Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Pitdragon's random bits: These things happen

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: The Great Pandemonium

Postby suntiger745 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 am

You my dear, have excellent taste in music. :)

Really cool image as well. I can see Kalki looking like that when she gets down to business and not treating things as a game or teasing her relatives.
Also love the image of the sneaky, smug but regal Snadhya in the background.
suntiger745
Kern's minion

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Torrin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Pitdragon wrote:Just one
Just one more
Just one
Just one more day....

That should be the Nid national anthem.... *wee*

Snadhya reminds me of this:
"The better part of valour is discretion" - Falstaff, in Henry IV, Part I.
Torrin
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Whizzard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Hmmm...

This chord
This water
This son
This daughter
This day
This time
This land
It's all mine

This Calling Bell
This Forge Bell
This Dark Bell
This The Knife Bell
This calling
This burden
This falling
The world's turning

- Brian Eno song "This"

Yup, fits. *blush*
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Torrin wrote:
Pitdragon wrote:Just one
Just one more
Just one
Just one more day....

That should be the Nid national anthem.... *wee*

Admittedly, that is partly why the song caught me as good to mix with the Nids. Snadhya's plans just require patience for them to unfold, so it's just one more day to wait. Though the song I'm 99.9999% sure has a basis in Milton's "Paradise Lost", especially the first few books where Satan goes on his epic journey. Of course, that's another "child" casting down a "parent", so make of it what you will. :P
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Alric » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 pm

suntiger745 wrote:You my dear, have excellent taste in music. :)

Yeah, Kamelot's not half bad!

Nice picture too...and the song does fit. I'll admit that I was confused at first, mistaking Kalki for An'jhali until I took a closer look ^^;
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Gia and an Exiled Princess

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:52 am

Long work shift, had to fill in an extra day for a sick coworker. But I had a bit more time to doodle between things!

A sorta final design for Gia'trosa. Made the arms a wee-bit long again. I'll have to force myself to use grids again like I did with the Xuile'solen Spy pic until I get my proportions back in shape. I tried to simplify her outfit a bit. Here's a color test with her face, used GIMP and various layering to work on colors. A more darker metallic version of her hair would be what her bio-arm's muscle would look like.

Our three favorite Sharen Kids find themselves in exile - something happened back home and there is no turning back now. While Chrys looks calm while offering loyalty to whomever is taking them in, her siblings show the truth - tired, haggard, shocked and betrayed. Whatever the experience, they become closer and are forged into a trio that can hold their own, pictured above as older. Lower picture designs are their Moons End Festival outfits, while above it is a variation on Nau's armor from an earlier doodle of mine, Shinae gains a simple but functional robe and pauldrons with a blade at her side (maybe another in her sleeves) as well as a longer ponytail, and Chrys wears something similar to the outfit she wore at the Vloz'ress last chapter, minus hood and hairnet.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Ariel and golems!

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Ah, more art...

Tried an Ariel 25yrs later with her Highland Raider armor and shape-shifted hair to wings. She's done talking, but if I wasn't lazy I'd have Nau'kheol following her in the dragon armor I designed for him, yelling back, "Well, for once I'm not!" Make of it what you will. *heehee*

I mentioned long ago that Gia'trosa often traveled with four golems. This is the group and how they travel - the two largest, El'yon and Eh'yeh, carry her and act as defensive shields. El'him wanders either behind or in front to keep an eye out for trouble (in defense mode) and generally look impressive. E'met however always stays close and the two can be heard conversing.

Designs, and added descriptions:
Eh'yeh - Eh'yeh is a simple rock golem. It was actually an early design project for Gia and her dear friend and Housemate, Petra'nada, when they were but fledgling golem-makers (well, maybe just a little further than that, not sure the educational time scale). Petra was never fond of its rough appearance, but over time she and Gia added a few bits more to advance it (taking more than one command so a short string could be performed, repeating an action for a short, specified time). The two trade off Eh'yeh for heavy lifting, though Gia takes it out in the city more as Petra does not often travel far from the Jaal compound. Eh'yeh is a boring gray stone color with a sapphire "eye" control gem.

El'yon - El'yon was partially built, partially commissioned by Gia's mother. Her mother did not focus heavily on golem making, not quite having the knack for it, and now spends more time handling negotiations with perspective buyers of Jaal'darya tech and services. She purposefully had a child with a male Dutan'vir known for his golem talents in hopes that her child would be just as talented. It has paid off, somewhat. El'yon remained as a decoration for the most part in the mother's quarters until Gia started fixing it up and adding to its mechanisms. It and Eh'yeh are intimidatingly tall enough for Gia to feel protected with the two, and as obvious lifeless golems Gia gets little gruff from anyone in the streets of Chel that might otherwise take offense at Jaal'darya bio-golem members. A doctor does not want to become a patient, so best avoid angry gazes. El'yon is more of a bronze/copper color with gems of an amber tone. I suppose the fetus/gem/moon motif on its bracers could represent the House that Gia and her mother are part of. I tend to draw it with Gia stuff.

El'him - El'him is a golem of hard crystal and either rock and/or metal. It was built by Petra for Gia's protection in the city. Petra is somewhat more geared for developing weapons - advanced golems though mostly now bio-golems meant as weaponry, and her daughter Kera'si is following in her footsteps with a heavier leaning toward bio-golem concealed weapons, though she still is young. Petra felt that the other two golems were too "brutish" so El'him's design is sleek, meant for quick movements and beauty in action. I admit the feet were blatantly taken from the design of the robots in the anime Dual - while it is a high-heel joke, I also felt it would, when considered properly with a frame, give El'him a gait like that of a crane (the bird). El'him's colors are a brilliant purple with gray/silver for what parts are stone and/or metal. The "eyes" are just a more brighter tone, as if they are back-lit.

E'met - E'met is an advanced Personal Golem Assistant (PGA). PGAs come in all shapes and sizes and elaborateness, from the small wrist-band to a helm headset to a device that hangs from the belt or flies beside or even walks on two or more limbs. They tend to either react to specific inputs a certain way (lighting up or making a sound when toxins in the air are approaching dangerous, for example) or read back and store them (recording voice and playing back like those amplifying stones from the Council, another example). E'met can store quite a bit of data and retrieve it easily. E'met can speak it back, write it back, or draw it back (asking for a zoom in on drawings will reveal that curves are many straight lines to E'met, or colors become blocky). E'met is so advanced that it appears to hold conversations similar to ELIZA... or perhaps E'met is alive?

E'met is made of clay, and thus is light in coloration with a very small hint of tan-brown. It moves like a person, and speaks like a person. Its eye complex is used to take in different sorts of data as well as "see." E'met is always seen wearing a robe and a hat, and of course a medallion of the Jaal'darya symbol. Gia takes the greatest risk bringing E'met out, but E'met is a skilled assistant and is her magnum opus as far as complete golems go. While her sorcery isn't in stone or whatever clay would qualify as, she felt shaping it was similar to shaping flesh in her medical work. E'met's limbs and digits are much like a humanoid, so E'met can even assist in careful operations as a second doctor or a nurse. If questioned, E'met will evade any question of its status of "alive or simply artificial intelligence" by offering philosophical points related to the wording of the question (easily programmable, if you think about it). Gia just smiles and does the same.

Whooo, sorry for the wordy post. *doh* I really aught to force myself to write that fic... Those extra acronyms on El'him and El'yon are jokes and I wouldn't think that would be their models, so they won't be brought up again. PGA, though, that'll probably stick. ^^;
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kiel and Naal'ga

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:14 am

Just a bit of slightly older Kiel and her new pet.

Also goofing with perspectives:

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kiel and Naal'ga

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:58 am

A Mir'kiin pic is up.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Relaxing Gia'trosa

Postby Pitdragon » Sun May 29, 2011 6:17 am

Gia'trosa relaxing in an arena-style lecture hall back in the Jaal'darya compound. This is what she wears only in her apartments and the compound when she is not busy working on something like a patient (then she'll cover up more, at least to have sterile, clean clothing on to reduce the spread of fungal spores that seem to affect Drow). In the city she wears that himation set that I normally show her with, even if she is in only the presence of females (she'll just remove any shawl she is wearing and possibly her face veil).

In that hairnet of her normal garb she has short braids, and she lets them down when she's at home. She doesn't carry her biogolem braid whip that often about the compound either - there really isn't much need there.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Chrys's Angel and Devil

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:52 am

Poor Chrys, so many choices, dissenting opinions, and a sister that wishes for a little normalcy!

Yakuise and Zala'ess are the angel and devil on her shoulders, while Shinae is just sorta flitting about, completely unhappy with the whole deal.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kami'seide and Ken'dosha

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:32 am

Click on them to see me babble about them on DA (Kami'seide "design" for her healing process and a created Templar for her who is determined to make up for not being there to save her. I keep saying that one day I might write a fic about Gia'trosa helping them, we'll see).

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: My Little Ponytales

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:35 am

Yeah, you know it had to be done. Click on the pic for the full size at my DA page since Kiel's butt gets cut off in the forums.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Smokehammer » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 pm

It..it really looks like them(especially Chrys). XD Holy crap thats scary-Awesome job though.
Smokehammer
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 am

Smokehammer wrote:It..it really looks like them(especially Chrys). XD Holy crap thats scary-Awesome job though.

I tried my best to make sure and get their eye-shapes right. And try to get their hair as best as I could with manes in mind.

Hemming and hawing over doing Ariel's group, though throwing Kyo'nne in this one sorta is my way of putting that off.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart