Have Drowtales-inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Pitdragon's random bits: Flowers and Rags

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kyorl's New Ill'haress (parody)

Postby partner555 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Pitdragon wrote:
partner555 wrote:Is that Valla in the last panel?

Chiri.

Ah yes, Chiri would definitely be horrified. Shan however, might like the replacement, a lot, in that way :P ;) .
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kyorl's New Ill'haress (parody)

Postby Smokehammer » Wed May 15, 2013 12:21 am

*lol* pfft ahahahah pfft *lol* *dies*
Smokehammer
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sharen

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sharen don't know about my move

Postby Pitdragon » Sat May 18, 2013 4:40 am

No, I can't be serious during a serious main comic time for some reason.

I couldn't say how often the Am'saag and the Voisk would have met in times past, but I hope it always goes like this.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby partner555 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:03 am

Who's Voisk?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pitdragon » Sat May 18, 2013 5:12 am

partner555 wrote:Who's Voisk?

Up a bit I drew up a character sheet on the dude on the right, gave him a "last" name of "Voisk" (though that's really a nation name, his "clan" name would be the third name if he was among his people, outside they like to make a big deal about nation). I've some tentative babble in my head about where they're from, yadda yadda.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finn MacCool » Sat May 18, 2013 1:40 pm

is ariel awkwardly scratching her head or wearing a tiny hat in the last panel?
Finn MacCool
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Pitdragon » Sun May 19, 2013 6:13 am

Finn MacCool wrote:is ariel awkwardly scratching her head or wearing a tiny hat in the last panel?

The former.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Brainstorming

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 am

*If the image runs off, click for the Deviant Art version*

Trying to get ideas for doodles, and then make myself do them. I haven't drawn much since my vacation that was book-ended with work shifts, but here's a little attempt. Gia'trosa's mom, Dia'heira, a bean-counter of sorts. Tainted version of the eye leaves her open for various ideas, though originally in my head she had a twin sister that became tainted while researching Tainting and possession. Perhaps she still does. This is a first run, I'll probably consider making more of a decadent outfit and some more elaborate tattoos will be planned out, in order to show off her love of wealth. While Ada is more of a form of currency to Drow, it seems much to heavy and dense to make a lot of jewelry out of, and probably not a good idea to tattoo it into your skin. So I went with a gold theme so the viewer would get the idea better. She has brown eyes like Gia'trosa, under those gold, translucent eye-caps.

Sorry for my crappy handwriting.

EDIT (7/12): Had a moment to doodle, and Dia'heira troubles me with her blandness. As I said, she's decadent. And while she might not turn herself into something too bizarre, she'd still do things to ensure her safety and possible add a touch of intimidation if needed. So here's some brainstorming (in a crappy pic):

I know that petasos with veil looks a bit like Kyu'dosha Illhar'dro's hat (I might drop the tip to reduce the similarities), but I was trying to think of something that would cover her face but not bother her coiled snake-braids. A very wide-brimmed, possibly metal petasos could with just a slight hitching of the veil in the back. I'm so-so on a staff. The robe's very high collar should give an idea of a cobra hood, and rings about the neck the segmentation of a snake's belly.

Robe can be open or closed, and I might have her wrap something about her further like a chlamys. Long skirt or short with this kind of robe? I'm starting to think long so she can have some sort of patterning of metal threads in it. Color scheme will change from the first pic too.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Jaal, Vloz, or Golem?

Postby Pitdragon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:12 pm

While working on Gia's mom (pretty much done really), I pondered other ideas. This is a quick doodle of one.

Underneath the robe is an androgynous torso, with limbs far too long for a normal Drow. The body is wrapped like a mummy, and the robe is warn over it. The head is covered with a cloth, secured with an ornate neck brace, and attached to the face is a mask. The mask moves with emotion, not speech. Think Hexadecimal from Reboot for a reference.

The color tones are Jaal, but this could easily be a Vloz too, twisted by a runaway seed or possession. For the Jaal, this may be a Fae or a Biogolem, and the latter possibility has a variant, rotating mask doodle shown. If a Jaal, are they twisted in a manner similar to the Vloz idea? Is this a result of body manipulation gone wrong? Or, in the eyes of this Jaal, perhaps gone right? Is this a biogolem that passes as a typical Drow of the clan because it is not possible to tell with this getup (as the mask has no mouth or eye holes, just darker metal revealed with the reshaping of eyes and mouth)?

If Daydream indicating that some males still remain in the Jaal is slightly canon, maybe this could also be one of those remaining men, who has altered his body in this gangly way to help mask his gender. Longer legs to achieve female height, longer arms for the proportions, a more androgynous form so when the cloak clings or he removes it then it isn't obvious he is a he. Or perhaps he went for a neutral gender and is neither male nor female anymore.

It is fun to ponder how any of these cases would interact with their clans or other Drow, and for a male, neuter, or golem if anyone would figure it out.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Jaal, Vloz, or Golem?

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 pm

And an additional bit to show the mask in a happy mood on the Jaal-thing, as well as muse on whether it should have wrappings or a flat body suit of thick spider silk. Plus Dia'heira's PGA tablet and bag.

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Jaals and doodles

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:17 am

Between weather and crazy people on the loose, work was a little slow. So I doodled a bit.

And drew a bit more, though this next one I might ink and color later:

Since the Jaalthing sports elongated limbs, it is very tall and very willowy. Gia's mom is a little over average female height for comparison.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Another Jaal idea

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:38 am

Another Jaal design (or perhaps someone possessed with something that wants to swallow your soul). This is a scorpion warrior perhaps, maybe a member that never was much of a scientist, maybe someone that was adopted into the clan, perhaps even a very convincing Biogolem hybrid. Or perhaps Junglefowl's clan for the Raveran RP scraped together some cash and modified a daughter?

Inspiration is of course a scorpion, and two characters: one from a well known movie franchise and the other from the expansion of a well known gaming franchise.

This is a scrap because I am a little lazy. I might work on her later, make her not look so crappy.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Junglefowl26 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:18 am

Sorry I haven't commented earlier. I am terrible at getting around to that.

Amazing designs! I...don't even know where to begin, I could go gushing on forever!

Jaal are a fun clan to play around with, and I think you bring out their potential expertly.

I particularly like the false lips on the scorpion thing. Creepy.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the hat - it isn't like Kyu'Dosha is the only one in the world to wear such a hat, and I think it has a different look and feel to it.
Junglefowl26
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:02 am

Junglefowl26 wrote:Also, I wouldn't worry about the hat - it isn't like Kyu'Dosha is the only one in the world to wear such a hat, and I think it has a different look and feel to it.

Yeah, tried to differentiate it a bit more by keeping a more rounded top. I do like Kyu's hat even if the Vloz guards don't. XD

And been tweeking that Scorpion Jaal a bit, because now that the idea is out I can't let it rest. Here's a progress shot on a general idea, which is subject to change as I adjust proportions and decide I don't like things.

Like that tail will NOT be smooth in the final version, that's just the "guidelines" I'm using atm. Might use a name for her that harkens to the goddess Selket.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Kisses dears!

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart