Have Drowtales inspired stories and art? Share it here!

Pitdragon's random bits: Flowers and Rags

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Sullissin WIP

Postby Pitdragon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:30 pm

SoulCode wrote:loving the glow effect

I'll probably try to have a more central, near-white glow for the "core" of the beast being summoned, and more tendrils reaching out to the stone. Maybe. Depends on how lazy I am.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Muted Beld Colors

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Having a huge fight with coming up with a good Sullissin background (I sorta have one but I don't like it), so I decided to practice more digital inking! Inkscape acts differently on my Mac, so I've had to adapt and doof about.

And a little something extra:
Yeah, I know, hand holding book impossibly.

"Now turn to page 394."
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Muted Beld Colors

Postby Tsuris » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Pitdragon wrote:"Now turn to page 394."

*lol* Awesome *wee*
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Waes's Difficult Task

Postby Pitdragon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Was practicing random crap. Well, I should've practiced backgrounds more but at some point I say, "Eff it."

The comic is too big to display here, so click on the jerk below to see it!

Probably should've ended it with, "And thus began a beautiful friendship." Pfff hahaha
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Postby partner555 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 am

Pitdragon wrote:Was practicing random crap. Well, I should've practiced backgrounds more but at some point I say, "Eff it."

Probably should've ended it with, "And thus began a beautiful friendship." Pfff hahaha

That comic was hilarious. Is that the only page or is there more?
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pitdragon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:37 am

partner555 wrote:
Pitdragon wrote:Was practicing random crap. Well, I should've practiced backgrounds more but at some point I say, "Eff it."

That comic was hilarious. Is that the only page or is there more?

I'm wrestling with more ideas. I do have an eventual, mo' srs idea for one day in the future, but I'm trying to work out one-offs where either Khal is bitching to his bandmates and coming up with schemes to get Sulu back, or Sulu and Khal are just messing with each other constantly. Sulu used to be a bit wild in his past, after all. He'll be that teacher with eyes in the back of his head. }:3
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Messy, undolled Warden

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Very messy, but eh. I want to draw her, so I did, even poorly. Kami'seide Kyorl'Solenurn. Forgot scars on her arm to show how she was dolled, but her lip-scars are there.

Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Eri'nyasa Sharen

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 am

The Overseer seen in Chapter 39 and who is making a comeback in 41.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Practice: Chiri's 'rents

Postby Pitdragon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 pm

So since Rebirth is outdated, I was boredly thinking upon Chiri's parents. How they met, all that jazz. Shimi now mentions that Chiri came to her charred nearly beyond recognition, and Chiri confirms this story later after setting herself and that guardian tree on fire in chapter 28. So there already is something to ponder.

But I figured to practice a bit of digital since I've been lazy of late, I'd draw a little something. It's mostly inking and some flat colors, but there are hidden layers for the rest of the composition, which is mostly what I was doing it for. My inking still needs work.

Chiri's mother comes upon an injured Light Elf in the caverns off the trade routes out of the Kyorl'solenurn section (perhaps she was hunting down some lovely glowing flora to sell or something). She knows that the Templars were hunting something, or someone, and at the time worried about nether cultists (remember, pre-Nid war). But instead she finds this. Curiosity brings her closer to inspect the fallen Elf, and as she reaches to see if he lives, he reaches out to touch her.

Delirious with blood loss, he happily gazes upon what appears to be a beautiful ghost woman to him, and mutters kindly to her in his home tongue before passing out again. She catches his hand before it falls, stunned, and struggles with the concept of turning him in to the Templars. A thing she couldn't bring herself to.

I kept the mother's hair color from Rebirth but gave her Chiri's eyes, so that she gets a little something from both parents. Her father would have been a Van from our hidden Elven city who struck out to prove something, thus he wouldn't have a (huge) language barrier issue.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Practice: Kalki Eyes

Postby Pitdragon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Just practicing inking and stuff on my updated GIMP. Used an older pic of Kalki, just her eyes.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Practice: Kalki Eyes

Postby SoulCode » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm

if u put a new layer and set the trans down you could really get that 'eye-glaze' effect, also a high-light would really make the eyes stand out
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: WIP: Gia and E'met

Postby Pitdragon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 am

Simplified E'met's eye from my older sketch of it. I've lightened the tone of its "flesh" as well, and will have to make the ear foci blue like in its concept. And add another foci under the lip and a few more lines around the chin.

Gia's face looks squinched a bit, but I'm having trouble seeing how to fix it without a full re-inking and all that. Yeesh, I don't have it in me for that right now (head resizing is a necessity from the looks of it). Using her main design with the change in neck adornment from the old concept to something I had in a later portrait. Skin tone isn't quite final, I'm going to have to mess with it until I get the right effect to imply she had a Duter dad. Also going to stare at a lot of braided hoses and cords to see if I can give some definition to the "muscle" in her bio arm.

This will take me a while to work on since I'm about to have family in town for over a week. I'm going to have to leave this as a color reference and take the ink layer to another canvas, colorize and then redline the problems (maybe also make the complex eye for E'met again) before re-inking and recoloring. When it is done, perhaps it'll look like Gia is checking out her simple med kit before going out, and E'met is taking notes on something. I have no idea what will be the background...
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: OC as a Vanir

Postby Pitdragon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:52 am

A bit of a messy sketch, but I was thinking on how to put a common OC I plan on using one day (in some sort of PNP setting I'm working on slowly) in the Drowtales world. While a human under the thumb of Fae would fit his "plaything of the gods" deal, I felt after looking back at the Vanaheimr assassins that he'd fit there. Someone connected to Freyr's house, since Freyr's father is apparently interested in doing something to end their strict caste system. Somehow, this skilled person comes under his control, someone that wouldn't have been allowed into this position normally, someone who in public will act as a shadow servant but might speak up more in private and not follow the strict rules of his class.

His personality will be about the same, emotionally strange and while seeming socially inclined enough he's really good enough at acting the part. An exception to the system that still operates within it, not really struggling past his assigned role. At least, not until it conflicts with any aspirations or feelings he may finally allow himself.

I'll have to ponder a good name. A variation upon his own, or perhaps some of the slavic words I've played with? Or just give him piano wire and call him Walter? XD

And Freyr's dad looks grumpy because he's always grumpy.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Freya likes piggyback rides

Postby Pitdragon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Decided to practice some inking to get better at it. The slightly edged look to the image is due to shrinking it from original size.

Freya knows what certain castes are for and not for, but she really likes piggy-back rides and Freyr is too busy. And who can resist her super adorableness when she asks? No one, that's who.
Pitdragon
Dragon of the Nether

Re: Pitdragon's random bits: Freya likes piggyback rides

Postby partner555 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 am

Servant: Aren't you a little old to be getting piggy back rides?
Freya: Yes, yes I am.
Servant: Well, I suppose it's good that you're in touch with your inner child.
partner555
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Fanfics and Fanart