For general community discussion.

Cameo Brainstorming

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby partner555 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:55 am

He seems cool, voicing anti-slavery beliefs. He'd also get along well with Vaelia.
User avatar
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Do you really care?
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Ra'tatosk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Gunbird wrote:'m broke but heres a idea…

Name: Shynt

Equipment:For long range shots he uses a crossbows with a adjustable scope. For closer engagements he swaps it out for a recurve bow. He use two melee weapons. A Machete like short sword (that is manly used for cutting undergrowth) and a Bowie knife. He doesn't wears armor. Instead he uses a ghillie suit of that is powered by his wood sorcery. When his mana is low uses more conventional forms of camouflage. His suit and weapons are made by himself.
Magical affinity: Wood sorcery.


Very plausible exept you have to check with Kern if a live/mana powered ghillie suit is canon. It has not occurd earlier in the comic. Upon that, you have to check if that suit would be considered a weapon on it own - as the Balvhakara golem suit is considered a weapon.

Then we come to that you have to chose weapon - only one is allowed. You name two different bows, to different knives, and maybe the ghillie suit. That can be counted as being between two to five different weapons. As I said it would normally be a good and diversified chosing, but Kern don't want the cameos to have to many weapons as they are secondary characters and they will not have the stage time to use several weapons. I gave Aara'toskr both twin axes and knives, the axes were axed. I have given Roon'vos both bo shuriken spikes and heavier throwing knives - we have to see if that will be concidered as two different weapons or one.

So think about what weapon you prefer if you have to make a choice. If I have the possibility to get Aara'toskr a new spot I will try to change weapon to twin axes, or if the knives is set for life.

Lastly, the character building is more important than what weapon they bear. So concentrate on developing his character and quirks.
User avatar
Ra'tatosk
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm
Location: Under the stars, munching roasted chestnut nuts
Clan: Illhar'dro

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Gunbird » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Ra'tatosk wrote:Very plausible exept you have to check with Kern if a live/mana powered ghillie suit is canon. It has not occurd earlier in the comic. Upon that, you have to check if that suit would be considered a weapon on it own - as the Balvhakara golem suit is considered a weapon.

Then we come to that you have to chose weapon - only one is allowed. You name two different bows, to different knives, and maybe the ghillie suit. That can be counted as being between two to five different weapons. As I said it would normally be a good and diversified chosing, but Kern don't want the cameos to have to many weapons as they are secondary characters and they will not have the stage time to use several weapons. I gave Aara'toskr both twin axes and knives, the axes were axed. I have given Roon'vos both bo shuriken spikes and heavier throwing knives - we have to see if that will be concidered as two different weapons or one.

So think about what weapon you prefer if you have to make a choice. If I have the possibility to get Aara'toskr a new spot I will try to change weapon to twin axes, or if the knives is set for life.

Lastly, the character building is more important than what weapon they bear. So concentrate on developing his character and quirks.


Thanks for critique.

Yeah I think I need to edit this a bit. Maybe I should not make him such a weapons nut and be more of a hunter and sniper. I think he will use the crossbow and the machete. I should make a backstory too.

As for the ghillie suit; I don't think Kern even know what that is, much less being canon. Shynt uses it as a form of concealment and not as a weapon. I should have mention that he only use his wood sorcery for camouflage. If his mana is low or he just doesn't want to uses it, he will use more covenantal camouflage techniques he learned from Goblins hunters.

I don't have enough money right now to pay for a canon. I'm just doing this for fun.
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Ganurath » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:53 am

So, figure I'd get back to brainstorming these ideas. Maybe I'll eventually figure out where and when I need to be online to actually get a cameo in.

Name: Alur'inth Vel'Sharen
Race: Ver'drowendar Drowalath
Ancestry: Common born, selected to be a protector twin to [Female Vel'Sharen dictated by necessity of plot]
Profession: Protector Twin
Martial Ability: Wields a sword two-handed, favoring the superior leverage for better parries.
Mana Affinity: Metal affinity, used mostly to slow enemy attacks and parry attempts.
Costume: Mostly favors the traditional Sharen armor style, favoring black and purple for the silk, and with the armor itself made of the teal metal more popular in the current war. Forsakes a helmet, for a better field of vision, and secures her hair with a violet sealing stone near each temple.
Colors: Red eyes, skin tone of Chelian Drowalath, short black hair with a thick purple stripe toward the front.
Personality Traits: Alur'inth favors a calm, analytical approach to combat and conversation. She takes her duty, particularly protecting her Twin, very seriously. Whether or not her duty is loveless work to pay her debt to rise above her birth or a worthwhile cause depends on how well she gets along with her charge.
Favorite Saying: She tends to be terse and speech, and whatever news or orders she receives will be described as "Lovely." Whether her assessment is sincere or sarcastic depends on the content of the news or the intelligence of the order.
Quirks: Views the tainting as "bitter medicine," and only underwent it so that she could continue protecting her charge, rather than let the job be taken by someone less competent. As such, what spare time that she has is spent actively fighting her seed. Additionally, no known power in the Three Worlds can make Alur'inth laugh, although it is rumored that she has at times had a smile on her face.
Inspirational Pictures: Armor style I had in mind was that of the Sharen soldiers from pages 23-25 of the Prologue, sans helmet.

Name: Nizzre'kyil
Race: Ver'drowendar Drowalath
Ancestry: Commoner in mid 30s (human years)
Profession: Daughter/Niece of [Summoner/Soul Seeker/Berserker dictated by necessity of plot]
Martial Ability: She has a demonic lizard beast named Cutie that she can ordered around. Aside from claws suited to climbing and a lengthy prehensile tongue, its abilities are roughly similar to that of a Sarghress wolf.
Mana Affinity: Lightning affinity, infuses with nether to bypass shields.
Costume: Wears a black leather vest with red trim over a brown shirt, cloth black pants, and brown leather sandals. Her hair is tied back in a shoulder-length braid, with copper rings woven into it for style. While she doesn't have a proper Scourge mask, she somehow got her hands on an Inquisitor mask, torn the cloth off the lower half, and repainted it brown and red as a proxy.
Colors: Red eyes, skin tone of Chelian Drowalath, white hair with no dye in it.
Personality Traits: Nizzre'kyil is lovingly affectionate toward her family and her Cutie, and irritatingly chipper when interacting with the rest of the Vloz'ress. She's eager to prove herself as able to help pull her weight, especially if it involves providing Cutie with a steady diet of Clan Minions.
Favorite Saying: No particular saying, but when dealing with Clan Minions she will loudly speculate about said Minion's sexual history with their Clan's symbolic animal.
Quirks: If there are Clan Minions around that she knows aren't allowed to attack her, she'll all but jump at the opportunity to needle the Clan Minion over the actions of their clan against commoners. Cutie will lick anything that Nizzre'kyil points at while saying "Kisses!"
Inspirational Pictures: Nizzre'kyil's vest is similar to the one that Kiel had pre-timeskip, but a little more open at the top since she's a bit older than Kiel was back then. Her mask is like that of Cas'nihlus, but red instead of purple, no cloth to cover the lower half of her face, and with a somewhat sloppier paint job. Cutie's base form is that of a juvenile dragon, but the demon has given him a more lupine skeletal structure, save for a head crest like a styracosaurus and a second pair of eyes.
Ganurath
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:39 am
Location: The Rift
Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Gunbird » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:15 am

partner555 wrote:He seems cool, voicing anti-slavery beliefs. He'd also get along well with Vaelia.


Who is Vaelia?
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Ganurath » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:10 am

Gunbird wrote:Who is Vaelia?
The human ex-slave Highland Raider who helped Ariel through pretty much every violent encounter of her childhood.
Ganurath
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:39 am
Location: The Rift
Clan: Vloz'ress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Gunbird » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:20 am

Ganurath wrote:
Gunbird wrote:Who is Vaelia?
The human ex-slave Highland Raider who helped Ariel through pretty much every violent encounter of her childhood.


Oh right. I thought you were talking about a cameo. XD
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Dalvyserran » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:59 pm

have no concept, so I figured I'd leave this here


-Name
Awdri Nori'fu Sarghress

-gender
Male

-Clan/faction
Sarghress

-Job/profession
Assault Legion squad member

-race
Chelian Drowolath

-Mana affinity (no special powers allowed)
Fire; carries flint + foci instead of firepot

-Martial abillity
uses a one-handed battle axe

-Physical appearance
Long white hair, braided and hidden under his chest armor. Red tipped bangs
Orange eyes
Strong, buff build, looks like a younger, handsome Mandroga

-Equipement set.
Standard Assault legion gear, but wears a stolen, bloody teal scarf on his neck (stolen from a slain Vel'Sharen).

-Personality
-Awdri is hotheaded and in dispute with how things are going in the war. Doesn't agree that the clan should parley with the enemy after years of conflict, and Awdri would rather see the Vels and their val system completely obliterated (otherwise they will just rise up again). Vel'Sharen allies should've been subjugated to prevent plotting behind Sarghress backs.

-His loyalty to the clan is unquestioned, and he has worked hard to gain his position as a male, through wartime honors and service in the homeguard & highland raiders. Awdri is ambitious in his quest to push his agendas.

-He prefers to be with the more violent and brutish members of the clan, because he thinks they keep the old mercenary ways when others want to do away with the clan's roots. The young and restless troops mostly.

-Quirks
Awdri looks tough, but still acts like a clueless young male around high rank female superiors

His war trophies include Sharen and Beld val heads tied to the collar of his wolf, and a dragonskin cloak

Awdri denies it publicly, but he is a serial Sullisin'rune skirt chaser, but fears nagas


-What expression represent him or her the best
Cocky grins and taunting when he is in a fighting frenzy

-What activity represent him or her the best
promoting true mercenary spirit by fighting, pillaging and demoralizing Vals and their allies.
User avatar
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4849
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: You can't make me have fun!
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby vernes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Ganurath wrote:The human ex-slave Highland Raider who helped Ariel through pretty much every violent encounter of her childhood.
I think she died of old age by now. I mean, howmuch time went by?
I wonder if she help jumpstart an army of those tiny mana insects. Chu!
User avatar
vernes
Summoner
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Disestablish » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:26 pm

vernes wrote:
Ganurath wrote:The human ex-slave Highland Raider who helped Ariel through pretty much every violent encounter of her childhood.
I think she died of old age by now. I mean, howmuch time went by?
I wonder if she help jumpstart an army of those tiny mana insects. Chu!

.... She is 30 right now... Has kids... Lives in a colony.... Appeared in a chapter story... Twice... In a pretty huge role... The attack on that slave colony ring a bell?
User avatar
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5427
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 am
Location: The cold wilderness of rural Ontario.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Alric » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Going to post what I wrote about Gaes'riganis here too:

Name: Gaes'riganis Am'saag Sarghress

Profession: Warrior and raider, same tribe Tur'geis and Die'tra are from, likely has raided with them before. (Tur'geis and Die'tra are likely back raiding on the surface as of chapter 47)

General notes:
-Fairly tall, muscular. Gimirri facial features; high cheekbones, somewhat prominent nose, blue-grey eyes. Long, wild hair pulled into a loose braid in the back, hair on the sides of the head dyed red.

-Scythian-style tattoos on arms & shoulders, scarred face and body

-Golden torc around neck

-Grey wolf mount, named Tarkhan

-Earth sorcery

-uses a recurve composite bow when on wolf, uses a one-handed broadsword and a sagaris axe in melee

-Religious fanatic, devoted to war deities. Sees death in battle as a great glory, and combat as the purest form of worship.

-Might is right morality

-Like most Gimirri warriors she takes skulls/skins of enemies and repurposes them as attire/trophies. Possibly hangs them from wolf's bridle and saddle

Background: Gaes'riganis' family was killed in a tribal raid when she was young. She was adopted by another family in her tribe, but was never entirely accepted by them. Once she was old enough, Gaes'riganis went off with a Gimirri war band who raided caravans crossing the underworld, and would later join the Sarghress with several other Gimirri.

Personality: Gaes'riganis is a savage in every meaning of the word. Like most Am'saag warriors she enjoys combat for its own sake and relishes taking trophies and loot from slain enemies, in particular skulls for drinking goblets and tanned flesh as saddles, arrow quivers, cloaks, and so on. Gaes'riganis enjoys sowing fear and panic among her foes, and is a religious fanatic devoted to her peoples' war deities. She sees death in battle as the greatest glory, and combat as the purest form of worship. After a battle, she commemorates victory and bloodshed in a traditional manner by pouring her foes' blood over her sword's blade in an offering to Moro'riganis, an Am'saag war and death goddess.

Quotes: “Why are we talking, when we could be killing?”
“I will have first blood!”
User avatar
Alric
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2582
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: Crushing my enemies.
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby partner555 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:11 am

Dalvyserran wrote:have no concept, so I figured I'd leave this here


-Name
Awdri Nori'fu Sarghress

-gender
Male

-Clan/faction
Sarghress

-Job/profession
Assault Legion squad member

-race
Chelian Drowolath

-Mana affinity (no special powers allowed)
Fire; carries flint + foci instead of firepot

-Martial abillity
uses a one-handed battle axe

-Physical appearance
Long white hair, braided and hidden under his chest armor. Red tipped bangs
Orange eyes
Strong, buff build, looks like a younger, handsome Mandroga

-Equipement set.
Standard Assault legion gear, but wears a stolen, bloody teal scarf on his neck (stolen from a slain Vel'Sharen).

-Personality
-Awdri is hotheaded and in dispute with how things are going in the war. Doesn't agree that the clan should parley with the enemy after years of conflict, and Awdri would rather see the Vels and their val system completely obliterated (otherwise they will just rise up again). Vel'Sharen allies should've been subjugated to prevent plotting behind Sarghress backs.

-His loyalty to the clan is unquestioned, and he has worked hard to gain his position as a male, through wartime honors and service in the homeguard & highland raiders. Awdri is ambitious in his quest to push his agendas.

-He prefers to be with the more violent and brutish members of the clan, because he thinks they keep the old mercenary ways when others want to do away with the clan's roots. The young and restless troops mostly.

-Quirks
Awdri looks tough, but still acts like a clueless young male around high rank female superiors

His war trophies include Sharen and Beld val heads tied to the collar of his wolf, and a dragonskin cloak

Awdri denies it publicly, but he is a serial Sullisin'rune skirt chaser, but fears nagas


-What expression represent him or her the best
Cocky grins and taunting when he is in a fighting frenzy

-What activity represent him or her the best
promoting true mercenary spirit by fighting, pillaging and demoralizing Vals and their allies.

Ah, someone of Norifu house, we have got to see more of them. Just one question, he may be loyal to the clan, but what are his specific opinions on Quain and Ariel? Same as Suube? Same as Koil? Different from both?

Alric wrote:Going to post what I wrote about Gaes'riganis here too:

Name: Gaes'riganis Am'saag Sarghress

Profession: Warrior and raider, same tribe Tur'geis and Die'tra are from, likely has raided with them before. (Tur'geis and Die'tra are likely back raiding on the surface as of chapter 47)

General notes:
-Fairly tall, muscular. Gimirri facial features; high cheekbones, somewhat prominent nose, blue-grey eyes. Long, wild hair pulled into a loose braid in the back, hair on the sides of the head dyed red.

-Scythian-style tattoos on arms & shoulders, scarred face and body

-Golden torc around neck

-Grey wolf mount, named Tarkhan

-Earth sorcery

-uses a recurve composite bow when on wolf, uses a one-handed broadsword and a sagaris axe in melee

-Religious fanatic, devoted to war deities. Sees death in battle as a great glory, and combat as the purest form of worship.

-Might is right morality

-Like most Gimirri warriors she takes skulls/skins of enemies and repurposes them as attire/trophies. Possibly hangs them from wolf's bridle and saddle

Background: Gaes'riganis' family was killed in a tribal raid when she was young. She was adopted by another family in her tribe, but was never entirely accepted by them. Once she was old enough, Gaes'riganis went off with a Gimirri war band who raided caravans crossing the underworld, and would later join the Sarghress with several other Gimirri.

Personality: Gaes'riganis is a savage in every meaning of the word. Like most Am'saag warriors she enjoys combat for its own sake and relishes taking trophies and loot from slain enemies, in particular skulls for drinking goblets and tanned flesh as saddles, arrow quivers, cloaks, and so on. Gaes'riganis enjoys sowing fear and panic among her foes, and is a religious fanatic devoted to her peoples' war deities. She sees death in battle as the greatest glory, and combat as the purest form of worship. After a battle, she commemorates victory and bloodshed in a traditional manner by pouring her foes' blood over her sword's blade in an offering to Moro'riganis, an Am'saag war and death goddess.

Quotes: “Why are we talking, when we could be killing?”
“I will have first blood!”

Might is right morality? So, should someone defeat her in pure combat, what would happen?
User avatar
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 7338
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm
Location: Do you really care?
Clan: Sarghress

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Junglefowl26 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:30 am

Thank you both for posting the info.

Those are really cool characters.
User avatar
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Dalvyserran » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:34 pm

partner555 wrote:Ah, someone of Norifu house, we have got to see more of them. Just one question, he may be loyal to the clan, but what are his specific opinions on Quain and Ariel? Same as Suube? Same as Koil? Different from both?


I'll paste here what I told others in chat

He is a man born into the clan, just under 200 years old, but given that he grew up around the roughnecks and in Suube's household his ideals differ strongly from Ariel and Quain. He is a hothead with issues.

Awdri has a bone to pick with quain for playing val games; for example, the problem of allying with the suls he sees as lazy Vals who rarely send their own to fight, if at all. But he knows that without them, the army would have trouble standing on its own financially.

You know those dev'esses in the beginning who thought Quain was doing shady shit behind their backs? Awdri has similar notions. Koil may not have cared about being removed from heiress status, but when news spread Awdri took offense--not because Koil is his relative, but because a kid who came out of nowhere was being placed above a decorated warrior with credentials.

but he couldn't do or say anything, because he is only a male.

Another thing Awdri has problems with is that it's still harder for him to advance than it is for a female. Being Sarghress is supposed to mean you can achieve your own destiny, yet the clan hasn't shaken off the old val tradition of female leadership and female inheritance. (You can get high, but not high enough: Rosof is only an advisory role, Kel regulated to the shadows, Sang's boy appeared to be only a petty officer, and of course Sar'nel got complaints that he gets to lead even a single squad.)

The war was a perfect release for his frustrations with being a male and unable to advance like he should... Which strengthens his belief that the val system is what holds himself, the leadership and the clan from total conquest. Insisting on females in positions of power and making Ariel heiress when there are perfectly capable loyal members of the clan who can lead, with experience.

He also doesn't like that there is a parlay, instead of sending forces to move against the Sharen remnants while they are weak and in a corner. Without removing the blight completely, you can never fully achieve the goal of freedom from Vals. But what can he do, Awdri is only a male. So he's just there to fuck shit up while he's still kicking.

The original incarnation of Awdri was a wanton psycho who joined only to satisfy her base violent urges. But I figured I'd have more impact if it was a male Nori'fu who gets to fight alongside one of the generals of the Sarghress army.
User avatar
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4849
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: You can't make me have fun!
Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Cameo Brainstorming

Postby Gunbird » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Name: Marian

Clan:Sarghress/ Kal’yantra

Profession: Black smith/Weapons enthuse. Former golem engineer.

Race: Drowlath

Magical affinity: Metal sorcery

Weapon:A bowie knife that was a gift from Shynt.

Appearance: She is 7 ft tall with a skinny body shape except in the shoulders and arms. Her skin color is the typical Chel'el'Sussoloth brown. Her hair is black and tied up in a short ponytail. Her eyes are blue.
She wares a brown coverall that looks like this and has a black apron with red stitching over it. When she is working, she is wareing goggle and a light brown mask that covers her lower face.

Personalty: For most of the time is cheerful,especially when she is working on military items. She get confused and worried someone is arguing, especially if that arguing is coming from her mate.

Quirks #1: Despite her alginates with Saghress, she doesn't pay much attention to politics. She dose try to understand what Shynt is talking about, but she gets sidetracked and ends up talking about weapons.
#2:She is Weapons GEEK!!! She can't stop talking about military equipment and likes to experiment with them.Even her fellow Kwl'yantra engineers have a hard time understanding her obsession.

I'll put the back story on later. Tell me what you think about it so far.
Last edited by Gunbird on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gunbird
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: A Island that looks like a fish.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests