may turns up :) Say the Black Sun or some uppity dwarves.

Or me :)
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Dakla » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:42 am

The wolves and the snakes are merging now. }:3
Dakla
Tainted

Postby SFI » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Dakla wrote:The wolves and the snakes are merging now. }:3

Does that make them something like this? yes, I know that is snake/cat, gimme a break :P

SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Dakla » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:35 pm

SFI wrote:
Dakla wrote:The wolves and the snakes are merging now. }:3

Does that make them something like this? yes, I know that is snake/cat, gimme a break :P

*oops* *eek* *lol* I WANT IT !!!!!! :A
Dakla
Tainted

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 25

Postby SFI » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:14 pm

“... Lost a couple dozen minions and nagas though.” Kiel told her, sitting on the edge of the table. “But everything valuable we got through.”
“Good... good.” Ariel had only been listening with half an ear at best.
“What do you plan now?” Ash’waren softly whispered, playing absent-mindedly with the sealing-gem Kharla had idly put on the table as she carried one on her person at all times now. “Your letter said to get Quain back, but how do you intend to manage that? She is in the middle of the Beldrobbaen-fortress, if still that.”
Kel’noz tilted his head softly. “This will not be like with the Empress a couple years ago, Ariel.”
“I know.” She sighed. “But one of the Fallen came back with this...” She reached to the side, where a servant stood with a scroll. He handed it to her and she unrolled it. It was a poster.
“They want to execute her?” Kiol’dorath read it in disbelief. “Are they barking mad?”
“They know the Sarghress will shatter if she dies.” A monotone voice murmured. Wearing bright orange, one of Kharla’ggen’s attendants was also present. The feel of nether around her was sickening to Itan’sha, the Mae’yukir Dev’ess, standing next to her.
“I know that. Hence, we need to do something.” Ariel sighed, looking up for the first time since most of them had entered the room. “Suggestions?”
“Where will the execution be?” Rosof reached for the poster with his hand.
“The Imperial Dome.” Ariel whispered, jabbing at the miniature on the map. “In three days.”
“They are desperate.” Sang growled lightly. “They know that the longer they keep her alive, the bigger the chance that we find a way to save her.”
“She’ll be well-guarded. And now that we lost the bottleneck into Chel...” Kel’noz frowned. “I don’t think we could get to her underway, not before they kill her, at least.”
“Why not in the Dome?” Kharla’ggen’s attendant suggested. “They will leave their main guard at the gate, but if a small group manages to circumvent that...”
“That is...” Ash’waren was about to contradict her, only to have her mouth painfully slam shut.
“Kharla!” The young Val’Sarghress Ill’haress sharply said. “Please don’t do that.” The invisible grip on Ash’waren’s lower jaw relaxed, allowing her to move it again.
“You think it possible?” Ariel turned to the orange-clad woman. “How?”
“There are back-entrances to the Dome.” The Vloz’ress reached for the miniature, lifting it to weigh it in her hand. “I know of some. If something kept the defenders busy, I should be able to lead a group from one of them to the Council-room.”
“How?” Sil’lice demanded as she rested her hand on the shoulder of Ash’waren, who was rubbing her sore jaw.
“Does that matter right now?” Kiel countered. “Do ye have a better idea?”
“I am just wondering if a suicide-run is really the only option we have.” Kiol’dorath sharply answered.
“Unless someone can come up with an idea to free her in the Beldrobbaen, yes, it is.” Sang was forced to agree. “We’d never get her out of there in three days.”
“We will go.” Kharla’ggen spoke up. “We will help getting the Wolf out.”
“Where Sis goes, I go.” Kiel stated immediately, looking briefly at the attendant.
“Are we seriously contemplating breaking into the Imperial Dome?” Sil’lice demanded in disbelief.
“We are not contemplating it, we are planning it, Val Sil’lice.” Ariel answered slowly. “Where is the back-entrance nearest to the room?”
“That I know of? Here.” The Vloz’ress pointed at a spot that would be pointing at the Vloz’ress fortress. “Half a mile from here orso there is an opening into the sewers. Unless they closed it.”
Kiel snorted. “There we go again. Obligatory sewer-level of the quest.”
“If we’re really doing this I insist on coming.” Ash’waren spoke up. “You’ll probably need my knowledge of the Dome more than you do that of a Vloz’ress.”
“I still say this is madness.” Sil’lice shook her head. “But if everyone agrees, I will go.”
“I do not see a better option.” The only Ssu in the group sighed sharply as she looked in distaste to the three females next to her. “But Vloz’ress?”
“Yes.” Ariel suddenly grew angry. “Who is the damn Ill’haress here? ME. And so we will do things my way. Got a problem with that?”
“She is just wondering if there is no other way.” Kel’noz came to the Dev’ess’ defense.
“We do not have time to look for one.” The Vloz’ress almost slammed the miniature down as she spoke in her dead voice. “We only have one go, because after that Quain’tana will be dead. They will not expect someone to penetrate the Dome.”
“I’ll lead the diversion outside.” Rosof broke the ensuing silence. “An assault will draw the defences to the gates and leave the Dome relatively empty.”
“Who else will go then? How many should go?” Her voice betrayed her disapproval at the idea, but the Dev’ess of the Nori’fu also saw no other option than this.
“Sil’lice, Ash’waren, Kharla’ggen, Kiel’ndia, Kharla’s attendant...” Sang counted on her fingers. “Perhaps five others? Split evenly between Sarghress and Vloz’ress?”
“I will go myself as well.” Ariel took the Dome into her hand, turning it a few times as she studied it. “She is right. Either this works, or all fails.”
“Ariel...” The idea of losing another family-member horrified him. Kel’noz’ voice sounded strangely weak as he spoke.
“I. Will. Go.” She did not look at him as she repeated herself. “You and the Dev’esses will assault the Sharen and the Dome for the distraction. I will not sit by and let the others do this on their own.”
“If you’re going, so will I.” Her elder sister spoke up. “Can’t let my little sister and Ill’haress march to her doom on her own.”
“Not to mention Quain would never forgive us if something happened to you.” Her aunt added. “I do not want to be around should that ever happen. Count me in.”
“I’ll choose two more of ours then.” Kiel nodded as if everything was settled now.
“This remains unspoken until I have announced it.” Ariel looked at everyone. They could see that her hands were clutching the miniature... as if to hide their trembling in fear. Their admiration for the young girl grew.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Isaiah Cortez » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:34 pm

ooh... its getting really interesting!
Isaiah Cortez
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Postby SFI » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Isaiah Cortez wrote:ooh... its getting really interesting!

Isn't it always? :P
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:36 pm

An update! An update!

*bounces happily*
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby SFI » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:39 am

CutieSquiggoth wrote:An update! An update!

*bounces happily*

You're welcome? *ooo* *smallsmile*
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 am

SFI wrote:
CutieSquiggoth wrote:An update! An update!

*bounces happily*

You're welcome? *ooo* *smallsmile*

*hugs* :)
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 26

Postby SFI » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

She sighed, walking through the fortress to the exit. The guards opened it for her, bowing lightly as she passed them. Outside, she hesitated, looking up at the cavern-ceiling briefly. The young female was alone, having ditched her guards and friends alike for an hour of private time.
And so she purposefully marched over to the tower the Vloz’ress had gotten. Kharla’ggen’s room was on the top-floor, meaning about seven sets of stairs to climb.
“Ey, Ariel!” Kiel greeted her with a slap on the shoulder as she started climbing the stairs. “What bring ya to our side of the cave?”
“I need to talk to Kharla about something.” The Sarghress answered her, suddenly finding her arm in a dead-grip.
“Sis is kinda busy with Waes at the moment.” The Vloz’ress answered, pulling her close. “Ye might wanna wait a bit.”
“It’s important.” Ariel squirmed to get free. “And I don’t really have much time.”
Kiel shrugged at that, letting go. “Don’t say I didn’t warn ye.” She descended the stairs again, going back into the room from where she had ambushed her host.
Shaking her head, the ‘Ill’haress’ of the Sarghress went back to climbing up the stairs. Soon she reached the top floor. There were only two doors there: one to Kharla’s room and another to a smaller room that was intended as a large broom-closet, but now housed the three attendants of the Ill’haress.
She first opened the attendant-room, only to find it empty. Frowning, she looked down the stairs. She had not seen or heard any of them in the rooms she passed. Turning on her heel, she made for the door of Kharla’s room, intending to ask her where Waes’soloth was.
The first thing she did was regretting she had not knocked. The second was close the door as quietly as she could. The third sneaking down the stairs to murder Kiel.

“Hey, I warned ye that she was busy.” Kiel snickered, patting Ariel’s shoulder.
“You could have warned me she was that kind of busy.” Ariel slapped her hand away. “I thought you meant a tea-party or something.”
Kiel smirked, sitting down opposite of her. “So what where they doing today? Yesterday they...”
A whack with a staff interrupted her, the other Beldrobbaen-female of Kharla’ggen’s attendants having decided to interfere. “Please do not speak of the Mistresses so.” She held a tray with drinks in her free hand, offering it to the Sarghress.
“Hey, I am the second in command here.” Kiel complained, rubbing her head. “Can ya believe these Beldies? Ever since Waes is here, they obey her above me!”
“She is an Ill’haress.” It was Ariel’s turn to snicker, taking one of the drinks with a grateful nod towards the Beldrobbaen. “Their Ill’haress even.”
“Except that they left her clan to come to me.” Kiel also took a drink, only grumpily nodding in thanks. Mere moments later she started grinning again though. “So, what did ye wanna talk about that it could not wait until they were done with ‘sexy times’?”
“Something I only want to talk about with Waes and Kharla.” Ariel contemplated if it would be feasible to throw the cup in the other’s face. “Did you already decide who to bring?”
“Eh... Probably Baliir and one of my Summoners.” Kiel shrugged with a grin. She leaned back into the couch. “Who knows, maybe I decide to go all weird and take one of the Kyorls.” Her eyes narrowed a bit as she looked at Ariel over her cup. “Are ye gonna tell yer folks that the attendant is Waes herself?”
“That is among others what I want to talk to your sister about.” Ariel looked at the drink in her cup, studying the clear water.

“At this rate, blood-clods are going to kill me before you do.” Quain’tana rolled her eyes as she looked up at her hands. They were starting to go numb from the lack of movement she could give them.
“Don’t worry, they won’t.” Odelia assured her, having just told her prisoner about the imminent execution. Said prisoner seemed to take it all in stride. “I will personally make sure of that.”
“Great, a baby-sitter.” Quain snorted in disdain. “Should I be honoured, Ill’haress?”
“Are you trying to get me to kill you earlier?” This time the Beldrobbaen managed to keep her cool, though only barely.
“Hey, sue me for not knowing all of your traditions.” The Sarghress dryly countered. “Is it an insult when the Ill’haress starts baby-sitting?”

“You are insane.” Shinae declared as she followed Chrys’tel towards the Sarghress fortress. “They’ll kill you, stone or no.”
“I need to know.” Zala’ess’ daughter hissed over her shoulder. “I need to know why Kiel is doing this.”
“What does it matter anyway?” Her Protector-twin shrugged. “Even if she switches sides again, who will trust her again?”
“It matters because she is our friend.” Chrys stopped to turn and face her sibling. “If you mind, go home to mother.”
“You know I can’t do that.” Shinae reminded her.
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Aranea percutit Draconem - Chapter 26

Postby Metzger » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Kharla and Waes, sitting in a cave, s-e-x-ing each other up.

And Chrys, for now Shinae is absolutely right, head for the surface instead, drink Piña Coladas in the sun,
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart