Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Cameo Brainstorming

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:43 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Er, what's that about not going back to Felde? o_O What am I gonna do with all these Dvergar tech cannons loaded with 152mm alloy plated steel? *oops*

Kern said during a live stream that we wouldn't be going back to Felde. Though there will be a short interlude next chapter right at the start, so I think he meant there wouldn't be a chapter devoted to Felde in the future, or at least in the foreseeable future. This makes some sense as Snadhya will be focused on Chel's machinations and probably will either have her agents acting there or return herself.

Which is a bit of a bummer, wouldn't mind Fia popping up there again but I do like my hunter idea a bit better...
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Disestablish » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 am

Pitdragon wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Er, what's that about not going back to Felde? o_O What am I gonna do with all these Dvergar tech cannons loaded with 152mm alloy plated steel? *oops*

Kern said during a live stream that we wouldn't be going back to Felde. Though there will be a short interlude next chapter right at the start, so I think he meant there wouldn't be a chapter devoted to Felde in the future, or at least in the foreseeable future. This makes some sense as Snadhya will be focused on Chel's machinations and probably will either have her agents acting there or return herself.

Which is a bit of a bummer, wouldn't mind Fia popping up there again but I do like my hunter idea a bit better...

Given what he said, I assumed that interlude would be with Nidraa'chal agents in Chel right now, not Felde. Probably doing what they do best, fanning the flames of conflict.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Disestablish » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 am

Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Vanin'nern looks like a formidable nether researcher! She would have had a field day in chapter 47...maybe we can entice Big Red to come out again, just for her benefit! "Interview with a Demon God" *heehee*

I must be part Jaal, because I'd be interested in talking with Vanin about just how nether seeds attach to an aura...especially after reading about Laele and how Sillice ripped the demon out along with "most" of her aura. The fact that the procedure left a fragment of aura behind is just fascinating, and must be a key to unraveling how tainting can eventually be undone. Now, if Quain will allow the Jaals to examine Laele a bit... *shot* :U

Why indeed there are some rumoured methods undo tainting, though anyone tainted with a unsafe seed is obviously a fool and little deserves such a chance, one of them in the city of Char! Sadly, Sndahya'rune has not given me leave to travel there to study the unique methods of nether summoning in Char, using the fact that the last time I was sent to study the Volz'ress I disappeared for three years and was only rediscovered when I quite accidentally destroyed half a caravan on route to Felde with a squad of experimental berserkers. Quite ridiculous really, I was just testing them! What is science without sacrifice?!
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Disestablish wrote:
Pitdragon wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:Er, what's that about not going back to Felde? o_O

Given what he said, I assumed that interlude would be with Nidraa'chal agents in Chel right now, not Felde. Probably doing what they do best, fanning the flames of conflict.

I see...makes sense, it must have been a bit of a psychological blow to Snad to not only be attacked in what she thought was her safe haven, but to be stabbed herself. If I was her, I'd send my agents out on the offensive too, if only to forestall another attack. Oh, and do a little landscaping...like installing battlements on the outer buildings (or build a wall), and ring the city-state with mana cannons. Getting the airship fixed would be a priority too. And if I had the drowpower, set up an outer ring of outposts. It was a real poochscrew that the Mimian attack force could make it all the way to Felde without some sort of early warning. So yeah, that'll take time, and nothing to see inside the city until DROWMAGEDDON 1115! :V (I bet the next time we get a look at Felde, it'll look quite different than before...)

Disestablish wrote:
Basileus_Ioannis wrote:I must be part Jaal, because I'd be interested in talking with Vanin about just how nether seeds attach to an aura...especially after reading about Laele and how Sillice ripped the demon out along with "most" of her aura. The fact that the procedure left a fragment of aura behind is just fascinating, and must be a key to unraveling how tainting can eventually be undone. Now, if Quain will allow the Jaals to examine Laele a bit... *shot* :U

Why indeed there are some rumoured methods undo tainting, though anyone tainted with a unsafe seed is obviously a fool and little deserves such a chance, one of them in the city of Char! Sadly, Sndahya'rune has not given me leave to travel there to study the unique methods of nether summoning in Char, using the fact that the last time I was sent to study the Volz'ress I disappeared for three years and was only rediscovered when I quite accidentally destroyed half a caravan on route to Felde with a squad of experimental berserkers. Quite ridiculous really, I was just testing them! What is science without sacrifice?!

ikr? Can't make an omelette and all that...whagaaah, what am I saying?! :@ The Sarghress in me is strangling the Jaal in me...and is now getting eye-poked by a Jaal golem tentacle...mgrrrnnn...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: Bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the (Mist) Sea

Postby Disestablish » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Another chapter starting and not so much as a peep on this thread? For shame.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby partner555 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Disestablish wrote:Another chapter starting and not so much as a peep on this thread? For shame.

Everyone already thought of their best ideas perhaps? I know that I for one am merely bringing back two previous cameos without any changes.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:25 am

Well, I was a little late, so I missed the Illhr'dro cameos. Instead I have been thinking of a Sarghress cameo. At the moment I got this far:

Name: Kame'leon

Male, but thinking of it maybe he should be a she?

Profession: Weaponssmith

Weapon: Twohanded hammer

Home guard / auxillary

Affinity: Metal or earth

Kern made a comment of his name about Kite. Anyone knows what that was about?
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Junglefowl26 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:29 am

He commented that your name came from the Kite school of naming: puns!
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:20 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:He commented that your name came from the Kite school of naming: puns!

Argh, slaps forehead! *upset*

So it was a pun on the word 'cameo', that was never my intent. I got the name by a whole another association...
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:22 am

Ra'tatosk wrote:
Junglefowl26 wrote:He commented that your name came from the Kite school of naming: puns!

Argh, slaps forehead! *upset*

So it was a pun on the word 'cameo', that was never my intent. I got the name by a whole another association...

Chameleon? That's what I was thinking of.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Khora2150 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 am

Ra'tatosk wrote:Well, I was a little late, so I missed the Illhr'dro cameos. Instead I have been thinking of a Sarghress cameo. At the moment I got this far:

Home guard / auxillary

Would suggest creating some sort of personality and such first to make it memorable. What weapon they use or affinity they have is nearly always irrelevant, as less than 10% of cameos ever use their weapons and even less use sorcery.

Also the name really sounds like Chameleon spoken by someone with a blocked nose when you say it out loud, hence his comment xD
Khora2150
Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby SFI » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Khora2150 wrote:
Ra'tatosk wrote:Well, I was a little late, so I missed the Illhr'dro cameos. Instead I have been thinking of a Sarghress cameo. At the moment I got this far:

Home guard / auxillary

Would suggest creating some sort of personality and such first to make it memorable. What weapon they use or affinity they have is nearly always irrelevant, as less than 10% of cameos ever use their weapons and even less use sorcery.

Also the name really sounds like Chameleon spoken by someone with a blocked nose when you say it out loud, hence his comment xD

Incidentally, ditch the ' and his name is the Dutch (and probs some other languages as well) translation of Chameleon
SFI
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Ra'tatosk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:18 am

Refining my character, but still needs things to fill out with.

He became a she, with name changed accordingly. She has evolved from blacksmith to weapon smith.
She is a Sarghress and supports Quain

Kame'hamara

born 1033 – 83 years old
• Name: Kame'hamara
• Race: Drowolath
• Ancestry: Mother was blacksmith
• Profession: Weapons smith.

• Weapon: War hammer: http://www.ashokaarts.com/shop/swiss-or ... war-hammer
The "hilt": http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_46pdBU26I0/T ... hammer.jpg
• Mana affinity: Metal or earth
• Part of the Home Guard Auxiliaries
• Uniform: Leather apron. If in combat ad helmet and shoulder pads

• Civil costume: Leather apron and whatever more to cover her body
• Colors: White hair, pulled back into an braid that is bundled up on her backhead.
• Size: Big brute with bulging muscles. Taught breasts. Very big and callous hands.
• Personality traits: Very bad temper, especially in the morning, before she had her first mushroom beer.
• Favorite saying: Bah, humbug. Quain need to put on more muscles if she wants' to be in my league.

• Quirk 1: All times prepared for helping out in the war effort. Carrying her war hammer with her. When drunk and in discussions, wielding it for making her points really to sink in.
• Quirk 2:
• Quirk 3:

• Character flaws: Her morning temper.
• Inspirational pictures:

As a weapons smith she is placed in the Home Guard, but is no favourite of Suube. Fully supports Quain as she considers her to be the ideal warrior.

Please have a say. Will Kern accept metal affinity? I am bad at getting her fitting clothes.
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar

Postby partner555 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:34 am

Ra'tatosk wrote:Refining my character, but still needs things to fill out with.

He became a she, with name changed accordingly. She has evolved from blacksmith to weapon smith.

Kame'hamara

born 1033 – 83 years old

• Colors: White hair, pulled back into an braid that is bundled up on her backhead.
• Size: Big brute with bulging muscles. Taught breasts. Very big and callous hands.
• Personality traits: Very bad temper, especially in the morning, before she had her first mushroom beer.
• Favorite saying: Bah, humbug. Quain need to put on more muscles if she wants' to be in my league.

• Quirk 1: All times prepared for helping out in the war effort. Carrying her war hammer with her. When drunk and in discussions, wielding it for making her points really to sink in.
• Quirk 2:
• Quirk 3:

As a weapons smith she is placed in the Home Guard, but is no favourite of Suube. Fully supports Quain as she considers her to be the ideal warrior.

Please have a say. Will Kern accept metal affinity? I am bad at getting her fitting clothes.

Looks ok, and the metal affinity should be fine.

But I think the no favourite of Suube part should be clarified. Do you mean she doesn't like Suube or Suube doesn't like her?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Guilty Carrion » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 am

partner555 wrote:
Ra'tatosk wrote:Refining my character, but still needs things to fill out with.

Kame'hamara

born 1033 – 83 years old

• Quirk 2:
• Quirk 3:

Looks ok, and the metal affinity should be fine.

But I think the no favourite of Suube part should be clarified. Do you mean she doesn't like Suube or Suube doesn't like her?

Can confirm, Nata'sinh already cameo'd and had a metal affinity. No reason yours shouldn't be allowed either.
Guilty Carrion
Summoner

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart